Codename TROOPER (ver. 0.5.7.2 available for download)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
null1024

Re: Codename TROOPER (ver. 0.5.7.2 available for download)

Post by null1024 »

Round it. Like, round the number itself, not what it's displayed as.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Ravid

Re: Codename TROOPER (ver. 0.5.7.2 available for download)

Post by Ravid »

Aru-san wrote:
null1024 wrote:Played the latest version, I say, it's a lot better than older ones [duh], but I really don't like the lessened enemy health, and the death penalty is a bit harsh [no pun intended]. Couldn't you half the PPT instead of zeroing it?
I would originally do that, but unfortunately I ran into decimal problems that I couldn't find a solution for. I don't want the PPT to have a value on the last digit, so if anyone can help me find a solution, that would be great.
Round it down?
To be honest, the huge penalty isn't exactly a flaw (though it will be unpopular), but it could work equally well with a minor or even no penalty. With no penalty, players will be more inclined to risk the later patterns to increase their score, and they still have to consider the possibility that they might get a game over. Plus there will be an indirect effect from having medal value reset (this is hard to bring back up in later levels). Not saying this will be better, just throwing some ideas out there.