Hellsinker English patch RELEASED!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MathU

Re: Hellsinker English patch RELEASED!

Post by MathU »

What I would really like is animated GIFs of those things spinning.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Awesome work, Cadrin. I'm definitely going to use that for a background! :D
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

MathU wrote:What I would really like is animated GIFs of those things spinning.
Me too, friend, me too. One day... (That would have to be a really large .gif, though.)
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...
Barrakketh

Post by Barrakketh »

Cadrin wrote:
MathU wrote:What I would really like is animated GIFs of those things spinning.
Me too, friend, me too. One day... (That would have to be a really large .gif, though.)
That's about the time when it is appropriate to load up the images in Avisynth and create a video instead of a gif.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

speaking of looking in the exe, if anyone ever finds out what the dialogue in the shrine of farewell says, could they post it?
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
matteste

Post by matteste »

Cadrin wrote:Okay, I've got this. Once again, thanks so much.

There's some scrapped stuff in the .paks in "bmp" folder that nobody has mentioned before. Like some "Forbidden Seal" in the Shrine of Farewell. Or the names for another set of three attacks. Maybe there were originally five relics planned for the Shrine, I don't know.

It also contains the texts of all the endings. That matteste guy was interested in them - and for good reason, it seems. I'm not sure what I'm reading, but I'm almost sure those texts contain many answers. Guess I should show them to him. He's the only one who tends to Hellsinker's TVtropes page. It's not the wiki, but the wiki is dilapidated and abandoned, so I guess there's no better source of information.

There are actually eight endings in the game, it seems. Including the most popular "empty" ending you get for beating the true last boss. That's odd. Three of them seem to be specifically about Deadliar, Minogame and Fossil Maiden. Maybe there's one about Kagura as well, it's hard to tell. That leaves four other endings. One for Rex Cavalier, and three for levels 0, 1 and 2 of Garland, I guess.

Curious...
Those texts are almost indecipherable without context, though. I guess you have to beat the game yourself in order to connect the dots properly.
Sounds like an interesting find. I've been now trying to decipher it and it will sure keep me busy for a while. However one thing I did find was what looked like a scrapped version of Rusted Dragon. The only problem I have so far are the .CTX files. Although I haven't found the parts with the text that is spoken by the characters in the Shrine of Farewell yet.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Good to see someone is looking into this. Be sure to post the results, okay?
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
matteste

Post by matteste »

Cadrin wrote:Thanks Mauve, that helps. And yeah, I guess I'll just look for those messages myself.

Also, I've just spent over 9000 hours in GIMP to remake by hand the third menu, using the Garland logo .bmp found in tests.pak, and turn it into a wallpaper: check it out! It's not very good, because the original graphic is 512x512, so this 2560x1600 wallpaper is blurry, but I couldn't sharpen it without messing up the colours. I hardly ever make any images.

EDIT: fixed the wallpaper a bit (it cut out at the bottom inexplicably)
Hmm, Link is dead it seems.
mauve

Post by mauve »

.CTX files have some light encryption. We maintained that encryption. Have fun figuring it out yourself, I'm not helping on this one.

Shrine of Farewell dialogue is in the executable, like all the other text in the game.

All of this stuff is on the jp wiki guys... admittedly not in English.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

That's just cruel. :cry:

edit: I've found a way to look in the executable, but how do I look at the files inside?
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

I'm too lazy to look into the files these days. I have that hex editor installed, but haven't gotten around to actually using it yet. I'm also pretty busy with my studies, and decryption sounds like something pretty hard to figure out with no knowledge on the subject. But that does sound exciting.

It's been a while since I last played Hellsinker. My skills are somewhat rusty. I couldn't even beat my score as Minogame. I think I'll focus on beating the game with all characters for now, try to match the ending texts to appropriate executors. This game really tells one of the most elaborate stories as far as shmups go, doesn't it?

