No
67%
Maybe
20%

Total votes: 15

Gara

Re: I want to buy a Micomsoft XSync-1

Post by Gara »

I don’t agree with you, and neither do the guys from the MyLifeinGaming series on YouTube. They said that the OSSC does not look as good as the Framemeister when it comes to SNES and NES games. I don’t know what the OSSC does better than the Framemeister, if anything, because it sure isn’t 240P. It’s not an upscaler, it’s a scan converter, I don’t even know what that means. What is a scan converter, and how could it be better than an upscaler, let alone one that is as well renowned as the Framemeister?
Those are old videos with outdated information. A lot of those old comparisons are from when the OSSC was only capable of 2x 240p to 480p. Once the OSSC was capable of 4x and 5x the Framemeister lost all the comparisons. They touch on it a bit in the newer videos like the 4k one.

A lot of information just isn't on YouTube since it's always updating and no one seems to want to tackle it. Even the MLiG guys seem to have lost a lot of their passion in over analyzing every detail. We probably won't see anyone stepping up for a in depth modern video until the OSSC Pro.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

I wonder what the HDMIzer that HD Retrovision is supposedly focusing on after the Dreamcast cable will end up being... there's an oldddd piece of info from, like, 5 years ago where it was proposed as a similar device to the OSSC, but also having shit like RF as possible connections. I wouldn't be surprised if it has morphed into something different entirely...
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Ruprit wrote:$500 bucks! You got yourself a deal!

Brand new, never used.

https://imgur.com/XxiYG23
No thanks.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

NormalFish wrote:
ZellSF wrote:I would disagree that the XRGB-mini "murders" 480p, but it's pretty bad at it.

It can subjectively look great, sure, but so can just using composite cables.
in a world in which straight 480p passthrough is totally fine much of the time, the artifacting you get from the FM's processing is pretty horrid. 480p was almost the entire reason i adopted the OSSC as soon as I did.

Sounds like OP found himself a seller, though, so it's been fun, guys.
I didn't find a seller, I found a ripoff, who isn't getting one penny from me.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Fudoh wrote:
and neither do the guys from the MyLifeinGaming series on YouTube.
unless you watch any later video in which Try explicitely states that the OSSC is his go-to processor for almost anything and he hardly finds any use for his FM.
No one wants chinese made crap when they can get a Japanese made professional device that’s way better
The OSSC is a designed by marqs here in Europe.
t costs more for a good reason.
bigger overhead and the the unfortunate use of a big company scaling IC by Marvell that's no longer manufactured, that's all. The OSSC is way more sophisticated in its design.
It’s not an upscaler, it’s a scan converter, I don’t even know what that means.
it's bull. Both are scan converters. The only difference is that the FM has a flexible scaler and a more compatible output at the costs of 1.5 frames of lag, while the OSSC deliberately passed on both in favor of being lag-free. A simply design decision. You might favor Micomsoft's decision, others favor marqs' decision.
I use the Framemeister for my RGB modded NES, modded SNES 1Chip-03, RGB modded N64, and my GameCube using component cables at 480P, and everything looks beautiful.
nobody doubts that you like your FM. It's a great processor, especially for any 240p source. But to say that you like its 480p processing quality just shows that you don't really care about quality or haven't seen what's possible.
Since you have the XSync-1, would you be willing to sell it to me? You said it's not that good and you don't use it.
no, still collecting Dempa's stuff, even if I can't find use for all of it.

It's obvious that you don't want advice. That's alright, but think about your attitude.
The MLiG guys have all of their video game consoles plugged into their Framemeisters through Scart and Component switchers. It's still their main device of choice, until they say otherwise. The OSSC is a line doubler or a scan converter, I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure what the difference is. I don't know how that can make it better than an upscaler like the Framemeister. Looks like I have no choice but to upload gameplay footage, in order to prove you guys wrong. How many YouTube links am I allowed to insert into a response on this site?

