Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jockel

Re: Crimzon Clover Trial Version Released

Post by Jockel »

really sexy shit.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Udderdude wrote: Music is decent but nothing amazing. Sound effects are pretty underwhelming.
Yeah, the music in the old Beta was so much fucking better, what happened?
The menus and transitions are so .. fucking .. slow. Restarting a game takes 40 seconds. It's completely intolerable. Where's my "Restart" menu option? I feel like quitting the game instead of restarting when I make a mistake on level 1.
Big negative yeah. I don't know what they were thinking. But hey, it's still an early version and that's likely to be a big complaint people put forth.
It feels like the risk/reward system is flipped on it's head. If you don't play the game "correctly", it gets way harder than it should be. It feels like if you actually are seeing bullets on the screen (Aside from boss/midboss) it means you fucked up.
Don't entirely really agree with this part. For big bullet canceling enemies, you want them to spray the screen as much as possible before you kill them (and sometimes leave other enemies alive as well). When it comes to popcorn enemies, the rewards are better using the lock-shot, which means you've got to usually let a bunch of enemies show up before you kill them.

But to some degree you're definitely right. For one, because many times killing enemies fast causes more to show up. I think though, that tweaked right there could be a good interplay here and it would lead to some cases where killing stuff fast would be better and some times letting stuff pile up would be better.

I kind of feel like Break mode should jack up your rank though, like a DOJ Hyper does. Would put a little more risk into that reward. But to be fair, if you were really playing low risk, you'd just spam bombs all day.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

ive just had a few games and i must say i very much like it, ive still to delph deeper into it though. heh after play nothing but gradius for a while the game is proper handing my arse to me, ild better get my vert bullet hell cap on
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

How do I use the lock shot? Hold it the press fire, or hold it, release it then press fire? I experimented somewhat with it, but now I only use fire and hype-.. I mean BREAK.

Edit: About the music, Robert Miles called and wants his 1996 sound back.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Game seems like a ton of fun, but I'm getting pretty bad input lag using my madcatz stick and xpadder. Break mode is just ludicrous in how much shits it packs on screen. I'm going to get it on my laptop and try it out on my cab, hopefully a netbook can run it.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

emphatic wrote:Edit: About the music, Robert Miles called and wants his 1996 sound back.

Thought that sounded a whole lot like "Children" in the intro.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

emphatic wrote:How do I use the lock shot? Hold it the press fire, or hold it, release it then press fire? I experimented somewhat with it, but now I only use fire and hype-.. I mean BREAK.

Hold lock then let go. It works independent from the shot entirely.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:
emphatic wrote:How do I use the lock shot? Hold it the press fire, or hold it, release it then press fire? I experimented somewhat with it, but now I only use fire and hype-.. I mean BREAK.

Hold lock then let go. It works independent from the shot entirely.
yea thats right, when you press lock that lock strength bar at the bottom grows, while your locked on you also auto collect all the stars aswell. Personally i would of liked a slow ship speed button aswell, since thats how im used to playing these types of shooters.

Personally im not a great lover of the music expecially the title screen soundtrack. And I too agree it does take abit too long to restart the game, They should include a restart option or/ and speed up the operation of the name input screen.

Is it me or does this game remind me of Zillion Beats in the way it looks. Although i think Crimson Clover is the better of the 2 since the bullets are bigger and dont pulse/ flash like they do in ZB (making the game a total eye strianer)
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

It looks like an x.x game that doesn't look like complete shit, to me. :lol:

It's kinda weird that you have to hold lock to slow your speed, but ... I don't find it matters that much since I'm holding lock maybe 80% of the time anyway, and basically always holding it on bosses. And almost certainly, the B-Type ship will be very slow moving anyway.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:And almost certainly, the B-Type ship will be very slow moving anyway.
I wonder if that's exclusive to the full game, or will be unlockable in the demo when enough stars are collected?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
lgb

Post by lgb »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:I kind of feel like Break mode should jack up your rank though, like a DOJ Hyper does. Would put a little more risk into that reward. But to be fair, if you were really playing low risk, you'd just spam bombs all day.
DEMONIC SHIFT aka kakusei without the slowdown
Observer

Post by Observer »

Good lord, Unlimited mode is absolutely monstrous, preposterous, insane, etc., etc. How the hell are you supposed to stay alive past the first minute? Even the smallest enemies pack enough firepower to put in shame some bosses!

