Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
MrMonkeyMan

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

They'll keep appearing as fast as you can kill them.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Ah excellent! Looks like I have some training to do. ;)
Actually I tried verifying this yesterday by playing 2-player so I have double fire power (dual-wielding wiimotes, movement set to d-pad), but it wasn't obvious then.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Does finishing the game on Hard unlock anything? I barely finished the game on Normal, so I'm not sure if I want to try Hard just yet, but a nice unlockable might prove a good incentive. :)
ryu

Post by ryu »

You can unlock stuff buy playing through the game with both Isa and Kachi separately. You'll get another mode then that will unlock some more stuff when beaten.

Only thing about hard mode I know is that it is indeed very hard. If you were only able to barely make it through the game's normal mode I wouldn't suggest picking up hard mode just yet.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Well, it's no 25 million, but at least I'm ruling Europe and the Americas! :D

Btw, what's that mechanical thing in the bottom right corner on the leaderboards page supposed to be? It looks a little like Transformed Isa's foot, but that doesn't make sense. :P
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

Isn't that the bike Isa rides in stage 5?
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Ah, yes of course!
guigui

Post by guigui »

Protector one wrote:Well, it's no 25 million, but at least I'm ruling Europe and the Americas! :D

Btw, what's that mechanical thing in the bottom right corner on the leaderboards page supposed to be? It looks a little like Transformed Isa's foot, but that doesn't make sense. :P
Hum, I got like 16 millions on stage 0. I want to be on this listing too ! I play the PAL french version.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Comico

Post by Comico »

anyone else having problems with the videos on s&p2 homepage? I can't go past 1/3 of them and i'm missing ONLY 20 millions on stage 1 *cough* :o
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Protector one wrote:Well, it's no 25 million, but at least I'm ruling Europe and the Americas! :D
Easy? What blasphemy is this?! :lol:

Naw, just kidding, it's a nice score nevertheless. Also, got over 20 million for the first time in Stage 0 today (playing on Normal).
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Ebbo wrote:Easy? What blasphemy is this?! :lol:
One step at a time! I'm going for the top score on Normal now, but spiderbutt keeps stomping me with his legs... (It don't do that on easy! :D)

Also, can someone explain the Nick of Time bonus to me? Mr. MonkeyMan said on page 7 that it gives you a bonus worth 30 seconds. However, on Stage 0 on easy, the bonus only gives me 2500 points, which translates to 5 seconds, not 30. Note though, that this is during the timed sections. I haven't checked if the bonus is more points when getting it from a boss.
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Nick of time bonus simply works differently for stage 0's timed segments. With bosses, the nick of time bonus is always 30 seconds.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Ah, thanks.
guigui

Post by guigui »

God damned, the fist fight at the end of stage 6 has completely changed in the PAL version of the game. I cant beat it anymore. Any advices ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
ryu

Post by ryu »

You need to time your attacks and attack him just as he's about to attack (like, you need to counter him).

I don't know how to dodge/counter his fast salto-kick, though. : /
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
guigui

Post by guigui »

ryu wrote:You need to time your attacks and attack him just as he's about to attack (like, you need to counter him).

I don't know how to dodge/counter his fast salto-kick, though. : /
I'll try that, thanks.

In normal mode, I cant do that thing that comboes him when he is waking up from my previous knock down, timing is hard to get now. I can still do that in easy though.
gamingjustin

Post by gamingjustin »

I've owned the Japanese version for a while, but am thinking about getting the US release (which I assume will be the same the PAL release) depending on if there are differences. guigui mentions the fistfight is different in the PAL version, but are there any other notable differences? Enhanced graphics, difficulty rebalancing, different enemy placements? If anyone knows what changed (if much), I'd like to know! Anything that comes to mind.
guigui

Post by guigui »

gamingjustin wrote:I've owned the Japanese version for a while, but am thinking about getting the US release (which I assume will be the same the PAL release) depending on if there are differences. guigui mentions the fistfight is different in the PAL version, but are there any other notable differences? Enhanced graphics, difficulty rebalancing, different enemy placements? If anyone knows what changed (if much), I'd like to know! Anything that comes to mind.
In my opinion, difficulty remains quite the same and graphics are inchanged. Here is a list of some changes I have noticed :

- Fistfight as mentionned before is definitely not the same.
- That boss in stage 4 that consists in two japanese houses on wheels is now located right before that ninja boss on its toady thing, and does not count as a boss anymore (no life bar, no time bonus). At the place where that boss stood you'll also find two houses, but they dont move and just spit out insects that boost your multiplier right before Ariana.
- The fight with that girl with the sword, right before the last boss of stage 3, seems different to me. Timing to knock her down are easier I'd say.
- The red circle mentionning the lock with Isa is bigger (or is it my brand nex 42' TV ?) and I'd say there is something different regarding its priority with the charged shot. Cant tell exactly what though, but I prefer the way it reacts in the PAL version.
gamingjustin

