Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Skips

Re: Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

Post by Skips »

You really have not listened to anything in this thread. I apologize, I see now you don't have a mental disability. You are just batshit crazy.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:You really have not listened to anything in this thread. I apologize, I see now you don't have a mental disability. You are just batshit crazy.
I didn't see any apology for your opinions about me only wanting to screw people and not caring about improving. I'm really sorry that I missed that. I have a serious trust issue with you and a number of people here because of everything that's happened. I have as much of a difficult time trusting you as you have trusting me. I'm really sorry for treating you and everyone else this way.

If you would have just talked to me in a more civilized and less judgemental way then this certainly would have been worked out years ago.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Delusional to the end.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:Delusional to the end.
Please explain. I apologized for not trusting you and others and acting badly as a result.

Oh I see I misread your sentence structure it's a fake apology. Sorry I thought you were posting with good intent.

As a result of what customers said I cleaned up my work and became much more tranparent with people when they'd be looking to hire me. I'd let them know of my procedures and make sure that they were okay with all of it before going ahead. I think I have listened a lot.

Even if we disagree on some things, I don't think what we want is really very different.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:
Skips wrote:Delusional to the end.
Please explain. I apologized for not trusting you and others and acting badly as a result.
I am not repeating this whole thread again. If you don't understand by now you never will. You are so dishonest that you seem to actually believe the bullshit you have been spewing in this thread, even when solid evidence has been given refuting it. It is clear you live off in your own little world, your posts have shown that. The only one keeping this going at this point is you. You really should just take Apolloboy's advice and stop.

**EDIT**

Mario 64 looks pretty decent on the XRGB MINI.

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't give phonedork enough of a refund because I didn't know how much would be fair for my mistake. Once phonedork let me know that what he received wasn't enough I found a way to repay him and last we communicated we're on perfectly good terms.

Thinking that I had no interest in being fair with phonedork lead to a breakdown in communication between phonedork and myself. It also seems to have lead to a breakdown in communication between this community and myself.

We disagree on opinions and how to handle situations. That doesn't mean that one of us is absolutely wrong and the other is absolutely right.

Just because we disagree on many things I don't claim that skips is mentally challenged and/or delusional. I've always respected or done my best to respect all opinions no matter how much I disagree with them.

Thinking there's no way you could be wrong is unfortunately what being delusional is, but I'm not going to claim that skips is delusional. I believe that skips is better than that as I believe that nobody is beyond reason.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Uh huh...... If I ever want to fall off the map after being outed by an online community then come back to lie about past events I will remember to claim it as "differences of opinion" instead of owning up to past bullshit.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:Uh huh...... If I ever want to fall off the map after being outed by an online community then come back to lie about past events I will remember to claim it as "differences of opinion" instead of owning up to past bullshit.
I owned up to everything that actually was my mistake sir. The difference of opinion is in modding techniques (tinfoil on rare chips) and what's fair compensation (how much I owed phonedork). I'm not trying to claim my past mistakes as a difference of opinion. If you, and others, take the evil intent filter off when you read my posts then you'll better understand what I'm trying to get you to better understand.

I stopped accusing everything you say as being a lie, why do you refuse to do the same with me sir?

Taking commission requests before I was properly prepared was a mistake and I'm sorry for doing that. I was flooded with requests to do it and I was under the impression that people would be more patient and understanding. I'm really sorry for making the mistake of doing that.

I know that the ways I do things still aren't good enough, because I don't have the equivalent tools of an entire Chinese factory at my disposal. I have no interest in taking future commissions unless a person is 100% aware of what the current state of my work is like. Not out-dated media, a current representation.

I let my fear of you and other people not being trustworthy make me lash out at you and others (leonk, jason, apolloboy) and that stopped progress between myself and everyone. I'm really sorry for doing that and I see that was a stupid mistake. Because people lashed out at me first, it's no excuse for me to lash out at them.

