Show them if you've got them - Candy cabs

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
burgerkingdiamond

Re: Show them if you've got them - Candy cabs

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Drachenherz wrote:@matskat:
The side-artworks are stickers, very good quality, so you think I'm save washing the cab down?

@johnny5:
"magic erasers" aren't really a term for me, here in switzerland. Good you link me to the product somehow? But in general, your advice sounds good.

@chempop:
Yup, the screen is tateable, and will be tated, as soon as I can persuade one of my friends to help me with this monstrosity of a crt.... :-D

Btw, I decided to dissassemble the cab in large parts. Because, it stinks of old old ooooold cigarette smoke, it's infesting the intestines of my Cab, all in its dusty innards. And I can't have that. :-) Seriously... The room in the dojo where I put it started to smell like an old smokers lounge... :shock:

I need to dissassemble it, because really, all those little places and crevices inside the cab are such a bitch to clean without a vacuum cleaner. And as I don't want to hurt the electronics inside... I'll have to go the long and hard way... :mrgreen: Actually, kinda looking forward to this kind of work.
yeah. a friend is preferred when tate'ing those babies. I've done it myself a few times, but it's a bitch for sure. Sadly when I bought mine I was under the impression that they had a mechanism for easily switching back and forth between Vert and Hori. I think only Egret II's have that. Maybe others too. So I don't get any Deathsmiles :(
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Jup, I'll definetely wait for a friend to tate this monitor. Don't want to risk injuring myself or damagin the monitor - or both. :shock:

Btw, do those "magic erasers" look something like that:

Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Drachenherz wrote:Jup, I'll definetely wait for a friend to tate this monitor. Don't want to risk injuring myself or damagin the monitor - or both. :shock:

yup. That's what you want.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

jonny5 wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:Jup, I'll definetely wait for a friend to tate this monitor. Don't want to risk injuring myself or damagin the monitor - or both. :shock:

yup. That's what you want.

Forgive my interuption, what does that do?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

They are magical scrubbing pads that basically clean anything off of everything. But for cabs they will remove paint scuffs, nicotine stains, pretty much everything ruining that lovely white finish!

Just google Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, pretty sure you can get them in the UK. They are amazing, and quite literally all you need to clean a cab.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Johnny5, I even got them here in switzerland, they are called "meister propper schmutzradiergummi". Dirt eraser.

But it still involves a lot of scrubbing - and the yellow won't come off comlpetely from the plastic of the cp and the metall on the metall doors... :cry: I think I have a LOT of scrubbing to do this weekend...
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Drachenherz wrote:But it still involves a lot of scrubbing - and the yellow won't come off comlpetely from the plastic of the cp and the metall on the metall doors... :cry: I think I have a LOT of scrubbing to do this weekend...
They're called "magic" for a reason. :lol: I foresee you'll magically gain extra upper body strength just by using these.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

emphatic wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:But it still involves a lot of scrubbing - and the yellow won't come off comlpetely from the plastic of the cp and the metall on the metall doors... :cry: I think I have a LOT of scrubbing to do this weekend...
They're called "magic" for a reason. :lol: I foresee you'll magically gain extra upper body strength just by using these.
I think more of magically sore muscles... :-P
Heartwork

Post by Heartwork »

This thread is making me so jelly. I need to get a cab!

Somewhat off-topic, but I notice a few of you guys have Third Strike PCBs. How much do those generally go for?
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Heartwork wrote:This thread is making me so jelly. I need to get a cab!

Somewhat off-topic, but I notice a few of you guys have Third Strike PCBs. How much do those generally go for?
£300.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

3rd Strike PCB's are apparently a little sensitive and tend to break. I think the current market price has held up well though.

Looking back at this thread from page 1, its nice to see the pics are still active on almost all the posts. My first post of my AWSD is now in Wonderbanana's hands. Good memories.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Drachenherz wrote:Johnny5, I even got them here in switzerland, they are called "meister propper schmutzradiergummi". Dirt eraser.

But it still involves a lot of scrubbing - and the yellow won't come off comlpetely from the plastic of the cp and the metall on the metall doors... :cry: I think I have a LOT of scrubbing to do this weekend...
Get a mild degreaser, I recommend a good citrus degreaser, and scrub scrub scrub!

