Shmupmame 4.2: Lagless Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, Galaga 88

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Drachenherz

Re: Shmupmame v2.0, new drivers and Fire Barrel "working"

Post by Drachenherz »

Zaarock wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:Jup, I'll definetely roll back to the previous version. I want to practice some boss fights in EspRaDe... Getting constantly butt-raped by the 3rd boss (the tank in the shopping mall level with yusuke...), and only managed it once (1!) to get to level 4 on one credit... My goal is to constantly reach level 4 on 1 credit until xmas... And for that, I guess I have to practice Boss 3. Because I get there without loosing 1 life, but the boss... Yeah. It sucks.
If you select yusuke with B you'll always get shopping mall as the second stage, makes survival a bit easier I think.
Jup, I realised that. Shopping Mall as the third level, or more to say, the "tank" boss as the 3rd boss, is harder than the "helicopter-thingy-boss" as a 3rd boss...

Buuuuut... I always choose the Sea-stage as the second stage... I don't know why, I must be masochistic. ^^ And my pride somehow doesn't let me choose the mall stage as the second stage. I know, stoopid man-proud-thingy...
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Drachenherz wrote:Jup, I'll definetely roll back to the previous version. I want to practice some boss fights in EspRaDe... Getting constantly butt-raped by the 3rd boss (the tank in the shopping mall level with yusuke...), and only managed it once (1!) to get to level 4 on one credit... My goal is to constantly reach level 4 on 1 credit until xmas... And for that, I guess I have to practice Boss 3. Because I get there without loosing 1 life, but the boss... Yeah. It sucks.
I use JD the Fifth and find the third stage boss (for me the Helicopter) to be a pain in the ass, maybe consider using other characters. Also, in case you didnt know already, the hitbox is at the back of the neck where they all have a back of a scarf or something similar. Knowing where the hitbox is generally helps me when I'm practicing.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

As someone who due to another cheapo pad biting the dust has been forced to use the analog stick on my spare pad untill I get hold of a new replacement pad with a useable d-pad. Its totally annoying that windows 7 doesnt have any native deadzone support. Forcing me to use utilities like Xpadder or DXTweak to alter the deadzones of my analog sticks. Unfortunatly when I boot up a game in MAME any alterations ive made to the deadzones are ignored for some reason (ive noticed this happens in a few other PC games aswell) making the games unplayable (atleast untill i get a new pad)

Is there any utilities or a (simple) method to get mame to recognise any deadzone changes using 3rd party software? If not maybe Its something Nimitz could consider putting onto his to do list (that or adding deadzone support into ShmupMame itself thus removing any need for 3rd party utilities like Xpadder)
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

You'd rather use an analog stick than a keyboard?
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

yep even though an analog stick without its deadzone set correctly is much more enjoyable then using a keyboard. Infact if I had to play shmups, platformers or any other arcade game using a keyboard I would just stop playing them all together and instead play FPS and RTS games that imo are made for mouse and keyboard control.

EDIT question Ive got a dog thats a sod for chewing cabling, Im thinking about possibly going for wireless controllers atleast untill hes grown up from a puppy and we train him out of the habit. Anyway I know they introduce lagg, but how much lagg? what about if im close to the receiver, will that minamise the lagg? Am I totally wasting my time thinking about about using wireless controllers atleast with MAME?
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Shmupmame uses roms for the v1.37 mame build. (different versions of mame need different roms packs) So looking in most standard rom websites is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Just google "mame 137 rom pack" and DL one of the torrents, you should get the eeproms with them. (ie the eeprom for DDP will probably be inside the DDP rom folder). You can set your torrent utility to just download one or two files if the whole torrent is too big for you. Dont forget to seed the torrent once youve fully uploaded it, especially if the number of seeders is very low :)

(Im hoping that those big ass letters will dirrect other ppl in the right way, and i wont have to write the same shit yet again)

Edit FYI atm v2.0 of shmupmame doesnt support save states in cave games, if you want to use save states use the older v1.5 shmupmame (Mame 32Plus! .99)

BTW how do put coloured text into my posts?
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

someone please add support for Ketsui onto this one!... it needs to be done.
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Don't worry :P
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Would it be possible to create a build based on the AdvanceMAME source, so you can run it in DOS, or is that way too hard/much work?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Advancemame is insanely old; I think the last version of it was based on 0.106; there's been fairly major changes to mame since then. There's a reason advancemame hasn't been updated or picked up by someone else; it's a huge pain to do.

