Shooting game T-Shirts available at Click-Stick.com

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

CMoon wrote:Don't forget to make a shirt that just says in big red letters (preferably in the ugliest font possible): ARE YOU GREAT?
That I would buy...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

CMoon wrote:Don't forget to make a shirt that just says in big red letters (preferably in the ugliest font possible): ARE YOU GREAT?
Now a shirt based on Dimahoo's supreme cheesiness I might buy. Or even better, get me some Parodius duds!
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Holy shit. Brillant idea:

We make some iron-on decals for all our favorite companies and shmups. Then you iron them on in the middle of the tate screen. That way, you can make it whatever you want. The fucking Toaplan logo, and I'd be made in the shade with pink lemonade.

I'm sure it's way more difficult to make an iron-on decal than I think. Oh vell.
JBC

Post by JBC »

I actually have an R-Type shirt that i made at the mall. It's got the R-Type logo on the front and the original arcade flyer on the back (with the R9 squaring off against the rat-thing in a kinda airbrushy-style art). It's just a black short sleeve. Really cool, though i burned it in the dryer a little - maybe i'll post a pic soon.
icepick

Post by icepick »

Alpha! Easy peasy.

Funny enough, I've got a pack of those, and I haven't used them yet because I need to buy some nice T-shirts to print designs to. :|
\\ /\/\ \
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Oh well, I suppose there is beauty in the simplicity of this shirt-and I didn't know click was making them in different colors.

Circuitface, where do you live? That R-Type shirt sounds amazing! I can't remember where I saw the Psyvariar shirt, but they're probably still available.

On Ebay once, I saw a red shirt with the red "Roadblasters" marquee design on the front; man I should've snatched that up! Evidently Atari gave out Roadblaster shirts back in the day to whoever actually completed all 50 levels of the game!

I wholeheartedly agree with Alpha5099; a Toaplan logo shirt would rock! I could go for a Compile one as well, and I would LOVE to see Taito put out white t-shirts with their blue logo and name on the shirt! I've been meaning to email Namco to see if they have any shirts with their logo and Pac Man on them.

www.gameskins.com does have some good gaming shirts, but try Ebay for Galaga shirts and the like.
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

CMoon wrote: Jesus...someone run over your dog this morning? It isn't like I'm pulling the elitist thing out of my ass, it has been said here before, and we've have huge arguments over tating with just those kinds of words thrown around. Tate is absolutely cool, but I don't think I need it on a t-shirt. Its an opinion, you don't need to yell at all of us for having one....especially when most of us said we are supportive of click-stick and many even included apologies in their post...

Wow.
So you're pissed because I said some shit that you knew didn't apply to you. Huh? :roll:

And in case you haven't figured this out, that was MY opinion. Funny how people defend rights to opinions up until they get pissed.
Blow up self to involve enemies.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

black mariah wrote:
So you're pissed because I said some shit that you knew didn't apply to you. Huh? :roll:

And in case you haven't figured this out, that was MY opinion. Funny how people defend rights to opinions up until they get pissed.
What do you mean? You yelled at us to make our own damned shirts, then said we were misinformed. I'm sorry, I'm not so much pissed off as bewildered. Everytime I want to say that I'm not too taken by a product I now have to make my own?

Your post makes absolutely no sense. You call us pussies for not tating (but I do tate...), which we must be because we don't care for the shirt too much (at least I don't really dig it). Then you say I'm ignorant for referring to it as elitist, when I can think of at least 3 independent threads over the last couple years where the term 'elitist' was thrown around in relationship to tate.

You will notice that this entire thread was incredibly civil and no one was pissed until you called us pussies and told us to make our own damn shirts. Hence my 'wow'. This isn't pissed off, it is just a remark of bewilderment when one's tone and content are entirely uncalled for.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

dave4shmups wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Alpha5099; a Toaplan logo shirt would rock! I could go for a Compile one as well, and I would LOVE to see Taito put out white t-shirts with their blue logo and name on the shirt! I've been meaning to email Namco to see if they have any shirts with their logo and Pac Man on them.
A Compile shirt would be nice, but it wouldn't work as an iron on for Click's shirt. All their games are yoko.

I've always wanted one of those Pac-Man shirts with an image of the place where the Ghosts start out, with the words "Eat Me."
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'd buy and wear a Compile shirt ironically.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Rob wrote:I'd buy and wear a Compile shirt ironically.
Only appropriate if you iron on a little black and white photo of yourself looking disgruntled next to their logo. heh
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Dude, I'd wear shirts with logos from all those companies....now that would have been the way to go.

Haha, my kids were taking a test today, I wrote up on the board 'why don't you try hard?'...on another day I repeatedly told them to 'do the best they've ever done.' :P
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

CMoon wrote:Haha, my kids were taking a test today, I wrote up on the board 'why don't you try hard?'...on another day I repeatedly told them to 'do the best they've ever done.' :P
Because telling them to "TARGET FOR THE WEAK POINTS OF FUCKIN' MACHINE" would get you in trouble. :P
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"because I'm not so much of a lazy/wimpy fuck I can't manhandle a 27" TV onto its side safely. Huh? Rolling Eyes"

Brilliant BlacK Mariah. :roll: Did it ever occur to you that certain TV's simply WILL NOT tate because of the way they're made, and will always have discoloration?

Equally ridiculous is your assumption that everyone who chooses not to tate is "a lazy/wimpy fuck". :roll: I have no problems playing games in non-tate mode, because I'm emotionally mature enough to play games the way I want to play them, not the way someone else wants me to.

