gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BuckoA51

Re: gscartsw: automatic 8:1 SCART-RGB switch

Post by BuckoA51 »

Given that it took SuperG months of testing/debugging to get his automatic switch working with everyone's stuff, I'd say no, do not purchase.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
superg

Post by superg »

phoenix79 wrote:
superg wrote:I was talking about the manual one. Never seen automatic Bandridge in real life.
Thanks for the quick reply about the Manual Bandridge 5-port SCART Selector. Do you know anyone that has any experience or knowledge about the Automatic/Powered Bandridge? Would you think that it's safe to purchase?
No idea.
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

superg wrote:
phoenix79 wrote:
superg wrote:I was talking about the manual one. Never seen automatic Bandridge in real life.
Thanks for the quick reply about the Manual Bandridge 5-port SCART Selector. Do you know anyone that has any experience or knowledge about the Automatic/Powered Bandridge? Would you think that it's safe to purchase?
No idea.
Ok thought I'd ask. Thanks :)
BuckoA51 wrote:Given that it took SuperG months of testing/debugging to get his automatic switch working with everyone's stuff, I'd say no, do not purchase.
It appears that superg has only used the manual version. I was wondering if this might explain why some people like this SCART switch and others don't. Maybe it's the manual one that has the problem and not the automatic one? ... Maybe??
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I meant SuperG spent months of testing/debugging to get GScart to work properly. If it took him months to get that right, do you think buying an off the shelf auto SCART switch is likely to work well with your consoles? Probably not.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

BuckoA51 wrote:I meant SuperG spent months of testing/debugging to get GScart to work properly. If it took him months to get that right, do you think buying an off the shelf auto SCART switch is likely to work well with your consoles? Probably not.
Ha! Ah ok understood. Good point :)
LDigital

gscartsw: automatic 8:1 SCART-RGB switch

Post by LDigital »

I have probably tried every commercially available switch you can imagine and I use to have a manual bandridge and had to do the fix because the channel 5 issue does exist on the manual.

I since got 2x automatic versions chained into eachother and every port is now full. This is the best switch I have ever used. Flawless switching and no crosstalk or signal loss. I would highly recommend and since getting this, I no longer need or want gscartsw. Seriously it's that good.

Happy to post a vid of my setup in action
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

LDigital wrote:I have probably tried every commercially available switch you can imagine and I use to have a manual bandridge and had to do the fix because the channel 5 issue does exist on the manual.

I since got 2x automatic versions chained into eachother and every port is now full. This is the best switch I have ever used. Flawless switching and no crosstalk or signal loss. I would highly recommend and since getting this, I no longer need or want gscartsw. Seriously it's that good.

Please do, I'd be interested to see how it is. I would like to know what step you did here and how easy you found it. I have programming knowledge and I have had a lot of experience building systems, but no skills with soldering or hardware manipulation like shown in the forum. Does port 5 work at all after the mod?
superg

Post by superg »

LDigital wrote:I have probably tried every commercially available switch you can imagine and I use to have a manual bandridge and had to do the fix because the channel 5 issue does exist on the manual.

Do you mind sharing some pics how does that "automatic" switch look like?
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

superg wrote:

Do you mind sharing some pics how does that "automatic" switch look like?
Oh good catch SuperG I didn't notice that. LDigital are you recommending the automatic or manual version then? There are some very knowledgeable people that have had bad issues with other automatic SCART switches before. Though no one appears to have tested this version yet.

If I was to ask someone to test it out before I purchased one. What should I tell them to try to ensure it works properly?
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Maybe it's the Bandridge SVB7733? It's a 3:1 automatic scart switcher that seems to sell for $60-70 USD on eBay. It's cheap enough that I'm real tempted to grab the one that's for sale in Canada...
superg

Post by superg »

phoenix79 wrote: Oh good catch SuperG I didn't notice that. LDigital are you recommending the automatic or manual version then? There are some very knowledgeable people that have had bad issues with other automatic SCART switches before. Though no one appears to have tested this version yet.

If I was to ask someone to test it out before I purchased one. What should I tell them to try to ensure it works properly?
Here is the thing, I don't think that bandridge 5:1 automatic version exists :).
He could refer to something else or misunderstanding the term "automatic".
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

superg wrote:Here is the thing, I don't think that bandridge 5:1 automatic version exists :).
He could refer to something else or misunderstanding the term "automatic".
Oh I know for a fact that it does. Hence my original question if I should go for one or the other. I was going to get the manual version before I read his reply as automatic ones are apparently quite hard to do right. I personally don't care I just want a good one that works :)
mickcris

Post by mickcris »

they exist but are no longer produced.. I used to have 2 but i think i only have one now that I no longer use. they are not as good as the gscartsw. i had trouble when i tried to daisy chain a couple together.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bandridge-Perf ... B0015YYN2Q
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

mickcris wrote:they exist but are no longer produced.. I used to have 2 but i think i only have one now that I no longer use. they are not as good as the gscartsw. i had trouble when i tried to daisy chain a couple together.

Ok so now there are two people that have tried them. So what would you say. Go for the Automatic or the Manual version? Does the Automatic version have the same issue problems as the manual one?
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

Oh and SuperG, how much do you sell the gscartsw for... well when they are available?
mickcris

Post by mickcris »

phoenix79 wrote:
mickcris wrote:they exist but are no longer produced.. I used to have 2 but i think i only have one now that I no longer use. they are not as good as the gscartsw. i had trouble when i tried to daisy chain a couple together.

Ok so now there are two people that have tried them. So what would you say. Go for the Automatic or the Manual version? Does the Automatic version have the same issue problems as the manual one?
I would go for neither. You may be fine if you are not trying to daisy chain 2 though. I never had an issue till i tired to do that. i have never used a manual version so I cannot comment on that.
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

I currently use two automatic 5 channel chained together with no issues, there is no sync loss, screen wobble, cross talk, interference or anything. They are superb.

