Looks like Espgaluda II is coming to 360 aswell

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Dandy J

Re: Looks like Espgaluda II is coming to 360 aswell

Post by Dandy J »

THE wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:Well, I have a feeling a lot of J360s will be shipping to Shmups Forums members soon.

This is hard to resist, here.
Hopefully the whiners will stop now and just buy that goddamn 2xx bucks x360 thing. Get a Japser unit an it should survive at least 5 years if you only shmup on it make it 7 years...
i have a jasper and it likes to red ring and then randomly start working again 5 minutes later and then work for a few weeks and then randomly red ring again.
<BEOWOOF> my lifes like battle garegga every time i kill man life becomes harder and the only solution to making things easier is killing ymself.
<SCRUNBABBY> my lifes like gwangs
<SCRUNBABBY> cause .. theres lots of wangs
Zero Gunner

Post by Zero Gunner »

ncp wrote:
Zero Gunner wrote:ESPGaluda 1, and a proper version of DDP?!?!
PS2?
Yes I understand that there is a good port on PS2. But I would like the port we should have gotten for Xbox, or the rumored, Cave-handled DFK port as far as DDP goes. As to EspGaluda, I agree as well. It's an excellent port, but if 2 is coming to 360 it would be cool to also have 1 simply for the sake of completing the collection.
*sig removed*
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Dandy J wrote:
THE wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:Well, I have a feeling a lot of J360s will be shipping to Shmups Forums members soon.

This is hard to resist, here.
Hopefully the whiners will stop now and just buy that goddamn 2xx bucks x360 thing. Get a Japser unit an it should survive at least 5 years if you only shmup on it make it 7 years...
i have a jasper and it likes to red ring and then randomly start working again 5 minutes later and then work for a few weeks and then randomly red ring again.
get a jp360, microsoft will cover that shit if it busts.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

More Cave at home? I'll buy it. :mrgreen:
"Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that people start declaring a game is overrated before it's even out? "
"You're at shmups.com. We're all psychics full of righteous indignation!"
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:
Have you considered getting a PS2... you can play the game on that console you know.... try it it's good
I suppose this is directed towards me. I do have a ps2 softmodded and have espgaluda but since the 360 is the current console of "choice," it would be so much more convenient to play it on the 360, plus i could throw some bucks towards the effort and feel all warm and gooey inside...or some shit. The problem is I neglect the ps2.

That may be the wrong quoted user, but whatever its late.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Now where's Muchi Muchi Pork? ^^
Galuda 2 is probably my least favourite cave game of the post-ps2-port-era, so i'm not too stoked about the news.
And announce Daifukkatsu, dammit! :?
General Martok

Post by General Martok »

Jockel wrote:Galuda 2 is probably my least favourite cave game of the post-ps2-port-era
Can't agree with you here :P I think it's the most underrated cave game .
It may not be as good as mushi futari gameplaywise but it's graphics , art direction and music are outstanding and the best of all cave games IMO ...for example if you look at futari it has some really goofy looking bosses like that dinosaur and that huge generic bug thing :P but galuda 2 is just perfect.
Only small gripe for me is the scoring system , I liked the first galuda's better (without the super slomo mode).
nZero

Post by nZero »

Finally, something I'm actually finding myself looking forward to.

Also, where were all the "if they're releasing x they should include y as well!!" whiners in the Mushi Futari X360 thread? The PS2 Mushi port was miserable compared to the PS2 ESPGaluda port. Unless it's just that nobody wants to play Mushi 1, at which point I don't blame them.
E. Randy Dupre

Post by E. Randy Dupre »

Udderdude wrote:Emulating a Sony licensed PS2 game .. on the 360.

Yeah, that'll happen.
It wasn't published by Sony, was it? Afaik, they just granted Cave/Arika a licence to release it on their console, so it remains Cave's game to do with as they please.

I already own the PS2 version, but it'd be nice to see Cave paying proper attention to their back catalogue for once. It's be like Sega including the original OutRun on the Xbox conversion of OutRun 2 - puts the newer game in context, grants the series a sense of history.

I'm hardly whining. I'm just saying it'd be a nice touch. And yeah, same applies to Mushi Futari.
General Martok

Post by General Martok »

Who cares for Espgaluda1? Anyone can play the perfect port already (ffs , it's on ps2 :roll: ), I'd much rather have galuda 2 sooner than another port (which will most certainly NOT happen).
yyr

Post by yyr »

I am so psyched for this. But I will wait for the platform announcement.

Since Espgaluda II was first announced (for arcade) I knew that
a) I would likely never see the arcade version, and
b) I would buy the home version on day one, if one was produced.

I own two 360s already, and I haven't jumped on the JP bandwagon just yet, but I guess I'm buying a third as soon as this is confirmed... hurry up Cave!!!!!