If you ask phonedork, when I sent him compensation I was careful to send him pictures from all angles and detailed information so he knew what he was getting into. Phonedork so far has been the only person to seemingly genuinely believe that he may have been wrong about me. I really appreciate how phonedork treated me once we actually started really talking again. If you refuse to believe me, then I hope you'll believe your friend phonedork about me.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Because what you say IS a lie. Just because you talked yourself into believing your own load of shit does not make it fact.

I talked to phonedork a few weeks ago when you mentioned it the first time. He did say you FINALLY offered compensation in the form of a starfox cartridge however this bull crap of constantly trying to get in contact with him was a complete lie on your part. You did not do shit until people started calling you out here again in late 2015. I can guarantee he does not feel any differently about you than he did in 2013. I will say though, that like most of your "telling" of the story, this is also bullshit. You deleted all his private messages on your private forums before they could bite you in the ass back before you were outed and then you waited to do anything until you were thrashed by the modding community for two whole years. Its great you are finally sending him some sort of compensation but don't bullshit everyone on how it went down.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I sent phonedork a pm as soon as I finally came across his post. He didn't reply and I didn't have any other way to contact him. I was always open to communicating with phonedork. I definitely felt like phonedork had no interest in talking with me and working things out. I definitely felt discouraged to talk with phonedork because of how he was completely dishonest with me about how he had felt. I was really shocked at how great of a guy phonedork is when we were given a chance to work things out without interference from skips.

It felt to me that phonedork was choosing to believe everything you were telling him and he was ignoring everything I would say. I completely understand phonedork feeling that way and I never felt like phonedork ever overreacted with me. I understand how volatile phonedork must have been at that time and how easy it was to persuade phonedork to believe anything about me because of the bad quality of my work.

I wasn't the person to initiate the breakdown of communications, that started with skips. I felt after skips ignored my request to talk about his issues with me, that phonedork was believing whatever it was that skips was telling phonedork about me. Please remember that until I came across phonedork's post the last message I had received from phonedork was "I'm happy with everything thanks a lot." Like with so many other people at that time I felt that phonedork wouldn't be willing to listen to anything I'd say. I'm glad that I was so wrong about phonedork.

Phonedork's post was in the middle of a sea of useless posts so it took me a long time to come across it. Once I found it I sent phonedork a pm which was ignored. It's been so long that I honestly don't even recall if I did or didn't delete phonedork's pms. It wasn't my intention to break communication with phonedork. If I did that then it would have been to prevent information from being misrepresented by people who were overreacting.

I hope that clears up any confusion on how I tried to clear things up with phonedork. I'm sorry if my posts have been misleading.

I wish phonedork had sent me a private message or an e-mail at the time he made his post and then this would have been worked out back then. Actually I wish he had sent me a message with his concerns when he first had them because then this would have been cleared up at that time. It really felt as if phonedork's communication with me completely broke down after he got in contact with skips. You don't need to make everything as difficult as possible, sometimes people are completely overreacting.

Go ahead and contact phonedork about this. If you won't listen to me then please listen to your friend phonedork.

I'll be happy to forward you some of his e-mails I received about how he feels, if this helps.

Phonedork treated me as if he might have been wrong about me, and this finally gave me a chance to actually prove that was the case, at least to phonedork.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
yxkalle

Post by yxkalle »

We should ask Phonedork how he felt about your modwork the moment he got his console returned. Wait, he has already told us. :P
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

yxkalle wrote:We should ask Phonedork how he felt about your modwork the moment he got his console returned. Wait, he has already told us. :P
The problem with how phonedork felt back then is he was under the influence of everything skips had told phonedork about me, which contained a lot of lies about the type of person I've always been. It's best if you stop living in the unrealistic past sir.
yxkalle

Post by yxkalle »