As for the wallpapers... Apparently Anonmgur deletes stuff after a while. That's a disappointment, but I should have seen that coming. Let's try rehosting on that service I never heard of called postimage: HERE.
Sorry for the humongous 2560x1600 resolution. I forgot to mention it when I first uploaded, but I left it to you to crop or resize it to your liking. I have a 1680x1050 display resolution myself and just centering the graphics without resizing works nicely for me.

While we're at it, I also converted the "DRIVING FACTOR" menu theme's background into wallpaper format, but never bothered to post it. I don't really like how it looks like when you see so it zoomed out like that, but HERE IT IS anyway.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I forgot to mention that I found some unused sounds in the wav section (at least I haven't heard them ingame. maybe I missed them) called kita 2, 3, and 4. The first kita is just the alarm, but the next three are eerie voices. Similar to the "you all die here" heard in the shrine, and at the beginning of the queens true form. I'm unable to make out what their saying. Anybody have any idea?

edit: about the 3 unused shrine attacks: they're likely to have belonged to the 5th boss, an anthropomorphic wolf with a katana, as seen on the english wiki next to million and nine lives. I refer to him as zero lives, but I just made that up. How did you open those?
matteste

Post by matteste »

From what I understand of the Level 2 Satisfaction Endings it seems that the 4 endings are connected to each other in some way and when put together form a larger picture. But this is just speculations on my part. Seriously, out of all the texts in the game, these seems to be the most convoluted.
Barrakketh

Post by Barrakketh »

Cadrin wrote:I'm too lazy to look into the files these days. I have that hex editor installed, but haven't gotten around to actually using it yet. I'm also pretty busy with my studies, and decryption sounds like something pretty hard to figure out with no knowledge on the subject.
Well, you shouldn't really need any real knowledge of cryptography. You need to know x86 ASM since the game itself needs to know how to decrypt the files (or contents of said files), and it is just some XOR encryption.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I'm posting everything interesting I was able to find in the exe. Ignore the strange characters. I used notepad.

I found this in the same file that contains all of the stage dialogue called .tldata. I think it might be the text that displays after you beat the dragon for the first time, but I'm not sure.

Code: Select all

We are Scion.       ÿÿÿÿ   We are the last voice of man.       ÿÿÿÿ   We remain here as proof.    ÿÿÿÿ   See our forms.      ÿÿÿÿ-   Heart of stone. Blood of tar. Flesh of steel.       ÿÿÿÿ$   We no longer think. We cannot think.    ÿÿÿÿ-   We cannot begrudge abandoning all for prayer.       ÿÿÿÿ   Yes. We are machines of prayer.     ÿÿÿÿ(   Repeating our last wish again and again,    ÿÿÿÿ   we became machines.     ÿÿÿÿ,   We do not wish for destruction at your hands    ÿÿÿÿ!   as we do not seek to destroy you.       ÿÿÿÿ   Desire lingers...       ÿÿÿÿ   You, and us.    ÿÿÿÿ   How many times has it been?     ÿÿÿÿ,   How many more times must you seek an answer?    ÿÿÿÿ&   How many more times must you call back      ÿÿÿÿ        ÿÿÿÿ   The bodies can but pray on...       ÿÿÿÿ   Even if all is to erode away.       ÿÿÿÿ1   Now, go on. We are the frail Scions. Pierced with       ÿÿÿÿ.   a thousand arrows, cut with a thousand swords.      ÿÿÿÿ    Until dawn separates us at last.    ÿÿÿÿ   All is as its Dignity!      ÿÿÿÿ)   "Will this thread...bring us to the end?"       ÿÿÿÿ/   "The child can only love. Why was it abandoned?     ÿÿÿÿ/   "We are but signs. We do not regret our defeat.     ÿÿÿÿ1   "We will wait...until dawn blots out the castle."       ÿÿÿÿ0   "Our prayers are not needed. Their use is lost."    ÿÿÿÿ3   "Our choice was without reason...but not a gamble."     ÿÿÿÿ%   "The gate will open. As its Dignity."       ÿÿÿÿ,   "May dawn end the silent King who binds us!"    ÿÿÿÿ2   "It is well...for this is how we built ourselves."      ÿÿÿÿ;   "We are the sign of glory. Our prayers are for the victor."     