The first cab I got was quite filthy(dirt/grime, nicotine stains, paint scuffs, etc.), and I spent about 4-5 hours(literally) scrubbing it with magic erasers and a bit of degreaser until it was sparkling. Now side by side with my second cab(which was completely re-sprayed) it almost looks better. :D
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

jonny5 wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:Johnny5, I even got them here in switzerland, they are called "meister propper schmutzradiergummi". Dirt eraser.

Get a mild degreaser, I recommend a good citrus degreaser, and scrub scrub scrub!

The first cab I got was quite filthy(dirt/grime, nicotine stains, paint scuffs, etc.), and I spent about 4-5 hours(literally) scrubbing it with magic erasers and a bit of degreaser until it was sparkling. Now side by side with my second cab(which was completely re-sprayed) it almost looks better. :D
Yeah, I overread the citrus degreaser in your first posting. I try this right now, fortunately I took the CP from the dojo where I got the cab to my place. Curius about the result. Scrubbedy-scrub-scrub-ahoy. :-D

Edit: any idea what I can do against the rust on the metal plate of the cp? :-/
supergoose

Post by supergoose »

Drachenherz wrote: Edit: any idea what I can do against the rust on the metal plate of the cp? :-/
how bad is it? maybe try "rostumwandler" and sand it afterwards.
captpain

Post by captpain »

Is it bad that I find the versions of degreasers/"magic" erasers/rust removers in languages other than English funny?

:lol:

I mean if they were called meister propper schmutzradiergummi in English then they would sell a billion pieces.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

@supergoose: I guess it's not too bad, it's local on the place where the wrist rests. I guess, all the sweaty hands attacked the metal of the plate quite severly, hehe. "rostumwandler"... And what will they invent next? I never heard something like that. A chemical process that can change rust to... metal???

@captpain: Yeah, it definetely sounds funny if you hear it for the first time. Actually, you could put those german terms into the random shmup-name generator, that would give some cool names for stg:

blue wish rostumwandler
crimzon schmutzradierer

etc...

ehehe.

Btw... I might have the possibility to get a custom made 1p Controlpanel for the Blast. A friend of mine has metal sculpturing as a hobby and he has the necessary tools to build a CP from scratch... Now... If I only could get some custom made CP-Vinyl sticker...
burgerkingdiamond

Drachenherz wrote:@supergoose: I guess it's not too bad, it's local on the place where the wrist rests. I guess, all the sweaty hands attacked the metal of the plate quite severly, hehe. "rostumwandler"... And what will they invent next? I never heard something like that. A chemical process that can change rust to... metal???

@captpain: Yeah, it definetely sounds funny if you hear it for the first time. Actually, you could put those german terms into the random shmup-name generator, that would give some cool names for stg:

blue wish rostumwandler
crimzon schmutzradierer

etc...

ehehe.

Btw... I might have the possibility to get a custom made 1p Controlpanel for the Blast. A friend of mine has metal sculpturing as a hobby and he has the necessary tools to build a CP from scratch... Now... If I only could get some custom made CP-Vinyl sticker...
LizardLick.com sells stainless steel Aero City panels in 1 and 2 player configs. I don't know if they would work for a blast city. Just letting you know.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:@supergoose: I guess it's not too bad, it's local on the place where the wrist rests. I guess, all the sweaty hands attacked the metal of the plate quite severly, hehe. "rostumwandler"... And what will they invent next? I never heard something like that. A chemical process that can change rust to... metal???

blue wish rostumwandler
crimzon schmutzradierer

etc...

ehehe.

LizardLick.com sells stainless steel Aero City panels in 1 and 2 player configs. I don't know if they would work for a blast city. Just letting you know.
They sell astro/blast/versus panels, not aero. Aero panels are square. Also, be aware they are blanks, so you will need to have an overlay made.
burgerkingdiamond

jonny5 wrote:
burgerkingdiamond wrote:

blue wish rostumwandler
crimzon schmutzradierer

etc...

ehehe.

