STGT2k7- Week#2 Viper Phase 1

SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

That was a tough week.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Rob @ Giga Wing Pro Review wrote:snawped by little tanks... lahk you do in Raiden
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
Edge

Post by Edge »

thanks for the nice Time Over reminder, shoe-sama. :)

Just returned home from class and updated the score chart.
(please double check me if I might have missed one of your scores)

I'll calculate and up the rankings tonight. Which is in maybe 6-8 hours.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

I played only 3-4 hours this week...
='(
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

You played the double of my playing time :)

Edit

GODDAMN I was the worst placed player in my team. Way to go, I was 15th last week... good thing the rest of my team made a good job.

If I had played it more I would have done better... I only played it for like a couple of hours. This week was SO busy to me, I barely stayed at home.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

I had a busy week too. I only got in about 4 hours. 3 of them were spent restarting the first 30 seconds of stage 1.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Pirate1019 wrote:3 of them were spent restarting the first 30 seconds of stage 1.
I feel your pain.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

I stopped when I started hearing voices in my head, followed by my own screaming even when I wasn't screaming.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

I don't even want to know how long I played =X
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

25h
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
DMC

Post by DMC »

Rob wrote:Low playcount is the new high scoring at shmups.
You won this week's best one liner. :!:
Congratulations on your effort!

Shoe-sama and twiddle needs more practice! :wink:
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I think I would have made better progress had I had auto fire from the start. It took me a few days to get the mame plus on my computer and I only had a few hours of total playtime.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Twiddle wrote:I stopped when I started hearing voices in my head, followed by my own screaming even when I wasn't screaming.
This madness was your idea

RyanDG, congrats. Awesome show of killing :D
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

unban shw
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

people who had their team vote for games with terrible scoring systems because they themselves too were shitty to handle actual scoring systems was kind of a factor
I declare myself guilty. I deeply regret of doing such atrocious crime, and I am ready to take the punishment I deserve.
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

DJ Incompetent wrote:
Twiddle wrote:I stopped when I started hearing voices in my head, followed by my own screaming even when I wasn't screaming.
This madness was your idea

RyanDG, congrats. Awesome show of killing :D

:)

Thanks... I have a dysfunctional love/hate relationship with Seibu Kaihatsu that's akin to an abusive marriage. Despite how much they punish me and I swear I'm going to move on to better things (Dangun Feveron has been calling my name all week for some reason...), I continuously keep on coming back for more. I wish I had more time to play Viper Phase 1 this week though. Sunday was the only day I could really play through it for an extended time, and even then, I kept on feeling that with just a few more hours I could clear the game (if level 8 really is as easy as people have said in this thread compared to the bastard that level 7 is).
http://www.arcade-renaissance.com - My little home on the web.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Shatterhand wrote:
people who had their team vote for games with terrible scoring systems because they themselves too were shitty to handle actual scoring systems was kind of a factor
I declare myself guilty. I deeply regret of doing such atrocious crime, and I am ready to take the punishment I deserve.
so does this mean you gave RFJ a try yet?

i'm going to work on that again after I do the first loop of sispri gauntlet final. 2 hour long doujin game WITH a loop, that's brutal.
unban shw
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

needs moar... Darius Gaiden
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Twiddle wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:
so does this mean you gave RFJ a try yet?

i'm going to work on that again after I do the first loop of sispri gauntlet final. 2 hour long doujin game WITH a loop, that's brutal.
I did it shortly before the week begun. But it was a very quickly go. Truth is, I'd rather juggle bells for one more week than keep on trying 100% on level 1 of VP1.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

This is my first year playing in the STG competition, and I though it was going to be fun. Instead all I see are f'ing complainers. If this is what it was like last year, then count me out of the next one. Its the people, not the games picked, that are spoiling it.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

#1 shmups forums rule: Playing for score != playing for fun

Also, anyone who wants to enter my post-STGT bad game tournament will feel an entirely different grade of terrible
unban shw
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Twiddle wrote:Also, anyone who wants to enter my post-STGT bad game tournament will feel an entirely different grade of terrible

