Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Ebbo

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by Ebbo »

guigui wrote:AHEM

So I was trying to take the second place of euro & america ranking with Isa on normal. I thus had to beat 217 millions. Just got 229 millions after three days of trying, upload my score and what do I see ? A so-called "mrmonkey" that get around 250 millions with something like half of my hit count ! Is that you MrMonkeyMan ? aren't you happy with those 550+ millions on the jap board that you also have to mess things up here :P
What about the first place? How big score is that? My current best overall score is 316 millions. Not that I'm going to threat MMM's +550 mil score in a while...
iluvmonsterz

Post by iluvmonsterz »

got this monday and it is soooooo gottdamned fun!!! i have played this more than any other game i have on wii..aside from muramasa.
kengou

Post by kengou »

Love this so far, feels like a 3D radiant silvergun. Tons and tons of difficult bosses with Treasure's characteristic design. It's really rough how much getting hit affects your multiplier, though!
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
guigui

Post by guigui »

Ebbo wrote: What about the first place? How big score is that? My current best overall score is 316 millions. Not that I'm going to threat MMM's +550 mil score in a while...
First place normal Isa is owned by H4X with 390+ millions. He got that score as soon as the game came out, probably played the jap version before. You have the second place at the moment... this will the third when MMM finishes his run :P

By the way, it is nice to see new players here, worldwide release of the game seems to be a good thing. As evil_ash_zero, I'd like to see some sale counts.

EDIT again : just got the 1CC on it, I'm so glad especiallay considering I've been playing it since last october :lol:
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Comico

Post by Comico »

just did 37 mil on stage 1 normal ,woot, no idea where i could harvest 2 other millions.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Just picked up this game today and played two credits on easy. Got killed by the sword girl both times. Great game, I already like it better than the first, and that's saying something. Unfortunately it is the first game I've ever played where it feels like being left handed is a disadvantage; I'll either have to suck it up and deal with my less than optimal aiming, or learn to use the analog stick in my right hand, which seems impossible to me (I tried this for a while in Metroid Prime 3, but could never get the hang of it). The game also gave my right hand terrible cramps, which I'll hopefully adjust to (strangely no other Wii game has done this to me).

When I saw the leaderboard, I assumed that H4X was someone bragging about how he hacked the game and cheated to get a high score (like with an invincibility cheat), but of course his choice of name could also be for humorous effect. Can't wait to play more of this tomorrow.
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

Congrats guigui, I saw you on the leaderboard! :D

Just played through the North American version... aaaand died again on the changed fist fight. I really should have read this thread first. :lol:

Practicing a bit, though, and guigui's method seems reliable. Just take a few steps towards him, crouch, and then counter. He often attacks right after he gets back up (perhaps more likely if you're close to him) so you can try attacking before you see him do anything. That definitely works when he gets up the first time. I often beat him with at least 50-70 HP left this way, though sometimes he does that complete BS 30-damage combo.

I noticed quite a few minor changes from the Japanese version. Many are cosmetic (such as motion blur and tweaked backgrounds) or improve usability, like particle attacks that stand out more and a better camera angle during Brinstone that makes it easier to understand the layout of the turrets.

Gameplay-wise they removed some slowdown that occurs during particular boss attacks -- I was getting hit when Skull Keeper throws his ball now, ha ha. Some other minor things, like Tortoise/Snapper Keeper's rock attack seems to have more grenades so it should be easier to keep attacking his legs during that phase. The second form of stage 7 Orion has also been changed a bit, is worth more points, and you get the special medal for destroying all his parts.

Puppy/Hatchling Keeper is as exploitable as ever, much to my delight.

Game is still as cool as ever.
linko9 wrote:Unfortunately it is the first game I've ever played where it feels like being left handed is a disadvantage; I'll either have to suck it up and deal with my less than optimal aiming, or learn to use the analog stick in my right hand, which seems impossible to me
Yeah, I'm left-handed and can sympathize. I also found it was easier to aim with the right hand than use it for the analog stick. All I can say is I hope you can adjust to it. I do use my right hand for some things like a computer mouse so maybe I had an easier time than some people.
KindGrind

Post by KindGrind »

Quick Q:

In the section where I see my scores... what's the first score about? The one above level 0... How do they come up with that?

Very fun game, quite Treasurey!

PS. Congratz to Guigui & MMM, among others, who I recognized on the leaderboard!
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
linko9

Post by linko9 »

KindGrind wrote:Quick Q:

In the section where I see my scores... what's the first score about? The one above level 0... How do they come up with that?
Do you mean your total score? That's pretty self-explanatory, unless you're looking at something else...