They sell astro/blast/versus panels, not aero. Aero panels are square. Also, be aware they are blanks, so you will need to have an overlay made.
I used one for my random Korean candy. Had to get a little creative...
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Okay, thanks for all your tips and hints and tricks. :-) Cleaned the blast so far. Now I want to wire it up with my xbox, because I can't wait to play my main game, mushi futari bl on this beautiful beast...

The rust on the cp turned out to be not too bad, and I got a friend of mine who could take care of the rust.

And oh, btw... "Air in a can" works wonders getting all this decade-old cigarette-dust off the tube... :-)

Here you go:
The cp was quite dusty and reeking of cigarette-dust on the inside:

The rust on the CP:

After some serious shrubbing:

The tube before the "air in a can"-treatment (yucky):

The tube after the "air in a can"-treatment (well, that turned out not too bad):

And here we go: tated the screen and re-populated the CP with spare parts. And a JLF-Stick with a LS-55 spring-mod. It feels soooooooooo good:

Here one more because... It feels soooooooooo good...! :lol: :

This is such a great hobby. *gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

And yeah, here's the complete Blast City-Gallery I got so far:

http://www.drachenherz.ch/index.php?opt ... y&catid=37
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Looks great!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

Drachenherz wrote:Okay, thanks for all your tips and hints and tricks. :-) Cleaned the blast so far. Now I want to wire it up with my xbox, because I can't wait to play my main game, mushi futari bl on this beautiful beast...
Looking great so far!

Good luck getting your 360 in that bad boy. Is the monitor tri-sync?

I've ALWAYS wanted to put my 360 in a cabinet...maybe some day I will.

You REALLY need to put SOME game in there....

Keep up the good work, man!
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Matskat wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:Okay, thanks for all your tips and hints and tricks. :-) Cleaned the blast so far. Now I want to wire it up with my xbox, because I can't wait to play my main game, mushi futari bl on this beautiful beast...
Looking great so far!

Jup, 3sync nanao goodness. And soon, oh so very soon, will I play mushi futari on the blast. And Esp II. And muchi muchi pork/pink sweets... :drool:
burgerkingdiamond

Drachenherz wrote:
Matskat wrote:
Looking great so far!

Jup, 3sync nanao goodness. And soon, oh so very soon, will I play mushi futari on the blast. And Esp II. And muchi muchi pork/pink sweets... :drool:
It doesn't get any better than a 360 in your candy. Hmmm, spend thousands of dollars on CAVE pcb's or spend a few hundred on some ports? I'll stick with my 360 for now. The experience is awesome.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Now I've finally got the xbox up and running.

Working like a charm in the beginnin. But after about 15 to 20 mins. of play, the screen starts to flicker on the left side ( well, actually the upper side of the scrren, but as I tated it...). it flickers rather heftily so that the whole left side turns black for a very short moment. And I'm not sure, but it seems to be stronger when there's much going on on screen. When I return to the xbox dashboard, it stops.

I have no idea what the source of this flickering could be. The vga cable? The nanao crt? The xbox? Me?

No effing idea...
missjumjum

Post by missjumjum »

I waited a long time. :D
Now he had a new home.
I think he is by all machines that I had the most beautiful.

If I have time it is re-varnished. He needs an original Windy Pannel to look like an diamond.

I hope to find some space for his other friends.
I will still pay him to play a blue brother. :lol:

Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

missjumjum: niiiiiiiice!!!

And:

Finally!

Loving it:

And the reason why I wanted to have a cab to begin with:

I'm in love... :-D
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Your Blast looks great!
missjumjum

Post by missjumjum »

Drachenherz wrote:missjumjum: niiiiiiiice!!!

And:

Finally!

Loving it:

And the reason why I wanted to have a cab to begin with:

I'm in love... :-D
Looks great in acktion .. :lol:
Have now started to clean some off my Cabs .
Hope my Blasts looks so fresh as yours after all .
We will see .
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

@Drachenherz:

Dude!

Congrats on getting that Blast all set up. It looks fantastic!
Welcome to the party!

(BTW, that Blast makes me pine for a full VS City....nevagonnagetit...a woo woo woo woo!)
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."