Questions that do not deserve a thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ryu

Re: Questions that do not deserve a thread

Post by ryu »

nope. could only be a problem if the speakers supported less watt than the amp outputs
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

I have a sony pvm 2030 that has a slight purple hue in the top corner during TATE. I have read about putting it in YOKO mode and then flipping it vertically after its been on for about 30 minutes to fix the hue. Can anyone confirm this?

Also I've tried degaussing it with the degauss button and it works while the button is depressed but as soon as I let go of the the button the hue returns.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

Welp, somehow the r/r-y input on my 2950 has stopped working after I was back there (Installed speakers and changed the BNC adapters.) I tried putting the old bnc adapter back on but that didnt work. Is there anything I should do prior to opening it up and trying to repair it that way? I'd like to avoid that if possible (I don't want to die)
Stainomo

Post by Stainomo »

Having some issues with my Snes

Setup
Pal Snes with 50/60hz mod
dvdo iscan hd
Scart cable => RGBS to the dvdo
audio to an external soundsystem

1) i seem to be getting a checkerbox pattern - it's not too bad but seems some people do not have it - is this avoidable with a pal snes? Or should i start looking for a ntsc snes or super famicom to get clean snyc?

2) There seems to be some interference inside my snes - in certain games if i start moveing i get some noise, certainly not gamenoise.

These problems aren't too bad but it'd be great if i could fix these - then i'd have the ultimate snes setup :)
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

You can can try another PSU, but probably both related to a bad (cheap) RGB cable.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Indeed I was only able to get rid of the checkerboard by swapping to a Super Famicom and using a raw sync cable, though you could try one of retro-console-accessories super duper extra grounded cables (if she makes them for PAL SNES).
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Stainomo

Post by Stainomo »

I tried 3 powersupplies already - the oem one, a cheap alternative and a cheap lab-powersupply, the same problem with all 3.

It's probably the cable then!

I have an ebay cable - it does seem a bit tin to be very well shielded. I've been trying to get a gamecube cable. If i find one i could mod it to work with my snes - it should be a lot better then the cable i have, atleast the firstparty wii cable i once had was a lot thicker then my current snes one.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Could someone recommend me to a good scart to component converter? Thinking of changing up all my video gaming video inputs to scart for good video quality on my Sony Trinitron, though it only takes in component or s-video.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
antron

Post by antron »

I'm happy with one of the $50 ones off ebay. Someone here once complained about the colors, but someone else stated it is easily opened and adjusted. You will need a SCART audio breakout.
leonk

Post by leonk »

I want to hook my dreamcast to my NAC cab with an MS9-29A (15/25) monitor. I know the ultracade UVC is my best bet but my chances of finding one are nil. If I hack a dc VGA box to output only 15khz will all dc games work on my USA region free dc in 15khz? Or will most be black/480i?
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

antron wrote:I'm happy with one of the $50 ones off ebay. Someone here once complained about the colors, but someone else stated it is easily opened and adjusted. You will need a SCART audio breakout.
Cool beans, thanks for the advice. More I think about it, it might not be the most cost effective since I'm already getting a extron emotia. But it's good to have alternative on hand.
leonk wrote:I want to hook my dreamcast to my NAC cab with an MS9-29A (15/25) monitor. I know the ultracade UVC is my best bet but my chances of finding one are nil. If I hack a dc VGA box to output only 15khz will all dc games work on my USA region free dc in 15khz? Or will most be black/480i?
Some 20-30 odd games will not output in either 15KHz or 31KHz. There is a method to trick the dreamcast to doing so, just haven't done a search yet on it.
You can output 15KHz from the dreamcast when you ground either pin 6 or 7 on the av pins. This sets the dreamcast to output RGBS mode. Couple the RGB lines with 220 uF capacitors and should be smooth sailing. Audio shouldn't be a problem to obtain. Another way is to get a premade scart connection for the dreamcast, connected to a scart audio breakout, then scart to bnc converter.
Reference
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

i have a question regarding a extron rgb 202 rxi :

http://www.extron.com/product/product.a ... i#features

is it possible with this device to convert a vga sog signal to vga hv ? it certainly looks like it does but i'd rather be sure.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

yes, I think so. I haven't tried it, but I use the 203 to convert RGBHV to RGBs.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

matrigs wrote:i have a question regarding a extron rgb 202 rxi :

http://www.extron.com/product/product.a ... i#features

is it possible with this device to convert a vga sog signal to vga hv ? it certainly looks like it does but i'd rather be sure.
As quoted from Extron website under the video input section in Extron RGB 202 Rxi:
Number/signal type 2 analog RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, RsGsBs
Output:
1 analog RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB
So in theory it should be able to do RGsB to RGBHV.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
kowski77