Also, what did you mean by this last line "It's obvious that you don't want advice. That's alright, but think about your attitude." What's wrong with my attitude? Maybe you're the one with the snobby attitude problem.
Last edited by XSync-1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

kitty666cats wrote:OP you should try modding a GBS8200 with CFW! It's a very cool alternative, I've found it to work incredibly with 480i 240p transitions. I also hear those cheap square black SCART to HDMIs handle that transition well, but the lag makes them ideal mostly just for video capture.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MISOTT-Scaler- ... 07Z4YCD5Z/

Anyone tried this one? It looks like an updated version of those cheapo shitty ones that only do composite, but this variant claims to accept RGB signals...

EDIT: This listing doesn't seem to claim RGB, but I saw one with this same exact shape that does. Strange.
I think I'd have better luck with that SyncSlayer II, especially if the maker will make one in JP21 instead of Scart.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Guspaz wrote:The Framemeister adds at least 1.5 frames of lag to every resolution, be it 240p or 480p, adds even more lag for 480i, and IIRC it also processes everything in 4:2:2, so if you feed it a 480p signal, it will actually be reducing the resolution to just 50% in two of the three channels. The OSSC does not have this problem.
I don't know what 4:2:2 means, but it everything looks pretty good on my end with the GameCube and component cables into the Framemeister.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Gara wrote:
I don’t agree with you, and neither do the guys from the MyLifeinGaming series on YouTube. They said that the OSSC does not look as good as the Framemeister when it comes to SNES and NES games. I don’t know what the OSSC does better than the Framemeister, if anything, because it sure isn’t 240P. It’s not an upscaler, it’s a scan converter, I don’t even know what that means. What is a scan converter, and how could it be better than an upscaler, let alone one that is as well renowned as the Framemeister?
Those are old videos with outdated information. A lot of those old comparisons are from when the OSSC was only capable of 2x 240p to 480p. Once the OSSC was capable of 4x and 5x the Framemeister lost all the comparisons. They touch on it a bit in the newer videos like the 4k one.

A lot of information just isn't on YouTube since it's always updating and no one seems to want to tackle it. Even the MLiG guys seem to have lost a lot of their passion in over analyzing every detail. We probably won't see anyone stepping up for a in depth modern video until the OSSC Pro.
Around 25:30 in this video made on Aug 19, 2016, the MLiG guys talk about how the SNES is a problem for the OSSC. I'm sure there's other instances as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoOKLWIMKU

This guy here said that the OSSC is nowhere near as good as the Framemeister on Dec 31, 2017. Look at the thumbs up to thumbs down ratio on the video. In 2 1/2 years, it is now at 407 thumbs up to 24 thumbs down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHURGLbgz2E

How much better could it have gotten?
Last edited by XSync-1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Extrems wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:The OSSC is made in china, Framemeister is made in Japan.
Taiwan is cool and all, but you shouldn't confuse them with Japan. They have enough trouble with China claiming they're China.
I understand the Micomsoft products are made in Taiwan, but they are designed in Japan, where Micomsoft is located. Taiwan is still a way better place then china.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qxqz-0wJZ0
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:The MLiG guys have all of their video game consoles plugged into their Framemeisters through Scart and Component switchers. It's still their main device of choice, until they say otherwise. The OSSC is a line doubler or a scan converter, I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure what the difference is. I don't know how that can make it better than an upscaler like the Framemeister. Looks like I have no choice but to upload gameplay footage, in order to prove you guys wrong. How many YouTube links am I allowed to insert into a response on this site?
The XRGB-mini's 480p handling being inferior to other solutions is something most people replying to you have tested (I certainly have). It's not really up for debate.
XSync-1 wrote: I didn't find a seller, I found a ripoff, who isn't getting one penny from me.
The seller said 50$ less than someone earlier in this thread said you should expect to pay for it.

