Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
emphatic

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by emphatic »

Someone wanna help out translating the Ketsui move sticker? I have a draft for an English translation, but I would prefer a proper translation instead of my guess work:

The Japanese original is available here:
http://www.world-of-arcades.net/APPA/KK ... ticker.jpg
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

Fine. Screw you guys. You convinced me, you finally convinced me. I broke down and bought the limited edition. It was only $130 at an animu convention, and came with two excellent remix OST's, so I figured, why not, I have cash to burn. Now, I'm thinking of getting a Japanese 360 (since most of the games I want to play on it are shmups anyway), but I have two questions:

1. Are out-of-region 360's still under warranty? How would I replace a RROD'd Japanese 360 if I live in America, for example?

2. If the answer to the first questions is "no": What would you recommend? I've been reading up on the "x-clamp fix" (like this one: http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/prod ... Y-Kit.html) and I'm wondering if anyone would recommend that/ confirm how reliable of a RROD fix it is.

I'd like to finally join this MASTUR RAEC of people who have played Ketsui in all its glory.

Also, yes, the thought of Jtagging an American 360 has crossed my mind, until I looked into it and saw how complicated it was. I'd rather just pay the extra $100 for a Japanese console...
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

1. Are out-of-region 360's still under warranty? How would I replace a RROD'd Japanese 360 if I live in America, for example?
yes, i've had my US machine back to the Japanese base twice and it comes back refurbished with new MB etc and it was still a good old US machine)

a few people i know got the same service in the US too.

Not heard of anything changing , but probably worth just double checking.
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

You can still warranty a Japanese system in the US. Might want to specify to them that you want that specific console back though, so they don't just replace it with a refurb and call it a day.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Zweihander wrote:1. Are out-of-region 360's still under warranty? How would I replace a RROD'd Japanese 360 if I live in America, for example?
Yes, it's still under warranty. If you get the RRoD, DO NOT CALL THE SUPPORT HOTLINE. What you should do instead is fill out a repair request form on the official Xbox support site(1). When filling out the form, I strongly recommend that you state in the comments section that it's a Japanese console, and that you want either the same console back or one of the same region. It might also be a good idea to tape notes also stating that to the top and bottom of the console before you send it to them for repair. This is what I did when my JP 360 got the RRoD, and they sent me back my original console fully repaired.

(1) http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/n ... tep=repair
:lol:
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

Cuilan wrote:
Zweihander wrote:1. Are out-of-region 360's still under warranty? How would I replace a RROD'd Japanese 360 if I live in America, for example?
Yes, it's still under warranty. If you get the RRoD, DO NOT CALL THE SUPPORT HOTLINE. What you should do instead is fill out a repair request form on the official Xbox support site(1). When filling out the form, I strongly recommend that you state in the comments section that it's a Japanese console, and that you want either the same console back or one of the same region. It might also be a good idea to tape notes also stating that to the top and bottom of the console before you send it to them for repair. This is what I did when my JP 360 got the RRoD, and they sent me back my original console fully repaired.

(1) http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/n ... tep=repair
Bookmarking.

Yeah, thanks, I was afraid they either wouldn't replace/repair it, or they'd send me an American refurb'd. I was also afraid that I'd have to send the console back to Japan without a pre-paid shipping label.

Thanks to those that answered my questions. Going to invest in a Japanese 360 sometime this Summer, and it's nice to know my ass is still covered. Guess I won't need to fix the x-clamp after all, I was planning on it under the assumption that out-of-region consoles aren't covered.
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

Maybe an idea seeing what E3 brings too - lots of rumours of yet another refactored X360. A smaller, even more reliable and less noisy machine may be on the cards :D
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Zweihander wrote:It was only $130 at an animu convention,
Considering it's now selling in the 5000 yen mark on Amazon.jp, or $50-60 USD for the Limited Edition, I'm sorry to hear that.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

