Show your Tate setup thats not a cab or arcade machine

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
EllertMichael

Re: Show your Tate setup thats not a cab or arcade machine

Post by EllertMichael »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:
EllertMichael wrote:
burgerkingdiamond wrote:
you're asking how to TATE and resize the screen for FinalBurnAlpha for a jtag'd 360?
It took me awhile to figure out. You have to open the FBA .xml file and change one of the values from a 0 to a 1 or something like that. I can't remember exactly which one off the top of my head, but I can open mine up and check for you.

for screen resizing you have to go into the menu while playing a game and choose a certain option after choosing it you can resize the x and y dimensions of the screen independently using the analog sticks in order to fit exactly and aspect ratio you like. Again if you want I can try it and tell you exactly how. I forgot after I got it setup right.
Dude, thank you! Yes, please! If it's not too much trouble... All help is greatly appreciated, my friend.
"Abigaillll!!!"
Ok. well I just don't have time to actually do this. I'm packing for Japan ( I left it for the last minute of course ).
But don't fear. Rest assured it is possible.

I'm assuming you know how to connect to your 360 using a router and a FTP program. Do this and find your FBAnext folder and open up the .xml file using NOTEPAD. Search through the document. You'll find something that should look like a TATE option. I don't remember what it says but it should be fairly obvious. The value will be a '0'. Change it to '1', and save it as the same ' '.xml

Don't bother trying to change any of the resolution settings in the .xml because it doesn't seem to do anything.

To get the screen to fill out start a game in FBAnext. The button command to open up the in game settings menu is I THINK holding both triggers and then right bumper. I don't remember for sure, you may already know it.

Once you get the menu open search through setting for some kind of resize, again sorry I don't remember what it is called. Once you select it it will bring back to the game but it will look like it's paused. At this point you can resize in x and y directions with either the left or right stick (not sure which). You can move the picture in the x or y direction using the opposite stick.

Sorry for my cryptic walkthrough here, but with a little experimenting this should get you to where you're trying to go.

BKD
Okay, I've managed to TATE the screen, but LT+RT+RB doesn't allow me to open the in game settings menu..
Oh, well. I'll figure it out. It's already a hell of a lot better now than it was!
Thanks for your help, buddy! Safe travels.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

So Vyxx, that's where you enjoy your PCB collection? 8) Ghetto + 1 :mrgreen:
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Glad you got it figured out half way. I looked it up online and it's definitely LT + RT + RB. However I've run into the problem before. You have to be using whatever controller is plugged into the 1st player port. I had the problem where I would start a game with my stick which only had four buttons (no triggers/bumpers). I would turn on a second wireless pad and try it but nothing happened. I had to quit FBA unplug the stick, and reassign the pad to 1st player. then start FBA and try again. That should work.

Thats one crappy thing about FBA for shmups on a stick for instance. You need to have way more buttons on you stick just to be able to acces the menu's and stuff then you actually would probably want (assuming you just want a 4 button stick, like me).
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
chempop

Post by chempop »

No offense Vyxx, but I can't believe you don't have furniture for your setup... LOL, those PCBs deserve better!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
drauch

Post by drauch »

chempop wrote:No offense Vyxx, but I can't believe you don't have furniture for your setup... LOL, those PCBs deserve better!
He had to sell the furniture for the Ketsui PCB. :wink:
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:Glad you got it figured out half way. I looked it up online and it's definitely LT + RT + RB. However I've run into the problem before. You have to be using whatever controller is plugged into the 1st player port. I had the problem where I would start a game with my stick which only had four buttons (no triggers/bumpers). I would turn on a second wireless pad and try it but nothing happened. I had to quit FBA unplug the stick, and reassign the pad to 1st player. then start FBA and try again. That should work.

Thats one crappy thing about FBA for shmups on a stick for instance. You need to have way more buttons on you stick just to be able to acces the menu's and stuff then you actually would probably want (assuming you just want a 4 button stick, like me).

That's exactly what it was, I had the stick in the first player. Once I put the pad in the first player I was able to access the menu and resize the screen. Everything looks brilliant now, thanks again for your help!
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

chempop wrote:No offense Vyxx, but I can't believe you don't have furniture for your setup... LOL, those PCBs deserve better!
Lol but I like the Ghetto set up.
Eventually once I find a Cab then it will be (somewhat) classy.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

I finally did it... I went tate... ^^ Installed my old dell triniton 21" crt-monitor, setup the old comp from the girlfriend... And here I go... It's so beautiful to play like this, it puts tears in my eyes!

And don't mind the black patches on the bezel... They're leftovers of an improvised arcade-bezel, as I had the monitor installed in a mame cab...
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats Drach, now you just need something of a 20"-28" to really feel the glory, when that happens you better have a box of tissues handy :wink:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Hehe, thanks Chempop.