I think this is the shrines dialogue, but I'm not sure which text goes with which character. You guys might be able to help.

...why?     ÿÿÿÿ   Why this time, and why here?    ÿÿÿÿ   It is peaceful and good. But is     ÿÿÿÿ   it not unsuited to you? It is a     ÿÿÿÿ'   graveyard of things you no longer need.     ÿÿÿÿ   You have found us again, as we      ÿÿÿÿ   float in this vague ocean, our      ÿÿÿÿ    meaning lost. Are you happy now?    ÿÿÿÿ   We greet you, our juniors. That     ÿÿÿÿ#   is the proper way, yes? It has been     ÿÿÿÿ"   long since we met. Shall we begin?      ÿÿÿÿ    I have been called a demon, too.    ÿÿÿÿ$   But I cannot hope to compare to you.    ÿÿÿÿ%   Though, that is what I mean to think.       ÿÿÿÿ   You desire us even now,     ÿÿÿÿ   though you avert your eyes.     ÿÿÿÿ   How cute you are!       ÿÿÿÿ"   Shall I begin by expressing my joy      ÿÿÿÿ'   at the fact that I am still remembered?     ÿÿÿÿ#   Even if it is by my bitter enemies.     ÿÿÿÿ   There are too many things that      ÿÿÿÿ"   only I remember. I cannot tell how      ÿÿÿÿ!   much you learn from what you see.       ÿÿÿÿ!   We are a scrap, having understood       ÿÿÿÿ    meaning and fate, beholden to no    ÿÿÿÿ"   one, an illusion before your eyes.      ÿÿÿÿ   Hahaha, yes, it is so. There is     ÿÿÿÿ   no meaning to your actions. You     ÿÿÿÿ!   merely seek what you do not have.       ÿÿÿÿ!   Even this body is but a transient       ÿÿÿÿ$   shadow of the hopes of days gone by.    ÿÿÿÿ'   Tell me, what does my shadow look like?     ÿÿÿÿ"   The time has come, and we must go.      ÿÿÿÿ'   We have not waited so in a long time...     ÿÿÿÿ%   Perhaps we have remembered nostalgia.       ÿÿÿÿ   Oh, I guess we're out of time.      ÿÿÿÿ&   Maybe we should have stuck together...      ÿÿÿÿ   Well, whatever. Let's go!       ÿÿÿÿ    Oh! Is it my turn? Aah...this is    ÿÿÿÿ   a confusing area, isn't it?     ÿÿÿÿ$   I suppose that's not my line. Ahaha.    ÿÿÿÿ"   No, no, no! You came all this way,      ÿÿÿÿ   I'm the one who didn't respond!     ÿÿÿÿ%   Sorry, but I think I'm your opponent.       ÿÿÿÿ#   By the way, did you find my partner     ÿÿÿÿ&   yet? She's the same height, and you'll      ÿÿÿÿ   know her by her sharp tongue.
Interesting bit in .itext. Ignore the junk near the end.

...and Them called It [HellSinker]. ...and Them called It HellSinker.   ‘½d‚É‹N“®‚³‚ê‚悤‚Æ‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½B‚±‚¿‚瑤‚ðI—¹‚µ‚Ü‚·  ÿÿÿÿ   HellSinker.
I believe that these are all the random sentences that scroll in the background of The Way of All Flesh. I don't recall seeing the caps text ingame, though, so I think its unused. I found this in .text.

You need not hurry, We've got all the time in the world.    ÿÿÿÿ#   My memory has failed sadly of late. ÿÿÿÿ   He is violently pessimistic.    ÿÿÿÿ   It is wildly unlikely.  ÿÿÿÿ9   There is all the difference in the world between the two.   ÿÿÿÿ&   make an unholy fuss about very little.  ÿÿÿÿ,   Dear me! What a sorry mess everything is in!    ÿÿÿÿ!   The painting is a rank imitation.   ÿÿÿÿ   a gross mistake.    ÿÿÿÿ   a crushing bore.    ÿÿÿÿ   with no earthly reason. ÿÿÿÿ   be crass ignorance. ÿÿÿÿ   every trick in the book.    ÿÿÿÿ*   They have all the advantages in the world.  ÿÿÿÿ   go native. go bust. ÿÿÿÿ7   The proposal came one vote short of unanimous approval. ÿÿÿÿ?   I can't reach the buttons on the back. Will you do them for me? ÿÿÿÿA   So many movies have had this plot that it has been done to death.   ÿÿÿÿ%   Things don't go so well in real life.   ÿÿÿÿ,   It will go hard with him if he is found out.    ÿÿÿÿ=   It makes no difference no matter which way the election goes.   ÿÿÿÿ.   some people still can go without paying taxes.  ÿÿÿÿ   look full in the face.  ÿÿÿÿ   The sun shone in our faces. ÿÿÿÿ   One and one makes one.  ÿÿÿÿ   These make a pair.  ÿÿÿÿ   make the passing mark.  ÿÿÿÿ$   The seal is missing on the document.    ÿÿÿÿ+   The lace on one of my shoes had god undone. ÿÿÿÿ%   I wouldn't want to be quoted on this.   ÿÿÿÿ0   I'm not much on putting those things into words.    ÿÿÿÿ   be short on imagination.    ÿÿÿÿ-   It seems he got mixed up on his instructions.   ÿÿÿÿ*   Who is going to take you up on your offer!  ÿÿÿÿ!   He erred grossly on that problem.   ÿÿÿÿ   a toy balloon on a string.  ÿÿÿÿ   a dog on a chain.   ÿÿÿÿ   be a black mark.    ÿÿÿÿH   He is the sort of man whose personal charm grows on you on acquaintance.    ÿÿÿÿ)   It was a good joke, but fell flat on him.   ÿÿÿÿ   The mood grew on me.    ÿÿÿÿ   My mind was not on it.  ÿÿÿÿ   be borne in on one. ÿÿÿÿ
   Shame on you!   ÿÿÿÿ   an experiment on animals.   ÿÿÿÿ.   It is too late to perform an operation on him.  ÿÿÿÿ   You ought to be harder on him.  ÿÿÿÿ   Acids act upon metals.  ÿÿÿÿ   It is unfair on you.    ÿÿÿÿ   His voice grates upon my ear.   ÿÿÿÿ   The drinks are on me.   ÿÿÿÿ4   Do you know you are taking a great deal on yourself?    ÿÿÿÿ   Don't tell on me.   ÿÿÿÿ#   She seems to have something on him. ÿÿÿÿ   play a neat trick on a person.  ÿÿÿÿ   get die on a person.    ÿÿÿÿ   They have nothing on us.    ÿÿÿÿ   Age has begun to tell on me.    ÿÿÿÿ)   No use trying to pull such a trick on me.   ÿÿÿÿ   be on trial.    ÿÿÿÿ-   He is unable to hold anything on his stomach.   ÿÿÿÿ   The scene was on.   ÿÿÿÿ,   I lay awake thinking over it all last night.    ÿÿÿÿ*   I had to rack my brains over that problem.  ÿÿÿÿ   She hesitated over her answer.  ÿÿÿÿ"   ride roughshod over the objection.  ÿÿÿÿ   Don't pull that line on me. ÿÿÿÿ   pull a sanctimonious face.  ÿÿÿÿ   He never pulls his rank.    ÿÿÿÿ   We are running short of gas.    ÿÿÿÿ   Time is running short on me.    ÿÿÿÿ   One's devil's luck runs out.    ÿÿÿÿ    Finally she ran out of patience.    ÿÿÿÿ   The watch has run down. ÿÿÿÿ   let one's imagination run riot. ÿÿÿÿ%   run short of topics for conversation.   ÿÿÿÿ%   That is not the way the world is run.   ÿÿÿÿ    run a machine at a high voltage.    ÿÿÿÿ   run a person on a lie detector. ÿÿÿÿ   leave a motor running.  ÿÿÿÿ#   He stands small chance against you. ÿÿÿÿJ   Kids run a high temperature over nothing in particular and snap out of it.  ÿÿÿÿ#   investigate a matter to the ground. ÿÿÿÿ   criticize severely. ÿÿÿÿ   You are worn to a shadow.   ÿÿÿÿ   boring to distraction.  ÿÿÿÿ   It has been done to death.  ÿÿÿÿ*   The bag was filled to bursting with sugar.  ÿÿÿÿ   They were killed to a man.  ÿÿÿÿ   It is done to a turn.   ÿÿÿÿ"   There is another side to the coin.  ÿÿÿÿ&   There's not enough depth to the story.  ÿÿÿÿ   There is more to it than that.  ÿÿÿÿ!   There was no jerk to his motions.   ÿÿÿÿ!   