Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
AliceMargatroid

Re: Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou ~ Black Label

Post by AliceMargatroid »

Alice - 66,723,810 - A-E - 1-5 - 1239 Hit

1-5 is so fun. I know why Prometheus got so addicted to this game.
Lets see if I will reach 2-1 sometime soon.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Well 60hrs in and im still struggling to 1cc this Bitch , Can get to the last Bee but he always destroy's me ,

Trevor spencer - 170,088,290 - A-E - 1-5 - 1513 Hit

I think i can score better than this on a good run but the better i do the more the game punishes me for doing well , so its even harder to get the 1cc but im way to anal to be able to get through without trying to score

*Take no notice of postion 2 , That was me practicing trying to find Bees on no bullet mode*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Well i made it to 2-1 but didnt have a clue what i was doing , Also finished with about 140mil so ill keep my current score for the moment

:)

Im not finished with this , Feels like ive just started really , This game is so deep
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
AliceMargatroid

Alice - 72,600,040 - A-E - 1-4 - :( Hit

Just now I realized that I should take screenshots on the scoreboard and not at the name entry.
And getting the bess in 1-1 - 1-3 is somewhat easy now. I just need to bomb on 1-3.
Naut

Post by Naut »

Naut - 222,439,110 - A-E - 2-3 - 1114 Hit
AliceMargatroid

Alice - 112,478,970 - A-E - 1-5 - 924 Hit

Lost three lives in the beehive section :D
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

I learned to chain a bit:

Erppo - 640,755,710 - A-E - 2-3 - 2174 Hit
Input for Shmupmame v2.2

I could still do somewhat better if I could stop screwing stuff up so much (worst here was failing to get starting hypers for 1-5 and extra stupid mistakes in the loop). It seems I can't however so this will have to do for now.
ncp

Post by ncp »

ncp - 203,012,490 - A-E - 2-3 - 2040 Hit
really bad chaining chaining lol but it's my first 2-3 score hollerrrrr
AliceMargatroid

If I want to record my Input, Shmupmame 3.0b automatically sets rank to EASY and I don't know how to change rank. Is it some random combination of keys?
ncp

Post by ncp »

service mode
AliceMargatroid

ncp wrote:service mode
Made some research about that and found out how to access it. Except I am the only one who can't access it for some unknown reason.
Tried almost everything and I think I don't need to record anyway.
I will play Futari when it gets emulated because I hate DDP's scoring.
ncp

Post by ncp »

when it prompts you to play WL or BL, hold down the service button (f2 by default iirc) for about 3 seconds and it'll send you to the service menu. Make sure it's the "service" bind, not sure if the "service 1/2/3/etc" work.
AliceMargatroid

ncp wrote:when it prompts you to play WL or BL, hold down the service button (f2 by default iirc) for about 3 seconds and it'll send you to the service menu. Make sure it's the "service" bind, not sure if the "service 1/2/3/etc" work.
Suddenly it worked. It worked so hard that I had to exit the Service Menu ~50 Times until I could choose WL/BL again (restarting the game didn't help).

I don't even.
BSM

Post by BSM »

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/12/80/32/92/untitl10.jpg

BaitySM - 238,443,150 - A-E - 2-3 - 1392

naut go update your score
[07:31] <Sapz> Point is, there's likely some secret technique
ave

Post by ave »

Please don't add this to the scoreboards, just posting this for fun:

It's my 1,597 billion 2-ALL on Black Label :mrgreen: ;)

Featuring heavy, HEAVY use of savestates. Just wanted to see what my current skills can handle, but I guess with all the save+reload+save+reload the rank isn't exactly reproduced. I "no-missed" until hibachi with full Maximum bonus, but the bullets' speed didn't increase over stage 1-5.
THE ETERNAL
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Did you saved/reloaded at the start of each stage or at any convenient spot?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
ave

Post by ave »

I didn't play complete stages only, if that's what you mean. Well, in the first loop, yes (except for stage 1-5, where I set a savepoint right before the 2nd midboss and at the last boss).