I used to have a manual and did the fix which was needed due to my n64 powering on my snes via the scart which was really weird. Once I did the fix it stopped doing that and all 5 channels still worked. However I got the chance for some automatics and sold the manual.

I wouldn't hesitate on the auto's they are very good. I'll post a video tomorrow
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

mickcris wrote:I would go for neither. You may be fine if you are not trying to daisy chain 2 though. I never had an issue till i tired to do that. i have never used a manual version so I cannot comment on that.
5 SCART connections would be more than enough for me. Why would you not recommend this switch? Any suggestions on what to go for?
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

LDigital wrote:I currently use two automatic 5 channel chained together with no issues, there is no sync loss, screen wobble, cross talk, interference or anything. They are superb.

I used to have a manual and did the fix which was needed due to my n64 powering on my snes via the scart which was really weird. Once I did the fix it stopped doing that and all 5 channels still worked. However I got the chance for some automatics and sold the manual.
Since you had both and one had the issue. If I was to ask someone to test it out before I purchased it. What should I tell them to try to ensure it works before I get it?
LDigital wrote:I wouldn't hesitate on the auto's they are very good. I'll post a video tomorrow
superg

Post by superg »

But that one has buttons to choose the input, am I missing something?
Airs sent me this one and it's manual.
mickcris

Post by mickcris »

superg wrote:

But that one has buttons to choose the input, am I missing something?
Airs sent me this one and it's manual.
I'll see if I can find mine soon. I think you can select an input or it auto switches iirc. They both look similar. The auto needs a power adapter though and I think the manual does not
phoenix79 wrote:
mickcris wrote:I would go for neither. You may be fine if you are not trying to daisy chain 2 though. I never had an issue till i tired to do that. i have never used a manual version so I cannot comment on that.
5 SCART connections would be more than enough for me. Why would you not recommend this switch? Any suggestions on what to go for?
It would be fine if you aren't using more than 5. The only problem I had was when I daisy chained 2. But someone else said they were able to do that and not have a problem.
The switch isn't being produced anymore either so it may be hard to find one.

edit:
here are some pics of the automatic switch (SVB7735):
http://imgur.com/a/4hHz2

and here is a pic of the back of a manual switch (SVB7725) i found on google that i think came from this thread
http://i.imgur.com/NrMYJWU.jpg

as you can see they look pretty similar. the back of the automatic has the dc input jack though.
superg

Post by superg »

mickcris wrote: I'll see if I can find mine soon. I think you can select an input or it auto switches iirc. They both look similar. The auto needs a power adapter though and I think the manual does not

edit:

and here is a pic of the back of a manual switch (SVB7725) i found on google that i think came from this thread

as you can see they look pretty similar. the back of the automatic has the dc input jack though.
Oh, now I see, they look almost identical with an exception of a DC power jack.
Do you mind selling yours?
I'm curious how they've implemented automatic detection :)
LDigital

gscartsw: automatic 8:1 SCART-RGB switch

Post by LDigital »

As promised. Here is my vid of the 5 channel auto bandridge. Hopefully the vid works

Edit: apparently not. Let me see if I can host it somewhere

Edit2: my first ever YouTube!

https://youtu.be/utJWFZgodAA
mickcris

Post by mickcris »

superg wrote:
mickcris wrote: I'll see if I can find mine soon. I think you can select an input or it auto switches iirc. They both look similar. The auto needs a power adapter though and I think the manual does not

edit:

Oh, now I see, they look almost identical with an exception of a DC power jack.
I was thinking about it as I dont need it anymore. ill send you a pm.
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

superg wrote: Oh, now I see, they look almost identical with an exception of a DC power jack.
Any chance you could contact BuckoA51 with your findings when you're done so he can update his amazing website. I'm sure I wont be the only one who would like to know :)
LDigital wrote:As promised. Here is my vid of the 5 channel auto bandridge. Hopefully the vid works

Edit: apparently not. Let me see if I can host it somewhere

Edit2: my first ever YouTube!

https://youtu.be/utJWFZgodAA
Oh wow! You're a star! You two and mickcris are the only ones to try the Automatic version and neither of you report any problems.

I think the reason that people have such varying experiences with the Bandridge 5 Way SCART Selector is that some have the manual version (which needs to be fixed) and others have the automatic version (which apparently does not).

Ok after that I ordered the Automatic switch... I REALLY hope I chose wisely lol
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Last edited by Guspaz on Wed May 25, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickcris

Post by mickcris »

Guspaz wrote:Since there's a guy on eBay selling tons of the 5-way automatic switchers for 40 EUR (he's got a bunch of individual new-in-box, and a bunch of sealed boxes-of-five), I ordered one too. Shipping/fees will be a whole bunch, but I'm expecting the overall price to be around 115-120 CAD.

I've only got two SCART devices at present (PSX and SNES), I'll see how it goes and also let people know if I have any issues.
didn't see that listed as i wasn't searching worldwide. wonder if he found them in a warehouse or something. dont think they are making them anymore.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Last edited by Guspaz on Wed May 25, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
axlblazeadam

Post by axlblazeadam »

Finally got the time to hook up my two gscartswitches. Daisy chained them and everything works great without any problems (11+ consoles).
Now i can finally enjoy placing my scartswitches out of sight behind my console setup and not worry about switching.

Just wanted to thank you SuperG for a splendid product!!! Been waiting for a solution like this for years. Hopefully many more people can enjoy this switch in the future.
AndehX

Post by AndehX »

im eagerly awaiting the next preorders!