Another shmup stick debate

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
admith

Post by admith »

Sorry, Hibachi, but the making of the stick was very difficult for me and a good friend that helped me, so we won't make another one.

It has a PS2 plug, so I can't use it to play my copy of Death Smiles for the Asian 360, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make another stick.

Sorry. :wink:
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

Well if we cant get a Suzo mounted, whats the next best bet? LS-32?. You know i cant have a different stick for all occasions, what would you guys suggest as the best stick for all around play? Street Fighter, shmups, ect.?

Also are there any Magstik owners that can give an opinion? Retroblast has a review but i want to hear from a member of these forums.
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

lawnspic wrote:Well if we cant get a Suzo mounted, whats the next best bet? LS-32?. You know i cant have a different stick for all occasions, what would you guys suggest as the best stick for all around play? Street Fighter, shmups, ect.?

Also are there any Magstik owners that can give an opinion? Retroblast has a review but i want to hear from a member of these forums.
I'd recommend LS-32, but I never play fighters. So depending on the ratio of playtime on other stuff than shmups, that's how I would choose. 70% or more, get the LS-32, if 50/50, perhaps Sanwa JLF is a better choice.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

admith wrote:The SUZO 500 is the best stick for shmups in my opinion too.

Here you can see how we mounted it in a wooden box (look specially at the second pic):

http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/Ikarug ... index.html
That's one of the most beautiful sticks ever man!! Would love to have something like that. Enhorabuena por tan precioso mando!