Yes, I would do the right thing just listen to the totally un-biased story of yours and nothing else. My God, why won't we just listen?? Look guys, the modwork he does now is totally ok! Why be mad at him for over-charging people for sub-par work, cold soldering that breaks during shipping, melted cases, missing screws and caps in the past when he's almost good now? I don't believe this! We should all take a lesson from this guy. :mrgreen:
Last edited by yxkalle on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

yxkalle wrote:Yes, I would do the right thing just listen to the totally un-biased story of yours and nothing else. My God, why won't we just listen?? Look guys, the modwork he does now is totally ok! Why be mad at him for over-charging people for sub-par work, cold soldering that breaks during shipping, melted cases, missing screws and caps in the past when he's almost good now? I don't believe this! We should all take a lesson from this guy. :mrgreen:
Why are you more interested in bad things that were posted about me years ago rather than anything recent? I asked skips to talk with phonedork because phonedork is someone else and not myself. Phonedork is even someone skips can trust.

My work was completely horrible quality, I know that. I just want you to know sir that it was never my intention to rip people off and that I really love constructive criticism that doesn't have any useless comments added.

I'd like messages and comments I receive to be constructive and not out-dated. This is what I've been trying to get changed.
yxkalle

Post by yxkalle »

Drakon wrote:
yxkalle wrote:Yes, I would do the right thing just listen to the totally un-biased story of yours and nothing else. My God, why won't we just listen?? Look guys, the modwork he does now is totally ok! Why be mad at him for over-charging people for sub-par work when he's almost good now?
Why are you more interested in bad things that were posted about me years ago rather than anything recent? I asked skips to talk with phonedork because phonedork is someone else and not myself. Phonedork is even someone skips can trust.

I'd like messages and comments I receive to be constructive and not out-dated. That's what I've been trying to get changed.
Please never change dude. That video gametechus made when he opened up one of your RGB modded NES'S had me gasping for breath from laughing so hard. I want more, MORE! You rock!
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

yxkalle wrote:Please never change dude. That video gametechus made when he opened up one of your RGB modded NES'S had me gasping for breath from laughing so hard. I want more, MORE! You rock!
See that's the problem. Many people in this community are more interested in focusing on bad examples rather than reality. People don't seem to want others to improve and get better. I'm really sorry that your life is so unhappy that you need to laugh at the misfortune of others to feel better about yourself.
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Drakon wrote: Why are you more interested in bad things that were posted about me years ago rather than anything recent?.
Then how about you put up or shut up about this "recent" mod work of yours? All you've posted are some subpar quality repros and that's it.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

ApolloBoy wrote:
Drakon wrote: Why are you more interested in bad things that were posted about me years ago rather than anything recent?.
Then how about you put up or shut up about this "recent" mod work of yours? All you've posted are some subpar quality repros and that's it.
The subpar repros are posted to prove that I don't use excessive hot glue and that the customer is fine with my service. I wasn't trying to prove anything beyond that sir. I just want useless comments to stop, this is a very reasonable request.

I want comments I receive to be based on my current work and I want them to be constructive instead of people acting like I don't care about suggestions. That's all I've ever asked for.

If nobody trusts me enough to hire me then it's impossible for me to get any good customer reviews which is what you seem to want me to provide. I don't want to do this work for people if they don't trust me. I have other things I'd rather spend my time doing anyway, I just want comments I receive to be useful. I want threads on these forums to be helpful instead of obsessing over other's mistakes. I want to see people working together instead of turning every single disagreement of opinion into a big public drama.

I really hope that skips talks to phonedork and that will be enough to clear up any doubt.
philexile

Post by philexile »

Just to clear this up: I was talking to Drakon when that whole issue with Phonedork was going on. I told him a number of times to get in touch with the guy to sort things out. He flat out refused.

I also recall Drakon receiving a commission for a NESRGB install. The person sent a clean system. What they got back was another AV Famicom (probably Drakon's) that was in bad shape and had previously had a RGB PPU installed. The person complained I think to Gametech? When I brought this up to Drakon, he ignored it too.

If he is trying to make amends now (a Starfox cart???) that's great I guess, but at the time he didn't want to deal with it.

Additional clearing up: I don't know what your talking about with the tinfoil. I didn't want you modding anything for me because you didn't know what flux was for. I'll never forget that.

You should take everyone's advice and do some solid work if you want to repair your rep. Start under a new user name and maybe "come out" as Drakon a year from now and surprise everyone. I don't expect you'll do this though.

Leon made some good points in his post which boils down to: this isn't anyone's career and it really can't be. Most recently you were trying to sell somewhat decent rom hacks of Castlevania to the community, so I don't think you've learned anything. Seriously, do you realize that the Super Mario 3mix took YEARS to make and it's not sold. The same with the Earthbound or Lagrange Point translations.

Move on and figure things out for yourself.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Your interest in hiring me really changed after the tinfoil comment. Also skips' attitude towards me completely changed after what I told you about the tinfoil. That's how it seemed from my perspective. Up until the tinfoil was mentioned you seemed fine with working with me. The solder I use is the type with flux in it.

The starfox cart was phonedork's suggestion.

At the time I probably didn't feel like phonedork had any interest in working things out. Like you, phonedork was believing skips. Phonedork had to discover that skips lies a lot and come to that realization before I was able to properly work things out between myself and phonedork. There's no point in me working for a person who doesn't trust me. It's the same as how there's not much point in me arguing with people who refuse to trust me. It doesn't matter what I say or do, if you don't want to trust me then you'll find an excuse to continue not trusting me.

I don't want to repair my reputation sir, I have no interest in doing that work again. Did you read any of my posts? I just want spam comments to stop and constructive comments to return.

I asked for money for rom hacks because in the past when I gave out work for free I would get flooded with requests. It's annoying having people ask me over and over to make something that I had no interest making. This seemed like a good way to stop the requests. The problem is that instead of asking me why I did that you used your already biased imagination to come up with the reason. Of course in your mind the reason you came up with was the lowest that you could imagine.

I'm sorry that you felt I ignored your question. I probably didn't feel like talking to you at the time because I knew that you were listening to whatever lies skips was telling you. I happily explained the situation to other people who asked. The customer went crazy and rushed me and I accidentally sent him the wrong system. I had at least two systems with the same hardware inside.

The work apolloboy and others do is a favour considering how little money they make.

I'm really glad that phonedork was nice enough to believe that he might have been wrong about me. However, I can't work for others if they won't believe that. I don't want to work with people who don't trust me because the only person who can change someone's opinion is that person. I wish that other people could understand that nobody deserves receiving spam messages no matter how much you don't trust that person.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
leonk

Post by leonk »

Drakon wrote: I don't want to repair my reputation sir, I have no interest in doing that work again. Did you read any of my posts? I just want spam comments to stop and constructive comments to return.
If that is really your intention, change your name, change your e-mail address and all that will stop!! I and most people on this forum don't know your real name (or your current e-mail address). All this can be done in less than 5 minutes.

The only reason you'd want to "repair" your "Drakon" account name is if you intend to continue selling under this name; at which point the above statement is a LIE. (constructive comments = us teach you how to improve your work => you do better work => first sentence is a LIE).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

leonk wrote:
Drakon wrote: I don't want to repair my reputation sir, I have no interest in doing that work again. Did you read any of my posts? I just want spam comments to stop and constructive comments to return.
If that is really your intention, change your name, change your e-mail address and all that will stop!! I and most people on this forum don't know your real name (or your current e-mail address). All this can be done in less than 5 minutes.

The only reason you'd want to "repair" your "Drakon" account name is if you intend to continue selling under this name; at which point the above statement is a LIE. (constructive comments = us teach you how to improve your work => you do better work => first sentence is a LIE).
Sometimes I get really nice comments on my videos I want to continue receiving those. I don't want to hide from my past or my past mistakes at all. Also I want to see this community realize that negativity helps nothing and put a stop to that. I'm not asking anyone to teach me how to make better work. I'm fine with receiving information that I already know, I just want it to be done constructively.