emphatic wrote:Would it be possible to create a build based on the AdvanceMAME source, so you can run it in DOS, or is that way too hard/much work?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

The reason I asked is that someone added CPS3 to AdvanceMAME a while back, so I just figured that it could be possible.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90760.0

Edit: Nevermind though, I just remembered that USB doesn't work in DOS, so hooking up controllers would be a difficult.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Just google "mame 137 rom pack" and DL one of the torrents, you should get the eeproms with them. (ie the eeprom for DDP will probably be inside the DDP rom folder). You can set your torrent utility to just download one or two files if the whole torrent is too big for you. Dont forget to seed the torrent once youve fully uploaded it, especially if the number of seeders is very low :)

Edit FYI atm v2.0 of shmupmame doesnt support save states in cave games, if you want to use save states use the older v1.5 shmupmame (Mame 32Plus! .99)

BTW how do put coloured text into my posts?
oh my god, the colors

(Cutting out part of the post out of respect to the thread.)
nimitz

Re: Shmupmame v2.2, Ketsui and Doj BL

Post by nimitz »

2.2 is out, check first post.

Also, please don't point people to roms. The admins don't like it.
KBZ

Re: Shmupmame v2.2, Ketsui and Doj BL

Post by KBZ »

=/
power UP

Re: Shmupmame v2.2, lagless Ketsui, Doj and Doj BL

Post by power UP »

Does this include the speed fix? Ketsui seems little faster, maybe I'm just imagining it though.
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Yes the speed is fixed. (59.17hz)
Pulsewidth

Post by Pulsewidth »

Awesome :D
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Does this include the rank fix in DOJ?
If yes then this game is really easier than xbox360 version! Even after use lot of hyper and no miss until stage 4 (where I have lots of problens in high rank) the game was very friendly. Maybe the game runs faster in port.
Since now a huge thanks!
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

the rank *should* be fixed.

But if there are some good players here who can consistently loop the game and know it well, I would like to know what you think about the rank in this version.
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

Thanks for the hard work, shmupmame team!

I want to compile on mac. Do the shmupmame patches go on top of vanilla mame 140 or should the 140u1 and 140u2 patches be applied first?
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

Awesome work. Thanks! And a BIG thanks to the poeple who got these roms to work.
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Playing Ketsui.

feels good man
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Pretty sure the rank in DOJ is now fixed, as it's kicking my ass a lot harder than it was when I was screwing around before ..
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Since ive had a few PMs requesting links latley I might aswell write this:-

FYI for anyone looking for the mame 137 romset there are 2 torrents thats been run atm. One is 23.5gig is size and is dead (which is what a google search usually brings up) and another torrent with the same name that is 23.2gigs in size (which is healthy and im seeding aswell, but the tracker hosts are mostly hidden to google searches)

Luckly theres a new (or should I say "old") rom site is in town that has every rom individually displayed. (google "mame 0 137 roms")
Last edited by TrevHead (TVR) on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Since ive had a few PMs requesting links latley I might aswell write this:-

FYI for anyone looking for the mame 137 romset there are 2 torrents thats been run atm. One is 23.5gig is size and is dead (which is what a google search usually brings up) and another torrent with the same name that is 23.2gigs in size (which is healthy and im seeding aswell, but the tracker hosts are mostly hidden to google searches, inc pleasuredome, openbittorrent, torrentbay)

Luckly theres a new (or should I say "old") rom site is in town that has every rom individually displayed.
I got mine from some guy's "iStorage" place (I think that's what it was called) which had every file affected by the newest release of MAME including Ketsui and the Dodonpachis. Big thanks to the guy, I forgot the name and place though.
rancor

Post by rancor »

jepjepjep wrote:I want to compile on mac.
...And I will make sweet love to you... :wink:
My mac is top-of-the-line, but my PC just isn't running Ketsui/DDP very well..
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

THANK YOU!
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Thanks a lot! Í love this!
ImageImage
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Absolutely jawsome! I noticed a bug in DOJ Black Label. When you kill a boss, the music instead of stopping, freezes.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Also from me, a big, warm, heartily

Thank you!!!
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance