Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
JoshF

Post by JoshF »

MegaShock! | @ YouTube | Latest Update: Metal Slug No Up Lever No Miss
Etrian

Post by Etrian »

Wow, this is great news! Never thought I would see a sequel.

The fanboy crapfest in this thread isn't such great news though. :wink:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

The fanboy crapfest in this thread isn't such great news though.
WHAT!?!

didn't you get the memo, you aren't cool unless you are super negative about anything new that comes out. ESPECIALLY when it comes to things most will be excited for......

in other words a total buzz kill....
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Incredible Wii showing at TGS:

Sin & Punishment 2;

Klonoa remake;

sequel to Another Code / Trace Memory;

new Vanillaware RPG;

All of a sudden it's time to buy a Wii. :o
X - P - B
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Turrican wrote:Incredible Wii showing at TGS:

Sin & Punishment 2;

Klonoa remake;

new Vanillaware RPG;

Only problem is that NONE of it has a western release date yet and the always smiling greedy fucks at Nintendo just love their stuff region locked.
Remember how long it took to bring Odin Sphere to Europe?
I'd say I think about getting a Wii...in 2 years.
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

Necronom wrote:

Sin & Punishment 2;

Klonoa remake;

new Vanillaware RPG;

Only problem is that NONE of it has a western release date yet and the always smiling greedy fucks at Nintendo just love their stuff region locked.
Remember how long it took to bring Odin Sphere to Europe?
I'd say I think about getting a Wii...in 2 years.
Sin & Punishment 2 and Punch Out were confirmed to get 2009 US releases.

XSeed has secured US publishing rights for Muramasa (the Vanillaware game) as well, and I think they are expecting a 2009 release.
Never_Scurred

Post by Never_Scurred »

OmniGLH wrote:ZOMG!!1!
ITs on WII so it sux cause Wii is for kids, their parents, and their grandparents!

ANy hardcore super real gamest would never play games on a Wii!

Treasure -- Fuc You sell outs!
I don't think anyone here shares that sentiment...
"It's a joke how the Xbox platform has caught shit for years for only having shooters, but now it's taken on an entirely different meaning."-somebody on NeoGAF
Watch me make Ketsui my bitch.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

ITs on WII so it sux cause Wii is for kids, their parents, and their grandparents!

Are you serious? :shock:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

moonblood

Post by moonblood »

Also, doesn't that freeloader thing make Wii importing rather easy if one can't wait
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

MR_Soren wrote:XSeed has secured US publishing rights for Muramasa (the Vanillaware game) as well, and I think they are expecting a 2009 release.
If this is true, then I will be forced to buy this...and put it aside until I actually get a Wii, heh heh.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

moonblood wrote:Also, doesn't that freeloader thing make Wii importing rather easy if one can't wait
I do believe the firmware updates have rendered it useless.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

kengou

Post by kengou »

Never_Scurred wrote:

I've seen people on these boards and many others who would share that sentiment unfortunately.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

He was being sarcastic.... and the 1st post about waggle crap along with the flying character bit is an example as to why.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Etrian

Post by Etrian »

Strider77 wrote:
The fanboy crapfest in this thread isn't such great news though.
WHAT!?!

didn't you get the memo, you aren't cool unless you are super negative about anything new that comes out. ESPECIALLY when it comes to things most will be excited for......

in other words a total buzz kill....
Most? Dood, S&P is pretty hit or miss with most people. I would say like 250 westerners actually care about the game.

Sin & Punishment 2;

Klonoa remake;

new Vanillaware RPG;

The new vanillaware RPG isn't new at all.. people have known about it for years. I thought it was a dead project, but apparently not!
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Most? Dood, S&P is pretty hit or miss with most people. I would say like 250 westerners actually care about the game.
I wasn't just talking S&P..... it was a generalized joke to. like folks that say RSG is crap ect.
I would say like 250 westerners actually care about the game.
I would say there about the same amount that care about cave titles ect.... as we all know their are millions who all play GTA and Madden though.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Are we SURE this is being developed by Treasure? I didn't see their name after the trailer. Looks awesome! :D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Strider77 wrote:
He was being sarcastic.... and the 1st post about waggle crap along with the flying character bit is an example as to why.
Your fanning the flame doesn't help any, bro.

Where did anyone say "OH, This SUXOR!!>!!"

I just called it like I see it. I'm not impressed. It looks to have potential, but I personally think, imo, imho, the floating character looks queer, and I truly imo, imho, think that it will take away from the formula that made Sin & Punishment what it is.

And my conclusion: "Wait and see"

Then you and the next guy come along with bullshit flame sarcasm.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

I've always imagined the Wii as the ideal system to port rail shooters to, what with the pointer functionality and all.

It's good to see developers fulfilling this wish. =)
Jon

Post by Jon »

dave4shmups wrote:Are we SURE this is being developed by Treasure? I didn't see their name after the trailer. :D
Yes.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

going off topic, but there's also Cave Story Wii to look upon.
X - P - B
OmniGLH

Post by OmniGLH »

Skykid wrote: Are you serious? :shock:
Me, no. Others, I'm afraid so.
kengou wrote:
Never_Scurred wrote: I don't think anyone here shares that sentiment...
I've seen people on these boards and many others who would share that sentiment unfortunately.
Its a shame, people ought to not be bothered with what console a game appears on and just appreciate a game for the game it is rather than talk down a game because its not appearing on their favorite hard core game console.
Strider77 wrote:
Indeed.
anytime a game is mentioned for the Wii, the ZOMG!!1! waggle wii tech wobble motion dancing controls are brought up. Gets a bit redundant.
Koa Zo wrote: Then you and the next guy come along with bullshit flame sarcasm.
Since I was the next guy, I wasn't targeting any one individual, but rather the populous of pundits who dismiss the Wii as nothing but inferior simply for being successful. Last round it was vogue to hate and disrespect anything Sony PlayStation. In 1990 it was hip to dog Nintendo for their cutthroat NES.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

...and so on.
MathU

Post by MathU »

OmniGLH wrote:anytime a game is mentioned for the Wii, the ZOMG!!1! waggle wii tech wobble motion dancing controls are brought up. Gets a bit redundant.
And stupid. It's not 2007 anymore.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Etrian

Post by Etrian »

MathU wrote:
OmniGLH wrote:anytime a game is mentioned for the Wii, the ZOMG!!1! waggle wii tech wobble motion dancing controls are brought up. Gets a bit redundant.
And stupid. It's not 2007 anymore.
It isn't redundant.. it doesn't cease to amaze me since they're still making bucketloads of Wii games and DS games with unnecessary controls "just because they can". And it's like Nintendo are forcing people into creating cheese game slogans with "DS" for acronyms just because they can.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Strider77 wrote:and the 1st post about waggle crap
Oh no, my remark about waggling a controller has apparently struck some nerves. Seriously, who cares? Oh wait...To be utterly blunt, I felt the original's controls were just fine and I'd simply like a continuation of that scheme. If they incorporate a waggle scheme (oh no, he said waggle, LYNCH HIM) that works, cool...but personally, the old system is fine enough for me. I think you folk are just looking for reasons to turn any thread anyone here makes into a retard debate of some sort, if you're digging that deep for something to bitch about. Try taking a deep breath before posting and contemplate whether it's actually worth bringing up, as A. I was just messing around and B. You're crying over two words.
now tighter than your sister
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Also C. What's up with homey's running animation? That's some uh...lost for words.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

crithit5000 wrote:Also C. What's up with homey's running animation? That's some uh...lost for words.
JoshF wrote:Image
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Oh, now it all makes sense...that one went right over my head. But the walking animation still looks goofy, though, go-go boots or not.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

crithit5000 wrote:Oh, now it all makes sense...that one went right over my head. But the walking animation still looks goofy, though, go-go boots or not.
JoshF should do a 'sega rant' style review of the S&P2 video. That's all I gotta say. Furthermore(whoops), if you were wearing go-go boots, do you think everything 'up there' would be operating correctly, assuming you aren't a) man/homosapien or b) cyborg? I think the... quote land maneuvering quote is quite possibly the result of loss of brain function due to go-go enchancement.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
chempop

Post by chempop »

S+P2 yeeeesssss!!! For people to be complaining about anything regarding this game is a total shame, especially in a shmup community, I'm confused that you guys have such mixed reactions.

Sure, I'm not 100% on the main characters design, sure the flying might be different (god forbid) but come on, with all the crap that is the modern gaming market you guys need to get your heads out of your ass and be happy this game is a reality.

The graphics looked amazing to me and the underwater section was some of the coolest shit I think I've seen since Panzer Dragoon Orta. As a Treasure fan since Gunstar Heroes, his is some of the best news in ages and I couldn't be happier with the first trailer.