"You will notice that this entire thread was incredibly civil and no one was pissed until you called us pussies and told us to make our own damn shirts. Hence my 'wow'. This isn't pissed off, it is just a remark of bewilderment when one's tone and content are entirely uncalled for."

Exactly. The fact that this kind of nonsense goes on over and over and over and over again without any kind of sanctions being applied is what's dragging this forum down into the mud.
uwfan

Post by uwfan »

i actually like the design a lot as i am a minimalist kind of person, but I wish it had long sleeves.

Long sleeved are sooooooooooooo much better that short sleeved shirts. :wink:
"It could be that my view on the absurdness of this story is not objective and you don't think it to be unusual at all but I can't help being impressed by this chain of events."
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I'd buy a shirt with Cave or Psikyo's logo on it.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

dave4shmups wrote:"because I'm not so much of a lazy/wimpy fuck I can't manhandle a 27" TV onto its side safely. Huh? Rolling Eyes"

Brilliant BlacK Mariah. :roll: Did it ever occur to you that certain TV's simply WILL NOT tate because of the way they're made, and will always have discoloration?

Equally ridiculous is your assumption that everyone who chooses not to tate is "a lazy/wimpy fuck". :roll: I have no problems playing games in non-tate mode, because I'm emotionally mature enough to play games the way I want to play them, not the way someone else wants me to.

"You will notice that this entire thread was incredibly civil and no one was pissed until you called us pussies and told us to make our own damn shirts. Hence my 'wow'. This isn't pissed off, it is just a remark of bewilderment when one's tone and content are entirely uncalled for."

Exactly. The fact that this kind of nonsense goes on over and over and over and over again without any kind of sanctions being applied is what's dragging this forum down into the mud.
See that rounded blue rectangle at the top right of every post dave? If you click on it it quotes a post. Just a hot tip I picked up along the way.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

CMoon wrote:Dude, I'd wear shirts with logos from all those companies....now that would have been the way to go.

Haha, my kids were taking a test today, I wrote up on the board 'why don't you try hard?'...on another day I repeatedly told them to 'do the best they've ever done.' :P
:lol:

For the hip-hoppy shmuppers, they can make those jackets where it's full of NBA logos, or Nascar logos, but replaced them with shmup companies.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

IlMrm wrote:
CMoon wrote:Dude, I'd wear shirts with logos from all those companies....now that would have been the way to go.
:lol:
For the hip-hoppy shmuppers, they can make those jackets where it's full of NBA logos, or Nascar logos, but replaced them with shmup companies.
interestingly enough, i (not CMoon) have thought about doing this. however, due to the cost, time, and enveloping non-interest, it never happened. so much work for a few looks.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Neon

Post by Neon »

on another day I repeatedly told them to 'do the best they've ever done.'
Perhaps I'm compromising my hardcore-ity ( :oops: ) but what game is that from? I recognize the first bit from donpachi
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

Donpachi Boss Warning wrote:THIS IS NOT SIMILATION. GET READY
TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
THE WEAK POINTS OF F**KIN' MACHINE.
DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
Neon

Post by Neon »

ah. I never could make out what that said entirely
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

Neon wrote:ah. I never could make out what that said entirely
Why don't you try hard?
Blow up self to involve enemies.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I didn't buy click's shirt, but I just got this printed today.
The black background didn't come out as well as I hoped though.

The shirt

zoomed in to see the pixelly goodness

Cost me $28.50 CDN after taxes for the single print.

I did that with a doctored up screenshot, and resized using a nearest-neighbour resampling method to retain the pixellation for that nice 8-bit feel :)

Next one I'll do is probably the goldfish from Feel The Magic XY/XX.
I also have one of the original R-Type ship (which I nabbed off the shmups.com front page, I think...)
sven666

Post by sven666 »

iatneH wrote:I didn't buy click's shirt, but I just got this printed today.

The shirt

I did that with a doctored up screenshot, and resized using a nearest-neighbour resampling method to retain the pixellation for that nice 8-bit feel :)

I also have one of the original R-Type ship (which I nabbed off the shmups.com front page, I think...)
looks good, i have lots of gameshirts with the same style print.. shame it doesent survive washing tho :(
awc

Post by awc »

Are these t-shirts still available? I've never tried on an American Apparel t-shirt but will visit a store in T.O. to see how they fit.

BTW, speaking of SHMUP themed clothing, from reading another post, I think this would make a funny graphic t-shirt design with an Engrish theme to it:
RoninBuddha wrote: Image
click_stick

Post by click_stick »

awc wrote:Are these t-shirts still available?

Only until Monday. Anyone who might still be interested has to let me know what they want by that day.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

iatneH wrote:I didn't buy click's shirt, but I just got this printed today.

The shirt

Nice work, man!

I have often thought about having cafe press or someone do a deluxe black T-shirt with a Raizing/8ing logo on the front and Garegga cover art on the back.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Dylan1CC wrote: I have often thought about having cafe press or someone do a deluxe black T-shirt with a Raizing/8ing logo on the front and Garegga cover art on the back.
I looked at cafepress too, but I don't think they had black T-shirts (can you imagine????). Or maybe I'm just blind. Anyway, on the premise they didn't have black, led me to look for someplace locally.

A friend of mine suggested doing the complete text from the Dimahoo intro, pasted over the flyer for the game (at arcadeflyers), I'm thinking of how well I could make it work...

The funny thing about the shirt I made, I doctored up the high score, but I have no idea what a reasonable score would be... the original image had a score of 64,000 or so :\
Plus I pasted in a completely different core, and moved the options around a bit, hehe...