That is about all there is to it.   ÿÿÿÿ   The words had an ironical ring. ÿÿÿÿ   Have you any clue to work on?   ÿÿÿÿ   The brakes refused to work. ÿÿÿÿ,   The machine was still in fine working order.    ÿÿÿÿ    The plan worked remarkably well.    ÿÿÿÿ,   It is very well in theory, but will it work?    ÿÿÿÿ   His reason ceased to work.  ÿÿÿÿ    Flattery will not work with him.    ÿÿÿÿ*   It might work and again it might not work.  ÿÿÿÿ!   I'm afraid it won't work so well.   ÿÿÿÿ   Our plan worked successful. ÿÿÿÿ   The trick won't work with him.  ÿÿÿÿ   The handle doesn't work.    ÿÿÿÿ,   The warning seemed to work most effectively.    ÿÿÿÿ   Her face worked fiercely.   ÿÿÿÿ   The screw had worked loose. ÿÿÿÿ!   work a spear through one's hands.   ÿÿÿÿ   They will work you to death.    ÿÿÿÿ0   He worked on a smile that didn't quite come off.    ÿÿÿÿ2   There is no knowing how that will work itself out.  ÿÿÿÿ   This problem will not work out. ÿÿÿÿ   The safe opened to the key. ÿÿÿÿ   a ticket to a movie.    ÿÿÿÿ   exit to applause.   ÿÿÿÿ*   The medicine worked into the wounded skin.  ÿÿÿÿ   Oh! I'm inside out! ÿÿÿÿ   You are unzipped.   ÿÿÿÿ   No stopover on this ticket. ÿÿÿÿ.   try to enter a country on an expired passport.  ÿÿÿÿ"   I'll come again when you are free.  ÿÿÿÿ&   The question is who will bell the cat.  ÿÿÿÿ9   The fact that he was sick was not very impressive to her.   ÿÿÿÿ   You asked for it.   ÿÿÿÿ   untie a tight knot. ÿÿÿÿ)   The girl couldn't word her feelings well.   ÿÿÿÿ!   Does he really mean it? I wonder.   ÿÿÿÿ   Let him do his worst.   ÿÿÿÿ   a would-be kindness.    ÿÿÿÿ    Did she agree with you?    ÿÿÿÿ   Turn your face toward me.   ÿÿÿÿ'   I don't think I can do it,but I'll try. ÿÿÿÿ,   What is true of them is equally true of you.    ÿÿÿÿ,   They trumped up a charge to put him in jail.    ÿÿÿÿ*   Think it over carefully before you decide.  ÿÿÿÿ   What are you talking about? ÿÿÿÿ%   He bothered me with stupid questions.   ÿÿÿÿ   Can it really be mine?  ÿÿÿÿ"   Don't calculate on me helping you.  ÿÿÿÿ!   No one called my attention to it.   ÿÿÿÿ#   Watch when you talk about religion. ÿÿÿÿ   You have the advantage of me.   ÿÿÿÿ-   They shouted to the utmost of their strength.   ÿÿÿÿ2   She never gave utterance to her personal feelings.  ÿÿÿÿ,   There were very few passengers in the train.    ÿÿÿÿ,   How much use did you get out of the machine?    ÿÿÿÿ,   It's not us that tried to upset their plans.    ÿÿÿÿ)   There was a chasm yawning in front of us.   ÿÿÿÿ   Let me see,where was I? ÿÿÿÿ   Where did the plan go wrong?    ÿÿÿÿ"   work out one's idea of one's role.  ÿÿÿÿ   To live is to suffer.   ÿÿÿÿ   This is playing with words. ÿÿÿÿ   I know what you mean.   ÿÿÿÿ   What do you see?    ÿÿÿÿ$   You ought to have been more careful.    ÿÿÿÿ   You need not have come. ÿÿÿÿ   Who do you think you are?   ÿÿÿÿ#   I have no idea what the word means. ÿÿÿÿ   PLEASE ENTER ANY IDENTIFY CODE. ÿÿÿÿ   HIRO.T  ÿÿÿÿ   O.K.    ÿÿÿÿ   CLOSE INITIALIZE SEQUENCE.  ÿÿÿÿ   AND ÿÿÿÿ   BEGIN TO LOG ON ÿÿÿÿ   B.L.GHOST STRATEGY RECORDER.    ÿÿÿÿ   HAIL TO YOU,MY FELLOW.  ÿÿÿÿ    I DON'T KNOW YOUR INFERNAL DAYS.    ÿÿÿÿ   HOWEVER,    ÿÿÿÿ   THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN   ÿÿÿÿ   'CAUSE I'M ALWAYS CLOSE TO YOU. ÿÿÿÿ   SO,YOUR PAIN IS MINE.   ÿÿÿÿ   KEEP YOUR DIGNITY.  ÿÿÿÿ   CONFIRM UNIQUE IDENTIFY CODE.   ÿÿÿÿ   HIRO.T  ÿÿÿÿ   O.K.    ÿÿÿÿ   FINISH TO LOG ON    ÿÿÿÿ   B.L.GHOST STRATEGY RECORDER.    ÿÿÿÿ   AND ÿÿÿÿ   CLOSE FINALIZE SEQUENCE.    ÿÿÿÿ   HULLO,DEAR MY FELLOW.   ÿÿÿÿ   I KNOW YOUR INFERNAL DAYS.  ÿÿÿÿ   HOWEVER,    ÿÿÿÿ   THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN   ÿÿÿÿ   'CAUSE I'M ALWAYS CLOSE TO YOU. ÿÿÿÿ   SO,YOUR PAIN IS MINE.   ÿÿÿÿ   KEEP YOUR DIGNITY.  ÿÿÿÿ$   [GARLAND SYSTEM 3.0] FRONTEND MODULE    ÿÿÿÿ   WILL BE SHUTDOWN.   ÿÿÿÿ   BYE-BYE. 
This is from the area where the names of the enemies are kept. I believe this is the true name of the glitched kaleidoscope.

