Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) UPD Aug2021

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Battlesmurf

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) Updated APR

Post by Battlesmurf »

Update complete.

Reminder: please post in the following format:

{Version/region}
[user name]-[Score]-[Stage]-[Pilot/Gunner]-[Extra info-optional bomb/life stock left over after clear]

Also- please PM me if you post a score- that way I know to head over here :)

Congrats on the score increases fellas!
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
mlk

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) Updated J

Post by mlk »

Hello

Little better

mld - 130,939,200 - Stage 2-ALL - Ring/Chain

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/prog0000.png/
ArrogantBastard

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) Updated J

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Good job on score improvement and the 2-ALL clear.

Keep up the good work.
Battlesmurf

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) Updated A

Post by Battlesmurf »

no kidding o.o

Updated.
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

FML, I managed to 1-ALL the JP version but my score isn't as good as my previous one by like 200 thousand. Damn it, I was so psyched to clear it for the first time! even if I'm a kusoplayer, lol So yeah, I'm posting this anyways.

BKR - 13,623,930 - 1-ALL - Bolt & Nail (A+B+2PStart/Forward Formation)

woo new high score
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
STG

Post by STG »

2-3 zapped all my energy tonight, brutal stage but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Not bad while being hungover today, ugh.

JPN PCB (all default)
STG - 67,443,250 - 2-4 - Ring/Nail

TJB

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) Updated O

Post by TJB »

I started playing this last Thursday, technically I had played a little bit before that too, but that was just keyboard + mame which personally doesn't really account for much, especially because it was like 3 or 4 years ago. Would've posted a score earlier but I wanted to wait until I had the battery swapped out for a new one.

JP PCB / Defaults
TJB - 13,645,880 - 5 - Bolt/Rivet

I could not have choked any harder on stage 5, came into it with 4 lives, lost 3 of them within the first 30 seconds, had to pat myself on the back for that one. Didn't even reach the boss, surprisingly.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

Congrats on a solid run though. If you carried that many lives into 5- you can't be much further off getting past it.

Updated list.
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
TJB

Post by TJB »

JP PCB / Defaults
TJB - 17,755,250 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Rivet (Lx1 Bx0)

I actually broke 14mil last week as well as 1CC'ed the first loop but wasn't happy enough with my score, I think it'll be a good week or two before I make any improvements, considering playing as Ring for a bit before I decide who I'll take to the 2nd loop, from there, who knows! But for now, exams :G
STG

Post by STG »

Nice improvement! If you can play without bombing, you'll easily hit that second loop!
TJB

Post by TJB »

Trying haha, I'm getting a lot more consistent on stage 4 and the first half of 5, I just need to work on my bosses and on a good run I should be able to make it, I've essentially quit IIDX to play this so I think with a good months worth of play I might be able to manage, we'll see! (On a side-note I made it to the final boss with just 2 deaths and no bombs used, so I'm pretty stoked about that)

And after a hard days work of bugger-all, I played one credit on a whim and well well well, playing as Ring has taught me a fair bit already.

JP PCB / Defaults
TJB - 18,876,580 - 1-ALL - Bolt/Rivet (Lx2 Bx2)

And NOW I'll stop for exams, heh...
TJB

Post by TJB »

Had an alright credit, died twice in stage 2 but recovered from it and pushed my counter to 100k in stage 4, absolutely floundered my way through stage 5 and made a mental note of my bomb usage so I could enter the second loop.

So here's the first result of my journey into Progear's second loop, my past experience with second loops is almost null so it was certainly an interesting one.

TJB - 22,483,300 - 2-1 - Bolt/Rivet

Could've done a lot better, but I'm a very inconsistent player life-wise so it could be a while before I make an improvement from here on unless I learn that whole gem streaming thing haha.
STG

Post by STG »

Progear's second loop is crazy TJB. Fun, but sometimes rough. Been getting much better at handling 2-2, 2-3, and 2-4, but I just haven't been able to put a single run together without having to bomb or die, thus destroying my score and I'm then playing for survival. 2-5 is insane, I've gotten here a couple times now and it's just so difficult not running out of bombs before the mid boss!

Amazing to think I've been playing this board for over a year now and it still holds my interest! :D
moh

Post by moh »

For the US version :]

moh - 6,125,100 - 1-5 - Ring - Rivet

Hooray! My first post in a high score thread :D
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
Battlesmurf

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) UPD DEC 28

Post by Battlesmurf »

updated. Thanks and keep up the good work peoples!
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
TJB

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) UPD DEC 28

Post by TJB »

So about a week after posting my last score, I checked out some replays floating about and noticed there were a lot of differences, awfully confident my version isn't a boot or anything, I went to check the difficulty setting, it was on 2 :V I set it back to default (4) and decided I won't post anything until I can redeem myself, which I suppose I have!

JP PCB / Defaults
TJB - 24,513,030 - 2-2 - Bolt/Rivet

I came into the second loop with 4 lives, lost 2 on each stage, the deaths on stage 1 were really silly, first was overconfidence (the change in enemy layout really throws you off here) and the second was not realising the boss now has an extra form, go me!

I will set my next goal at 30mil I guess and see what happens!
moh

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) UPD Jan 23

Post by moh »

First run on the pcb and I get a new high score!!

moh - 6,283,010 - 1-5 - Bolt - Rivet
moh

Post by moh »

moh - 8,593,400 - 1-5 - Bolt - Rivet

JUST RAPED MY OLD SCORE.

BRING ME THE BLOWJOBS.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

moh wrote:moh - 8,593,400 - 1-5 - Bolt - Rivet
Reminder: Please note your version/region. Also, it wouldnt hurt to double check difficulty levels :p
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Battlesmurf wrote:Reminder: Please note your version/region. Also, it wouldnt hurt to double check difficulty levels :p
I'd imagine he's playing the US version on his conversion PCB (cause he hates the Japanese voices, lol Rivet's is seriously annoying though).

How close are you to the 1-All, Moh?
moh

Re: Progear no Arashi HS Thread! (US/JPN) UPD Jan 27

Post by moh »

oh shit, sorry. Roo is right, US region. And i've made it half way through the last boss. SO CLOSE TO THE CLEAR!!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

US Version
BKR - 15,368,080 - Stage 5 Boss - Bolt & Nail (A+B+Start/Forward Formation) - MamePlus 0.147

Ffffffffff-

I had four incredibly stupid deaths this run. I actually woulda restarted after dying (twice!) in stage 3, but I had to leave after I was done that run, so I stuck with the credit. Of course, I perfect stage 4, then die twice again in stage 5 (before the midboss and right after!). Can't believe all the lives I lost were at places I normally never get killed, ugh. Went into the boss with 2 extra lives and 2 bombs to spare to attempt to loop, couldn't quite kill that last form.

Also, once you get good enough to seriously attempt to loop the game, you really realize just how many bombs the game gives you (that you almost have to ignore if you're trying to loop it).

Edit:

YAY!

JP Version (I switch between the two to see if there's really much change in difficulty, I can safely say there isn't really. Rank has more of an effect than anything.)
BKR - 16,625,500 - Stage 2-1 (didn't even get to the boss, lol) - Bolt & Nail (A+B+Start/Forward Formation) - MamePlus 0.147

Holy crap I was unprepared for the loop. Went in with only one extra life (the final boss was hairraising as I was just BARELY away from the 15 mil extend and I only just got it as he died, was very lucky during his last attack) I died once with a full bomb stock, then gameovered after panic bomb spamming. Gems fall faster, everything is nasty as hell (the large planes at the start of stage 1, oh geez). Can't wait to seriously put some effort into improving my loop performance. Also had a couple WTF dodges throughout the early portion of the game that I'm surprised didn't result in a death.
STG

Post by STG »

Nice to finally contribute something new here, finally cracked 70m although my place on the chart is unchanged... What a dumb death at the beginning of 2-2 (and it cost me big), but it's cool.

JPN PCB (all default)
STG - 70,812,930 - 2-4 - Ring/Nail

mlk

Post by mlk »

Hello

I don t know if is the good section

2 all 89 399 850 pts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTP6Fd7K ... dw&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7L4fmVH ... dw&index=1

I hope you help for found the way especially to 2nd loops.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

quick question, is there any difference in the scoring system between the US and the Jap version ?

seems that the japanese high scores here are much higher than the US, is this normal ?
STG

Post by STG »

I think the majority of players stick with the Japanese version as it's more common and widely played, at least that's the reason why I bought a JPN PCB. ;) The US PCB is much harder to come by, the default difficulty is lower, and there might be some other small differences that I'm unaware of.
coturnix

Post by coturnix »

-S.L- wrote:quick question, is there any difference in the scoring system between the US and the Jap version ?

seems that the japanese high scores here are much higher than the US, is this normal ?
If i´m not mistaken Japan version being harder, there are more bullets and those are faster. Bullets in this game=points.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

that would make sense then, thanx for the infos ! :D
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

coturnix wrote:If i´m not mistaken Japan version being harder, there are more bullets and those are faster. Bullets in this game=points.
I haven't noticed any differences between the two versions, as far as gameplay goes. I'm convinced that the difficulty setting only changes the initial rank or rate of rank increase, which becomes moot as you can quickly get it up to the point where it's very noticeable by the end of stage 2 and equal in bullet density/speed. For instance, the large planes near the middle of stage 1 and near the end of stage 2 shoot 3 way spreads initially at low rank, denser 5 way spreads at high rank, both the JP and US versions can be bumped up to the high rank attack with ease (get to 11000+ gems or so +nomiss and you'll see it). I've not seen boss health or anything appear to be higher in the JP version either.

Everyone who's said the US version is easier has failed to specifically point out enemy/boss waves where you can see a noticeable difference, so I suspect it's more or less a myth that's propagated by word-of-mouth. If there's a difference, it appears to be negligible.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Picked up the game again at Rennes and managed to reach the last stage with Clover-TAC's encouragment.
The day before he had cleared the game with ~23 millions then we talked a bit. I wanted to put his intials in the machine but I put an S instead of a T lol. (not in the picture)

JPN Version
endoKarb - 9,305,530 - 1-5 - Bolt/Rivet
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."