The Self-Introduction Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Slump

Re: The Self-Introduction Thread

Post by Slump »

What!? And introduction thread!? :twisted:

Well I suppose I should formally introduce myself as well since we have a place to do so. My name is Slump (Real name? Probably not...) and I'm a 21 year old college student (Computer Information Systems) from hickville Ohio (Yes, we have the internet!). I've lurked in the shadows of this forum for quite a while and finally decided to go ahead and join. I've had a long history with shmups starting when my Uncle introduced me to the grandest, greatest of them all: Galaga! By the age of five I learned to hate bugs, love bullets, and blame all my inadequacies on poor programming! :lol: I currently play most of my games on emulators but I do own a SNES, Dreamcast, and 360 with assorted titles for each. I suppose that pretty much covers it for now, cheers everyone!
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Today to the web sight of the large place and welcome shmup.org was called!

The shmup difficult operation therefore being placed in your deliberation, makes the play of the game possible! When it can be less crowded, all the money in your pocket is the only thing which remains...in order to do the accounting figure of the visa and master card to the fullness which is ended! This time it does the preparation which sinks to shmup.org, it does not allot because you do not forget to wash your rear quarter panel completely, and if so it does, the odor is removed!

If so, welcome to place that is shmup.org...my demon God!
Fight Like A Robot!
errzotl

Post by errzotl »

Hi all.
I have been playing STGs since in grade school, but got seriously in this srzbznz a year ago.
Thanks to Touhou games, if not by those games my interest in STG could be extinct, just like all shmups games in my country.
Another fave currently : Dodonpachi, Mushihime, Death Smile

Well, thats all, peace :)
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Robotron's welcome posts never cease to amuse me. :D
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

lolololol
Last edited by mesh control on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol
MyGameCompany

Post by MyGameCompany »

Hello everyone!

My name is Troy, and I'm an indie game developer. I just found this web site today. I love shmups, and I'm hoping by participating here that maybe I'll discover some good games that I didn't know about. I'm on a Mac, and I just got a Wii for Christmas, so if anyone can recommend some good games for either of these platforms, I'm listening! :D
Troy Hepfner
My Game Company
http://www.mygamecompany.com
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

In Shmup.org quick recovery thank you!

We including the visa or master card in order to buy shmup of import, although all your clothing it can be less crowded, spend time, it recognizes! This hurt is not different in the money you spend! Therefore as for the welcome to shmup.org you must inspect whether or not your back section area there is no bacterium!

If so, us shall go shmupping!

Greeting!
Fight Like A Robot!
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

Sorry about eariler... :lol: I had no idea this thread existed. Anyway, I'm been to Shmups.com for awhile and it's GREAT to know there's other shmupheads out there :)

Fave type of shmups: PC Engine/ Megadrive, both vert and hori.

Current favs: Thunder Force III, Soldier Blade, AirZonk(trumps Zonk CD), Biohazard Battle,
and Blazing Lasers 8)
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Hey there :)

I'm a PC Engine-'school' fan too, especially Soldier Blade - the perfect vert shmup for me 8)
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

I'm also currently into making my own games using The Games Factory program.Right now I'm working on a PC-Engine styled vert called "Samurai Sabre. It's going to feature mecha, ur usual space ships, bio-tech battlecraft AND samurai piloting said space ships verus NINJAS...in...outerspace. :lol:
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

- Person of welcome and Dennis to shmup.org!
As of seeing that comment, I want it to be made into a boss WARNING message :mrgreen:
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

ShmupSamurai wrote:It's going to feature mecha, ur usual space ships, bio-tech battlecraft AND samurai piloting said space ships verus NINJAS...in...outerspace.
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Hi everyone. I have been a fellow visitor of these forums for a while and now I have just decided to join the comunity. I love shooting games but my skills where lost while I grew up. Since I own a NTSC/J 360 I enjoy all the Cave godness.
I really hope to catch your high scores sometime in my life :oops:
NR777

Post by NR777 »

I suppose I should be polite for a change and post an introduction. My name is Nate, I live in NYC, I work as a web developer and I'm a stand-up comic. I've been a huge fan of these games since my arcade days as a kid, and I still remember those smelly, smoky gaming dungeons with great fondness. Yes, I have lurked here for a long time before signing up. I'm a big Cave fan yet I don't own a J360, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that my current favorite games are Mushihimesama Futari, ESP Ra.De, and Progear...all of which I suck at. :) It's good to be here.
Jockel wrote:I could never play on a screen that's smaller than my dick.
serious internet is serious
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

Welcome to the forum :P
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
Darkseed

Post by Darkseed »

I wasnt aware of this thread and have already posted in others, but I guess Im still a noob so here it goes.

I'm from Brooklyn N.Y. and work for the IT dept. for a famous womens garment company. Im also a musician/songwriter/producer mainly heavy metal and atmospheric stuff.

Ive been addicted to shmups ever since I played Gradius as a kid and still consdier that my favorite shmup series.

Ive played every shmup under the sun but am not so good at any of them (esp. compared to some of you guys) and even though I love FPS and 3rd person games, I still consider shmups to be the purest, most engaging form of interactive entertainment.

I am also very interested in doing music for videogames (esp. shmups).

Some of my favorite games are:

Gradius series
Darius series
DoDonpachi
Soldier Blade (actually most PC Engine shmups)
Gigawing
Ether Vapor
ProGear
Ibara
Ikaruga
Thunder Force series
Imperishable Night
Rayforce
Cloudphobia
....and many others.

So far this forum rules and thank you to any devs that are reading this for keeping the genre alive.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

You were welcomed to shmup.org, town of the fish of new flavor!

Inside us, the new blood started dissolving when we find the fact that people returned to the place called shmup.org!! Because import games is not cheap, do plenty of preparation which uses visa and the mastercard like the animal of wilderness! Other than the welcoming to shmup.org, let us force fear and desire with the fact that it makes the seat of your chair smell offensive, and now must be cleansed with solvents!

Shmup.org.....get to your feet and welcome the person(s) of interest!
Fight Like A Robot!
Ixranin

Post by Ixranin »

ShmupSamurai wrote:It's going to feature mecha, ur usual space ships, bio-tech battlecraft AND samurai piloting said space ships verus NINJAS...in...outerspace.
IN SPACE!

Ixranin here; another on-and-off lurker. Never been good at shmups myself since I rarely practice, but I still find some sort of calling that keeps me watching them. Since I don't play them too heavily you probably won't see me say much in the actual shmup threads, but I keep my eye on the Development board.
Ravicious

Post by Ravicious »

I'm Ravicious... you can find me on Newgrounds or the Game Maker Forums. I made a rather huge accomplishment of making one of the top 100 songs on Newgrounds.com (#73 - "Run'n'Gun"). In order to focus my strengths in art and programming instead of music, I figured I could make a bigger impact with my current endeavors.

Ever since I played Space Invaders on the Apple II when I was a tyke, shmups have been my favorite genre of video games of all time. Over the years I've learned to program my own shmups and invest nearly all my creative energy into my projects.

I've gained most of my shmup inspiration from Strikers 1945 (all), Metal Slug (all), Contra III, and Mushihimesama.

So far I've been working on my project for 10 months and yet to have a playable demo in spite of how much content is already in it. Had I have known I'd spend this much time and effort developing a game alone, I probably would've killed myself 2 years ago :mrgreen: . Although many of my projects have failed in the past due to many personal issues, my current project has survived more than five hiatuses (three of which were from homelessness). All thanks to the boundless support from family, friends, and the Game Maker forums, I am able to continue building my dream video game. That also brings me to my main purpose... I generally seek to reach out to other members specifically interested in shmups to reinforce that motivation that I still possess.