That sounds delightfully horrible... Please be sure to include games with infinitely milkable bosses that require you to sit in front of a game for 47 hours milking a single stage just to compete against everyone else. Because I'll definitely be playing in that. ;)
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Dave_K. wrote:This is my first year playing in the STG competition, and I though it was going to be fun. Instead all I see are f'ing complainers. If this is what it was like last year, then count me out of the next one. Its the people, not the games picked, that are spoiling it.
I don't know. I've actually had fun with the two games so far (despite my personal feelings about the first one...), but then again I've pretty much viewed all the comments as just being friendly banter and razzing about the games.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Great competition, crazy time of year. I really wish I could get a score together during the first week of a super-busy, new semester, but that's simply unrealistic. Maybe next week. Isn't that 2nd place week? I refuse, though, to play Darius Gaiden. Blah!
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Dave_K. wrote:This is my first year playing in the STG competition, and I though it was going to be fun. Instead all I see are f'ing complainers. If this is what it was like last year, then count me out of the next one. Its the people, not the games picked, that are spoiling it.
I feel ya, man.
Actually, it was somethin' like 3x worse last year. Not only were the games being bitched about every time, but the fundamental rules were challenged, protested, or boycotted every other week..I think there was even an attempted organization takeover at one point. I was nervous a few times the entire thing would fall apart from the weight of complaining trollings just collapsing on itself. Even if you read the entire STGT2006 thing and all sub threads, all I'd ask most the time is "how the hell did this thing get off the ground?"
I tried to stop the bitching by launching the most boring thread of all time. And in retrospect, it seems to have worked. But ya still got the whole games problem. This forum is so split on what it likes, bitching is just inevitable. Not even Cave Week could save it. All I can say is ya gotta find the times the forum 180s on itself like what happened on parts of Thursday on the Twinbee week with the "I HATE THIS GAME-oh-wait-I played it awhile and I kinda like it huh-huh-huh:emoticon:" Just gotta laugh at the people when they're gettin' the usual crotch-rot.

But the better bet is to not...really....read all the thread pages. Check the green boards, find your match, then try to beat him/her.

And _Bnu, Icarus, and The Coop should get back up posting some of the funny pictures. That shit kinda saved the vibe last year.

*hugs Twiddle anyway* :) </BM>
Last edited by DJ Incompetent on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

This is my first year too and I grow tire of all the complaining :roll:

But then for me playing for score exclusively is suck the fun right out of the games. It no longer becomes fun and become a chore to play for score by obscene tasks :oops: I enjoy playing Twin Bee (I own the game for the Sega Saturn) but when I play to juggle bells and score points it was not fun at all :oops: Viper Phase 1 was a good fun until trying to get a 100% which I was not able to do :oops:

I guess I shouldn't play shooters since I don't play them the right way I am shit player :oops: shit on me :oops: :cry:
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Sonic R wrote:This is my first year too and I grow tire of all the complaining :roll:

But then for me playing for score exclusively is suck the fun right out of the games. It no longer becomes fun and become a chore to play for score by obscene tasks :oops: I enjoy playing Twin Bee (I own the game for the Sega Saturn) but when I play to juggle bells and score points it was not fun at all :oops: Viper Phase 1 was a good fun until trying to get a 100% which I was not able to do :oops:

I guess I shouldn't play shooters since I don't play them the right way I am shit player :oops: shit on me :oops: :cry:
hahaha, damn, man. You and shoe should have a self-esteem contest.

Last I checked, you can still beat me in DDP
Rob

Post by Rob »

Dave_K. wrote:Its the people, not the games picked, that are spoiling it.
Some of you are really sensitive.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

This competition is fucking awesome.

Except for the competition part that is.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Heh, good points DJ (and history lesson). I'll just post my measly scores and try not to get caught up in the drama by reading the threads, and see what happens.

My girlfriend played in an intermural softball league at school that docked teams points based on any apparent bad-sportsmanship. Obviously it was quite subjective and greatly contested. Not sure if that could be used to curtail the bitching here.
Rob wrote:Some of you are really sensitive.
I'm all for smack talking which encourages competition, but the constant complaining just irritates the hell out of me.