RAIDEN II AUDIO NOISE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
moh

Re: RAIDEN II AUDIO NOISE

Post by moh »

Ed Oscuro wrote:It figures that the Raiden II I bought - which I can't really play due to not having a monitor that'll sync right with it - has perfect audio :oops:
GOD DAMMIT!
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Ed Oscuro wrote:It figures that the Raiden II I bought - which I can't really play due to not having a monitor that'll sync right with it - has perfect audio :oops:
HNNNNNGHHHH
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

The good bit - well maybe - is that, if you are so inclined - there should be more boards out there like this. I don't like the board raffle and I sympathize because it certainly could have gone the other way (which I agree might have been more just, but it's not under my control). It wasn't terribly expensive, so maybe just load up a bunch of auctions, ask the sellers questions, and hope for the best.

This really goes back to Seibu's rather shady hardware engineering, though, doesn't it? COP, downgraded boards, now this.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Bumping this since I seem to be having a somewhat similar issue with my Raiden DX board.

In my case, the game will turn on and sound will be fine for a while, but if I leave it on for more than, say 45 minutes or so, it starts to develop a fairly loud squealing sound. The rest of the game sound and music works fine, even while the squealing is going on, but I'm not sure exactly what on the board to check. Only thing I can think is caps or something that could be affected by heat the longer the board runs.