I usually divided the stages in loop 2 into parts of three (2x stages, 1x boss, at the 3rd and 5th boss I used more than 1 savepoint). You can't use so many saves because it just distracts you and you can't continue your combo. Well, it was just an 2.5hr experiment, but at least I managed to get 2 complete stage 5 chains of 2800+ each, which felt pretty fantastic. Now I just have to be a genius and put it all into one try like Prometheus did :mrgreen:

ps: Oh, and Hibachi. He's really a challenge (I've never battled him although I have the PS2 version for ages), but some of the patterns are a lot easier than they seem to be. For instance the first one with the crossing lines of very fast blue and red bullets - almost ridiculously easy.
Last edited by ave on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ETERNAL
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ave wrote:almost ridiculously easy.
For you. 8)
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ave

Post by ave »

Well, you just have to dash through the lines very fast like they do it in the superplays. I was surprised how easy it is - stay next to a line and pass through it really quick when you feel like it. There's a very small chance you get hit by one of the bullets, I did it that way and no-missed the pattern many times without actually seeing the gaps I was going through.
Then again, the very first pattern of big blue & red bullets right after he launched... living hell. Died many, many times there albeit it looks so easy on the superplays. :?
THE ETERNAL
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

After way too much grinding of the loop for a month and a couple dozen real runs recently, this came out of the blue:

Aliquantic - 420,646,700 - A-E - 2-5 - 1379 Hit
Screenshot

Pretty dull first loop with one miss on 1-3 and one on 1-4, but chaining made up for that in the loop... I came very close to chaining 2-4 all the way to the extend cannon but died stupidly right after the lift, and wasted two lives on 2-3 (the stage itself too!), so there's some potential for improvement. It turns out my idea for a cheesy 2-ALL won't work, though, so getting to Hibachi is the best I'm hoping for now :)

(It feels funny to look back at this thread and see it wasn't that long ago I could barely 1cc with 100m, and the loop looked utterly insane back then...)
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Oh wow, that's really cool!
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Can someone tell me how to acquire the extra lives in this game? I was playing through it today and found one extra life on stage 4 after defeating this huge turret thing in the center of the screen (towards the end of the level). However, I destroyed it on another run and didn't get one. What's the deal with that?

Also, are there other extra lives besides this one? I can't seem to find information on this.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

whoops, sorry. didn't realize that this was a high score thread.
ave

Post by ave »

You have to destroy both sidekicks of the huge cannon first. If you destroy the main part without beating both parts beforehand, it won't release the extend.
It's also the only extend in the game that is not acquired by scoring.

My score from July:

AVE - 470,169,130 - Stage 2-3 - Unknown max chain (I'm such a retard, only saving the initials screen...), but it was probably around 2200

It could have been a lot better if only I managed to chain Stage 5 how I used to in the practice runs. I could do a 22600-2800 chain, but it hasn't worked out in a full run yet. I got 45m after Stage 1, 200 after Stage 3 (before boss) and approximately 275 after Stage 4.
THE ETERNAL
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

ImageImage

SAS - 363,966,320 - A-E - 2-4 - 429( P2 )
Progress!
Also fuck that cannon.
ImageImage
ave

Post by ave »

AVE - 620,332,470 - Stage 2-3 - ca. 2500 combo

Fuck that, I forgot to wait until it displayed the scoreboard so I don't know my exact combo! >_<

I was a pretty lame run from 1-1 to 1-4 actually, I had 205m at the beginning of Stage 5 (my best is 295). I then chained stg5 completely for the first time in a run (combo broke at ~2500 towards the end of the stage when those huge ships appear). I had 498 after the 1-ALL. Lost all of my lives in pretty stupid ways in Stage 1 and somehow made it through that hell they call Stage 1 boss. Stage 2 boss went fairly well. With my current skills I could probably get 700 or more, but I can't chain shit in stage 4, seriously. If I could work that one out I'd score 1bil in the first loop alone lol.
THE ETERNAL
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Nice one!

I promise I'll try to fight for the 4th place if it comes to it. :mrgreen:
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Leandro - 116,994,470 - A-S - 1-2 - 1899 Hit

Had to go to college and suicided all my remains on the boss
ave

Post by ave »

WTF? If you got 116mio by the end of stage 2, that means you're pretty good in this game up to that point. How can your high score be only 116m? Try again! You can do at least 200 by continuing survival-style!
THE ETERNAL
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Enigma-142,376,850- A-E - 2-1 - 1306 Hit

First 1-all of the game and first time ever looping anything. If I decide to get serious with the loop, I would need to be a lot better on the first. I'd also switch to Leinyan or Shotia for more bombs.