Other than that, it's not "they", Yotsubane appears to be just one guy. No team here. Someone go and compose him an OST!

The game is also damn colourful when compared to the purple nightmares some CAVE games put you in. And at least you can modify the alpha of the stars. Hope there will also be an option for the numbers so you can make 'em transparent or something...

... although I admit how the game rewards you for beating the shit out of everything while also trying to destroy you.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Observer wrote:Good lord, Unlimited mode is absolutely monstrous, preposterous, insane, etc., etc. How the hell are you supposed to stay alive past the first minute? Even the smallest enemies pack enough firepower to put in shame some bosses!
The shielded pod guys cancel bullets and can't shoot to their sides. Once you know that, it's just 'hard', not 'impossible'. :oops:
cul

Post by cul »

It's really good (makes me think of a mix between kamui and espgaluda :D), but I can't use my arcade stick (360 stick) with it for some reasons. Any work around?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

cul wrote:It's really good (makes me think of a mix between kamui and espgaluda :D), but I can't use my arcade stick (360 stick) with it for some reasons. Any work around?
joy2key or xpadder?
clp

Post by clp »

Udderdude wrote:
cul wrote:It's really good (makes me think of a mix between kamui and espgaluda :D), but I can't use my arcade stick (360 stick) with it for some reasons. Any work around?
joy2key or xpadder?
For me only the stick would work and not buttons and with xpadder it recognises the stick first so you have to open xpadder, load game THEN connect your stick to pc after game has booted up .
kengou

Post by kengou »

WOW! This is the first I've heard of this one but it is so damn good! I can't even believe how good this game is, it's like an insane mix of Soukyugurentai and Dai-ou-jou. Anyone know if the full version will be free or not? And if not, how we can buy it? :mrgreen:
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Observer

Post by Observer »

Definitely commercial. It might probably be available at White-Canvas (ships internationally), Messe-Sanoh, Akiba Oukuku (sp?) and probably Melonbooks and D-STAGE. The usual suspects.

edit: indeed, looking forward for the final release.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

It would be even better if a company like Rockin Android got hold of it and made a translated downloadable version like their other titles.

Talking about rockin andriod they havnt as of yet added any more games to their portfolio and Gundemonium collection still hasnt been released yet (may or march). If the games sold i would of thought that they would of translated lots of more games, oh well maybe they dont sell that well.
Last edited by TrevHead (TVR) on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Holy shit I love this. I agree about the transitions being slow and the music, and stage 2 kicks my ass over and over. I need to lern2use break more.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
lgb

Post by lgb »

where do you see espgaluda or doj in this

this is clearly ketsui with rayzers
Exarion

Post by Exarion »

This game is amazing, I will be eagerly awaiting the release. I just wish it was coming sooner.
cul

Post by cul »

Udderdude wrote:
joy2key or xpadder?
Awesome, thank you mate. Now that I can properly play, this game seems more and more cool to me :3
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Can someone please explain the scoring system? Does the purple multiplier give more points?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

From what I understand, the purple multiplier shows up when you kill stuff with the lockon lasers, which in turn are given a multiplier up to x.2.0, which I'm assuming is where you get a ton of points. I haven't really got the hang of all of this yet...
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Yup, lock more targets before you release = higher multiplier. I think it can actually reach up to 2.4x or so? But you need to be full power for that obviously. It's always best to kill stuff in groups with the lock shot when you can.

The Break Rate is your main multiplier though, you want to drive that as high as possible because it effects the value of everything.
kengou

Post by kengou »

lgb wrote:where do you see espgaluda or doj in this

this is clearly ketsui with rayzers
I think the main point of comparison with DOJ is the Break mode which functions a lot like Hypers.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
friedrich

Post by friedrich »

big numbers are awesome :D
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Observer wrote:Definitely commercial. It might probably be available at White-Canvas (ships internationally), Messe-Sanoh, Akiba Oukuku (sp?) and probably Melonbooks and D-STAGE. The usual suspects.

edit: indeed, looking forward for the final release.
any ideas of when is the final version comming out?... i'd love to show him som support, if its possible to buy it with paypal (now that i have an account!).
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

August 2010.