Elixir wrote:
Considering it's now selling in the 5000 yen mark on Amazon.jp, or $50-60 USD for the Limited Edition, I'm sorry to hear that.
Yeah, I don't live in Japan, nor can I navigate moonrunes. $120+shipping is also the going price on Play-Asia, so for someone OUTSIDE of the moon-speaking circle, I don't think I got fucked too hard.
dcharlie wrote:Maybe an idea seeing what E3 brings too - lots of rumours of yet another refactored X360. A smaller, even more reliable and less noisy machine may be on the cards :D
Seriously? I'll keep an eye on that. The further I can get from anything potentially RROD-tastic, the better.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Zweihander wrote:
dcharlie wrote:Maybe an idea seeing what E3 brings too - lots of rumours of yet another refactored X360. A smaller, even more reliable and less noisy machine may be on the cards :D
Seriously? I'll keep an eye on that. The further I can get from anything potentially RROD-tastic, the better.
It a strong rumour, and a relatively clever thing to do - loosely tying a new release with natal news... however at the same time I'm pretty sure they will want to prevent any confusion or dilution of the natal announcement. [Eg. prevent the idea that you need the new machine to use natal...]

If I was you, I'd just get a jasper now, but if ou're looking at a summer purchase anyway, sure maybe wait for e3...

I believe there was a specific news item from ati concerning that specific graphics chip manufacturing process. Personally I've heard they're also keen to try and take measures to stay ahead of the hackers; whilst firmware updates go so far, removing easily/known hardware profiles from store shelves is a great way to prevent such things from snowballing out of control... upshot; even if the console revision is ready, would they release before, after, or at the same time as Natal...? ...

If I was them, my favourite would be to go before with a Halo Reach/new console tie-in... but who knows...

/just realised how horribly off topic this is... apologies...
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

Zweihander wrote:
Elixir wrote:
Yeah, I don't live in Japan, nor can I navigate moonrunes. $120+shipping is also the going price on Play-Asia, so for someone OUTSIDE of the moon-speaking circle, I don't think I got fucked too hard.
Wish I had seen the amazon.jp price on the limited edition. On a brighter note, I ordered the LE the other day from AmiAmi for a total of $83.XX which included shipping, although unregisterd SAL so hope it gets here... Also just ordered the arcade ntsc-j 360 and deathsmile IIX regular edition from hmv (18800 yen for the new hdmi arcade 360) and around 6900 yen for smiles II (EDIT: from HMV), hope shipping ain't too much for the EMS, but has to be cheaper than ncsx or playasia. I'm sick of paying so much to these guys.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Zweihander wrote:
Elixir wrote:
Play-Asia's the most expensive import site I know of. They used to be good, though. You bought a Japanese game from an anime convention in the states, there's no way you'd get a good deal on games there.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

That's about what I paid for my LE from NCSX shipped on day one. Plus, never underestimate the power of actually holding the damn thing in your hands. I've bought absurd stuff at conventions that I wouldn't have online just because it's hard to put it back and go home to find a better deal when it's all shiny and awesome and right there... *eyes overpriced Transformers collection*
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english& ... splay.html

Amiami have 2 Limited Editions in stock, 6,820yen.

Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

Elixir wrote:You bought a Japanese game from an anime convention in the states, there's no way you'd get a good deal on games there.
Also got Samidare for $15. Hands-down my favorite PC shmup for years now and it was nice to finally find a legit copy of it.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

I spent most the weekend working on Ketsui, and I'm getting pretty consistent in getting rather deep into Stage 5, yet the clear alludes me still. 5 is like a whole game unto itself in terms of the dedication it takes.

On DOJ, I used to be super hardcore about never letting myself continue. I didn't see stage 5 in that game until I could get there on a credit. I was also focused mainly on score, so I became a master of Stage 1 and 2, and I'd often restart if I blew my chain early on. This made progress incredibly slow.

