Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Ebbo

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by Ebbo »

guigui wrote:Damned, I've been playing the game for over siw months now, and did not even notice that energy ball of the big cannon on the ship in stage 6 could be taken out with melee ! This will certainly make things easier...

Also, which one is Hatchling Keeper ?
Once I learned one could deflect Tortoise Keeper's claw and bite attacks, I've been experimenting melee attacks on pretty much everything.

Hatchling Keeper = Puppy Keeper in japanese version.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

There's a very easy method to Hatchling/Puppy Keeper.

Quickly dash over to him, slash him 2 times then wait and see if he jumps over you. If he jumps over you roll to the left to avoid him and then slash him 2 times again and repeat. If he stands up instead of jumping over you walk up to him and get a 3 hit combo in and he should then jump over you. You can continue this the whole fight, although sometimes he will stand up and start one of his other attacks, so just back up and dodge when that happens.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Once I learned one could deflect Tortoise Keeper's claw and bite attacks, I've been experimenting melee attacks on pretty much everything.
Aye, 99.9% of everything that's on the same plane as you can at least be smacked out of your way.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Fuck my hat, the fight with Deko at the end of level six is gonna take some learning! Any tips, folks?
guigui

Post by guigui »

Klatrymadon wrote:Fuck my hat, the fight with Deko at the end of level six is gonna take some learning! Any tips, folks?
Which one ?

First form is veru well explained in this thread by MrMonkeyMan in previous pages.
Third form (fist fight) also !
Second form is quite straightforward to me. Just lock on him, never release. Charge when you can, melee the red mines to him, also melee its blaster (or roll it) and dont forget that, when blaster is over, he'll send a bomb that you can also melee back to him. The only problem comes from the dragon. Jsut try to dodge it, I cant do without loosing multipliers on this guy. Pretty easy fight in my opinion.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

First form is veru well explained in this thread by MrMonkeyMan in previous pages.
Oops, cheers! Aye, I'm past it now. The first form seemed incredibly tough at first, but it's not too bad. I think it'll take some serious practice to get through it with a decent multiplier, though. :P
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Playing with Kachi after finishing the game with Isa feels really weird. Does the automatic lock-on effect reduce the amount of damage you do, as the 'proper' lock-on does?
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

As far as I know, Kachi's auto lock-on doesn't reduce damage input (edit: checked the manual: "Kachi's automatic lock-on does not decrease the damage dealt"). And she does indeed feel weird. Crowd control is so much harder since her charge shot won't simply clean the whole screen from enemies like Isa's attack.
Regarding that...

***SPOILER****
Once you clear Isa & Kachi (unlocked by clearing the game with both characters) mode, you can actually switch Isa's manual targeting to auto lock-on and vice versa with Kachi.
***SPOILER***
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Klatrymadon wrote:Playing with Kachi after finishing the game with Isa feels really weird. Does the automatic lock-on effect reduce the amount of damage you do, as the 'proper' lock-on does?
Did you 1cc it? Already? :shock:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Oh, nah! I'm working on that now, but I gave up trying to do it on my 'first' go at the end of stage four. The game's too long to just get one boss further each time. I did make sure I could beat each level without dying before moving on, mind. Hoping to get a few decent scores on the leaderboards this time; I've been skipping it so far. :P

Cheers, Ebbo!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Klatrymadon wrote:Oh, nah! I'm working on that now, but I gave up trying to do it on my 'first' go at the end of stage four. The game's too long to just get one boss further each time. I did make sure I could beat each level without dying before moving on, mind. Hoping to get a few decent scores on the leaderboards this time; I've been skipping it so far. :P

Cheers, Ebbo!
Yeah, that's what I found too, although I've still managed to hold off on finishing it yet while I try to sharpen my skills earlier in the game. Problem is I spend far too little time playing it - best I've done is reach stage 3.

Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

By the way, has anybody spotted any decent desktop wallpapers for this? The artwork's really good - it's a shame the official sites have nothing of the sort.
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Here are some great artwork pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSo ... eSkiesWii#

This one pretty much summarises how awesome this game actually is.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Thanks, mate! Those'll do. :D
chempop

Post by chempop »

The art is absurdly nice! Why don't more games like this (and Zoe2, Panzer Orta, GUNVALKYRIE, etc) get released, is the gaming industry THAT pathetic?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Got this game two days ago and I love it.The first 6 Stages(0-5) are not that hard but on Stage 7(6) I´m not able to finish the huge battleship,o.k. I played this Stage only 3 times and I need a lot more practice ...
Awesome Game!Nice to have the option to set original japanese language.

EDIT

I beat the Game 8)
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Fucking fistfight at the end of stage 6. Fuck it, seriously. I was one hit away from the victory and what happens? My punches won't connect and Deco makes 3 hit combo with his Flashkick -> derp I'm dead. GAME OVER YEAAAAAH.

I mean, the fight was cool during first time because it felt so out of the place but now it's just frustrating when I'm attempting 1CC.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

chempop wrote:The art is absurdly nice! Why don't more games like this (and Zoe2, Panzer Orta, GUNVALKYRIE, etc) get released, is the gaming industry THAT pathetic?
Yes.

Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

chempop wrote:The art is absurdly nice! Why don't more games like this (and Zoe2, Panzer Orta, GUNVALKYRIE, etc) get released, is the gaming industry THAT pathetic?
Aye, 30 fps being standard even for Naughty Dog, console first person shooters being the very core of mainstream...
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

MathU

Post by MathU »

Will I like this if I don't generally find Treasure games that interesting? I have been burned by their zealous fanboys many times in the past. I don't think the original Sin and Punishment was zomgamazing either, and I definitely am not a fan of Ikaruga nor Radiant Silvergun. Mischief Makers is dull and mediocre and Gunstar Heroes is simply the worst run 'n' gun I've played. I really regret buying that one. Also Wario World is complete garbage.

