Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ApolloBoy

Re: Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

Post by ApolloBoy »

None of your posts are helping, if anything they show just how big of a weasel you truly are because you want to try to erase your past instead of properly acknowledging your mistakes and owning up to them.
lev11

Post by lev11 »

leonk wrote:A fellow AA forum member, and YouTuber I follow just posted a video on how to make a StarFox 2 SNES reproduction using the adapter board I talked about earlier. Said adapter boards are available for other SNES reproductions. It's 2016 people, there's no need to use wires with SNES reproductions. For your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkwpwHOoM0
Sorry everyone to drag this thread up again so soon after it dropped off the front page :?

@leonk great link, thanks for that. I notice the guy from famicomworld you linked to previously has done a SMD cartridge CIC adapter board. Do you know of any adapter board that allows a wireless fitment of that supercic cartridge 'key', PIC12F629, into the existing CIC PCB where the through-hole CICs are used?
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

ApolloBoy wrote:None of your posts are helping, if anything they show just how big of a weasel you truly are because you want to try to erase your past instead of properly acknowledging your mistakes and owning up to them.
I did acknowledge and own up. The problem is that you believe all the lies about me and expect me to apologize for those too. I'm not trying to erase any past. I'm trying to stop people from spamming myself and this community with useless comments, posts and media designed to generate anger towards others. If you can think of a better way to achieve that then please, let me know. I'm trying to stop all the negativity that happens in this community and replace it with actual help, instead of trying to paint certain people as a complete waste of time. This is a reasonable request. If you truly believe that I'm not all bad, then why is it so hard to believe that you might also be wrong about a lot of things that were said about me?

Would you please acknowledge that if you are actually wrong about me that you're doing myself and this community a lot of harm.

As hard as this may be for you to believe, nobody is beyond reason and constructive criticism. Nobody is out there to flat out screw people. Even among the worst examples I came across of other people doing this stuff, I refuse to believe that their only goal was to rip people off. It's the same reason why I believe that all of you people, even though you're inspiring a lot of hate and aren't helping, want to help.

I did everything people asked for. Once that was done, people did nothing on their side to stop any of this except for asking for even more from me. I don't know why people here think I'd want to reintegrate myself. It would be best to get out of the land of imagination and come down to the reality that I don't actively try to be a part of these places.

I also want to bring to light the fact that I really went out of my way to clear any issues up with skips before any of this even started, and he ignored it. People like skips actively look to make people appear as grossly exaggerated versions of the truth.

I'm sorry that skips is so sensitive about me telling philexile that I thought wrapping tinfoil around a rare chip was a bad idea. I wasn't trying to make skips look stupid, but skips took that as some sort of personal attack. I suggested that philexile just hire someone else to do it. Skips still became extremely angry about that. I don't think I'd ever seen someone get so angry over a comment like that before. People should agree to disagree with their opinions, which I rarely see happen in this community. With skips I felt like the moment I disagreed with him on something small he had to turn it into his personal war on me.

The problem with you and so many other people is you believe there's some evil hidden motive behind my requests and actions. This is because you believe in an imagined version of me that's untrue. For people to stop doing these things towards me they would have to believe that they were wrong about me, and that would make them look really bad. I understand that it's hard to admit you were wrong about a person after spending years saying bad things about that person. I have no interest in working for people who aren't aware of what to expect from me. I want any expectations to be current, instead of the outdated comments I receive that are based on lies.

Truthfully I don't really want to do this stuff again anyway because clearly I don't improve fast enough for this community, and that's fine. I completely understand that I don't fit or belong here. However just because I have different opinions doesn't mean that I'm a complete waste of time, that I want to rip people off and that I deserve all the spam I receive.

More importantly I want people to realize that I do care about helpful and constructive comments instead of the fictional version of myself that skips wants people to believe. Everyone in the world cares about constructive advice. There's no such thing as a person who doesn't care about good advice.

The moment someone wouldn't immediately apply skips' advice skips would treat that person as if the person didn't care about any good advice in the world. This is because in skips' world, skips is always right. Since this started I haven't received a single constructive comment, but I still receive lots of spam. You're using imagined evil motives that are untrue to justify doing some pretty bad things to others and to this community.

People in these places tend to get heated and instead of believing the reality that I just didn't know what I was doing and that some customers were unfair to me, they prefer to believe that I wanted to do horrible work and that I didn't care. People treat me like that's the sort of person I am even today.

