Wish Project - Bullet Hell shmup released to Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
retlaf

Re: Wish Project - Bullet Hell shmup released to Steam

Post by retlaf »

CStarFlare wrote:As much as I wish I could say I unlocked them all by legitimate methods, I just hex edited my unlock file. I'm nowhere near good enough to meet the unlock conditions with every character - or may be even one. :(
That's cool too. I kinda designed with that in mind by splitting the score and unlock files.

Also: My sale and update haven't gone through because the steam partners site is down. :( I've never experienced this problem before, but a lot of other devs are seeing it too. So I'll get that sale and update up as soon as it's working again.

Edit: The site is back up and the sale+update went through.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Started this up recently, and am wondering how to go about the following Steam achievements.

Destroy a boss phase in under 3 seconds

400 score items in one stage(Which of the items actually count?, and ways to make sure to get more of them)

Any tips for getting gold medals?

I know for the Shotless one I need to be able to 1cc Harder first to unlock it, so I guess that's my next goal.

Edit: The boss phase in 3 seconds can be done with the bomb that stops time, which also stops the timer.

Still no idea how to do better about the medals and score items. I do have stage 5 Gold on Hard for Waltz(which also rewards it for the lower modes) as well as Stage 1 Gold for Waltz on Harder. Best Harder run so far is up to Stage 4 boss as Waltz. There's a bit of patterns that I have no idea what to do with at the moment.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I never got past early stage 5 on Harder. I'm sure it's all very possible but it's over my head.

I think you get more score items for collecting while they're still shining, so speed killing (for wish)+speed collecting (for bonus) is very important.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Managed the 400 score items in one stage as L.C. on Easy. Also managed all Gold Medals on Normal as Waltz(first 4 on Harder which stacks, 5th on Hard, then the 6th on a Practice run of Stage 6 Normal)

I'm also stuck on Stage 5 Harder right now(playing Waltz, but Eve and maybe Cotton might be viable too). The boss of 3 tends to need some bombs at the moment. Then Stage 4 is draining so much resources. Practice also isn't really that useful outside of the boss patterns too, because you're so underpowered to properly deal with stuff(outside of LC or Kettle who don't power up the standard way).