Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Thrill

Re: Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

Post by Thrill »

Thanks, I found the review.

He said the ASMedia chipsets aren't compatible but the AVerMedia site says they are, with Windows 8.1.

This actually leads me to a new point which I wish I could test myself if I had limitless funds but oh well.

AVerMedia said this: With ASMedia chipset, 1080p 60 FPS recording is only supported when running Windows 8.1 / 8 with Microsoft’s built-in USB 3.0 driver.

This is only my speculation but this is what I think happened. During the Windows 7 days, Microsoft was completely sick of some manufacturers not writing drivers that supplied full bandwidth. For Windows 8 (atleast 8.1), it seems like they wrote their own driver for ALL USB3 chipsets and cards. This is the reason why AVerMedia specifically state Windows 8 since the universal driver doesn't work for Windows 7.

So basically my guess here is that whatever USB3 chipset you have e.g. ASMedia, Fresco or Renesas, they should all be able to use the inbuilt Microsoft USB3 driver and get maximum speed on Windows 8.1

In order to test this theory, we need a very specific person that doesn't mind testing for a day or so. We need someone with a ASMedia chip (it's the crappiest) and a USB3 capture card. Probably the Shuttle is best since that has the highest requirements but anything else might be okay too. We need to first verify that Windows 7 fails to use it (e.g. flickering video/frame drops) and then we need the same person to install 8.1 and retry the card again using the Microsoft inbuilt USB3 driver.
Thrill

Post by Thrill »

Review of the GC550 in case anyone is looking for an alternative to XCAPTURE, or just curious: http://www.thethrillness.com/2015/07/av ... gc550.html
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

Hi All

I've just got my pcie card mounted (based on Nec Renesas USB 3.0) on my computer, using driver : 1_1_0_141_5 from Micomsoft

And I've got a little problem here : :?

The HDMI input are not showing a picture at all (Amarec or either videokeeper), (the passtru is ok)

I've tried many combination, with different hdmi cable :

Xrgb mini > Xcapture = nothing > passtru ok
X360 > Xcapture = nothing > passtru ok
CII > Xcapture = Nothing > passtru ok
PS3 + splitter > Xcapture = nothing > passtru ok

The other input I've tried seems to work (Dterminal)
SFC via xselectd4 (D-terminal) = Ok ^^

So I am doing something wrong, or did I miss something ?

Edit : When I select 15m hdmi cable I get the HDCP logo
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

I know for a fact that with the PS3 HDMI capture just is not possible via HDMI. I know some have done a workaround for it with a splitter, but it depends on what kind of HDMI splitter used. I couldn't tell you what's up with Xbox 360, as what I use (a Startech PEXHDCAP) worked fine on the Dashboard and games (but HDCP on stuff like Netflix). Not sure what the CII is, and the Framemeister issue seems confusing. I read reports of people having it work fine with theirs and other devices that could capture via HDMI.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

C2 is a Crystalio 2 (an upscaler like the xrgb)

So hooked directly my second hdmi output of my computer, and still nothing show on...

That's a strange problem - the signal is well detected on the device setting - showing me 1920X1080 at 60fps...(with the hdmi set to 2m)

Once I've got the screen (menu) of the X360 showed up, but it was like multiply all over the capture overlay, and the res was like 320X240

Does HDMI capture require a bigger (faster?) space than my USB card had (based on Nec chipset) ??

In the other way it works very well with component input

I'm guessing my unit is defective :|

Edit : I've got crispy sound when plug the x360 (but still no image)

Edit 2 : Just see that my motherboard's got a pcie 1.0 and I plug the USB card into it, so it'll clearly not work, so plugging in the 2.0 slot and tadam...all is working now !!! ^^
Whitesnake

Post by Whitesnake »

Has anyone had problems with capturing the SEGA Master System on the StarTech USB3HDCAP or XCapture-1?

For some reason when I try to capture the SMS the (View)(Cap) framerate in AmaRecTV drops to 40-50fps and the sound also rattles badly. The framerate should be close to 60. The problem exists in PAL mode too.

I have tried two Master System's so far, a Model 2 I modded for RGB and an unmodded Model 1 with RGB the problem even happens on the SEGA Mega Drive when playing in SMS mode but is fine when running Mega Drive games.

The problem doesn't happen when using composite either.

I've tried changing drivers but the problem persists. Even tried the latest XCapture-1 drivers.

Multiple RGB Scart leads have been tried and tested.

