Differences Between Dualshock 2/3 Revisions?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
buckchow

Re: Differences Between Dualshock 2/3 Revisions?

Post by buckchow »

Lawfer wrote:This controller is a Made in Korea one in new condition, one of the first revisions without any metal clip cavity and with the full 9 pins.
Thanks for the response. You may have missed my question though:

Are the very clearly visible "flakes" only on the back of the controller? Or are the flakes very visible on both the front and back compared to later revisions?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

buckchow wrote:
Lawfer wrote:This controller is a Made in Korea one in new condition, one of the first revisions without any metal clip cavity and with the full 9 pins.
Thanks for the response. You may have missed my question though:

Are the very clearly visible "flakes" only on the back of the controller? Or are the flakes very visible on both the front and back compared to later revisions?
You can see the flakes also on the front, it's more visible where you hold the controller.

Later revisions, like the ones Made in China, whether they be from Alps or Hosiden don't have very noticeable flakes like that, they look closer to the coloring of a DualShock 3 controller.
buckchow

Post by buckchow »

Lawfer wrote:You can see the flakes also on the front, it's more visible where you hold the controller.
Thank you very much for that info. That means not all of the Korea / 2000 controllers have the higher-quality type of plastic since mine looks exactly the same as all of the later revisions.
nullifer

Post by nullifer »

I have 3 at the moment, one with the missing pin, one with all pins no dent, and one with all pins and a dent.

are there any major differences i should know about the controllers.
And are all your guys DPADs mushy too? I can't seem to find a dualshock 2 with a firm DPAD

varini

Post by varini »

All this information is so interesting! I wish we had a complete catalog with photos of all Sony peripherals for the PS1 / PS2.
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

The Dual Shock 4 also has two versions. The earlier version and the PS4 Pro era release version. The main difference I could see is in color of the material used. If you put two side by side it's quite noticeable.