Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ncp

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by ncp »

dmauro wrote:No he did not.
Yes he did.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

ncp wrote:
Yes he did.
ya....read the second sentence more closely
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Tiger is red, slower movement/wide shot/fast lockshot. Panzer is blue, faster movement/linear shot/slow lockshot.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

jonny5 wrote:
ncp wrote:
Yes he did.
ya....read the second sentence more closely
Yep, meant to say Tiger at the end there, lol.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I watched the malik playthrough vid of the 360 port. Wondered why a lot of the game looked way easier. Pulled up a pcb playthrough and noticed that there's more vertical space so it's way easier to dodge patterns in this port.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Drakon wrote:I watched the malik playthrough vid of the 360 port. Wondered why a lot of the game looked way easier. Pulled up a pcb playthrough and noticed that there's more vertical space so it's way easier to dodge patterns in this port.
Lol. No, they're exactly the same in regard to "vertical space".

If you want to be picky, the port is actually a hair harder than the PCB, as it runs a tiny bit faster and is missing a few bits of slowdown.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

bwahha drakon yoo wrong son
its definitely a tinsy winsy bit harder on da egg bokz

AS FOR SHIP
PANZER JAGER! just as slow in lock shot as tiger schwert for precision dodging but his speed with shot is extremely useful for clearing the screen(even at point blank) when it gets hectic on level 4 + 5.of course tiger schwerts wide shot is also useful in this respect .
they are both good ships..i usually go for the wide shot ships too but somehow the jager just seemed more fun :?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Brilliant game ... :mrgreen:

I mean honestly balls out man game; in play terms and great design visually - all that great pseudo real sci-fi tech without stupid lolis [these have their place but not in this game] ...

With decent sales I have to believe this will eventually get sold to a western publisher; small dl size if sold onlive/I feel this aesthetic is probably the most appealing to more mainstream westerners [must appeal to fans of the gears of war tech or many anime types - akira military style etc], and despite its great depth the button mechanics are very simple.

... However, we'll wait and see on that...

If you are a shmups fan and haven't - just get this and a j360 at this stage...

ps. poor Drakon - at least you'll never make that mistake again...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

emphatic wrote: So, what type of BATTLE SHIP are you guys using?
i always use HUGE BATTLESHIP!
APPROACHING!

FAST!!
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
bcass

Post by bcass »

gray117 wrote:Brilliant game ... :mrgreen:

I mean honestly balls out man game; in play terms and great design visually - all that great pseudo real sci-fi tech without stupid lolis [these have their place but not in this game] ...

With decent sales I have to believe this will eventually get sold to a western publisher; small dl size if sold onlive/I feel this aesthetic is probably the most appealing to more mainstream westerners [must appeal to fans of the gears of war tech or many anime types - akira military style etc], and despite its great depth the button mechanics are very simple.

... However, we'll wait and see on that...

If you are a shmups fan and haven't - just get this and a j360 at this stage...

ps. poor Drakon - at least you'll never make that mistake again...
Ketsui is the last shmup on earth to appeal to a larger Western audience. It's much too brutal. If any sort of increase in shmup popularity occurs outside Japan (by Cave's hand) it will come from much more forgiving titles like DeathSmiles. My guess is that any further expansion of the Western market will come from titles made specifically for the consoles, not ports.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

bcass wrote: It's much too brutal.... My guess is that any further expansion of the Western market will come from titles made specifically for the consoles, not ports.
Firstly, you're probably 100% correct on further expansion...

As for currently available games, and the difficulty maybe so; I think that publishers rarely play such license deals themselves and just trade on a games reputation and the 'work' is more in the realms of distribution/marketing.

I'd like to think aesthetically ketsui still has the wider appeal compared to lolis, but the lack of 'hd' version may indeed be a kicker for a publisher/consumer looking more at a tick box checklist... although again I'm not sure how many people really understand such things [just listened to a podcast where the games designer for the final fight re-release didn't know how the filters worked that they used... perhaps not his exact remit... but a little depressing in terms of general knowledge... and this is one of the top people people to watch according to Develop...]

Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

Just stumbled in here from my lurking, but really, if everyone in the west buys Deathsmiles then maybe this will have a chance of being localized--I mean, I really did not think DS would be...
bcass

Post by bcass »

Why would everyone in the West buy it when it's region-locked?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

bcass wrote:Why would everyone in the West buy it when it's region-locked?
deathsmiles is being localized for north america...thats what he is referring to....

i guess he hopes it might increase the chance of ketsui getting localized....zero chance of that imo though
bcass

Post by bcass »

jonny5 wrote:
deathsmiles is being localized for north america...thats what he is referring to....
I know it's being localised for North America. North America isn't the only country in "the West". If everybody in the West bought it, as he suggested, there's gonna be a lot of upset shmup fans.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

bcass wrote:
jonny5 wrote:
I know it's being localised for North America. North America isn't the only country in "the West". If everybody in the West bought it, as he suggested, there's gonna be a lot of upset shmup fans.
north america is a continent btw :wink: ....generally though, i thought the west was in reference to north america....or do you classify everything outside of asia as 'the west'....we(NA) are west, asia is east....i guess europe and uk are in the middle....or in this case, just left out :wink:

either way...who cares.... :lol:
bcass

Post by bcass »

jonny5 wrote:either way...who cares....
People who live in the West who don't live in North America.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

bcass wrote:
sorry...i didnt think the west referred to europe as well....still seems odd to me....asia is east....the rest of the world is west.... :?

whatever....it matters not

but ya....sucks that they dont think europe is a viable market for a localization....

still think it will be very unlikely to see a ketsui localization....deathsmiles is marketable based on the characters and stuff.....ketsui not so much.....
bcass

Post by bcass »

jonny5 wrote:
bcass wrote:
sorry...i didnt think the west referred to europe as well....still seems odd to me....asia is east....the rest of the world is west.... :?

whatever....it matters not

but ya....sucks that they dont think europe is a viable market for a localization....

still think it will be very unlikely to see a ketsui localization....deathsmiles is marketable based on the characters and stuff.....ketsui not so much.....
It doesn't matter to me personally because I have a JPN 360, but some people might be miffed who haven't...
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

bcass wrote:It doesn't matter to me personally because I have a JPN 360, but some people might be miffed who haven't...
indeed....who knows....a PAL port might be coming later if the NA one does ok....fingers crossed for you guys!!
nZero

Post by nZero »

Ok, back on topic now kthx

Hilarity has been archived here
Sandlegs

Post by Sandlegs »

So yeah...Ketsui huh? Pretty awesome right?
(2x middle fingers)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Sandlegs wrote:So yeah...Ketsui huh? Pretty awesome right?
It brings out the best in people.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

emphatic wrote:
Sandlegs wrote:So yeah...Ketsui huh? Pretty awesome right?
It brings out the best in people.
nah...JAPJAC just irks me....sorry about that...'twas a foolish argument to be sure :lol:

im kinda excited to finally try this tomorrow....im interested to see how it compares
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

nZero wrote:Ok, back on topic now kthx

Hilarity has been archived here
Fuck, I don't know how I missed that - brilliant! :lol:

Jockel's "who the fuck cares?!" post made me lmao.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

My copy finally came in the other day...has anyone put together an "official" list of bullet points on exactly how X Mode works? I'm kind of floundering in there...

Truth be told, though, when I first tried this game at bay's place (speaking of which, where the heck did he go?) it didn't particularly agree with me, and by and large it still doesn't.
roker

Post by roker »

jonny5 wrote:still think it will be very unlikely to see a ketsui localization....deathsmiles is marketable based on the characters and stuff.....ketsui not so much.....
when ketsui gets localized, can I quote your post and dance around like an idiot?
"something witty."
by someone witty
ncp

Post by ncp »

roker wrote:
jonny5 wrote:still think it will be very unlikely to see a ketsui localization....deathsmiles is marketable based on the characters and stuff.....ketsui not so much.....
when ketsui gets localized, can I quote your post and dance around like an idiot?
when it doesn't, can I quote yours and do the same?
roker

Post by roker »

ncp wrote:
roker wrote:
when it doesn't, can I quote yours and do the same?
you just did

did you dance?
"something witty."
by someone witty
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

roker wrote:
what you do in your dreams is for you to decide :wink: