Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Yes Boss!

Re: Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Post by Yes Boss! »

StarCreator PMed me on the other forum.

I'll be getting a truck after lunch Wednesday. My Blast, NAC, and Rhythm Tengoku is in a storage unit so I'm loading those myself. My Vewlix cabs are on the second floor but I got them up myself with a dolly and it is very simple to go down and load them as well. I can pick up StarCreator's as well on the way.

I'd be coming back Sunday afternoon probably.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Still accepting room mates! 5 confirmed room mates, will be willing to take one more! Please contact me by Dec. 28th if you are interested.
Last edited by ratikal on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

I'm super looking forward to magfest! I'm gonna be bringing some TGM games so if anybody here can let me swap some of these in a cab from time to time over magfest, that would be really sweet!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

mikehaggar wrote:I'm super looking forward to magfest! I'm gonna be bringing some TGM games so if anybody here can let me swap some of these in a cab from time to time over magfest, that would be really sweet!
Definitely, when are you arriving at the show? I'm likely going to be loitering at the music games more than the candies but someone around there should be able to find me or majors.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Anybody know for sure if there's going to be an ST-V board or two there? I won't be able to bring any of my full boards, but I can possibly bring my carts:

Puyo Puyo Sun
Soukyugurentai
Princess Clara Daisakusen
Baku Baku Animal
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
majors

Post by majors »

mikehaggar wrote:I'm gonna be bringing some TGM games
Is that Tetris? I'm cool with swapping in other ppls boards...I cannot speak for the other folks bringing cabs though. Most are dedicated woodys, so prolly not. Everything is betting in a candy!
Zerst wrote:Anybody know for sure if there's going to be an ST-V board or two there?
I do not own any ST-V stuffs. But if I somehow manage to source a Titan mobo, do I need to get a JP board? Soukyu would be my preference to run.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I don't have any STV stuff either but I could totally go for some Puyo Puyo.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

The carts are region free, but they boot up to whatever region bios chip the mobo has. Radiant Silvergun on a US board is hilarious; it only uses two buttons, A & C shot + sword for both.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

StarCreator wrote:
mikehaggar wrote:I'm super looking forward to magfest! I'm gonna be bringing some TGM games so if anybody here can let me swap some of these in a cab from time to time over magfest, that would be really sweet!
Definitely, when are you arriving at the show? I'm likely going to be loitering at the music games more than the candies but someone around there should be able to find me or majors.
I'm arriving the morning of the 2nd. I will be at the whole show!

Guys with candies: PM me your cell number and I can text you guys when I'm at the show!
majors wrote:
Is that Tetris? I'm cool with swapping in other ppls boards...I cannot speak for the other folks bringing cabs though. Most are dedicated woodys, so prolly not. Everything is betting in a candy!
Yes, TGM = Tetris the Grandmaster. I own all 3 arcade games! I have a multijamma too, so maybe we can throw them all in a cab and people can choose which one they want to play each credit, etc. Or we can put different games in....depends on which cab it is really and how much space is inside.
majors

Post by majors »

No promises on ST-V.

I'll be arriving Wednesday afternoon to unload and setup, then hit up Star and Boss for their goodies. Con opens Thursday.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

mikehaggar wrote:I'm super looking forward to magfest! I'm gonna be bringing some TGM games so if
Yes, TGM = Tetris the Grandmaster. I own all 3 arcade games! I have a multijamma too, so maybe we can throw them all in a cab and people can choose which one they want to play each credit, etc. Or we can put different games in....depends on which cab it is really and how much space is inside.
All the TGM's are hori, right? There is not a lot of room for the multi-jamma in an Astro (most likely the cab I'll have for you). So plan on running just one at a time, or just pick the best one to run at MAGFest.

Zerst -> I do not have access to a ST-V mobo...dude that I know bought a "garbage can" cab but it had Fighting Vipers installed instead of the proverbial Die-Hard Arcade that seems to be in all of them.
Wedoca '24
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I am confirmed to go. I will be driving, so I will bring some PCBs :) I'll be going over my list and cleaning up the list this weekend.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
majors

Post by majors »

trap15 wrote:... so I will bring some PCBs
StarCreator and Yes Boss are spearheading the shmup area on the candy cabs. Please post up what you want to bring so we can attempt to plan a schedule of what's running when and avoid duplicates.

