I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sumez

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Sumez »

So, basically around 25% of a decent player's score?
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Yes, that seems to be pretty accurate. While on the topic of Tatsujin, I recently discovered that you're either guaranteed or have a really high chance of getting two extends out of each of the first two coloured crates in the PCE Tatsujin, but only in the first loop. :o If you play well enough you can start the third loop with over three dozen lives, it's quite comfortable (not that it would make said loop much easier in any case...).
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

FINALLY cleared Gokujou Parodius including the Special Stage. This one has been eluding me for some good time, so glad to have this in the back. Also got a Gallop 2-ALL prior to this which is neat since I believe there is not a single 2-ALL video (outside of that useless World of Longplay run) out there.

Now I'm ready for the Parodius Da! 2-ALL, Shepardus. :mrgreen:
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

I finally managed to 1cc Dangun Feveron! I would have liked to have scored around 4 or 5 million, but i'll take 2.9 for the clear. Man, what a game.

I even managed to actually record something for once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPIg6e-mUiM
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Square_Air wrote:I finally managed to 1cc Dangun Feveron! I would have liked to have scored around 4 or 5 million, but i'll take 2.9 for the clear. Man, what a game.

I even managed to actually record something for once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPIg6e-mUiM
Congrats!
Thats cool, DF is still too fast for me.

Great recording too.
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

Finally cleared MFBL God Mode today. Very happy to put this one behind me.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

monouchi wrote:Congrats!
Thats cool, DF is still too fast for me.

Great recording too.
Thank you! Dangun certainly takes a bit of practice to get used to scoring on speed 4 (and even more so with Uotarou), it's quite easy to overcompensate and run straight into bullets. Eventually you hit a point where you adjust to the speed. I felt that having a few Psikyo clears helped me with the speed of Dangun.
kidpanda wrote:Finally cleared MFBL God Mode today. Very happy to put this one behind me.
Nice, not an easy clear by any means.
Last edited by Square_Air on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Despite some sloppy play here and there, I managed my first 2-all in Last Resort just a few moments ago.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

I did 1cc at Mushihimesama Futari on iOS... WITHOUT ANY LIVES AND BOMBS LOST!!!
Goompaolo9500(Eclale)Palm,Hirow-Abnormal-132,631,912-Original-ALL-Normal-No Miss Lx6 No Bomb Bx6 PERFECT
Last edited by Goompaolo9500 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

WINDS OF THUNDER

I enjoyed very much! Although, doesnt seemed to have a highscore board... weird.
It seems to be indeed more survival focused
SCOOP

Post by SCOOP »

1cc of Koutetsu Yousai Strahl (japan set 1) - NMK/UPL 1992 classic Arcade shmup played at its most brutal settings and without using autofire. As expected no video on internet to help me on this survival run so I had to route a game myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVxp4AEeW4
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

wgogh wrote:WINDS OF THUNDER

I enjoyed very much! Although, doesnt seemed to have a highscore board... weird.
Of course it does, as Lords of Thunder.
:)
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Kollision wrote:
wgogh wrote:WINDS OF THUNDER

Of course it does, as Lords of Thunder.
:)

Thank you, Kollision!
But, I meant in the game itself. So, everybody just seems to take a screenshot of the end of the game to show the score? I may do the same myself next time (hopefully, doing better).

I have a funny strategy in this game: doing the stages on reverse order, that way I know early on if the run will be any good instead of having the risk to lose everything in later stages. Also, I can reach last stage with good money, since I dont need to spend on the previous.
mrmccormo

Post by mrmccormo »

Got my first 1CC yesterday: Ghost Blade HD (PSN). The game has some flaws but it was an enjoyable, moderate challenge for someone like me who is new to 1CC'ing these games. My side-goal was to post a good score on the leaderboards and I managed to snag the #19 spot.

Will try another easy-ish 1CC next like Thunderforce III or an easy route in Darius Gaiden (open to other suggestions, of course).
GGA_HAN

Post by GGA_HAN »

Congrats on the 2-all! Feel free to drop your score in the Last Resort hi-score thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=59541
Kiken wrote:Despite some sloppy play here and there, I managed my first 2-all in Last Resort just a few moments ago.
horaceappleton

Post by horaceappleton »

EDIT: wrong topic asdf
Last edited by horaceappleton on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

horaceappleton wrote:i'm learning some Battle Garegga scoring with Silver Sword, working off of an F score by Kamui. this game is really fun to come back to. are there any other English-speaking silver sword players?
Eaglet!, also I have a B clear with it, wanna get a D eventually but I have no hurry.
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

I am still pretty new to shmups (I played a few a while back, then took a break from them to play other genres), and I don't have a ton of time to play them, but I am very slowly building my 1cc list. I tried to approximately use the same difficulty scale that the japanese wiki does (though my ratings might be a little inflated lol).