Played another credit of this today (unfortunately all I had time for), and got some of the way through level 6. This game just keeps getting better. Unfortunately, it looks like next to no one bought the game (or else they aren't playing it), judging by the leaderboards.
ryu

Post by ryu »

KindGrind wrote:Quick Q:

The one saying all? It's your highest total score obtained in a single playthrough until you died.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
KindGrind

Post by KindGrind »

I see. How come it's lower than any of my other stages' scores? Let's say that my best scores are 15M for every level... and my total score is 7M. How does that make sense?
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
ryu

Post by ryu »

Did you do all these stage scores via stage select?
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Is anyone finding the US version more difficult than the Japanese original? I seem to be dying a lot more on the US version than I did when I went through the JPN version. I'm playing both games on the same difficulty setting.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Damn, I guess no one's playing Hard mode; I'm 4th in the U.S. after playing one credit (got halfway through stage 2 with Isa). What exactly is the difference between local and regional rankings? I didn't look at many of the regional boards, but I'm pretty sure the ones I did look at were exactly the same as the local ones.

Also, are there any good superplays/decent runthroughs available on the net? (I guess at this point they would probably be of the japanese version, but it sounds like the two versions are very similar, so I'm sure it would be helpful).
ryu

Post by ryu »

For europe, local leaderboards show the scores of the country you're in.
guigui

Post by guigui »

bcass wrote:Is anyone finding the US version more difficult than the Japanese original? I seem to be dying a lot more on the US version than I did when I went through the JPN version. I'm playing both games on the same difficulty setting.
Not more difficult, but somehow different in some parts as I've pointed out in previous messages. Let me add two by the way :

- At the very beginning of stage 1, when the scrolling stops and that big ship sends missiles at you, I cant deflect to him anymore. Anyone can ?
- On the second part of the alternator stage 2 boss (firing turret) your shot seems to be somehow attracted to the turret so it curves. What the heck ?
WarpZone wrote:Congrats guigui, I saw you on the leaderboard! :D
Thanks, it is nice to see you back here, and MMM too even though you'll take my place on the board.
Warpzone wrote: Just played through the North American version... aaaand died again on the changed fist fight. I really should have read this thread first. :lol:

Practicing a bit, though, and guigui's method seems reliable. Just take a few steps towards him, crouch, and then counter. He often attacks right after he gets back up (perhaps more likely if you're close to him) so you can try attacking before you see him do anything. That definitely works when he gets up the first time. I often beat him with at least 50-70 HP left this way, though sometimes he does that complete BS 30-damage combo.
I confirm that the crouching method works pretty nice. Though, contratily to what I said in my first message about it and as you say, you dont have to crouch "at about a length of rope from him". Just crouch where you are and that's all. Actually, I now maintain down for the whole fight and just mash attack button as soon as I see him move. Rare exception to holding down all the time is when you are too close or too far from him, too close will have him attack before you can react, too far will have him pull the rope and do that knee strike that no boy would like to suffer in his life...
Warzpone wrote: Puppy/Hatchling Keeper is as exploitable as ever, much to my delight.
Which form ? Care to explain how exploitable it is ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

1cc'd easy today, time to move on to normal. I played one credit and died at the cube boss in stage 3. Is there a health box I'm missing between the last saw-wall enemy and that boss? Seems like an awfully long stretch...
ryu

Post by ryu »

Are there any super play videos for Stages 3 & 4 on nico nico? I'm having some troubles with these stages.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

I'm just going to post all the best videos I've found.

Stage 0, hard - 26 million

Stage 1, hard - 44 million

Stage 2, hard - 150 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 3, hard - 100 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 4, hard - 125 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 5, hard - 55 million

Stage 6, normal - 103 million
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Stage 7, hard - 100 million
Part 1
Part 2
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

How the heck are you guys all so good at this game? :(
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

linko9

Post by linko9 »

Thanks a lot for posting those videos, MonkeyMan, those will be very helpful. Played two more credits on normal today, and got killed by the sword girl in stage 3 both times. I really hate her.

Question: on the leaderboards of the NA version, are scores from the PAL version included, or are they only scores obtained on the NA version?
Last edited by linko9 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

linko9 wrote:Thanks a lat for posting those videos, MonkeyMan, those will be very helpful. Played two more credits on normal today, and got killed by the sword girl in stage 3 both times. I really hate her.