Needless to say, I feel I am in the right place and know that I'll be here for a very long time.
-Bring me my pendulum kiddies, I feel like swinging.
spikehead

Post by spikehead »

I discovered this place just recently after getting interested in console games again.
I completly dropped out of video/ computer games before the PS 2 was released and instead started painting single 28mm lead miniatures (seriously). Luckily my Mega Drive with half a dozen games including TF 3 and Musha survived the purge. Playing them again after several years really got me back into shmups and I alraedy dished out some bucks for a tiny selection of Saturn games. I now just need to acquire the console again. :D
I actually thought that this genre died with the rise of souless 3d games. Regarding the dedication shown on this board I´m happy to see the opposite holds true.
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

Welcome abroad! :P
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
AcidBath86

Post by AcidBath86 »

I'm a few posts late, but yeah, I found the forums while looking for some information on import shmups. I recently felt the urge to get back into the genre after playing Raiden IV. Needless to say I think it's great to have a community like this. From reading around, I was able to get more insight on some Jap shmups. I had been on the fence for a while but finally pulled a the trigger and bought an import 360 from a member here as well.
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

U got a import 360? Awesome :mrgreen:
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

The thought which for the shmup.org contractor is urged, calms down the storm!

As for us new arrival " It presumes that it continues long after "Game Over" screen makes the circuit of the screen short-circuit! Because this time the cost effect is not large enough to gamers whose shmups of import is small, the import dealer will do the reaching and you are closest eagerly because of the visa or master card becoming the stripe, penetration does the range....and you grab!

For the second time, desired low light level for shmup.org! Be seated!
Fight Like A Robot!
Radiant Cinnabun

Post by Radiant Cinnabun »

I'm Maggie.

I was a terror since the R-Type 1 era: no Salamanders, just bydo and gomanders. Killin' bosses was a daily routine since thirteen, a shmuppy player on the scene.

Bydo wanna fight but all I wanna know is where my Force is at... and can I pull it back. If not, I hope I don't get shot. Better throw some credits on the game, cuz dobkeratops is lame.

Bacterian wanna front? Won't stand for that
(Maggie)
Zelos tryin' to Force? I'll force him back.
(Maggie)
It ain't hard to tell I'm the R-Type over doser.
Bydo, you afraid? You supposed to.
man9child

Post by man9child »

Hey everyone, my name's Paul and I'm from NYC. I've liked shmups forever, starting with R-Type probably, but didn't really get that into the genre until Ikaruga came out on the Dreamcast and served as my gateway drug into the genre. I particularly like games from Cave, Raizing, Treasure, and Psikyo, as well as some older horis, especially the "Thunder" games on the TG16 (Gate and Lords). Mid to late 90's and early 2000's is my sweet spot for the genre, so that means I have my Saturn and PS2 hooked up quite a lot as I'm not too big on emulation. Mushi Futari gets much love, though.

Currently playing Battle Garegga (got up to last stage on a credit for the first time today) and Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Radiant Cinnabun wrote:I'm Maggie.
It's nice to meet fellow R-Type 1 addicts! :D
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Where we were small and now are big...welcome shmup.org!

Delightful laughter is heard exceeding the passage!

The visa and master card which comes with the strength to buy import shmups, it is hard, so we desire the fact that this is taken in order to make our shmuppers remember! Lastly, stench always dampens the buttocks of your heart where the chemical detergent has been attached in order to fight the stain! That talent rich thing is its own reward!

You were welcomed to shmup.org the new automobile smell! It starts to make all electric batteries start with the enemy for the bullet hell!

:mrgreen:
Fight Like A Robot!
Spiderift

Post by Spiderift »

Hi guys. I've been a lurker here for a bit. This forum's a pretty nice treasure trove of news, info and opinions on anything shmup-related, so yeah!

I got introduced to shmups as a genre through a friend with Touhou, of all things. Since then, I've tried and enjoyed DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.De., Progear, Battle Bakraid, Exceed 3rd and Blue Wish Resurrection. Oh, Tyrian was fun too.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Spiderift wrote:Hi guys. I've been a lurker here for a bit. This forum's a pretty nice treasure trove of news, info and opinions on anything shmup-related, so yeah!

I got introduced to shmups as a genre through a friend with Touhou, of all things. Since then, I've tried and enjoyed DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.De., Progear, Battle Bakraid, Exceed 3rd and Blue Wish Resurrection. Oh, Tyrian was fun too.
Greetings from shmup.org! Why have you lain hidden?

Eager work is your thing which is shmups demand for the hell of the bullet! When the credit card flows out the green raw materials, between future it cries! The breath which it is possible the foul air the clean clothing where new smell has been floating, remember that therefore we are created!

Shmup.org welcomes you! Now make preparation your weapon and off it goes!
Fight Like A Robot!