Post by gamingjustin »

Thanks a lot! A couple interesting tweaks, I see. I would guess maybe for the better since they're changes to how it plays instead of weird localization stuff.
guigui

Post by guigui »

gamingjustin wrote:Thanks a lot! A couple interesting tweaks, I see. I would guess maybe for the better since they're changes to how it plays instead of weird localization stuff.
Some more I can think of :

- Stage 1, before cock keeper, when you land on the platform where you can walk up to the boss, a charge shot wont take out all the baddies as it did in Jap version.
- Stage 2, those crates that you can shoot with bubbles in the descending part to the yellow fish boss actually count as a single ennemy even though there seem to be a lot of those. They only release one silver coin and count as a single hit (what the heck by the way ?)
- Stage 2, once you enter the upper left tube, those two submarines that appear at the top of the screen may now be destroyed with a single charged shot. I could definitely not do that in Jap version.
- Stage 6, right before the ship boss, shooting the container on the sides of the screen will now take out all the robots, even the two located in the middle of the screen.
- Boss names have all changed, and I dont get why (Orion Tsang for Chen Long Lee, gné ?)
je_apostrophe

Post by je_apostrophe »

I'd like to find a list of all the boss names. It is a bit too hectic when I'm playing to write them down or something, but I like to mark where I died in my practice log. Does anyone know where I can find a list? I'm happy with the Japanese names.
louisg

Post by louisg »

I finally got to play this today after picking it up Sunday. So far I'm much of the way through st2, and it's everything the first one should have been! It does have the heavy focus on bosses that I'm not all that into, but overall it's really good. That st1 boss took me many tries :)
Humans, think about what you have done
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

If anyone has or gets sales numbers for this game in Europe or NA, please post them. I was really saddened at it's poor sales in Japan. Since Treasure made this, because of SP1's good sales on the VC in the US, I am hoping that our sales are good.

It would be so unfair to repay such a great effort with poor sales.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Jesus, the boss fights in this are waaaay too long.. I really didn't think the st2 boss needed each form to be like an entire boss (and a checkpoint between each one, which is kind of telling :/)
Humans, think about what you have done
guigui

Post by guigui »

louisg wrote:Jesus, the boss fights in this are waaaay too long.. I really didn't think the st2 boss needed each form to be like an entire boss (and a checkpoint between each one, which is kind of telling :/)
Well, Treasure it is isn't it ?

About that Deko fistfight, as ryu wrote I tried and counter him as he is about to attack and it works kind of great. I found that a good position to wait for him to attack is to crouch at about a length of rope from him. This way you will dodge almost all his attack, except for the one when he pulls the rope (and you !) to him.
So just crouch, look at him carefully and as soon as he moves, just mash the attack button !
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Just got this. I had the J version, but got rid of it for this. I'm glad to know the story now, even though it is a bunch of wonky stuff.
guigui

Post by guigui »

AHEM

So I was trying to take the second place of euro & america ranking with Isa on normal. I thus had to beat 217 millions. Just got 229 millions after three days of trying, upload my score and what do I see ? A so-called "mrmonkey" that get around 250 millions with something like half of my hit count ! Is that you MrMonkeyMan ? aren't you happy with those 550+ millions on the jap board that you also have to mess things up here :P
ryu

Post by ryu »

Haven't put this into my Wii for a while now. How are the hi boards for Kachi going, did people start caring to play as her?
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

guigui wrote:AHEM

So I was trying to take the second place of euro & america ranking with Isa on normal. I thus had to beat 217 millions. Just got 229 millions after three days of trying, upload my score and what do I see ? A so-called "mrmonkey" that get around 250 millions with something like half of my hit count ! Is that you MrMonkeyMan ? aren't you happy with those 550+ millions on the jap board that you also have to mess things up here :P
But this version is slightly different and I've learned some new tricks since back then that I'd like to try out.

And, yeah, that's obviously me. Picked up the game and played up to stage 4 yesterday.
guigui

Post by guigui »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:
guigui wrote:AHEM

But this version is slightly different and I've learned some new tricks since back then that I'd like to try out.

And, yeah, that's obviously me. Picked up the game and played up to stage 4 yesterday.
Well, I'll just definitely loose one step in the leaderboard then. Welcome on that version and let us know those tricks you find !