Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

For anyone who cares, we (Ayanami, Sonic, zero.otaku and kcctzj) generally get together about every 2-3 weeks. Anyone is welcome to come over and play some games.
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote: I got the cable from radio shack, though I'm sure you could find it cheaper online. They should have that cord, with the headphone jack on one end and the stereo cables on the other, in various lengths. I think mine was about 9 bucks? Don't quite recall. You can also use it for a model 1 Genesis!
Thanks for the info. I'll check out Radio Shack. The Genesis is exactly what I had in mind to use it on. I may try it on the Turbo Duo as I think my capacitors are beginning to fail as the sound quality is becoming poor and actually has to "warm up" to provide better sound :(
tommyb wrote:Yep, Ridge Rd, that'd be the one. Haha.

I'm always down to sit around and just play videogames and chill. I would've made it to the last one but I had to work -_-

Sonic R, whereabout in Detroit do you live? I used to live in a rough area there, too, Michigan Ave. and Trumbull.
I am located in Garden City while Ayanami is located in Dearborn Heights. We are off of Inkster Rd… Inkster road divides the cities…

If you or anyone is ever in the area, please feel free to let us know and we can try to set something up. Also, my home is always open for anyone who would like to come by for fellowship and game playing :D
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Sonic R wrote: If you or anyone is ever in the area, please feel free to let us know and we can try to set something up. Also, my home is always open for anyone who would like to come by for fellowship and game playing :D
Sounds good ^_^
we should set something up soon, I could use some fellowship and game-playing =P
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

tommyb wrote:
DJ Incompetent wrote:Yeah I had a great time. Soulcal was awesome.
I have crappy raiden fighters music stuck in my head.
Where at in Ypsi are you? I just got back from a friends' in Ypsi, actually. Lives in some trailor park off Michigan Ave by a Marathon gas station, haha :P
Used to be off Clark and Prospect by the Circle K. Now I'm in Southgate. In a few weeks, I'll be Dearborn.

I should probably update my profile or something...
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

So I was in Frenchtown Mall today and I realized that they have an Ultracade Cabinet with Outzone, 1941, 1942, 1943, and a couple other games in it that I can't remember at the moment. A couple Strikers 1945 I think?

Oh and they have a Raiden Fighters cabinet. Just figured I'd share this info.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

DJ Incompetent wrote: Used to be off Clark and Prospect by the Circle K. Now I'm in Southgate. In a few weeks, I'll be Dearborn.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K…

I did not know there was a Circle K in Michigan :o
tommyb wrote: Sounds good ^_^
we should set something up soon, I could use some fellowship and game-playing =P
Indeed :D

So guys, when are we going to get back to our usual routine? The past month or so has been quite hectic and we have kind of lost rhythm of our traditional gatherings!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

tommyb wrote:So I was in Frenchtown Mall today and I realized that they have an Ultracade Cabinet with Outzone, 1941, 1942, 1943, and a couple other games in it that I can't remember at the moment. A couple Strikers 1945 I think?

Oh and they have a Raiden Fighters cabinet. Just figured I'd share this info.
Is that Time Zone?

@DJ I'm in Southgate!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

ubersaurus wrote:
Is that Time Zone?
Yes, sir
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

I'll probably be in Garden City briefly during late November. If there's a meet going on, I may be interested in attending. However, Inkster was the scariest place I've ever been in my life.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

MR_Soren wrote:I'll probably be in Garden City briefly during late November. If there's a meet going on, I may be interested in attending. However, Inkster was the scariest place I've ever been in my life.
Inkster is worse then Detroit, in my opinion.
TriggerHeartExelica

MR_Soren wrote:I'll probably be in Garden City briefly during late November. If there's a meet going on, I may be interested in attending. However, Inkster was the scariest place I've ever been in my life.
Don't worry. You get close to Inkster here but Garden City is not at all like Inktown :lol: . You won't find ppl sitting out on the porch drinking forties blaring rap music all nite long.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

TriggerHeartExelica wrote:
Don't worry. You get close to Inkster here but Garden City is not at all like Inktown :lol: . You won't find ppl sitting out on the porch drinking forties blaring rap music all nite long.
so in other words it's boring as fuck ;)
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Tonight ruled!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:Tonight ruled!
:D
Glad you were able to make it out! Was a pleasure to meet you and to play and discuss games (Tri-Ace FTW :wink: )
It was good time indeed!

As in planning for a future large scale meet up, so far lets consider 2009…

In regard to new titles present for such a meet:
DDPDOJBLX
Otomedius
Raiden IV (mrtie?)
Thunder Force VI
Ketsui (late January?)
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

You bet Sonic, just give me some notice as to when and I can bring it down, working on a customizing a Hori EX2 right now, as I cannot stand how insanely loose the stick is on mine that I just bought, I actually do better using the 360 analog stick that's how bad it is. But yeah I'd totally be down for coming back to the D for some gaming.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Sonic R wrote:(Tri-Ace FTW :wink: )
Yeahh Tri-Ace! I need to give Star Ocean: Till the End of Time another go after hearing what you said about it last night.

So, every other Saturday, right?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:a future large scale meet up
Do we have a venue for this? Ayanami is moving, right?

Regardless, my Fall of Miscellaneous Crap is over, so my schedule is pretty open in the upcoming months (not counting holiday weekends when everybody is busy anyway). So whenever stuff happens, I should be in.
TriggerHeartExelica

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:a future large scale meet up
Do we have a venue for this? Ayanami is moving, right?

Regardless, my Fall of Miscellaneous Crap is over, so my schedule is pretty open in the upcoming months (not counting holiday weekends when everybody is busy anyway). So whenever stuff happens, I should be in.
Not next Saturday but the Saturday after that we are hoping to get together for some Pizzapapalis if you are down.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

So I'm nearly finished with my EX2, rolling Sanwa JLF, and Sanwa 30mm buttons, and just for Ayanami Ibara art, JK the Ibara art is too awesome not to use.

I still need to put protective coat on top and get replacement screws and nuts, as those are too long and just temporary to get it working. It's a night and day difference to me from the Hori stick, and I'm pretty darn pleased thus far. I am thinking about switching the red ball, for a Pink or purple bubble top, as the red ends up being more distracting then I expected.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

TriggerHeartExelica wrote: Not next Saturday but the Saturday after that we are hoping to get together for some Pizzapapalis if Aare down.
For our dining arrangement, we were looking at the weekend of November 22.

We have finally sorted out the bi weekley schedule so weekends of precedence would begin with this upcoming weekend (November 8 ) and continue from there…
mrtie wrote:So I'm nearly finished with my EX2, rolling Sanwa JLF, and Sanwa 30mm buttons, and just for Ayanami Ibara art, JK the Ibara art is too awesome not to use.

I still need to put protective coat on top and get replacement screws and nuts, as those are too long and just temporary to get it working. It's a night and day difference to me from the Hori stick, and I'm pretty darn pleased thus far. I am thinking about switching the red ball, for a Pink or purple bubble top, as the red ends up being more distracting then I expected.
I would like to try this stick with Raiden Fighters (Jet) games and see how it feels. I feel that the hori stick is a bit too loose and am curious to try something tighter. Stick options are few on the 360.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Since I'm out of the loop, did anyone get Thunderforce VI?
TriggerHeartExelica

zero.otaku wrote:Since I'm out of the loop, did anyone get Thunderforce VI?
Not us. We are still waiting on $ to get the new Castlevania that Ayanami decided to torment me with the last meet.
Anything new on your end?
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Sonic R wrote: We have finally sorted out the bi weekley schedule so weekends of precedence would begin with this upcoming weekend (November 8 ) and continue from there…
Gettin' together this weekend?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

im going to have to come down for a visit once i have my passport shizzle all straight

bus ticket wouldnt be too bad......i could bring a supergun and some cave PCB's....perhaps ketsui and futari might be of interest

wouldnt be until the new year at the very earliest

might need a place to crash tho
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

jonny5 wrote:im going to have to come down for a visit once i have my passport shizzle all straight

bus ticket wouldnt be too bad......i could bring a supergun and some cave PCB's....perhaps ketsui and futari might be of interest

wouldnt be until the new year at the very earliest

might need a place to crash tho
Got three spare beds at my house.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

much appreciated sir...when the time comes i will have to try and drag some other toronto heads down with me

too bad i dont have a license or i would bring a cab too :cry:
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:
TriggerHeartExelica wrote: Not next Saturday but the Saturday after that we are hoping to get together for some Pizzapapalis if Aare down.
For our dining arrangement, we were looking at the weekend of November 22.
Good, the 22nd should work better for me, I'll probably come up. I just turned in my two weeks notice at my godawful job yesterday, and I might have to bust some ass during the weekends to wrap things up (so the 15th might have been iffy for me). Even though I hate the company, I like my co-workers and I'd hate to leave them with a ton of loose ends.
jonny5 wrote:im going to have to come down for a visit once i have my passport shizzle all straight
I haven't been to Canada in years. You need a passport to cross the border now, right? Birth certificates won't work anymore?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Davey wrote:
I haven't been to Canada in years. You need a passport to cross the border now, right? Birth certificates won't work anymore?
that is my understanding......
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Birth certificates still work til the end of the year. But passports are a lot easier.

You can also get a "pass card" which is far cheaper than a passport but only lets you get into Canada or Mexico.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

maybe going from USA to Canada, but for me as a canadian going into the states i need a passport

they no longer accept birth certificates at the border