No one here's going to give you a fantastic several hundred dollars off offer here.
juji82

Post by juji82 »

XSync-1 wrote:No one wants chinese made crap when they can get a Japanese made professional device that’s way better. It costs more for a good reason.
I laughed so hard at this.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:The MLiG guys have all of their video game consoles plugged into their Framemeisters through Scart and Component switchers. It's still their main device of choice, until they say otherwise. The OSSC is a line doubler or a scan converter, I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure what the difference is. I don't know how that can make it better than an upscaler like the Framemeister. Looks like I have no choice but to upload gameplay footage, in order to prove you guys wrong. How many YouTube links am I allowed to insert into a response on this site?
The XRGB-mini's 480p handling being inferior to other solutions is something most people replying to you have tested (I certainly have). It's not really up for debate.
XSync-1 wrote: I didn't find a seller, I found a ripoff, who isn't getting one penny from me.
The seller said 50$ less than someone earlier in this thread said you should expect to pay for it.

No one here's going to give you a fantastic several hundred dollars off offer here.
He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?

I never owned an OSSC, and I'll upload GameCube footage. You tell me what you see wrong with the footage.
juji82

Post by juji82 »

XSync-1 wrote: He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?
surugaya offers you at least 22000 yen in cash if you trade one in. What price where you expecting since it does not pop up so often?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?
It costs what it costs. I don't see the point in caring about why.
XSync-1 wrote:I never owned an OSSC, and I'll upload GameCube footage. You tell me what you see wrong with the footage.
I'm sure it will look great. Just like uploading footage from a composite cable can look great.

That doesn't mean it's not inferior to other solutions.
NormalFish

Post by NormalFish »

XSync-1 wrote:I didn't find a seller, I found a ripoff, who isn't getting one penny from me.
I'm pretty sure you're trolling now LOL

this really is the thread that keeps on giving.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

NormalFish wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:I didn't find a seller, I found a ripoff, who isn't getting one penny from me.
I'm pretty sure you're trolling now LOL

this really is the thread that keeps on giving.
You can throw out all the labels you want to, it doesn't change the fact that I'm right, and you're the one trolling.
Last edited by XSync-1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:I never owned an OSSC, and I'll upload GameCube footage. You tell me what you see wrong with the footage.
I'm sure it will look great. Just like uploading footage from a composite cable can look great.

Then why did you guys ask me to upload footage? I'm uploading it right now to YouTube.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

juji82 wrote:
XSync-1 wrote: He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?
surugaya offers you at least 22000 yen in cash if you trade one in. What price where you expecting since it does not pop up so often?
I'd pay $200 for it, but $500 is ridiculous.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Then why did you guys ask me to upload footage? I'm uploading it right now to YouTube.
I didn't ask you to upload footage.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

[/quote]
I didn't ask you to upload footage.[/quote]

Someone did though. You're comparing it to composite footage? Give me a break. That's a false comparison. Composite footage has never looked good.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Maybe lock this pointless thread?
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:Maybe lock this pointless thread?
Good thing that's not up to you.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:
I don't think that's up to you.
Duh? I would've done it if it was.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
I don't think that's up to you.
Duh? I would've done it if it was.
Good thing it's not.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Here is a link for one of my videos.

This video was captured using the XRGB Mini Framemeister, via HDMI through the XCapture-1. It was recorded in 60 Frames, H.264+AAC, 16:9, Deinterlacing High.

https://youtu.be/WT80hGC3FjI
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:Deinterlacing High.
:lol:
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:
I think you're trying to bully me, because I'm not that familiar with the topic of video game capturing and video quality etc. Do you feel good about yourself, psuedo-intellectual bully?
Last edited by XSync-1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:
ZellSF wrote:
I think you're trying to bully me, because I'm not that familiar with this particular topic. Do you feel good about yourself?
480p = 480 progressive scan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan
Feel free to familiarize yourself.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

[/quote]
480p = 480 progressive scan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan
Feel free to familiarize yourself.[/quote]

Right, I know 480p = 480 progressive? What's your point?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

You don't deinterlace progressive content.