I'm not trying to repair my account name or my reputation. I'm trying to stop the useless spam and hate messages. Those messages are born out of the mentality that it's impossible to trust me. Since people actually believed that I'm 100% untrustworthy not a single person was ever interested in listening to anything I had to say. People refuse to believe anything from me, and that's out of my control. I was really shocked when phonedork was the first person to genuinely seem to listen to what I have to say. Phonedork acted very maturely as he realized that a person who's 100% untrustworthy simply can't exist.

It would be great to see a community that teaches others how to do better quality work instead of attacking people who are subpar. But it's up to you who you want to teach and who you don't want to teach and I completely respect that. It's just, if you don't have anything to add other than saying how bad a person is at this, saying how the person hasn't learned anything, etc etc, that doesn't help anything so there's no point in saying it. If you don't want to help a person then please, don't comment.

If your previous posts lead to a person being harassed then please, remove them. You can't blame the person being harassed for the harassment. People in this community need to take accountability for the harassment that their posts directly generate. When you lace your post with little bits of harassment then others are inspired to harass that individual as well.

You can remove the hate media and watch me like a hawk to ensure that I'm not working for other people unless they're fully aware of what to expect. I thought that's what was going on anyway. Unfortunately when people would show others what to expect from me it would be out of date and the worst possible examples they could find mixed with exaggerations and lies instead of an actual representation of what I'm like.

As I mentioned I take lots of pictures for people and greatly improved my transparency as a result of all this. I give a lot of detailed information about the tools and methods I use when people show interest. Most importantly, I stopped letting people know they can hire me for this stuff. It's clear that my work isn't good enough and in your eyes and this community's eyes it never will be. I have no interest in working for people unless it's what they want.

Unfortunately to prove to you that my first sentence isn't a lie, you'll have to trust me. I have no control over you trusting me. Like so many other people you read what skips posted and you completely made your mind up about me after barely knowing me, without asking for or listening to my side of the story before making any judgement.

Phonedork is the first person to listen to my side of the story while thinking that I may be right and that he may have been wrong about me. Because of this, I was able to finally fix things between myself and phonedork. I wish that more people could be reasonable like phonedork was.

I can't earn back any trust from a person until that person is willing to trust me. It's completely impossible to earn back any trust when everyone completely refuses to trust me.
philexile

Post by philexile »

leonk wrote: If that is really your intention, change your name, change your e-mail address and all that will stop!! I and most people on this forum don't know your real name (or your current e-mail address). All this can be done in less than 5 minutes.

What he said.

Drakon, you are just trying to revise history. You can post and tell people whatever you want – but its BS and everyone knows it. I'm sure there are trolls out there that are harassing you. That isn't right, but you asked for it with your ego and rude posts. This kinder/gentler/understanding persona you are putting forward here is a clumsy attempt at Drakon v2.0.

Do what Leon and myself have suggested, it will solve all your problems. I'm sure all your future discoveries and contributions to the community will attract a new fan base.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

philexile wrote: What he said.

Drakon, you are just trying to revise history. You can post and tell people whatever you want – but its BS and everyone knows it. I'm sure there are trolls out there that are harassing you. That isn't right, but you asked for it with your ego and rude posts. This kinder/gentler/understanding persona you are putting forward here is a clumsy attempt at Drakon v2.0.

Do what Leon and myself have suggested, it will solve all your problems. I'm sure all your future discoveries and contributions to the community will attract a new fan base.
Sir I didn't ask for it. I listened to the constructive comments and applied what people said needs changing. Like skips says I stepped back and let people make their own decisions. It was clear that I needed to make more changes than I realized. I posted my recent work at people's request, I went out of my way to clear things up between myself and phonedork. I apologized for many rude things that I said in the past to others and I stopped that behaviour years ago. I admitted to my faults, why can't people who exaggerated the reality of the type of person I am do the same.