I'm using a SyncStrike in conjunction with my StarTech USB3HDCAP

EDIT: I looked further into the settings of AmaRecTV under "Advanced">Audio Renderer Setting>Play Property

For the RGB the the Rate under Monitor fluctuates between 47293-47736 Hz

If I use composite the audio is 48000 Hz dead on. I guess that is the reason for the audio rattle but I'm out of ideas on how to fix it.
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

Does anyone know if this works under Windows 10?
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Has anyone tried this with Windows 10 yet and is the 100% CPU bug present???
Thrill

Post by Thrill »

Well they use similar drivers to internal card which Blizzz posted was fine so I guess these are fine to.
charlocharlie

Post by charlocharlie »

Smashbro29 wrote:Does anyone know if this works under Windows 10?
lettuce wrote:Has anyone tried this with Windows 10 yet and is the 100% CPU bug present???
I upgraded to Windows 10. My USB3HDCAP running the latest Micomsoft drivers seems to be running perfectly. I don't think the 100% CPU bug is still around, but I can't confirm because my laptop's power profiles really mess up the CPU usage readouts.
shinjig

Post by shinjig »

Has anyone tried to see if the xcapture still works after installing windows 10?
charlocharlie

Post by charlocharlie »

shinjig wrote:Has anyone tried to see if the xcapture still works after installing windows 10?
Did you read my post right above yours? lol

The USB3HDCAP functions identically to the XCAPTURE-1 so I assume the XCAPTURE-1 would work perfectly fine with Windows 10.
shinjig

Post by shinjig »

So just because another device that is similar to the xcapture1 works in windows 10 the xcapture1 should as well? Despite it having different inputs, different drivers, different pass through ports?

I could understand the SC500n1 and other revisions was basically a rebranded startech card so those drivers are interchangable. This however doesn't appear to be the case. <edit> looks like it might work. Though some posts a few pages back said that it didn't work in windows 10.

Which leaves me to believe that it won't work out of the box, but after playing around with drivers for 30 minutes it might start working again.
akumajo

Post by akumajo »

is there any advantage for upgrading to windows 10 ? I mean for capturing.
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

akumajo wrote:is there any advantage for upgrading to windows 10 ? I mean for capturing.
Windows 10 is more optimized, means you can use more of your cpu.
ramunegaming

Post by ramunegaming »

Hi, I am struggling to get audio out of my framemeister when it's connected to my X-capture 1 device (used to work fine) the problem seems to lie with the x-capture 1 as if I plug my framemeister in my tv I get audio just fine. So I am wondering if you guys had any advice on how to fix this because I really want to provide high quality visuals for my viewers but without audio it's kind of pointless. I woulbe be really thankful :D
GQDang

Post by GQDang »

Hello, I'm wondering what settings y'all use in Amarec to make your games look real nice without a Framemeister? I am currently using the StarTech USB3HDCAP with the Micomsoft drivers, but my game still looks booty. Here's an archive of my stream, http://www.twitch.tv/gqdang/v/15292804

Help?

Amarec Settings:

Format: w=720, h=480, fps, 59.94, fcc=YUY2, bit=16
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Scan Mode: Over scan
Deinterlacing: Top field first
Function: Role-Playing Game
Scan Line Doubler: Enable
Last edited by GQDang on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbitminiboss

Post by eightbitminiboss »

GQDang wrote:Hello, I'm wondering what settings y'all use in Amarec to make your games look real nice with a Framemeister? I am currently using the StarTech USB3HDCAP with the Micomsoft drivers, but my game still looks booty. Here's an archive of my stream, http://www.twitch.tv/gqdang/v/15292804

Help?

Amarec Settings:

Are you not matching the output resolution from the Framemeister? Deinterlacing shouldn't be used if the Framemeister is set up to output a progressive signal.
GQDang

Post by GQDang »

eightbitminiboss wrote:
GQDang wrote:Hello, I'm wondering what settings y'all use in Amarec to make your games look real nice with a Framemeister? I am currently using the StarTech USB3HDCAP with the Micomsoft drivers, but my game still looks booty. Here's an archive of my stream, http://www.twitch.tv/gqdang/v/15292804

Help?

Amarec Settings:

Are you not matching the output resolution from the Framemeister? Deinterlacing shouldn't be used if the Framemeister is set up to output a progressive signal.
Sorry, I just edited it to say without.
Teknoman

Post by Teknoman »

GQDang wrote:
charlocharlie wrote: I've made great use out of it using the HDMI, VGA, and component inputs, but today I have been having problems with S-Video and composite from my N64. If the S-Video is processed through a RGB decoder and then input to the card over VGA, it's fine, but with composite and S-Video, I get a weird cut off image like this:

That is the image I see. The bottom half is obviously cut off. My AmaRec settings are set to defaults with no cropping. The capture card drivers interpret the video as 1440x240p @ 60fps. I'm guessing that's the issue. Is there a fix for this, or is it just the out of date Startech drivers?

Thanks all the info in this thread.
I would like to bump this as I am having the same issue, but I have updated my USB3HDCAP with the Micomsoft drivers. My S Video keeps only having half a screen and I've scroll through every resolution on Amarec. All of my other inputs are fine. (HDMI, Component)
I'm having the same issue as well with the USB3HDCAP + Micomsoft drivers. Works perfectly for systems when using the SCART RGB to Component converter (SNES, Genesis, Saturn) however when connecting via Composite with the NES:

I tried to see what would happen if I connected using the USBHDCAP component input dongle with a composite plug (Yellow to Green) and it actually displays the correct image size, albeit in black and white of course. This is even when using the software that came with the startech disc (Streamcatcher) or Amerec.

PCEngine DUO has the same issue via Composite. Dreamcast works perfectly via S-Video though. N64 works, but only because I have it RGB modded using the same cable I do for my SNES, and PS1 games via PS2 over component work great as well.

