Bullet Heaven HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bonus!

Re: The Official Bullet Heaven HD Episode Thread

Post by Bonus! »

Serraxor wrote:Novice and 360. Got to the final boss on Normal. Didn't bother much with 1.5. But I'm a strong believer that a critical opinion doesn't need a 1CC. That's like asking someone to get all of the trophies or achievements for an RPG before doing a review.
It would be like asking someone to finish the main story of an RPG before reviewing it, I think.

We can agree to disagree, though.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Agree/Disagree, Opinions/Options, lol.

OT: Well, since you guys mentioned Magical Chase, and since Halloween is around the corner, will Deathsmiles be properly reviewed soon, since before, it was a "First Look", in Ser's past stuff, I can't wait to see if it'll happen soon! ;)
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

I wish there was a shmup podcast like this :) I usually listen to podcasts at work or while driving to/from work and a shmup-related one would be a welcome addition to my subscriptions.
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Ah, that's great news! :D
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Just saw the latest episode, have it, got it, good series, need to get back on it more, lol. I know next week will be a good surprise, lol. :3
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Stumbled across it 2 minutes after it uploaded last night Ser, great episode! Glad BH is back.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Nice, lol, Hope DS2(X) will be reviewed too come Christmas time, lol. Other than that, looks like "Spent Ammo" isn't probably gonna reach its October placeholder, lol. :3
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Ouch! Having just recovered from a tendon injury (18 months! woo!) I can sympathize. What game do you need for ep 100? Perhaps one of us can loan you or donate, depending on what it is....
nesrulz

Post by nesrulz »

Nice show.

Last night I watched "Episode 81 - Boundless Shooting: DoDonPachi Resurrection (Xbox 360)".
Nice review.

GO GO GO Bullet Heaven HD!
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Serraxor wrote:I'm also working with a few local guys out here in Halifax on a really cool thing, more on that in the coming months. Stay tuned!
Is it Spent Ammo related? :D
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Well, good luck in all your endeavors. Great operation you got here :mrgreen:
chempop

Post by chempop »

Why would you tell people that gigawing 2 is a $90 game? 1 Fluke auction? :roll:
Also, can't pronounce the scores? million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, SEXTILLION (lol)

That review made me sad. :cry:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

chempop wrote:Why would you tell people that gigawing 2 is a $90 game?
It was mentioned that the price referred to the US version and that the Japanese version was cheaper.
chempop wrote:Also, can't pronounce the scores? million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, SEXTILLION (lol)
Let's not get carried away here: High Scores: Giga Wing 2
Stage 7:
1. 10,672,013,705,115,288,720 - Rob - Kart (RF)
That's only 10.7 quintillion, only 1.07% of a sextillion.

Pronunciation isn't the issue - but that you need a ruler before you can pronounce anything.

Code: Select all

|   |   |   |   |   |thousand
  |   |   |   |   |million
  |   |   |   |billion
  |   |   |trillion
  |   |quadrillion
  |quintillion
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

I really like these videos. Would love one focused on Dangun Feveron!
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I believe I purchased GigaWing 2 from ebay at roughly $35 last year in 2012. I rarely spend more than $50 on a shmup (highest I've gone is $55), so there's no way I would have bought GigaWing 2 at such a high price. I was mentioning its low price as recent as February of this year, now that I glance through my posts.

GigaWing 1 I know I purchased for $15 last year on ebay, but that was a lucky auction (still only about $10 below normal price though).

(aside: Mars Matrix has always been -to me anyhow- consistently around the $30-40 mark, though I think in recent years its price has inched up)

It's a shame you guys didn't find Gigawing 2's shield mechanic more engaging; it sets it apart from any other shmup and makes for lots of fun each time. Gigawing is more bare bones and since i played it after GW2, I wasn't as able to get in to it like I was with GW2.
Sugar Rush Games

Post by Sugar Rush Games »

Very sorry to hear about Daeruna's injury; I wish her all the best in her recovery.

I'm still hoping for an R-Type episode!

Other than that, have you considered doing an episode on some of the homebrew Dreamcast games?

Keep up the great work!
PedroMD

Post by PedroMD »

Man, I remember playing B-Wings when I was a kid, in one of those pirated 9999999 in 1 cartridges (which had actually just eight games). Played it all the time, but never beat it. The fact that it has 30 stages may have something to do with that, I never knew it was so long.
In fact, I was trying to recall the name of this game recently, so thanks for this and keep up the good work. :)
1CC
RegalSin wrote:Then again, SNES was under the Nintendo regime, back when buying panties and school girl outfits was normal for a young or older man.
VideoGameRescue

Post by VideoGameRescue »

I don't mean to push this back to GW2, but I bought it from a good friend on a "homeboy hookup" and I paid $60 for mine, so $70-$90 does not sound too far off. GW2 is up there with Cannon Spike when it comes to price.
Laurel_McFang

Post by Laurel_McFang »

Thanks for the mini-review might get chain blisters (probably just the demo) tonight via eshop. R-type review would be awesome, I am playing the dotemu IOS version, but man do I need a joystick. Using fingers is hard. Thanks for the link to the Kokuga review btw.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Just got to meet Serraxor in real life for the first time this past weekend, at one of his own shmup events in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Very close to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia (home of Xona Games)! Awesome guy. Awesome gamer. Was glad to be included! (Serraxor, it was a pleasure!)
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Looking forward to it.

Also, when do you find time to sleep? :mrgreen:
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Serraxor wrote:Bullet Heaven 84 is now in the works! We're looking at a new doujin run'n'gun this time. Stay tuned.....
^I think you forgot to say "94", lol, typo, anyways, don't forget to mention, post updated with [insert game here]! :3
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Serraxor wrote:You want quick turnaround time? Here's Episode 96 of Bullet Heaven. In this episode we take a look at RefleX on Steam.

Next up? Some Dreamcast goodness, probably.
This gets me pretty excited to get the trilogy pack. I have not had time to do so, but the more I see of these games the more they look like real gems. +1 for bullet-reflecting mechanic, too.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Congratulations on reaching the 100th episode!
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

Do the "GET ASTEBREED!" links in the info box mean that you should rather buy Astebreed than Nyxx? :D
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Welcome back
chempop

Post by chempop »

I believe I may have ben part of the “toxicity” in this thread and I want to clear the air. If you do not want feedback, that’s fine. If you do, I will be more conscious of the way I word things. I stand by my comments in deleted posts and recognize how they could have been perceived as offensive.
chempop wrote: Regardless, still some of the best reviews out there! :D
I am glad you are still making reviews and updating the thread.
Maybe instead of having a mod delete posts that have questioned some of your review comments, they can spark a discussion on how the community feels about such “criticisms”?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
chempop

Post by chempop »

Wondering if you experience the crashing bug in NeoXYX when played in yoko mode, seems like something potential buyers should know about. You mention the issue with pausing, but left out many other problems with the DC port.
Last edited by chempop on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Edited that last post for clarity and tact. It’s the Yoko mode which crashes, tate and hori play fine though.
There are a handful of other glitches and inconsistencies with the neo release but it’s beating a dead horse.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Ridiculously slick intro! (as always)