The only thing that's B.S. is being stupid enough to automatically believe everything that's been said about a person on the internet. I'm not trying to revise history, I'm trying to bring information back into reality and at the same time stop harassment. I'm trying to bring people's views of me up to reality instead of the version you currently believe. Is it really so hard to believe that a lot of your version of "history" is wrong.

Skips has made far more rude posts about me than I've ever made, yet you don't see people treating skips that way. This is no Drakon 2.0 this is the person I've always been. The problem is skips fed you lies and you had a very biased opinion of me which was never real. I'm really grateful that you like the real me, I just wish that you would believe that this is the person I've always been. However, what you choose to believe is completely out of my control sir.

I'm not trying to rejoin this community, I'm trying to stop the harassment culture that goes on here. Nobody deserves the treatment I receive, this sort of treatment is never the victim's fault. This reality that lives in your imaginations is a far more important problem than any inexperienced person doing subpar work.

If anything, refusing to change my identity should demonstrate that I'm not trying to hide from my past. I'm not asking for people to act like I never made mistakes. I'm asking for people to come to the realization that I'm not this evil crooked person that skips says I am. This misportrayal of myself has lead to a complete trust and communication breakdown between myself and everyone in this great community.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Spoiler
You are not trying to hide from your past, you are trying to outright change it. Nobody believes your bullshit
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I'm not trying to change my past. I'm trying to show you, and others, that you had the wrong idea about the type of person I am. It's messed up that you want so desperately to find someone who deserves this sort of mistreatment that as soon as you find someone you disagree with in your mind you turn that person into this evil character you're looking for.

The reality is that this person doesn't exist. Nobody out there is this one dimensional sir.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leonk

Post by leonk »

Drakon.. this is the internet. The Internet has the attention span of a gnat. Things older than a couple of years disappear. Ignore the posts, and STOP POSTING BACK. By replying to this thread you are perpetuating the abuse that you are in essence trying to stop in the first place!

Ignore the comments, the thread will be pushed to page 10. Turn off comments / comment notifications on YouTube .. people eventually will stop watching them anyways. People move on.

If anything, it seems that you are the one that is holding on .. more than we care to comment on your work.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

leonk wrote:Drakon.. this is the internet. The Internet has the attention span of a gnat. Things older than a couple of years disappear. Ignore the posts, and STOP POSTING BACK. By replying to this thread you are perpetuating the abuse that you are in essence trying to stop in the first place!

Ignore the comments, the thread will be pushed to page 10. Turn off comments / comment notifications on YouTube .. people eventually will stop watching them anyways. People move on.

If anything, it seems that you are the one that is holding on .. more than we care to comment on your work.
Sir I didn't post a reply for years and the harassment continued without any signs of stopping. You don't want me to reply because it makes you people look like you're overreacting and exaggerating reality. I like to receive comments from my friendly viewers and interact with them, that's the beauty of youtube. That's why I keep notifications turned on. The spam posted about me helps spread lies about me, and that's not right. If the spam could be contained away from my videos then I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Philexile and everyone else is right that I had an ego. That is completely true and I've apologized for this many times. I'm really sorry for having an ego back then that was stupid of me. I most definitely listen more to sensible advice and help now than I did back then.

I wish that criticism I had received back in the day had been worded more constructively and included less random anger. I would have listened to a lot more of it had it been written that way. If you can't give advice and criticism without mixing in anger and rude comments, then please, don't give it. This really discourages people who are starting out from listening to your advice, regardless of how good the advice is. If a person not accepting your advice will make you angry, again please don't give it. I've seen so many people blow up at perfectly nice people because they refused to immediately apply their good advice.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Its like a rapist trying to play the victim
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:Its like a rapist trying to play the victim
That's a big exaggeration. I'm sorry that skips feels raped, that's not right.