If you could put a disclaimer in your posts instead of removing those images and suddenly everyone would stop spamming me as a result of that then I would be completely happy with that. Unfortunately that's not how people who come to these places act. Skips has really helped attract a lot of people to these places who are looking for someone to be angry towards. I've seen skips become very angry towards a person who didn't deserve it at all, just because this person didn't immediately apply skips' advice.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Drakon wrote:If you can think of a better way to achieve that then please, let me know.
That way would be to go out and do a couple of well executed mods, with fair prices and good customer service.

It's really all there is to it. Pretty simple, really.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

FinalBaton wrote:
Drakon wrote:If you can think of a better way to achieve that then please, let me know.
That way would be to go out and do a couple of well executed mods, with fair prices and good customer service.

I appreciate the suggestion but I've made it clear my goal isn't to get back into doing this. Fair prices and customer service are completely subjective. Nobody thought that maybe some customers had been really unfair towards me. I really don't want to be a part of a place that treats people this way. Thanks for the nice post.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Drakon wrote:
FinalBaton wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion but I've made it clear my goal isn't to get back into doing this. Fair prices and customer service are completely subjective. Nobody thought that maybe some customers had been really unfair towards me. I really don't want to be a part of a place that treats people this way. Thanks for the nice post.
Wether or not you want to get back in the modding community, my point still stands. It's the only way to get people to see you in a different light.

If people only have the earlier stuff to look at, then their opinion of you will be dictated by that.

You could always do a couple of good mods, and then stop doing them forever. As long as you do a bunch of good ones then you'll be fine.
Sorry if this is discouraging to hear, but I'm just telling it like it is.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

FinalBaton wrote:Wether or not you want to get back in the modding community, my point still stands. It's the only way to get people to see you in a different light.

If people only have the earlier stuff to look at, then their opinion of you will be dictated by that.

You could always do a couple of good mods, and then stop doing them forever. As long as you do a bunch of good ones then you'll be fine.
Sorry if this is discouraging to hear, but I'm just telling it like it is.
I posted pictures of recent work and it's completely ignored. Your idea doesn't work sir. Nobody will hire me anyway. People ignored plenty of happy testimonials of customer service and my prices that I had publicly posted which should count towards me not being terrible at customer service. People only focused on the worst examples they could find and ignored anything positive, and they continue doing so. There's plenty of good customer service in my earlier work that is overlooked. These threads aren't about being fair, they're about being negative.

It's not discouraging at all, it just all you ask for is already out there if you look hard enough.

The problem is that people here focus completely on bad examples and are over-sensitive about it.

If you actually believe that I have no interest in doing this then why's it so hard to erase those posts.

I posted one picture of three cleanly done jobs. Just because they were all in the same photo people only count it as one job. Posting that stopped nothing and it changed nothing. The only thing that happened was a bunch of off-topic criticism. The point of posting that picture was to show that the customer was happy, and that no excessive glue was used.

I know that there's way more good apples in this community than bad ones. The problem is that the bad apples try much harder to spread their views so they're the ones who get all of the attention.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Well, I've given my advice. Do a couple (maybe like 6 to 10 new comissions or so?) well executed mods where the client is happy with the service.
I don't have anything else to add. You do whatever you want with my advice.

Good day.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

FinalBaton wrote:Well, I've given my advice. Do a couple (maybe like 6 to 10 new comissions or so?) well executed mods where the client is happy with the service.
I don't have anything else to add. You do whatever you want with my advice.

Good day.
I seriously appreciate the comments, but nobody would hire me. This is mostly due to the communications breakdown that's happened once everyone started believing I'm only out there to rip people off. Everyone is happy to tell me to go do commission to prove the world wrong but none of the people suggesting I do that will commission me. You're giving me advice that can't be done and you're blaming it on me.

You see, when people don't trust me, nothing I do or say will make that change. It doesn't matter how many good examples I post. People have to be willing to trust me before their opinion about me can change.

Before this happened I had posted in one thread on my forum a bunch of happy customer testimonials about my work. That was and continues to be ignored. Since people believe I'm evil they probably think it's fake. I'm have no control over what people choose to believe.

The reality is people lost interest in hiring me so I could show that I had improved when people actively stalked me across every forum they could find me posting on. Any time someone posted publicly any interest in hiring me someone would come and derail the thread with links to the typical hate threads about me. The same thing would happen in my youtube comments. Skips knew this was going on and he encouraged it.

All the comments I receive are that I can't be trusted, I cover everything in glue, I should kill myself, people wanting to take legal action against me, etc.

I don't want to do more commissions. I just want useless angry comments to stop and this community to stop abusing people for putting themselves out there.
leonk

Post by leonk »

You seem to be very upset by the fact that people aren't hiring you anymore. You're also very upset by other individuals on this forum that criticize your past work (which you say you improved upon)

I'm wondering .. why are you taking this so personal? Every modder I know does it as a hobby. Just some extra beer money on the side. If people stop buying reproductions or system mods from me .. so what. I move on. I find new hobbies. Are system mods a primary source of income for you???

I love photography, I love home renovation projects .. I love spending time with my kids .. If this scene goes belly up, I'd be the least upset by it.

Why do you invest so much effort and time into writing massive posts, which very few people actually read. Or care. It's human nature.

I'm not trying to be critical .. just wondering.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

leonk wrote:You seem to be very upset by the fact that people aren't hiring you anymore. You're also very upset by other individuals on this forum that criticize your past work (which you say you improved upon)

I'm wondering .. why are you taking this so personal? Every modder I know does it as a hobby. Just some extra beer money on the side. If people stop buying reproductions or system mods from me .. so what. I move on. I find new hobbies. Are system mods a primary source of income for you???

I love photography, I love home renovation projects .. I love spending time with my kids .. If this scene goes belly up, I'd be the least upset by it.

Why do you invest so much effort and time into writing massive posts, which very few people actually read. Or care. It's human nature.

I'm not trying to be critical .. just wondering.
I really appreciate the questions instead of just coming to conclusions on your own. I don't want people to hire me. I just want harassment to stop, which I've been receiving for years. I'm sorry that I come off sounding different from what I mean. Not being hired doesn't upset me, thinking that treating a person this way being right is what upsets me.

Criticism doesn't bother me. It's just I get to see first hand how people interpret off-topic criticism when it's done in the wrong place. After your criticism people started sending me spam that I enjoy doing things in a more difficult and expensive way. If skips hadn't tried his hardest to make people believe that I don't listen to suggestions then instead I would be receiving comments like "hey did you know there's a better way to do this?", which would be great. This is the sort of comments I used to receive before this happened.

I never said I currently do things the best way possible. I just was pointing out that I stopped using excessive glue a long time ago and people still spam me about that because of dated pictures of my work.

If people stop buying from you they don't start sending you angry spam for the next three years, that probably would annoy you. I have plenty of other hobbies that I enjoy doing more.

You asking why I write such big posts is like asking why people would spend years posting bad things about me. Most normal people would be content making a few unhappy text-only posts and then moving on with their lives. Going out of their way to spread obvious lies, post pictures, videos, and continue the process for years is the real thing you should be questioning.
gojira54

Post by gojira54 »

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

These are the sort of posts that skips inspired. I don't know why people think that repeatedly pestering people over mistakes that were long since fixed will help anything. This is the behaviour that's very wrong with these places and it discourages many people from getting into this hobby.

People continue obsessing over any past mistake that they can dig up and ignore good things about the person. Even though I stopped using excessive glue years ago and posted pictures to prove it, people continue to still complain about it and automatically believe anything that's been posted about me. This sort of activity is really exclusive to this community, I don't know why.

It's strange that skips claims to be such a modest guy who wears his man pants and "rolls with the punches". Skips posted lies about me for years. As soon as I made a few posts saying the truth about skips, he completely freaked out at me.

Skips went crazy and decided to go after me on the internet because I disagreed with him over wrapping a rare chip in tinfoil. That's not exactly "rolling with the punches" or being even remotely mature. No single person is 100% right or 100% wrong, trying to force everyone to agree with you is what's wrong.

I've bumped into many people who I believed to be completely wrong. I'd offer these people my friendly advice. If people didn't take my advice or went around saying I'm wrong and I'm an idiot, I didn't mind. If I ever did blow up at anyone for having a different opinion then I'm really sorry, that's a really immature thing to do.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I've love for skips to post any time he was wrong about someone. Because in his mind that's never happened.

