*SOLVED* Brook Retro Board - N64 Support Added, but Not Working

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bobrocks95

Re: *SOLVED* Brook Retro Board - N64 Support Added, but Not Working

Post by bobrocks95 »

bobrocks95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:46 am Happy to report that with a Brook UFB + Retro board things work quite nicely compared to my previous experiences in this thread... EXCEPT as Syntax reported earlier, the Retro Board does not work with the PS1 when there's a MemCard Pro inserted, now that I'm using one. Messaged ArcadeShock, wonder if I'll hear back...
Ha, they said it's a third party accessory so they won't offer any support at all. Bunch of grifters imo.
BazookaBen wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:05 am
bobrocks95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:46 amIs there a manual button combo list for the different systems on the Retro Board to bypass the auto-detect?
The latest patch notes show a combo for N64. I don't know if that means there are combos for other systems, or that's just a workaround they had to do for N64 specifically
I'll try some out, I think the UFB has some overrides so maybe the button combos are similar?.
NoAffinity wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:29 am
bobrocks95 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:06 pm
Any N64 games I'm not thinking of that would be good with a stick? I can't think of many I own that would work well and feel natural. Pokemon Puzzle League? Star Soldier maybe (don't know if its control is analog or not)?
Star soldier works well with controls set to d-pad. It has the option in the options menu, to choose between analog or d-pad.
Hmm 2 games for my purposes, maybe worth it but I need to stop giving Arcade Shock my money it seems.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
ZTylerDurden

Re: Brook Retro Board - N64 Support Added, but Not Working

Post by ZTylerDurden »

NoAffinity wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:02 am Ok, I misunderstood. But, mc cthulhu also supports DC. I've seen mention in other threads that maybe there was support issues in older firmware or builds, but I can say I've owned 3 cthulhu's (still have 2 fully working) and all work just fine on DC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Really curious to know when was the last MC Cthulhu firmware update. I've seen bits and pieces of claims that MC Cthulhu for Dreamcast causes the game to pause erratically during gameplay.

I can absolutely confirm this happens to me in at least two games: Virtua Tennis and NBA Showtime. I have a 2 player setup so maybe the problem happens with two MC's for DC in 2 player gameplay? I bought my MC's in 2019 long after Toodles let go of the project. I haven't updated firmware cause I had assumed no updates were still being made.

Does Paradise Arcade still sell them? For the price it's still a very powerful and humble device that I'd still recommend, barring said issue.