I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
chempop

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by chempop »

Bananamatic wrote:rerouted the game for survival and got this on the second credit

now back to sdoj

edit: replay here

:D Awesome! Congrats man!!!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
MRydralle

Post by MRydralle »

(Astebreed)
From 1.5mil behind PB in Stage 3 to a complete miracle in Stage 5. Sole run of the day. I am in complete disbelief on how I got 14mil during Stage 5.

Inactive.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

MRydralle wrote:(Astebreed)
From 1.5mil behind PB in Stage 3 to a complete miracle in Stage 5. Sole run of the day. I am in complete disbelief on how I got 14mil during Stage 5.

Good job, man.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Congrats! that's a great score. Nice to see more people playing Astebreed, the scoring system is really fun. I always thought Stage 3 was the hardest. Score splits and PB comparison between stages should be implemented in more games.

Great work on the Ultra clear Bananamatic!
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Just finished up MUSHA 1CC playing on hard. Great game, a bit overrated if I'm being honest but it's still a memorable experience.
Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4H3P0GCfg
MRydralle

Post by MRydralle »

xxx1993 wrote:Good job, man.
Zaarock wrote:Congrats! that's a great score. Nice to see more people playing Astebreed, the scoring system is really fun. I always thought Stage 3 was the hardest. Score splits and PB comparison between stages should be implemented in more games.
Thank you both!

And special thanks to Zaarock, because what motivated me to score-chase Hard was your 43.7mil run on Youtube that I found per chance. I normally point to it whenever someone wants to see a scoring run of the game done well.

I always wanted to know more people who play this game, and I even gifted it to an acquaintance of mine who really wanted it. There's this page on the Astebreed Wiki that I volunteered to write about, related to its gameplay and scoring systems, to try to help people get into this game.

I do agree on the scoring system being fun and even with Stage 5 being normally the one to score the most, I feel 3 is the hardest to route. Depending on background missiles/battleships to build Tension for Broodmare kills, and even missiles from some of these Broodmares, while having to kill them quickly so more of them spawn, makes me pretty much hold/release Scatter Shot (for lock-ons) and tap Blade in an odd rhythm. And then there's the second part of the stage later on where only Conchoids and Cycloids spawn that I have absolutely no idea on how to score reliably on.

At the very least a big part of the score in stage 5 is the boss fight, as it's possible to get 5 million without Time Bonus just on that fight.

And these two little features help me quite a lot, because I get to know how well I need to do and how well I can do in the middle of a run.

And here are the individual stage PBs. I know 3 can be improved a little, but I wonder if 16m (or even something like 15.5m) is possible in 5.
Inactive.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm enjoying Astebreed a lot! It's a good game!
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

I almost reached the extra stage on Samidare, but I died a stupid death on the stage 3 boss, during its last form. If only the stage 2 boss wasn't so goddamned annoying, that's where I always lose the most lives. Anyone have any tips for that?
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Just got my 50th shmup 1cc, Forgotten Worlds!

Indeed.

Actually it was a 1 life clear, since I got some lucky rng from the bullshit final boss. Too bad I wasn't recording, heh. Maybe I'll come back to it some time. I love the game enough that I don't mind the thought at all.

Mame says it took me 7 hours 20 minutes to do this, though those 20 minutes were probably spent trying to set up my analog stick and trying to see if I could Mega Crush on it lol. So maybe 15-20 credits roughly.

I also couldn't use the Mega Crush ability for some reason on my analog stick.

Super fun.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Furry Fox Jet Pilot wrote:I almost reached the extra stage on Samidare, but I died a stupid death on the stage 3 boss, during its last form. If only the stage 2 boss wasn't so goddamned annoying, that's where I always lose the most lives. Anyone have any tips for that?
What are you talking about, the stage 2 boss is the best part!
It's been a while since I last played it, but I don't know that there's any tricks as such, you just need to practice it a bunch. Well, I guess there's knowing when to shield against it, but it's just something you need to do over and over until you get it. Do make sure you're moving very conservatively between shields, as well, I guess. You have very limited space to dodge that stuff. You are having trouble with the awesome second to last attack, I presume?
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
saigan

Post by saigan »

I 1cc'd my first shmup last night!

Technically anyways, it was the first loop of R-Type :D

https://youtu.be/fVV1Ii_lbfw
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

1st one is special. Congrats!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Squire Grooktook

R-Type 1 isn't an easy game, I actually had to come back to it after getting more experience with other games, and even then the last three stages are pretty nasty for me. Congrats on that.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

R-Type clear is nothing to scoff at. Stage 4-onward is particularly brutal. Congrats!

I cleared the first loop of Batsugun Special! Not too difficult, but pretty enjoyable. It counts as a 1ALL, right? :P

The suicide bullets on the second loop are nuts. It seems enemies are puking out red death a full second or more after they've given up the ghost. To say nothing of the onslaught after killing bosses.

Normal is harder, if I recall (though I haven't played it in a while). I've been on a Toaplan kick lately (if my toaplan tribute tracks weren't indication :wink: ), so it's nice to reinforce things with a solid clear.
MRydralle

Post by MRydralle »

(Astebreed)

I don't even know how I mustered up some willpower to do a run. I'm exhausted for reasons non-related to what's in question.

100k-something over, but a PB is still a PB, considering the split drop after Stage 4. I need to practice Stage 3 more, because it's the one stage I feel I can squeeze the most points of when compared to my current stage PBs. I feel 15k in Stage 5 is possible with better routing of the beginning part and even in some parts before the boss. I know it's possible to at least get a million more in both stages 2 and 6, because the world record has a million above me in both stages, but especially in stage 6, there's some complicated routing involved.

Due to my backlog being immense, shmups included (hello Zenohell, DBCS, Mushi), IDK when I'll be able to improve the score.

EDIT: For reasons unknown, I can't seem to be able to upload this score to Restart Syndrome as of now.

Inactive.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

saigan wrote:I 1cc'd my first shmup last night!

Technically anyways, it was the first loop of R-Type :D
R-Type is your first clear? Truly insane :shock:

Also finally got my first Darius Gaiden clear!!!

Even on ABDHLQV route I'm still happy for this, no-missed until Deadly Crescent's spinning laser and no-missed again through the final boss (which the previous run he took all my lives,) with one bomb stock, also I didn't learn much the second-to-last pattern during this run.

Well, the next clear I'll do would be Metal Black, Gradius Gaiden Very Hard mode and DOJ BL :)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congrats! The final few stages of DG are certainly an endurance test with how lethal the stages are + how much health bosses have.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Finally nailed a Normal difficulty SCC of Thunder Force IV yesterday. I guess the biggest hurdle for me was learning the appropriate timing for using the charge attack (in no other TF do you ever stop firing).
KAI

Post by KAI »

1CCed Akai Katana Shin Slash. Easy game, took me a few credits to clear it. Hope to learn how the scoring works.
TerraCottaFrog

Post by TerraCottaFrog »

Finally got a 1-all of DoDonPachi.

First time I've sat down and given a game the time need to actually beat it.

My score was still shit though.
Sakurei

Post by Sakurei »

A few days ago, I got a world record.

Here is the video for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es3O51bUqdE

It's a pretty good run.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Very well done! What was the old record?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Sakurei

Post by Sakurei »

CStarFlare wrote:Very well done! What was the old record?
3,104,449,400. So about 55 million points lower than my run. But the potential for this category exceeds 3.2 billion so there is still room for improvement.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Great work.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

ZUN should meet him.
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

Amazing work! Btw would you say that the spellcard grazing at 2:30 is one of the hardest parts of the run? It looks pretty insane to me.
Sakurei

Post by Sakurei »

The Armchair General wrote:Amazing work! Btw would you say that the spellcard grazing at 2:30 is one of the hardest parts of the run? It looks pretty insane to me.
Well, yes and no. It's not an easy spell to graze, much less graze well (this run has good grazing), but there are a few harder parts for me in the run. The spell at 13:00 is the most difficult in the stage and the final spell is harder than the one at 2:30 as well. And so is the penultimate if only for being a nervous wreck at this point. You're not the only one who thinks it looks insane but it has a very reliable approach to grazing it and the biggest challenge is actually optimizing it well.

Thanks everyone! It's my best run by a large margin so far so I'm quite happy about it and had to post because I'm an attention whore of sorts w.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Amazing work. How long have you practiced the stage?
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

WR in a main touhou game Image
Squire Grooktook

Yeah, it's certainly impressive!

Aeon Zenith - My STG.