A HUGE TREE. PLEASE PROTECT US. AND LEAD US IN THE FUTURE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN YET.   ÿÿÿÿ2   THE WORLD DOES NOT MOVE. IT MOVES ONLY INSIDE YOU.  ÿÿÿÿ7   WHEN YOU CONNECT POINT TO POINT.IT IS ALL OF THE WORLD. ÿÿÿÿ6   ON THE MOON.LOOKING FOR A LOST DREAM.BUT TIME IS GONE.  ÿÿÿÿ   THEREFORE THEY CRY. ÿÿÿÿ   I HAVE NOTHING TO DO OBEY.  ÿÿÿÿ   BECAUSE I AM NOTHING.   ÿÿÿÿ   HOWEVER.THAT WAS SAD...
I believe thats all, as far as text goes. There's more in .text, but I believe none of it is of interest, though I may be wrong.

edit: one thing I forgot to look for/didn't find is the list of names that flashes really fast as the glowing orb's name at the end of the shrine. I'm pretty sure that none of what I posted here qualifies.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Why not directly posting the .txt of whatever text you find?
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Lord Satori wrote:I don't recall seeing the caps text ingame, though, so I think its unused.
I believe the caps text there is supposed to be for the initial start-up sequence when you launch HELLSINKER for the first time. It also displays again when you 1CC the game and clear both extra stages and quit the game. The scene will pop up just before closing the game.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