Actually, I already needed those tissues, the monitor is a 21" one. :-D I would never had thought it, but playing this way IS quite different (i.e.: better) than on my normal widescreen lcd with borders left and right.

And the scanlines... *ohooooooooo shiny!* :-) Image
Sparda

Post by Sparda »

DIAMOND PLUS 230SB installed yesterday, i just need a new MB and proc, so i'll be able to play Ketsui and DOJ without any problems

ImageImage
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Sparda wrote:DIAMOND PLUS 230SB installed yesterday, i just need a new MB and proc, so i'll be able to play Ketsui and DOJ without any problems
Nice setup.

I've got an extra Diamond Pro 2070SB that I'm not sure what to do with.. if anyone around St. Louis is trying to setup a MAME or XRGB/supergun setup.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Naryoril

Post by Naryoril »

yay, finally everything is set up the way i wanted and i was really looking forward to post it here

it was a pain to do and to wait and it wasn't cheap either. it cost around 300$ for the mount, 100$ for the electrician to drill the holes in my concrete wall (i tried it myself, but i failed utterly, these walls are the horror) and another 100$ for new cables that are long enough so i can do it without any trouble. mind tough these are swiss prices, everything is much more expensive here than in most other countries

this is how it is normally:

and within a minute it can be changed to this:

that's a 42'' plasma TV Image
caincan

Post by caincan »

:shock: :?: , all i read about Plasma, it they don't like to be Tated and it's not recommended (even while shipping them) ?!, (LCD are good for this)
Naryoril

Post by Naryoril »

caincan wrote::shock: :?: , all i read about Plasma, it they don't like to be Tated and it's not recommended (even while shipping them) ?!, (LCD are good for this)
i called the Panasonic support and wrote them a mail about that issue and i googled it too

Tateing Plasma TVs isn't an issue at all. What they don't like during shipping is to lay them flat. Plasma TVs work with UV rays and to protect the user from them they have a thin UV absrobing layer. If you lay them down flat, especially during transport, the up-down vibrations may cause cracks in that layer which allows the UV rays to emit towards the one who's watching.

The only warning i got from the support (the phone support said there is no issue at all) is, that they don't recommend it, because the ventilation of the TV is made for a landscape orientation. But it isn't a problem if you only use it for short durations, 2-3 hours isn't a problem
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Naryoril, this looks absolutely marvelous! *envy* Enjoy!
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yeah, I used to sell Plasmas/LCDs when the HD market started flooding in. It's mainly for shipping that you don't want them lying down.
caincan

Post by caincan »

madrid during a retro event,

burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

caincan wrote:madrid during a retro event,

Thats an interesting cab. I think it would be cool to have same design at a steeper angle to allow for sitting down.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
homie

Post by homie »

XBOX360, Controller Converter Pro, Eaxus PSX-Pad-Hack, Dell UltraSharp 2007FP, 20,1" 4:3

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

homie wrote:XBOX360, Controller Converter Pro, Eaxus PSX-Pad-Hack, Dell UltraSharp 2007FP, 20,1" 4:3

http://gunnet.de/Schiller/bilder/SAM_0062.jpg
Looks great!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I played some XR-F tonight:

22" Acer. Too bad that it's not a 4:3 screen as it's quite excellent otherwise. Homebuilt stick (CD carrier) with Seimitsu LS-32, Seimitsu buttons (SANWA start buttons) and an Akihabarashop PS360 PCB. Should have used the SLG3000 as well, but I'm lazy. :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

chempop

Post by chempop »

whoozwah, where on earth did you score that SEGA sign?!
Doesn't having that wallpaper on the top part of the screen bother you? I'd turn it black and maybe center the picture, that's just me though.
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

chempop wrote:where on earth did you score that SEGA sign?!
there's a bunch of different ones like that on eBay... didn't think they would look that good tbh!
http://cgi.ebay.com/e054-b-Sega-Neon-Li ... 4aa8999b0d
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

yep. EllertMichael is on point with the sign. My camera doesn't do it justice either. It's a much deeper blue when your eyes look at it.

I'll have to check for the wallpaper settings. I didn't see a brightness option in Futari like there is in Galuda II but I'll look again. I def have it set the way you recommended in Galuda.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Took this during a night of xtreme shmupping with a buddy.

(note the ceramic toad in the corner)
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

drauch wrote:Took this during a night of xtreme shmupping with a buddy.

(note the ceramic toad in the corner)
I was wondering when you'd finally get a pic of this setup up :wink:

Still quite jealous that you managed to score that XM29 so cheap. I've been searching craigslist every so often, but no luck thus far :(
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

How do you flip your XM29? I tried flipping it the other day and I was thinking theres no way to do it without scratching up the table. I put a towel underneath and then realized that won't help because it will just get all scrunched up when I roll it. :lol:
drauch

Post by drauch »

I just do it really gently; plus, my table is an old piece of shit that I don't really care about, so...