Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Skips

Re: Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

Post by Skips »

You would think that after 14 pages of multiple people saying the same thing and no one agreeing with you that you would get the point.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:You would think that after 14 pages of multiple people saying the same thing and no one agreeing with you that you would get the point.
Thanks for making a reasonable post, that's really nice of you. In order for you to ever trust me sir, you would have to consider that maybe you've been wrong about me. The reason why this needs to happen is because you appear to currently believe I'm 100% untrustworthy. Open your heart and your mind, stop being so full of hate and anger. I've done plenty of things recently to show that you may have been wrong about me, it's up to you whether you choose to believe and trust me or not.

There are people who agree with me sir, they have better things to do rather than posting in dramatization threads like this one.

I'm not asking you to agree with me sir. I completely respect your opinions. All I ask is that you have the same respect for my views. Then we could clean up this mess, part as friends, and I can finally leave these places in peace. This is what I've wanted for a very long time.

I'm asking that you give me a chance, have a little faith in me, remove those bad posts, and see for yourself what I do with this opportunity. You'll find that I actively avoid getting people to hire me to do this sort of work. People sided with you and I completely understand that I'm not the right person for this sort of work. I completely understand that I'm not the sort of person that this community wants to hire or to get advice from.

This is the opportunity to prove myself that I need which would really help clear up all of this mess. You can watch and monitor my activities like a hawk, I don't mind as long as you don't write misleading information about me which generates spam.

Would you like me to post some pictures of work I did for myself? Would this help at all? I don't mind doing that if you promise to clean your part of this mess up by removing your pictures and posts about myself and my work. I'm under the impression that people are only interested in seeing commissions, which I don't have any of.

Let's agree to work together for once, instead of butting heads. For this to happen we need to respect each other's views no matter how much we disagree with each other. I'm really sorry for lashing out at you on these forums and for disrespecting your views.

Did you get a chance to talk with phonedork since yesterday? He said some pretty wonderful things to me. You may not like to hear them because they're contrary to your views.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Drakon wrote:
This same customer complained a lot about apolloboy, he wouldn't stop complaining how apolloboy spent six months getting a single job done. The work apolloboy and others do is a favour considering how little money they make. People shouldn't be complaining about how long it takes them to get the jobs done.
Do you have any substantiating proof to corroborate that? Or is that libel hearsay against Apolloboy?
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Voultar wrote:
Drakon wrote:
This same customer complained a lot about apolloboy, he wouldn't stop complaining how apolloboy spent six months getting a single job done. The work apolloboy and others do is a favour considering how little money they make. People shouldn't be complaining about how long it takes them to get the jobs done.
Do you have any substantiating proof to corroborate that? Or is that just more libel hearsay?
I don't think I saved any messages from that customer, sorry sir. I don't enjoy collecting messages of people privately trash talking others. My point is that not every customer is right and many of them try to cause trouble. This customer also threatened to trash my reputation if I didn't immediately send out the console which I had rushed to get done so I could get to work on more important things that I had shelved.

I do have e-mails from phonedork, but I'm trying to encourage skips to discuss that directly with phonedork since they're friends.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Drakon wrote:
Voultar wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Do you have any substantiating proof to corroborate that? Or is that just more libel hearsay?
I don't think I saved any messages from that customer, sorry sir. I don't enjoy collecting people privately trash talking others. My point is that not every customer is right and many of them try to cause trouble. I do have e-mails from phonedork, but I'm trying to encourage skips to discuss that directly with phonedork since they're friends.

It's not about "collecting trash talking evidence." It's about a dishonest person making a wildly questionable claim against someone, but then failing to ultimately have any proof.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Voultar wrote:It's not about "collecting trash talking evidence." It's about a dishonest person making a wildly questionable claim against someone, but then failing to ultimately have any proof.
Fair enough, thanks for pointing this out. I didn't see it as damaging apolloboy's reputation as the customer was acting way over the top. I've removed that comment. I never meant to damage apolloboy's reputation and I'm sorry if that potentially did.
kel

Post by kel »

Seems to me that even after all these years that you are still trying to salvage some kind of control over this situation. Never going to happen though :roll: .

Seriously just embrace it and be the infamous "HOTGLUE DRAKON, dastardly rip off merchant", in this day and age even bad publicity is good publicity.

Hell you could even run a blog showing all the pictures that you want taken down and then chronicle your journey from the dark side to the light. People just love a good story about a bad guy turning good in the end.

And if you post enough pictures of your terrible past work on the internet and maybe even some extra ones that people have never seen before then people will soon get bored and no longer post them in spite of you instead. The fact that you are still trying to control the situation makes people want to post the pictures and comment even more.
yxkalle

Post by yxkalle »

I would like to see some of your recent work, even if it's not commissions.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Bump because it's been awhile....

I was ragging on some dudes mod on the PC Engine "Obey" facebook group. Then of course Drakkon's hot glue got brought up. Thank god for those messes... so much fun has been had due to them.

Plus it gave me an excuse to pull out that Lord of the Rings hot glue pic again, always a treat.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Pasky wrote:Image
Looks like a 2 week load.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Strider77 wrote:Bump because it's been awhile....