Gradius- 10
Touhou EOSD Normal- 10? (been too long, but maybe somewhere around here)
Deathsmiles- 9? (been a while since I played it)
Touhou PCB Normal- 8? (ditto)
Touhou IN Normal- 8? ("")
Axelay Normal- 7
Batsugun Special 1ALL- 6
Gate of Thunder Normal- 5
Super Aleste Normal- 4
Thunder Force III Normal- 4
Lords of Thunder Normal- 3

In case you couldn't tell, I have been intentionally playing easier games so I can slowly build up my skill. Besides, I probably wouldn't enjoy these easy games as well if I ever got good lol. So far Batsugun Special, Deathsmiles, PCB, and Lords of Thunder are my favorites.
wizkid

Post by wizkid »

WarpedByTheNHK wrote:I probably wouldn't enjoy these easy games as well if I ever got good lol.
i wouldn't worry about that, most of those games have harder difficulties or can be looped.
also, there is a thread for 1cc lists in hiscore section.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1944
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

haven't 1all'd or cleared anything in ages! got to stage 12 in fire shark this morning. Really enjoyed this game, very fun. :)

"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

wizkid wrote:
WarpedByTheNHK wrote:I probably wouldn't enjoy these easy games as well if I ever got good lol.
i wouldn't worry about that, most of those games have harder difficulties or can be looped.
also, there is a thread for 1cc lists in hiscore section.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1944
Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. This one is more for discussing major individual recent accomplishments then?
Marc

Post by Marc »

First loop of Thunder Cross and Last Resort.

You've got to start somewhere right?
To be fair, I could probably have looped Thunder Cross again, but I'd been drinking individual stages beforehand and I'd had enough by the time it rolled over. Didn't seem any more bullets on the first two levels though.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
wizkid

Post by wizkid »

1-all'ed Hishou Zame, took 16 hours which is about as much as expected, maybe i'll do second loop someday.
I have to admit i was wrong about this game being unfair, gotta try other Toaplan classics as well, though I'm back to CCWI for now, btw becouse this game made me appreciate slow ships, i switched to type I from type Z.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

wizkid wrote:1-all'ed Hishou Zame
Nice. I noticed you also have a clear of Nemesis for gameboy, and man, that really takes me back. First shmup I ever owned until I lent it to someone and they never gave it back before they moved... I don't think i've seen that game in 15 years.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
christmascameearly

Post by christmascameearly »

I'd never seriously played shmups before, but I'd always enjoyed them casually. During the steam sale I picked up a bunch, and 1CC'd Crimzon Clover's novice mode and moved onto Mushimesama. I 1CC'd the novice mode there in a couple days.

Today I finally 1CC'd Mushihimesama 1.5 on Original, and it was so good. I've spent the last 3 weeks banging at it, and it all came together today. I was always stingy with my bombs, and realized that if I used them in the right places I'd pull through the 3rd level where I was having the most trouble.

Of course, it decided to not let me actually register my score and save it for some reason, but I bloody did it. So yay me!
wizkid

Post by wizkid »

i haven't play mushi, but i'd imagine it's still not easy for someone new, so nice effort. do you plan to 1cc CCWI arcade original? i still haven't cleared it, there is huuuuge gap in difficulty between arcade and novice.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Been a while since I've posted anything. Just got a Prismatic Solid 1-ALL. I was a little skeptical about the bullet soaking mechanics and stuff, but it was actually quite fun, and has some unique boss and stage hazard designs. Also the second loop has some pretty significant changes, which is cool. Much harder, though. Only took me like 3-4 days of probably mostly under an hour of play, so not exactly a difficult game, lol.
Spoiler
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Hey there LH, been a while. Hope things are good on your end.

PS is a fun hidden gem. Only flaw imo is that you basically use one or two of the weapons.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Stevens wrote:Hey there LH, been a while. Hope things are good on your end.

PS is a fun hidden gem. Only flaw imo is that you basically use one or two of the weapons.
I think I used about 4-5 of them by the end of the first loop, so it's not too bad, but yeah, it's like 70% shower 20% that helixish looking one, and 10% the others combined (mostly snow). lol. Still a fun little lark. Would recommend, for sure.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

1CC'd Judgement Silversword on Normal mode with an extra life to spare. Very, very fun!

Now to try and clear the Special Mode to unlock the extra ship. How hard is Special Mode generally considered to be? I can only find one video of a clear of it online by SFKhoa, and the scoreboard seems to be sparse for Special mode.

As far as I can tell it's a bit harder because of how it uses Hard Mode versions for a number of attacks. The big hurdles are Transcendence, Mitsurugi Rebirth's second phase, and the upgraded version of Divine Expression (which has considerably more health and several significant attack tweaks. Magnificence, the Mirror Shields and Divine Flow don't appear to have been made any harder aside from one minor tweak to Divine Flow's second phase (the blue lasers instead of blue bullets). Looking forward to tackling that new TLB!