Question: on the leaderboards of the NA version, are scores from the PAL version included, or are they only scores obtained on the NA version?
Yes. You have to view the international scores to see them.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Well, that's good to know. It was either that, or there were a crapload of canadians playing the game. And those videos are incredible.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:I'm just going to post all the best videos I've found.

Stage 0, hard - 26 million

Stage 1, hard - 44 million

Stage 2, hard - 150 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 3, hard - 100 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 4, hard - 125 million
Part 1
Part 2

Stage 5, hard - 55 million

Stage 6, normal - 103 million
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Stage 7, hard - 100 million
Part 1
Part 2
Do i have to register at nicovideo to watch these videos?
linko9

Post by linko9 »

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=374355
Shalashaska wrote:moozooh posted this in the DDP DFK thread so credit goes to him but use this link to watch the videos without registering. http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/smXXXXXXX

Just copy and paste the "smxxxxx" part of the nico video you want to watch into that url. So, for instance, the Doom final pattern, no miss would be http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm3697017
The first post in that thread also links to a guide for registering, which is actually quite simple.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Wouh ! Those are a bunch of good videos, thanks MrMonkeyMan.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=27354

Don't know how reliable these numbers are, but they're quite encouraging to me; 29,000 in it's first week is great for this type of game, and I'm glad to see it sold better in America than in Japan and Europe. Of course, there was a lot of advertising for this game in America, so that may be the reason, but still, the sales are much better than I expected. Unfortunately, looking at the leaderboards, it seems not many people are really playing this for score.
guigui

Post by guigui »

linko9 wrote:http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=27354

Don't know how reliable these numbers are, but they're quite encouraging to me; 29,000 in it's first week is great for this type of game, and I'm glad to see it sold better in America than in Japan and Europe. Of course, there was a lot of advertising for this game in America, so that may be the reason, but still, the sales are much better than I expected. Unfortunately, looking at the leaderboards, it seems not many people are really playing this for score.
Nice, thanks for the info !

I just reached 296 hits on stage 0, unfortunately, I got hit and got "only" 22.400.000.
Do you guys manage to kill all those laser in the corridors before the Contra wall ? I always miss one.
Also, on the third contra wall, in the first wave of ennemies, sometimes a robot get killed by barrels (thus making me miss a hit), while some other times it does not. Is there a way to force it not to get hit by the barrel ?
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Yeah, those barrels piss me off too. It always seems very unpredictable when they pop out and killsteal the bots. It seems like if I time my initial charge shot just right on that third wall, I can take out the three barrels and one bot, and then the second bot comes walking towards me, but that's only happened a few times. As for the lasers, I can take them all out, but I usually don't bother with one of them (the one on the far left of the final pattern of lasers), because your positioning has to be perfect to take out all of the lasers on the top row after shooting the two on the bottom (perhaps there's a more reliable way to deal with this pattern?). Which laser patterns are you having trouble with? My main problem is the boss fight; I either miss a bunch of canisters, or take way too long taking them all out.
guigui

Post by guigui »

linko9 wrote:Yeah, those barrels piss me off too. It always seems very unpredictable when they pop out and killsteal the bots. It seems like if I time my initial charge shot just right on that third wall, I can take out the three barrels and one bot, and then the second bot comes walking towards me, but that's only happened a few times.
That never happened to me. I clearly remember one day where I could get all three barrels and both robots with a single charged shot. That day, actually the first I really tried to score stage 0, I did that like ten times in a row and it seemed normal to me. Then some days later, I came back and could not get the second robot at all ! Frustrating. Does that depend on how rainy it is outside when you turn the console on ? Does that depend on how well you do before that wall ? I dont know.
linko9 wrote: As for the lasers, I can take them all out, but I usually don't bother with one of them (the one on the far left of the final pattern of lasers), because your positioning has to be perfect to take out all of the lasers on the top row after shooting the two on the bottom (perhaps there's a more reliable way to deal with this pattern?).
Those ones I can get all without charging, just by shooting the two on the right side and swording the two on the left side (why would you bother destroying them row by row and not column by column by the way ?)
linko9 wrote: Which laser patterns are you having trouble with?
The two patterns right after the bunch of robots. I cannot take them all out without charging. And since there are two of them similar and very close to each other, I charge one, but cant destroy everything in the other...

linko9 wrote: My main problem is the boss fight; I either miss a bunch of canisters, or take way too long taking them all out.
That bloody boss also pisses me off. Now I just play very carefully and take my time to get rid of all the canisters. It usually takes me 3 sets of projectiles, which makes loose quite a lot of time...