No bullet hell shmups?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cagar

Re: No bullet hell shmups?

Post by Cagar »

Guys, if you didn't know, shmupmaniac- I mean codergames is already working on one: Shmup God
You will bow before this game in awe each time before you start playing it. I'm serious. I'm gonna try and make a history here, something everyone will talk about, so spread the news.
mehguy

Post by mehguy »

Cagar wrote:Guys, if you didn't know, shmupmaniac- I mean codergames is already working on one: Shmup God
You will bow before this game in awe each time before you start playing it. I'm serious. I'm gonna try and make a history here, something everyone will talk about, so spread the news.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

First level will be the shortest one. Each next level will be twice the size of the previous one and two times more difficult.
Is this guy bad at at math or does he not see why it's bad design for level length and difficulty to go up exponentially?
shmupmaniac
Banned User

Post by shmupmaniac »

You lost me completely.

Let me be very specific with my question. Can someone list PC computer shmups in 3D with same graphics like Invader Attack 2: http://www.codergames.com/games/gamedet ... -attack-2/ that can work with original PC computer setup without need for any changes or special setup or emulation?????
Last edited by shmupmaniac on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

shmupmaniac wrote:You lost me completely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Shmupmaniac what are your pc specs?
shmupmaniac
Banned User

Post by shmupmaniac »

I bought standard PC for games in the local shop few months ago.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

shmupmaniac wrote:Let me be very specific with my question. Can someone list PC computer shmups in 3D with same graphics like Invader Attack 2: http://www.codergames.com/games/gamedet ... -attack-2/ that can work with original PC computer setup without need for any changes or special setup or emulation?????
Alltynex 2nd

Ether Vapor Remaster

Astebreed

Raiden III

End Effector Accomplished Edition (This one's free!)
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
shmupmaniac
Banned User

Post by shmupmaniac »

Mischief Maker wrote:
shmupmaniac wrote:Let me be very specific with my question. Can someone list PC computer shmups in 3D with same graphics like Invader Attack 2: http://www.codergames.com/games/gamedet ... -attack-2/ that can work with original PC computer setup without need for any changes or special setup or emulation?????
Alltynex 2nd

Ether Vapor Remaster

Astebreed

Raiden III

End Effector Accomplished Edition (This one's free!)
I appreciate the effort and the list, but the last game is very plain, as for the rest, they're either side scrolling games with plain graphics or just having plain graphics. I give up, geezers.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

shmupmaniac wrote:Can someone list PC computer shmups in 3D with same graphics like Invader Attack 2: http://www.codergames.com/games/gamedet ... -attack-2/ that can work with original PC computer setup without need for any changes or special setup or emulation?????
The much loathed Sine Mora has great graphics (but is a side scroller).
Cagar wrote:Guys, if you didn't know, shmupmaniac- I mean codergames is already working on one: Shmup God
This sounds like direct fallout from the Invader Attack 2 topic:
The good news is that, since it's a classic shmup, the game is much simpler to program than Invader Attack 2 was. There are no collisions between all objects, there are no AIs only timed waves and actions, no physics involved, everything moves precisely as programmed, no free will whatsoever. Regardless of all of those limitations, the game will be fun, more suitable for core shmup fans, a lot of bullet hells, a lot of chaos, a lot of weaponry, a lot of targets to destroy, a lot of bonuses to collect, a lot of achievements.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

shmupmaniac wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:Astebreed
they're either side scrolling games with plain graphics or just having plain graphics.
So you're saying that this:
Spoiler
Is worse than this?
Spoiler
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

shmupmaniac wrote:I bought standard PC for games in the local shop few months ago.
wow, those are state of the art. My pc is standard pc too, but I couldnt afford to buy from local market. I buy from ebay.
shmupmaniac wrote:I give up, geezers.
It's sad really, but nothing that we suggest could ever really match the technical and graphical marvel of invader attack 2. I guess we'll just have to wait for that much anticipated sequel.
mehguy

Post by mehguy »

shmupmanic, just play a shmup out there thats well received and deal with it then picking out a shmup the doesn't exist with your preferences. just get mame, try a bunch of shmups and see what you like before judging it by gameplay alone.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

shmupmaniac wrote:Alltynex 2nd

plain graphics. I give up, geezers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7s8ZPEnXWw

Ban plz.

edit: kthx
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'd not buy INVADER ATTACK 3 for a dollar!

edit: BOOM! Nice shot bloodf!