I was ragging on some dudes mod on the PC Engine "Obey" facebook group. Then of course Drakkon's hot glue got brought up. Thank god for those messes... so much fun has been had due to them.

Plus it gave me an excuse to pull out that Lord of the Rings hot glue pic again, always a treat.

I'm glad to see my LOTR picture being put to good use. Even after all of that time.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Powerful thread. :cool:

yoyo

Post by yoyo »

Strider77 wrote:Bump because it's been awhile....

LOL, howdy. -Mikey, from that "Obey" group. :lol:
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I love revisiting this thread every once in awhile. One of my personal favorites of the hardware area.

#OneGlueGunToRuleThemAll
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Voultar wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Do you have any substantiating proof to corroborate that? Or is that libel hearsay against Apolloboy?
Holy shit how'd I miss this? I don't recall ever taking half a year to finish a job back when I was doing this stuff. Then again that was probably Drakon making shit up...
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

ApolloBoy wrote:
Voultar wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Holy shit how'd I miss this? I don't recall ever taking half a year to finish a job back when I was doing this stuff. Then again that was probably Drakon making shit up...
No that's actually what this person told me. I'm very certain that the customer was making that up about you. My point is that customers aren't always honest, in fact a number of them are very dishonest. Many people go around spreading lies about those who put themselves out there.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

This thread is multiple years old. It would be healthy to let it go instead of trying to salvage this situation. Move on, and prove to people that you've improved with good work and consistent communication.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

mikejmoffitt wrote:This thread is multiple years old. It would be healthy to let it go instead of trying to salvage this situation. Move on, and prove to people that you've improved with good work and consistent communication.
I'm not trying to get back into this stuff. I'm trying to stop other people from being mislabeled. Just because a few bad examples of my old work were shown people believe any lie that's been said about me.
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Drakon wrote:I'm not trying to get back into this stuff. I'm trying to stop other people from being mislabeled.
Then why on earth did you bring up that customer saying shit about me right after I posted about you? Just quit it already dude
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

ApolloBoy wrote:
Drakon wrote:I'm not trying to get back into this stuff. I'm trying to stop other people from being mislabeled.
Then why on earth did you bring up that customer saying shit about me right after I posted about you? Just quit it already dude
I can't find the post you're mentioning. I'm guessing it was to bring to light the fact that a lot of people lie about people who do/did this sort of work, and also that some customers genuinely don't have good intentions. People should get both sides of a story before coming to judgement instead of automatically believing what a customer says. This customer was lying about you too.
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Drakon wrote:I can't find the post you're mentioning.
That's because you edited it. Heck you even admitted to editing it here!

Let it go already. I'm not going to discuss this any more and I would appreciate it if you don't mention me by name in that kind of context ever again. Period.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

ApolloBoy wrote:

Let it go already.
Oh right because it makes you look bad and I didn't want to do that. I would let it go except even today if I post any youtube video (for example a gameplay video) I get harassment comments about hardware work.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

This thread exhausted its entertainment value years ago.

Nobody cares anymore. It's best to move on in life to more constructive things.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Voultar wrote:This thread exhausted its entertainment value years ago.

Nobody cares anymore. It's best to move on in life to more constructive things.
I agree, that's why I want this stupidity deleted so people will stop harassing me.
gojira54

Post by gojira54 »

just post some pics of your work that isn't shit, no need to stress over water under the bridge
onwards forwards ;)
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

gojira54 wrote:just post some pics of your work that isn't shit, no need to stress over water under the bridge
onwards forwards ;)
I did earlier in this thread, nothing changed. I also posted pictures of nice looking work back in 2013, which was when I was planning on seriously revising my work. When peoples memory is selective, it doesn't matter how many times I post something good.

I'm not looking to get back into this, I'd just like to be able to post videos of gameplay footage and other non-hardware related work without being harassed about hardware stuff.
ApolloBoy wrote:

Let it go already. I'm not going to discuss this any more and I would appreciate it if you don't mention me by name in that kind of context ever again. Period.
So it's okay for you to post around saying bad things about me but not vice-versa? Even though, the only interactions you ever had with me is I let you profit from my work for free? If you don't like it, then please, don't dish it out.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

If you want this to go away, stop compulsively replying to it whenever it comes up again. You're like a freaking moth to a flame, when some idiot bumps it for no good reason, instead of just letting it die off in a few days, you come back and post and post and post, keeping it alive. At this point, you're the one responsible for this continuing.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Guspaz wrote:If you want this to go away, stop compulsively replying to it whenever it comes up again. You're like a freaking moth to a flame, when some idiot bumps it for no good reason, instead of just letting it die off in a few days, you come back and post and post and post, keeping it alive. At this point, you're the one responsible for this continuing.
I let it die many times, but the harassment on youtube continues even to this day. So until either this waste of space gets removed or people stop harassing me, I shall continue posting the stupidity I deal with as a direct result of these threads. If you don't like it, then get it removed.
gojira54

Post by gojira54 »

The only pics I've ever seen of your stuff is shit, pls prove otherwise