O. Van Bruce wrote:Why not directly posting the .txt of whatever text you find?
The .text file is a god awful gigantic abomination that takes ages to scroll through. Or are you saying put what I find in a new text file? I COULD do that, but there are always people who are too lazy to download it, and this way ensures that most everyone will look at it.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

oh why they dont release eng patch for newer hellsinker?

that would be fun using shift to slow instead of V on my keyboard.....

Lord Satori wrote:I'm posting everything interesting I was able to find in the exe. Ignore the strange characters. I used notepad.
I believe that's all, as far as text goes. There's more in .text, but I believe none of it is of interest, though I may be wrong.

edit: one thing I forgot to look for/didn't find is the list of names that flashes really fast as the glowing orb's name at the end of the shrine. I'm pretty sure that none of what I posted here qualifies.

or also these are the text that displayed when you rage quitting in the middle of fighting boss

after you pressing alt + f4 on certain boss, instead of program exiting, it display some text message... and after you read it, the program will exit

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Because it would require way to much effort for little gain.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I guess you guys like keeping your findings to yourselves... that isn't fair.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

first time i thought that text_e was something to do with the game translation. So i copy text_e over the original text folder but then after i see this thread and actually the texts are also embedded on the main program exe then i realized that im doing it wrong....

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

asu_tenan wrote:oh why they dont release eng patch for newer hellsinker?

that would be fun using shift to slow instead of V on my keyboard.....
Mauve said earlier in this thread that it is really complicated to work on Hellsinker's code. And the new patch changed some addresses. So he would have to make sure that every single line of the translated text, and of game's code, has a good address. And there is quite a lot of text in this game. Something like that.

You can run VJoy every time you play, and use the program to bind shift to button 5, or whichever button you assigned to slow movement in HS_config.
Lord Satori wrote:I guess you guys like keeping your findings to yourselves... that isn't fair.
Why? What findings about the game exactly are we keeping to ourselves? I was going to assign the texts in the Shrine of Farewell to their corresponding characters, but got tired of re-running the segment over and over again, then make a single screenshot during a particular attack and hope I see some characters there that only exist in one of the 16 or so lines used in the Shrine. I imagine there exists a more efficient way of doing that, but I'm not that great with computers. Perhaps a program for taking screenshots automatically would help.

Besides, there isn't exactly that much to find, I think. It may be important for better understanding of the game's story, but I don't think there's that much left for us to dig up. Just assign the texts in the Shrine and the monologues to the endings. I would do the latter, but I keep trying to do a scoring run every time I play instead of being a sensible person and playing for survival, and I end up game overing before even reaching Segment 8.

By the way:
I found this in the same file that contains all of the stage dialogue called .tldata. I think it might be the text that displays after you beat the dragon for the first time, but I'm not sure.
I think you're right. I don't want to erase my save again to see if that's true. Besides, all that text just flashes by in a matter of seconds. Good to see it again. Looks like it's the prayers addressing the executors and talking a bit about who they are.