Mikehaggar -> Tetris
Zerst -> ST-V carts, but we have no mobo :(
StarCreator -> espgaluda 2, esprade, elevator action returns
Yes Boss -> Battle Bakraid JPN Unlimited, Ibara, Atomis ???
Majors -> Raiden Fighters, Viper, Ikaruga

I also have boards of: 1944, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Last Resort, Mars Matrix, Sexy Parodius, Side Arms, Strikers 1945 and Thunder Force AC I can bring is there is interests in having them run.

The reason for planning so much is so that no one ends up bringing some gear that does not get played. I do not want to upset anyone that is willing to bring goodies AND to have the best lineup evah.
Wedoca '24
trap15

Post by trap15 »

My complete list of PCBs is available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

I was planning on bringing:
  • Armed Police Batrider
  • Battle Garegga
  • Guardians/Denjin Makai 2
  • Mr. Dig (for colour_thief)
  • Pink Sweets: Ibara Sorekara
  • Thunder Dragon 2
Last edited by trap15 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I think there's a few people coming who would "love" to see Garegga too.

I might have a lead on an STV mobo but nothing certain right now.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

You got a PS trap? Guess I gotta drill the game hard in the next couple weeks to relearn it.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

StarCreator, you want to bring your ESPGaluda 2 PCB? In that case, I'll leave mine at home. If Trap15 is bringing his PinkSweets then I'll just bring Strikers 1945 Part 2. I'll bring along Metal Slug 1, 2, and 4 just to have some extra copies.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Majors:

Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, and Thunder Force AC would be pretty cool to see.

I could also bring down my 360 with a few games. I also do have my JTAG, where could we set it up though? Does anyone know if anyone is bringing an SDOJ PCB? If not, I can bring my 360 copy.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Added Garegga to my list of PCBs to bring. :3
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

We have two J360s for the weekend already - feel free to bring games for it but I think our 360 collection is already pretty complete.
majors

Post by majors »

So here is what I read:

Mikehaggar -> Tetris GM (3x)
Zerst -> ST-V carts, Starcreator is looking into getting a loaner mobo
StarCreator -> espgaluda 2, esprade, elevator action returns
Yes Boss -> Battle Bakraid JPN Unlimited, Ibara, Atomis ???
Majors -> Raiden Fighters, Viper, Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945(MVS?), Thunder Force AC
Trap15 -> Armed Police Batrider, Battle Garegga, Guardians/Denjin Makai 2, Mr. Dig (for colour_thief), Pink Sweets: Ibara Sorekara, Thunder Dragon 2
Kiken -> Strikers 1945 Part 2, Metal Slug 1/2/4
Strider88 -> Futari BL, Ibara BL, MMP and Progear

We only have 6 cabs we can swap boards in. I'm attempting to have a schedule so everyone get's a chance to show off their goodies.

If Kiken is bringing 1945 II, no need for my 1945+ IMO. if Strider77 brings BL, do we need Ibara vanilla Yes Boss?

Kiken -> I'll bring a MVS 1-slot for MS.
Last edited by majors on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wedoca '24
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The Mr.Dig can be out for like an hour. It's a horrible game, ct just wanted me to bring it to show it to a really high-level Mr.Driller player :P
majors

Post by majors »

trap15 wrote:The Mr.Dig can be out for like an hour. It's a horrible game, ct just wanted me to bring it to show it to a really high-level Mr.Driller player :P
We can throw it in for an hour for colour_thief if you wish. It'll be a matter of someone there with keys (and sober) to do the swap. I'll keep it off the main lineup, thanks for the details.
Wedoca '24
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I'm planning on bringing Futari BL, Ibara BL, MMP and Progear.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Anybody want me to bring the Mushihime-Tama puzzler?
majors

Post by majors »

Yes Boss! wrote:Anybody want me to bring the Mushihime-Tama puzzler?
If Strider brings Ibara BL, do you want to still bring your Ibara PCB? Or rather, will you feel bad if we do not run your board at MAGFest?
Wedoca '24
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

majors wrote:
If Strider brings Ibara BL, do you want to still bring your Ibara PCB? Or rather, will you feel bad if we do not run your board at MAGFest?
Ha, nah.

It does not matter. Personally BL is better! But it is still available to bring...even if it does not get used. No biggie to me!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

BL is not nearly as good as original :(
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

ha, i'd enjoy seeing that, but either way
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

trap15 wrote:BL is not nearly as good as original :(
Nobody listens man, nobody understands :sadibaracrew: :(