Also...if they can emulate the first Espgaluda's arcade version, why not just include that if they want to include the first game? If someone wants the practice mode and arrange modes that badly, they can then purchase the PS2 port.
http://www.yyrgames.com
I exclusively make arcade-style games. Now available for Steam and Xbox =)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Seeing as they've seem to have lost their know-how for the graphics now (DeathSmiles 2), yet are able to create nice high res graphics from low res graphics already "available", it would be really nice to see polished versions of Mushihimesama, ESPGALUDA, Ibara etc with added, new versions (Black Label-style). Imagine buying DoDonpachi 360, and freaking out while realizing you can unlock "campaign version" once you 1CC the regular game.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Here's hoping for an Extra mode and the further return of more Esprade-inspired characters. I liked the first Galuda, but it's hard to find a favorite character among hermaphroditic fairies.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
E. Randy Dupre

Post by E. Randy Dupre »

General Martok wrote:Who cares for Espgaluda1? Anyone can play the perfect port already (ffs , it's on ps2 :roll: ), I'd much rather have galuda 2 sooner than another port (which will most certainly NOT happen).
Tell you what, try reading posts before replying to them :idea:
undamned

Post by undamned »

8 1/2 wrote:hermaphroditic
Horrible and proper at the same time.

ESPG II. That will comfort me after the $20 US release of RFA that won't play on my JP360.
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
General Martok

Post by General Martok »

E. Randy Dupre wrote:
General Martok wrote:Who cares for Espgaluda1? Anyone can play the perfect port already (ffs , it's on ps2 :roll: ), I'd much rather have galuda 2 sooner than another port (which will most certainly NOT happen).
Tell you what, try reading posts before replying to them :idea:
Huh ..? Maybe you misunderstood ...I wasn't taking about a seperate port but about an included port (or "emulation") which would both needlessly delay Galuda 2 .
Whatever ..lets keep it ontopic : this thread is about :lol: :lol: ESPGALUDA 2 :lol: :lol:

let's keep the old boring stuff out of here
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

I can't wait to see what the arrange mode is like! Maybe the ESP crew come back for another round? ;)
bucklemyshoe

Post by bucklemyshoe »

E. Randy Dupre wrote:
Udderdude wrote:but it'd be nice to see Cave paying proper attention to their back catalogue for once. It's be like Sega including the original OutRun on the Xbox conversion of OutRun 2 - puts the newer game in context, grants the series a sense of history.

I'm hardly whining. I'm just saying it'd be a nice touch. And yeah, same applies to Mushi Futari.
I have to disagree, I love that they're stepping forward. I plan to buy all the releases and maybe once all the current games have been ported they could take a step back and pay attention to the past.

Really, I don't care what happens after DFK
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

OMG.... let me rush to sell my kit. wait, never mind.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

I'm sure play asia will be rubbing their oily hands together in anticipation
Cave4life
Banned User

Post by Cave4life »

HOLY CRAP!!! i didnt know about this ... Espgaluda is my fav Cave shmups eva i have it on a PCB and now i can finally afford to get the second game !
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Was it Asada who initially said that he wanted to release ESP2 on XBLA (quite a ways back in the DS blog)?
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

I hear this game has "way more juice" than Galuda 1.
ncp

Post by ncp »

Danbo Daxter wrote:I hear this game has "way more juice" than Galuda 1.
It looks about a million times harder.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Kiken wrote:Was it Asada who initially said that he wanted to release ESP2 on XBLA (quite a ways back in the DS blog)?
They wanted to, but didn't think they would have enough time. I don't remember anything about an XBLA release though.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

ncp wrote:
It is. I'm really happy if i even make it to stage 4.
Hey, that one pattern looks like one from the last boss of Futari.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Jockel wrote:
ncp wrote:
It is. I'm really happy if i even make it to stage 4.
That video is of the Stage 5-1 boss with a set of alternate attack patterns. You need to follow some specific requirements to fight that version, which is great for scoring, but suicide for anyone who's not a shmup god.

Galuda 2 makes the original comparatively boring every step of the way (not an easy achievement) and is an absolutely amazing game - easily up there with Cave's best, and perfectly 1CC-able with practice.

Hope you guys get a worthy port.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

u know it
<BEOWOOF> my lifes like battle garegga every time i kill man life becomes harder and the only solution to making things easier is killing ymself.
<SCRUNBABBY> my lifes like gwangs
<SCRUNBABBY> cause .. theres lots of wangs
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Dandy J wrote:
u know it
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Skykid wrote: That video is of the Stage 5-1 boss with a set of alternate attack patterns. You need to follow some specific requirements to fight that version, which is great for scoring, but suicide for anyone who's not a shmup god.
I'm pretty sure nobody fights Shin Seseri because it's worth less points to no-miss and do so than you get for fighting her normally and using the suicide to grab extra points on boss 4. Haven't seen the 1b replay though so I'm not sure what way they end up using.