M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by EmperorIng »

Steven wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 am
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 am Well, for one, there is ten years of time between DOJ and SDOJ, you know.
That's right. I was under the impression that it was always like this since I've essentially never played this game before.
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 amSecondly, don't you think there might be some disadvantages to picking the ship that has fewer bombs allotted to it?
Seeing that it's a CAVE game and therefore bombs are bad, no.
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 amYou do know you can bomb and still reach the second loop of DOJ, right?
I didn't until you told me.
Good luck on the 2ALL!
Steven

Post by Steven »

EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:06 am
Steven wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 am
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 am Well, for one, there is ten years of time between DOJ and SDOJ, you know.
That's right. I was under the impression that it was always like this since I've essentially never played this game before.
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 amSecondly, don't you think there might be some disadvantages to picking the ship that has fewer bombs allotted to it?
Seeing that it's a CAVE game and therefore bombs are bad, no.
EmperorIng wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 amYou do know you can bomb and still reach the second loop of DOJ, right?
I didn't until you told me.
Good luck on the 2ALL!
I will never 2-ALL this game.
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

Steven wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 am Death Label is the best one.
I couldn't find that in the list of options on this port. Is it not here?
Steven

Post by Steven »

RobHimself wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 am
Steven wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 am Death Label is the best one.
I couldn't find that in the list of options on this port. Is it not here?
PS2 only.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Noticed the credits have a translation credit. Maybe it's just a copying error - it's the same translation credit from Ketsui. But I like to hope it's a sign they've got a localization in mind. There's definitely no English in the game for now though.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Ms. Tea wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:01 pm Noticed the credits have a translation credit. Maybe it's just a copying error - it's the same translation credit from Ketsui. But I like to hope it's a sign they've got a localization in mind. There's definitely no English in the game for now though.
Actually, if you play it on a Western PlayStation console, all the trophies are fully translated to English and many elements of the gadgets are also translated, so they probably actually have plans for localization, though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll ever happen, since ShotTriggers have always been hit or miss with Western releases.

A close friend of mine was an M2 employee in the mid-2010s and was the translator on the ShotTriggers releases of Batttle Garegga, Dangun Feveron, and Mahou Daisakusen (which also only ever got the trophies translated and not the full game) and she told me they definitely wanted to bring as many of them as they can to the West, but weren't always able to make it happen because of rights/licensing or resources, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Last edited by MachineAres 1CC on Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

It's been English trophies for all Shot Triggers inc the Toaplan games. Also the launcher description for Zerofire still remains fucked up.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

AGermanArtist wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:00 pm It's been English trophies for all Shot Triggers inc the Toaplan games. Also the launcher description for Zerofire still remains fucked up.
That is correct, but the trophies and gadget stuff being translated is still technically translation work that someone actually needs to do, since all the original plans and elements of the game and trophies were made natively in Japanese
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Am I mistaken or does Arrange L start on loop 2? Is it loop 2, but with Super Easy preset?
DestroyTheCore

Post by DestroyTheCore »

I also received my LE copy from Amazon Japan. The remastered stereo soundtrack might not sound as crystal clear as Ketsui's, but I can't wait to totally suck at DOJ again.
Last edited by DestroyTheCore on Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

kuze wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:12 pm
hamfighterx wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:28 am There was a a new announcement that the DOJ ship models previously produced by RC Berg several years back are getting another production run (see about 1:54:30 in the stream)
Anyone know if preorders are up for these and have a link?
I assume they're also available at other retailers of Japanese models/figures, but I saw the new DOJ ones up for order here: https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-dodonpa ... r-rcb96512

Type B ship: https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-dodonpa ... r-rcb96513
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

Spoiler
Got a 1-ALL of White Label. Would like to No Miss this, I don't think it will take me too long.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Really stupid question and I only ran the switch version up quickly this morning before going to work but how do you get into the display options to change it to tate. I clicked on some stuff shown in Japanese but didn't see anything that would allow you to change the screen.
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