Why do skips and other people obsess over something that's proven to have been fixed a long time ago? It's because they never cared about any truth. It's just a bunch of lonely single men.

I've love for skips to try and justify spreading obvious lies about people, filling this wonderful community with useless crap.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:I've love for skips to post any time he was wrong about someone. Because in his mind that's never happened.

Why do skips and other people obsess over something that's proven to have been fixed a long time ago? It's because they never cared about any truth. It's just a bunch of lonely single men.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

It's old, like skips' style. In fact things would have been sorted out between myself and phonedork years ago had skips not told phonedork a bunch of lies in order to stop him from communicating with me. Doing these sorts of things only stops progress it doesn't make anything better. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe that anyone is out there only to screw people and doesn't care.

I'm glad that skips is proving that he really has no intent in doing anything other than wasting so many good people's time by generating anger based on lies.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

So this weekend a friend and I decided to get some pretty nice cigars and in the middle of an errand run we found this huge ass fucking lighter. It was pretty fucking awesome.

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips shot his uncle too, of course he acts like he had no other choice.

If skips is such a "real man" how come no women are interested in him? Maybe he's so manly only other men can appreciate it.

Once I had a chance to chat with phonedork without skips interfering with a bunch of made up bullsh#t, things were sorted out between us in record time.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Earlier that day we had also went out and shot the 1942 No. 4 Enfield I had just received. Surprisingly it functioned perfectly and was fairly accurate at 100 yards (even with me being way out of practice).

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I'd been trying to communicate with phonedork for years to sort things out between us but skips had really done his job persuading phonedork that talking to me like a normal person would get nowhere. Once phonedork realized that skips may have been wrong, we had things sorted out very quickly and easily.
Skips

Post by Skips »

This is my dog when he was just under two months old.

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Now skips seems to be obsessing over me pointing out off-topic posts and how people get distracted from what's important because of useless spam. Why won't skips just talk to me like a normal person about his views? More importantly, why does skips refuse to believe he's ever been wrong about someone?

I never had any problem admitting to and making up for my mistakes I made once I became skilled enough to realize them. Skips refuses to admit the mistakes he made regarding his opinions about myself and others in this community.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Posting these here for historical reasons

Drakon

Post by Drakon »

This is all old pictures, does skips actually think it bothers me?

Maybe skips needs to spam me with pictures and get it out of his system so he feels that we're even for me posting my modern picture a number of times. That's fair enough, although it's really immature.

If skips has a problem with someone I said I wish he'd just talk to me like a normal person and I'll be happy to remove anything that bothers him.

Personally I'd love for skips to do what phonedork did and think that he might just have been wrong about me. Once that happens then real progress will happen. Once you convince yourself that a person is beyond reason then it's impossible for you to be fair towards that person.

Looking at the title of this thread I thought this thread is about my current work, not obsessing over past mistakes. Regardless I'm sorry for the horrible quality work I did in the past.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Back in December we had our first below freezing night of the year and unfortunately something clogged the oil pump in my 2000 Dodge Durango. It wasn't clogged long but was just long enough to spin bearing 8 in the engine. Unfortunately this repair would have cost more than the vehicle was worth so I decided to buy a newer car. All vehicles I have owned in the past have been older cars with 50,000+ Miles on them (the Durango had 125,000 miles on it when I got it in 2009) so this time I decided to actually take out a loan and buy something a little bit less used.

I ended up going with the 2014 Dodge Charger. Nothing super fancy but it had 28,000 miles on it and was in pretty darn clean condition.

Skips

Post by Skips »

I also forgot to mention, the wiring in the charger is free of hot glue.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Why would skips think that these things bother me? They're not relevant at all.

Trying to pass off any attempt by a person to defend himself as him spamming seems to be a technique used to stop people from listening to that person.

If skips has a problem with me that he doesn't want to work out like civilized people then I'd love to at least take it into private message so this thread stops being spammed. I've sent skips a friendly pm to initiate that.
Skips

Post by Skips »

the answer is
Spoiler
no
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips I realize that I made you angry. And I'm sorry for that. I want to make things better, but for that to happen you have to be willing to work with me. I find the useless comments I receive just as annoying as you find my posts. I want nothing more than for both of them to stop.

The way you act really makes it appear as if you want all the spam I receive to happen and you don't want to find a way for it to stop. I'm sorry if I'm wrong about you, I'd love for you to prove me wrong.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.