Three new Xbox One Shmups announced (Moss, qute, Triangle)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lord Satori

Re: Three new Xbox One Shmups announced (Moss, qute, Triangl

Post by Lord Satori »

What I don't like is that there was a legit reason that the 360 was so popular, which was because it came out 6 months (or more, I don't remember) before the PS3 did. Whereas the Xbone came out around the same time. Also, I feel like people are completely forgetting the fact that Microsoft tried to disown it's customers with that awful DRM thing it tried. Yes, they revoked it, but the very fact that they tried to do it should matter, shouldn't it?
Despatche wrote:i hope these games all bomb so that even poor little triangle service realizes the huge mistake it's making
Seconded. The fact that there are little to no 3rd party exclusives should say something to all developers, yet this happens. Seriously, guys, don't buy an Xbone just so you can play three games on it. You shouldn't spend about $400 just so you can play games who's collective cost is probably less than $50.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: DON'T YOU DARE BE JEALOUS OF MY XBONE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Special World

Post by Special World »

New Qute game? Sold.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Special World

Post by Special World »

Lord Satori wrote:Seconded. The fact that there are little to no 3rd party exclusives should say something to all developers, yet this happens. Seriously, guys, don't buy an Xbone just so you can play three games on it. You shouldn't spend about $400 just so you can play games who's collective cost is probably less than $50.
Why does this mean anything

Would the purchase be justified if all three games were at $90 import prices?
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

So they are just going to release xbone exclusive games and nothing more for the x360 from the beginning? What the fuck?!
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Lord Satori wrote:The fact that there are little to no 3rd party exclusives should say something to all developers, yet this happens. Seriously, guys, don't buy an Xbone just so you can play three games on it. You shouldn't spend about $400 just so you can play games who's collective cost is probably less than $50.
To be honest, $400 for three new shmups doesn't sound bad at all. And since this is probably the new next gen shmup system, It's going to be even better in the future.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Kollision wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: DON'T YOU DARE BE JEALOUS OF MY XBONE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nobody's jealous.
Special World wrote:Would the purchase be justified if all three games were at $90 import prices?
There's nothing that justifies the purchase of a system that turns itself on because the commercial that advertises it says "Xbox on". Also, if you own Titanfall, it will launch Titanfall as well.
Plasmo wrote:And since this is probably the new next gen shmup system, It's going to be even better in the future.
Not sure how to respond to this one...
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Recycled Raiden games, recycled shooting love games, and maybe a new Qute game - not enough to sell me a system unfortunately.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Lord Satori wrote:
Kollision wrote: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: DON'T YOU DARE BE JEALOUS OF MY XBONE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nobody's jealous.
yeah, especially myself since I don't own one
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

There's nothing that justifies the purchase of a system that turns itself on because the commercial that advertises it says "Xbox on"
SHMUPS?
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
spadgy wrote:Arcade sticks wise, is it just that Killer Instinct one for the Xbox One thus far?
Speaking of which, did they ever give an excuse as to why the old peripherals were no longer compatible (other than a cash grab)? I have a hard time seeing an excuse as to why old sticks should not have been made cross compatible via drivers...
PS360+ makers, Akishop Customs, are working on a firmware update to work with both PS4 and XBone. There are padhack alternatives already for the XBone.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

chempop wrote:Recycled Raiden games, recycled shooting love games, and maybe a new Qute game - not enough to sell me a system unfortunately.
Who said the Raiden game is recycled? It's an all new game, with the working title of either "Raiden" or "Raiden New Project". Please read what I posted, apparently they are doing something new to break the traditional Raiden gameplay with this title, which I'm slightly uneasy about but also excited to see it next year.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot wrote:According to this http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/19/ne ... -xbox-one/ it says that this new Raiden game will be celebrating the series' 25th anniversary and wont be locked into series traditions. Does this mean a radical change to the game perhaps? Maybe it's not going to be a top down vertical shmup, perhaps it'll be an on rails shooter or arcade flight combat game? That's what this sounds like to me.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Some-Mist wrote:
Despatche wrote:i hope these games all bomb so that even poor little triangle service realizes the huge mistake it's making
wouldn't that run the small company out of business?
Don't be silly! A horrible financial failure is just what the already indie and niche shmup devs need right now!

*in before "shmups are already a horrible financial failure." gloom and doom etc. etc.*
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Lord Satori wrote:There's nothing that justifies the purchase of a system that turns itself on because the commercial that advertises it says "Xbox on". Also, if you own Titanfall, it will launch Titanfall as well.
Good thing I don't watch TV and I won't be getting a Kinect with it when/if I get an Xbox One. My console turning itself on would have truly been the dealbreaker. That's the line.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Plasmo wrote:And since this is probably the new next gen shmup system, It's going to be even better in the future.
What ever happened to "shmups are dead"? :lol:

Anyway, not interested in this in the slightest.
"New" and "shmups" are pretty much oxymorons in my vocabulary; not sure why I should shell out 400 bucks to play a couple of games that are essentialy the same as any other shmup you can play on MAME, but with slightly prettier graphics.
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."
mehguy

Post by mehguy »

dayum, those graphics look slick. I doubt it'll come to north america.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Um excuse me "endoKarb" but Ginga Force and Eschatos are vastly different from any shooter you can play in MAME with much WORSE graphics.
Squire Grooktook

Special World wrote:Um excuse me "endoKarb" but Ginga Force and Eschatos are vastly different from any shooter you can play in MAME with much WORSE graphics.
Yup. They feel like a completely fresh and unique playstyle that's totally endearing. Anyone who doesn't at least try out Qute's stuff is massively missing out.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Meh. I'll youtube it someday.
Squire Grooktook

Won't really get the feel of it. I didn't really see the appeal just watching a youtube video, but Eschatos has some really unique dodging, scoring, pacing, etc. Same goes for Ginga Force.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Lord Satori wrote:You shouldn't spend about $400 just so you can play games who's collective cost is probably less than $50.
Yeah, I - huh? FUCK! MY SWEET SWEET $400!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

While it's good to see an announcement surrounding shmup releases on the newer gen of hardware.. I must admit that the HDMI-only output restriction on the XBone and Dat Quadruple doesn't really thrill me though (I prefer having choices when it comes to video output formats).

I guess this new Raiden Project is a wait-n-see in terms of what it will actually be. Triangle Service's new collection will be convenient, if not repetitious, for those that didn't pick up all of their 360 releases. I guess Qute's new project will be worth a look.. however, I doubt the game will be anywhere near the vicinity of pushing the hardware (read, releasing cross-platform to 360 might be worthwhile).
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

endokarb wrote:not sure why I should shell out 400 bucks to play a couple of games that are essentialy the same as any other shmup you can play on MAME, but with slightly prettier graphics.
Aww come on, now you sound like your casual videogame reviewer next door. :D

"Shmups do all look the same and only last for 20 minutes. $400 is a rip-off!"

I've spent $480 on my 360 without any games, Xbone looks like a bargain.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I don't care about the argument, as I said, I'll go where the shmups are. The most cathartic element of this announcement is knowing Friendly is crumpled in a corner somewhere in floods of tears.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Squire Grooktook

Plasmo wrote:
endokarb wrote:not sure why I should shell out 400 bucks to play a couple of games that are essentialy the same as any other shmup you can play on MAME, but with slightly prettier graphics.
You forgot to mention how they're all easy due to infinite continues.

Except Touhou, that one is pretty hard.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
President_Obama

Post by President_Obama »

Skykid wrote:I don't care about the argument, as I said, I'll go where the shmups are. The most cathartic element of this announcement is knowing Friendly is crumpled in a corner somewhere in floods of tears.
Tears are the best lubricant.
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:
To an entirely rational person, the whole world seems insane.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Are people really still raging at the xbone because of the dumb always online, always Kinect announcement which was reversed pretty rapidly? Whatever happened to buying a console because it has games you want to play? This fanboy/anti-fanboy stuff is really bloody tedious.

There are new games. The console doesn't have bullshit DRM. Be excited!!!
Lord Satori wrote: There's nothing that justifies the purchase of a system that turns itself on because the commercial that advertises it says "Xbox on". Also, if you own Titanfall, it will launch Titanfall as well.
You can turn that off, you know.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Lord Satori wrote:Seriously, guys, don't buy an Xbone just so you can play three games on it. You shouldn't spend about $400 just so you can play games who's collective cost is probably less than $50.
Around here, it's pretty routine for people to spend $100+ on a single game. I don't think anyone is going to be deterred from buying the new Xbox if it's the 360's heir apparent for stgs, especially if Cave gets on board.
TransatlanticFoe wrote:
Lord Satori wrote: There's nothing that justifies the purchase of a system that turns itself on because the commercial that advertises it says "Xbox on". Also, if you own Titanfall, it will launch Titanfall as well.
You can turn that off, you know.
Isn't that done through the Kinect anyway? Now that it's been uncoupled from the system, it seems like a moot point.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Squire Grooktook wrote:Won't really get the feel of it. I didn't really see the appeal just watching a youtube video, but Eschatos has some really unique dodging, scoring, pacing, etc. Same goes for Ginga Force.
You can try out emulating Judgement Silversword to see if you'll like the games though. Eschatos is pretty much a remake/sequel and not very unique when taking JSS into consideration
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Plasmo wrote:
Aww come on, now you sound like your casual videogame reviewer next door. :D

Ahaha, don't I just sound like that? :lol:

But I pretty much stand by my point.
Plasmo wrote:I've spent $480 on my 360 without any games, Xbone looks like a bargain.
Yes, but you actually do play shooting games. And going by how barren and desolate most leaderboards are, that's not a very common trait around here.

That is in essence my argument. There is nothing wrong with dropping triple-digits bucks for a shmup. But there's already a veritable buffet of quality title freely available on MAME that no one is playing, so how is all this excitement justified?
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."