Enemy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:08 pm Really stupid question and I only ran the switch version up quickly this morning before going to work but how do you get into the display options to change it to tate. I clicked on some stuff shown in Japanese but didn't see anything that would allow you to change the screen.
In the options menu, you can cycle through various settings with the shoulder buttons. You'll find screen settings, one of which will be a number in degrees. It will initially be set to zero degrees, but you can toggle this to your preferred tate direction. I'm playing on PS5, but should be the same for Switch.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Life saver ... thanks, really appreciated
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Unlike Esprade, this time every mode supports tate just fine. No need to switch to yoko to play the challenge mode, which I really appreciate. Looks beautiful on the flip grip.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Does this release count for game of the year 2023? :roll: :lol:
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Did I make a huge stupid error with shipping to the US? Amazon Japan says it shipped via ECMS Express, which has very little data and has taken an eternity to move to "Your package has left the carrier facility."
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

SavagePencil wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 pm Did I make a huge stupid error with shipping to the US? Amazon Japan says it shipped via ECMS Express, which has very little data and has taken an eternity to move to "Your package has left the carrier facility."
No? Why are you assuming you made an error? ECMS Global appears to be a legitimate express courier company. https://www.ecmsglobal.com/ It's Christmastime so shipping volumes are very high, and depending on what transit method they chose you might have to wait a while (if it's on a boat on a shipping container it'll take a lot longer than if they used an airplane delivery). You might have to be patient but I wouldn't see why you wouldn't get it. :)
ryu

Post by ryu »

SavagePencil wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 pm Did I make a huge stupid error with shipping to the US? Amazon Japan says it shipped via ECMS Express, which has very little data and has taken an eternity to move to "Your package has left the carrier facility."
How long is an eternity? Don't forget it's christmas time and carriers are dealing with delays because of high parcel traffic during these times.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

ryu wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:47 pm
How long is an eternity? Don't forget it's christmas time and carriers are dealing with delays because of high parcel traffic during these times.
I was being a bit facetious here, but more than anything I wanted to understand if I missed a shipping option that I should have taken. I was surprised at how quickly a lot of folks here got them.

I got the notification that it left the carrier facility on Saturday. Shipping was ¥2,273 so I expect this was the case of me trying to be frugal, if I paid attention at all. It gets here when it gets here :)
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

SavagePencil wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:17 pm
ryu wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:47 pm
I was being a bit facetious here, but more than anything I wanted to understand if I missed a shipping option that I should have taken. I was surprised at how quickly a lot of folks here got them.

I got the notification that it left the carrier facility on Saturday. Shipping was ¥2,273 so I expect this was the case of me trying to be frugal, if I paid attention at all. It gets here when it gets here :)
The difference in price between their standard and priority shipping is like, a few bucks. Always get the priority, you'll have whatever you order from them in like 3-4 business days. I've been doing this for years.
beer gas canister

Post by beer gas canister »

ryu wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm Does this release count for game of the year 2023? :roll: :lol:
Def does, what an amazing cap to a packed year
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Don't feel bad, I paid for the expedited shipping, and DHL still hasn't delivered it even though it's been at their facility here since Friday morning. I got a delivery attempt could not be made message at like 9 pm tonight.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I mean, I love it, but this thing is goofy. It's about two DVDs in width, but tall AF.

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Steven

Post by Steven »

It's really weird. When mine showed up I was quite surprised by how strange it looks.
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

maybe they just wanted to put their new art on something large. If there is too much white fillter cardboard inside there could be some truth to that :)
Steven

Post by Steven »

I think it's mostly because they put a reprint of the arcade instruction card thingy in there. That's fairly large, but it and everything else inside is thin, so they ended up with a tall and thin box.

It's still not as wide or tall as that ridiculous Hishouzame PCB, though... that thing is massive.
BloodHawk

Post by BloodHawk »

Just got my standard Switch copy from CDJapan via DHL last night, looking forward to trying it after work today. I have always been impressed with how good my imports from Japan have been packaged. I wish more US companies would at least put in close to that same effort.
DestroyTheCore

Post by DestroyTheCore »

Am I the only one unable to watch replays from the online leaderboard?