I also missed that:
This is from the area where the names of the enemies are kept. I believe this is the true name of the glitched kaleidoscope.
It kinda looked like a garbled "floccinaucinihilipilification." in-game to me, but I don't know anymore. It was so long ago...

And as for your edit:
None of that qualifies indeed. It's a bunch of gibberish, Mauve already said that. One of the names is Eid the Endlessly Accelerating Undertaker. The full list is in one of the .bmps in tests_e.pak. I uploaded it for you so that you don't have to look for it.

...Take from those names what you will.

EDIT:
Why the hell are there patterns in the sentences from The Way of All Flesh? some words are repeated incessantly in 2-20 sentences in a row...

1. GO (4)
2. FACE (2)
3. MAKE (3)
4. ON (10)
5. ON (24)
6. OVER (4)
7. PULL (3)
8. RUN (11)
9. TO (11)
10. WORK (24)

I seriously hope this is not a riddle.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

You can run VJoy every time you play, and use the program to bind shift to button 5, or whichever button you assigned to slow movement in HS_config.
Ok thanks... gotta try it... pressing v each time i want to dodge intense bullet is not a joy at all...
Perhaps a program for taking screenshots automatically would help.
Why don't you just use video capturing program liek fraps. or for free alternatije, use razer game booster...

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Or be like me and play while using no slow at all~ :mrgreen:
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

hey Cadrin, can you give me tutorial how to map shift key for the slow button with vjoy please? This applciation looks confusing. I downloaded vJoy2.0.2Apps and extract it and i got bunch of exes. Wtf is client conf demo and feeder thing is? man this is crazy

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

My God, what did you download? I got version 1.1 from the site that looked the most legitimate, like the developer's website. From here. Apparently, version 1.2 is the latest. What the hell is ver. 2.0.2? I wouldn't touch that thing you downloaded if I were you.

Just go to the website I linked, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "VJoy Virtual Joystick Driver v1.2", download it, install it, read the manual. It's a simple program, so you should have no problems.
Rex Cavalier wrote:Or be like me and play while using no slow at all~ :mrgreen:
So you use Automatic speed control, then? Well it's... okay, I guess, but it's probably better to have a more precise control of your movements.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

Cadrin wrote:My God, what did you download? I got version 1.1 from the site that looked the most legitimate, like the developer's website. From here. Apparently, version 1.2 is the latest. What the hell is ver. 2.0.2? I wouldn't touch that thing you downloaded if I were you.

Just go to the website I linked, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "VJoy Virtual Joystick Driver v1.2", download it, install it, read the manual. It's a simple program, so you should have no problems.

well it looks like i googled the wrong software. Instead that site you give to me, i downloaded it from here. It looks like mine and yours are compeletly different, but they have same software name. This is so misleading...

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Cadrin wrote:
Rex Cavalier wrote:Or be like me and play while using no slow at all~ :mrgreen:
So you use Automatic speed control, then?
Nope, it's set to momentary and i don't use slow button, i always have played it that way, i am crazy. :P
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Cadrin wrote:Thanks Mauve, that helps. And yeah, I guess I'll just look for those messages myself.

Also, I've just spent over 9000 hours in GIMP to remake by hand the third menu, using the Garland logo .bmp found in tests.pak, and turn it into a wallpaper: check it out! It's not very good, because the original graphic is 512x512, so this 2560x1600 wallpaper is blurry, but I couldn't sharpen it without messing up the colours. I hardly ever make any images.

Next up: the second and fourth menus. It's not that hard.
second menu: LINK

EDIT: fixed the wallpaper a bit (it cut out at the bottom inexplicably)
EDIT: updated dead links (seriously hope they don't 404 on me again), added the second menu wallpaper
Those are some great wallpapers. Especially if you use "Windows Inverted" for your mouse pointer.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"