So I suppose the only way to fix this issue (unless its a driver issue and not hardware related) with NES/N64/PCengine is to have an RGB modded system?

EDIT: Hmm...using OpenBroadcaster, looks like you can just set a custom resolution of 720x480 along with choosing fit to screen, and then everything works perfectly via composite for NES when capturing. I tried that before with AmercTV but apparently the setting just didn't activate?
GQDang

Post by GQDang »

I keep getting this message from Amarec ever since I got my USB3HDCAP that is using XCapture-1 Drivers. http://imgur.com/0Ypf0qi

Any idea of what's going on?
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

Hello,

I've got a XCAPTURE-1 hooked up to my PC (not laptop).
I'm running the latest drivers and windows 10, can PCs also be affected by the 100% cpu bug, if so, how do I check this?
The task manager does not show 100% cpu usage but I remember hearing it didn't show in task manager.

Anyone know?
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

Skavi_ wrote:Hello,

I'm running the latest drivers and windows 10, can PCs also be affected by the 100% cpu bug, if so, how do I check this?
The task manager does not show 100% cpu usage but I remember hearing it didn't show in task manager.

Anyone know?
You're getting picture on Windows 10?

Also if you're not noticing it it's probably not happening.
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

Smashbro29 wrote:
Skavi_ wrote:Hello,

Anyone know?
You're getting picture on Windows 10?

Also if you're not noticing it it's probably not happening.
Yea, everything seems to work fine. Only thing I've noticed is that my HDMI Pass-through gets some purple filter/layer when I start my SNES before starting my framemeister. Not a huge deal however as I know how to fix it.
Thrill

Post by Thrill »

Something insane my friend told me is that this device works over USB 2.0!

Of course only SD resolutions will work but that's kinda cool still.
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

That's usually the case for any USB3 devices.
Thrill

Post by Thrill »

blizzz wrote:That's usually the case for any USB3 devices.
Oh yeah of course hard drives and stuff will be fine but was surprised about an actual capture device, especially since both the Shuttle and LGX won't even touch USB2.
DanAdamKOF

Post by DanAdamKOF »

Has anyone used the XCapture-1 with a USB 3.0 Expresscard?
STG

Post by STG »

DanAdamKOF wrote:Has anyone used the XCapture-1 with a USB 3.0 Expresscard?
I did for a short while, it worked but because it was an older laptop running XP I didn't get great performance with Amarec or Videokeeper. Certainly wasn't because of the card. I upgraded my laptop to the latest and greatest with multiple 3.0 ports shortly after that.
akumajo

Post by akumajo »

new driver : http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xcapture-1_V ... .160.5.zip

■Windows10に対応しました
●VideoKeeper2をnVidia社GPUのエンコード支援機能「NVENC」に対応しました。
 (CUDA対応は廃止しました)

●VideoKeeper2の設定機能に「特殊調整設定」を追加しました。
 ・アナログRGB入力時の表示位置を微調整できます。
 ・画面の色合いなどを調整できます。
※調整後に特殊調整設定TABを再表示すると、設定した値が反映されない問題を確認しています。

●長時間録画(6時間以上)を行なった動画を再生すると、WindowsMediaPlayerで再生が不安定になったり、PEGASYS社TMPEG Encで開けなくなる問題を改善しました。

<確認されているソフトウェアやドライバーなどに依存する問題点や症状>

●コンポジット・ビデオやSビデオのデ・インターレス処理が正常に動作していません。このため、インターレース映像を入力すると垂直の解像度が半分になります。

●アナログRGBでHD画質(720pなど)の映像をキャプチャーすると、赤と青のレベルが低めになる。

●アナログRGBで、パソコンのBIOS画面などをキャプチャーした際720x400pixel(70Hz)の映像で「640x449」や「640x448」と認識されることがあります。
 画面上に黒い部分が多いためオートアジャストが誤動作するものと思われます。

●アナログRGBで、PC-8801mkⅡSRなどの24kHz 400ライン映像(グラフィック画面で「カラー」,「黒」,「カラー」,「黒」・・・・の様なスキャンライン画像)をキャプチャーすると、画面がモノクロになります。

●同じ解像度で、極性変化のみによる「CVT」,「CVT-RB」,「GTF」,「DMT」などの解像度の変化は対応できません。
 また、これら4種類の解像度の中には対応できない物があります。

●「特殊調整設定」で設定TABを再表示した際に設定が操作盤に反映されない(数値や調整バーが初期設定になってしまう)

●特定の業務用ゲーム開発基板(パチンコ基板)は解像度が特殊なため表示位置がズレる、アスペクトが異常になるなどの症状が発生します(対応予定はありません)。

<ハードウェア相性情報(解決ができない仕様上の問題点)>

下記のパソコンやマザーボード、及びチップセットは本機を利用可能なハードウェアスペックを備えていますが、相性により正常に動作しない、または未対応です。
・AMD社のCPU(FX型のCPU)を搭載したパソコンやマザーボードに接続して使用すると、動作が不安定になったり、正常に動作しない場合があります。
 これらのCPUを搭載したパソコンやマザーボードでの動作保証はいたしかねます。