However, this is pretty much the EXACT sort of Wii game I've been desperately waiting for some developer to finally get off their ass and make. Exactly how much better is this than the original Sin and Punishment? Is the scoring system a bit more interesting/fun? Does it still have weird pacing issues caused by Treasure throwing in as much different shit as possible (TOO MUCH creativity if you wanna think of it that way)?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

MathU wrote:Will I like this if I don't generally find Treasure games that interesting? I have been burned by their zealous fanboys many times in the past. I don't think the original Sin and Punishment was zomgamazing either, and I definitely am not a fan of Ikaruga nor Radiant Silvergun. Mischief Makers is dull and mediocre and Gunstar Heroes is simply the worst run 'n' gun I've played. I really regret buying that one. Also Wario World is complete garbage.

However, this is pretty much the EXACT sort of Wii game I've been desperately waiting for some developer to finally get off their ass and make. Exactly how much better is this than the original Sin and Punishment? Is the scoring system a bit more interesting/fun? Does it still have weird pacing issues caused by Treasure throwing in as much different shit as possible (TOO MUCH creativity if you wanna think of it that way)?
There's an 80% chance you'll love it. It's actually very accessible if you ignore scoring and just go for a playthrough with continues. Put it this way, if it looks to you like you'll like it, chances are you'll love it.

Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I split the budding Gunstar Heroes discussion into its own thread.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Comico

Post by Comico »

hi everyone, i'm trying to improve my score in stage 0 (currently around 18.5 mil) i know i might reach 19mil with a perfect run, but where did you guys get the missing 6 millions??? :)))
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

It's pretty straight forward up until the Contra walls, just shoot everything.

Once you reach the Contra walls you want to milk them for every thing they're worth. Wait until the last little robots are going to appear before finishing the wall off to get your multiplier as high as you can before the next segment. After the walls just destroy everything as fast as possible until you get to the guys with missile launchers.

Here's the tricky part and where the real points are. If you're playing as Isa start by shooting the left robot right as it appears with your normal shot until it dies. Now you want to time a charged shot to take both robots out just a second or so before the first missile is launched. When the next two land they will be closer to each other than when they are standing, so you want to perfectly aim the missile at the ground right between the two to take them both out. Keep doing this until the next section with 3 robots.

At the next part you want to use a charge shot right away to take all three out, then focus your normal shot on the left robot when it lands. Now the first missile should be coming your way so aim at the ground just between the two robots on the right to take them both out and then use the next missile on the two on the left. You can also get in another charged shot if you charge it up just after reflecting the missile from the guy on the right, so you don't accidentally destroy a missile too.

The boss is pretty straight forward. Use the bombs he drops to take out all the containers on the ceiling. It is possible to take them all out with the first wave of bombs, but it's pretty hard and I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Comico

Post by Comico »

aww i
MrMonkeyMan wrote: Here's the tricky part and where the real points are. If you're playing as Isa start by shooting the left robot right as it appears with your normal shot until it dies. Now you want to time a charged shot to take both robots out just a second or so before the first missile is launched. When the next two land they will be closer to each other than when they are standing, so you want to perfectly aim the missile at the ground right between the two to take them both out. Keep doing this until the next section with 3 robots.

At the next part you want to use a charge shot right away to take all three out, then focus your normal shot on the left robot when it lands. Now the first missile should be coming your way so aim at the ground just between the two robots on the right to take them both out and then use the next missile on the two on the left. You can also get in another charged shot if you charge it up just after reflecting the missile from the guy on the right, so you don't accidentally destroy a missile too.
that's what i was missing, thanks a bunch MMM
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Does anyone have any tips to avoid Deko's attacks in the last section of the final boss battle? That pink beam attack with the small particles seems particularly impossible to get through unharmed. None of the players in the videos posted on YouTube seem to be able to do it, either. :/

Also, has any of you been able to get more than 250 hits on Stage 0 on Easy with Isa? Three people on the European leaderboards did it (can't see the Asian boards), but I always end up with 250 on perfect runs. :/
Btw, I have noticed that I get a few more spider enemies when playing this stage as Kachi. Is it normal that Isa's and Kachi's stage differ?
guigui

Post by guigui »

Protector one wrote:Does anyone have any tips to avoid Deko's attacks in the last section of the final boss battle? That pink beam attack with the small particles seems particularly impossible to get through unharmed. None of the players in the videos posted on YouTube seem to be able to do it, either. :/

Also, has any of you been able to get more than 250 hits on Stage 0 on Easy with Isa? Three people on the European leaderboards did it (can't see the Asian boards), but I always end up with 250 on perfect runs. :/
Btw, I have noticed that I get a few more spider enemies when playing this stage as Kachi. Is it normal that Isa's and Kachi's stage differ?
For the pink beam/particles attack, I can usually handle it by launching a charged attack at the right moment that just cancels it. It is quite hard though.

About stage 0, 250 hits are quite easy to attain if you just settle down during the "contra walls" until ennemies stop appear, and, most important, if you properly shoot the crates atop the boss !
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

A charged attack cancels it?? Well that's interesting! What about when playing "Kachi" though?

Getting 250 hits in Stage 0 isn't the problem, it's the 250+ that I don't get! ;)
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

The segments just before the boss it is possible to take out two robots with every missile. I described this just a few posts up.
Protector one

Post by Protector one »

Yes, I read that section with great interest, but does doing it also cause more robots to appear, then? Or do hits count double when you do it like that?