Post by kowski77 »

I'm currently on the lookout for a new Tv. 40" is whatI want and I really don't care for 3D or any Smart Tv gimmicks.
Maybe someone has a good recommendation for a LCD flat panel which I want (obviously) for gaming and watching BRs through my PS3. As a video processor I'm planming to get a XRGB mini to use it with my SNES, MD and N64.

Maybe some of you got a nice recommendation for me because I'm quite lost at the moment. thanks for your help
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

See here, Blizzz just bought the Sony EX655 which seems nice for gaming.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42092
kowski77

Post by kowski77 »

Thanks for the fast reply Fudoh. Btw. love your site :)

But is the TV nice for film as well?
ebeb

Post by ebeb »

I have a question about the Sigma 8000TB. Even when I crank the autofire up to maximum for Raiden DX to use on Button A, the default autofire on button C is still faster. Does the 8000TB not have fast autofire?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

But is the TV nice for film as well?
good enough for the money. For a combination of gaming and movies I would still recommend the HX85x line.
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

Is it possible to use an RGB Scart matrix for YUV signals? My idea is to use a 6x3 matrix (Marmitek Connect 236) for all my analogue sources. Couldn't really find anything with Google except a guy who wanted to do the same but never posted the results. I guess the main problem could be that it doesn't detect a signal due to missing composite sync or different voltage levels between YPbPr and RGB. There's one box made by Hama which explicitly states YUV support, but that's a bit rare.

Can anyone give me some advice on this or suggest a good component splitter? If not I'll just order it and send it back if it doesn't work.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

As long as the Matrix doesn't completely rely on automatic switching an offers manual input/output selection it should easily work with component signals. And even if it requires sync, you could still use the Sync line for the Luminance signal instead of the "G" line.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Ebeb wrote:I have a question about the Sigma 8000TB. Even when I crank the autofire up to maximum for Raiden DX to use on Button A, the default autofire on button C is still faster. Does the 8000TB not have fast autofire?
The rate may be just slightly out of step with the refresh on the PCB, I see a lot of people have this problem with Raiden boards.

Not sure what the adjustment is like on the 8000TB, are there fixed rates or is it variable? You might have to twiddle a bit to find the correct speed.
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

Does any one knows what's the pin out for the "game socket" found on this Sony TV?

It does RGB and Component.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

What's the model number? Also is the gaming socket a PS1/PS2/PS3 AV cord?
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

beatsgo wrote:What's the model number? Also is the gaming socket a PS1/PS2/PS3 AV cord?
That's KLV-15AP2, Japanese model. Yup, the socket is the same found on PS consoles :D
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Then I would assume that the pinout is the same of the multi-AV output on the PS1/2/3 since the cable can be used both ways.
kowski77

Post by kowski77 »

Is there any difference in quality with HDMI cables?
And if yes could someone recommend a good one for ky PS3?

thanks
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Found the pdf for the KLV-15AP2 on Sony's japanese website. On page 38, the manual indicates the "Gaming Port" as an input, since they're showing a PS2 connecting to the KLV-15AP2 which a special cable (male to male PS1/PS2/PS3 AV cable). I think it works for a PS1 as well. Assuming the pinouts are the same on any Playstation AV port, you can probably hook up anything with AV female ends as outputs, including a 3DO (which I don't know why you want to).
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
ryu

Post by ryu »

kowski77 wrote:Is there any difference in quality with HDMI cables?
And if yes could someone recommend a good one for ky PS3?

thanks
picture quality is the same on all hdmi cables, cheaper cables are just more likely to be faulty.

just make sure you don't buy anything ridiculously pricy like monster cables. those are a scam. i'm using a 1,5m hdmi cable i paid about 2 euros for with my ps3 and i haven't had any problems with it yet.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

gundamalpha wrote:Does any one knows what's the pin out for the "game socket" found on this Sony TV?

It does RGB and Component.
oh wow i was curious for a long time what the connector in MONs' tv was :

http://moon.ap.teacup.com/qwertyuiop/1276.html

makes sense now