These days, I'm the complete opposite. My rule is that I have to play through the entire game a few times a day, and only restart when I've really blown it. I use continues, but my rule is NO BOMBS after doing so. This forces me to really learn the later parts of the game so I don't have a magic game where I break through into a late stage only to get wiped out because I don't know what's coming.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
TaygetaVendetta

Post by TaygetaVendetta »

Zweihander wrote:Fine. Screw you guys. You convinced me, you finally convinced me. I broke down and bought the limited edition. It was only $130 at an animu convention, and came with two excellent remix OST's, so I figured, why not, I have cash to burn.
Do you remember the name of the vendor that sold it to you? I'd never thought to check an animu con for J360 games.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

8 1/2 wrote: These days, I'm the complete opposite. My rule is that I have to play through the entire game a few times a day, and only restart when I've really blown it. I use continues, but my rule is NO BOMBS after doing so. This forces me to really learn the later parts of the game so I don't have a magic game where I break through into a late stage only to get wiped out because I don't know what's coming.
keep no bomb credit feeding to improve your pattern and you will be able to do it once a good run ties together.If you can get to the 5th level with only one miss you should be able to do it easy once the extra life is grabbed from the helicopter even if you enter with no bombs..it's not too hard to no bomb no miss the first half of the level.then bomb the buggery out of the 2nd half and the last bosses 2nd half of the energy bar is fairly easy. I beat him the first time i got to him thanks to credit feeding :wink:
chempop

Post by chempop »

I feel as though Ketsui's first loop stage-5 boss is one of the easier Cave final bosses. Even though I need a few credits to get to him, I usually only need a couple lives to beat him, where as most stage-5 bosses seem impossible for me the first month or so. Stage 5 is tuff though, really great music too!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

chempop wrote:I feel as though Ketsui's first loop stage-5 boss is one of the easier Cave final bosses.
Yes, it's much easier than the final boss in Mushihimesama Futari (Maniac) or Espgaluda II. Daifukkatsu's 1-5 boss is easier, though.
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

TaygetaVendetta wrote:
Zweihander wrote:Fine. Screw you guys. You convinced me, you finally convinced me. I broke down and bought the limited edition. It was only $130 at an animu convention, and came with two excellent remix OST's, so I figured, why not, I have cash to burn.
Do you remember the name of the vendor that sold it to you? I'd never thought to check an animu con for J360 games.
VideoGamesNewYork.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Amazing game. I just can't stop playing it. I may be flamed but the more I play the more engaging is. I am having more fun with it that with the DOJ.
kog3100_edw

Post by kog3100_edw »

I am finding the bosses in Ketsui to be easier than the levels. I do not have the benefit of having played Ketsui DS.

In most Cave shooters I usually find my first real bugger-challenge in each games' level three. There is usually some massive crowd scene, perhaps coupled with the traditional level three 'battleship', that I have a hard time getting past. Then level four will be somewhat easier after that, with level five being an overall bastard.

Usually bosses after level one are spike points more difficult to clear than the preceding level.

In Ketsui, while the levels pattern more less as I've described (for me), the bosses are NOT more difficult than their respective levels and I would probably put them as relatively easy for Cave bosses, DOOM excepted.

He's still prison-sex rough.
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

I still have trouble dodging horizontally at level 2 boss =P But he's a 1 or 2 bomb kill
dingsbums

Post by dingsbums »

Finally got my copy yesterday - and what happened :?:
During shipping the CD slipped out of the holder and that's why the CD was scratched to death :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: It was so bad that the game refused to start :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
One of the days you better stayed in bed :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Only word I have right now: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
https://twitter.com/Madstalker80
Skykid wrote: Get ready for the big bad world to fuck you up the ass in ways you never believed possible.
bcass

Post by bcass »

That's one of the reasons why I get my 360 imports from VGI. If you ask them, they'll open the box and place a layer of bubble-wrap over the disc(s) so they don't come loose during transit. Not many places will do this for you.
dingsbums

Post by dingsbums »

Play-Asia definitely didn't do that :P :? :P
https://twitter.com/Madstalker80
Skykid wrote: Get ready for the big bad world to fuck you up the ass in ways you never believed possible.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

You can probably still restore the disc. With proper equipment it should be a piece of cake. But man, the package mus'tve suffered some serious throwing or shaking.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

bcass

Post by bcass »

Some game shops here in the UK have disc cleaning machines that basically polish off a layer or two of the plastic on the disc. Works pretty well.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Personally, I'd contact Play-Asia and see what they would do to replace it before attempting a disc repair. If they'll replace it, that's definitely a better long-term solution.