Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Twiddle wrote:
RyanDG wrote:Little bit of news from Insert Credit -

The game is going to be developed by Gulti and will be published by Success.

http://www.insertcredit.com/
Let's not forget though that the Raiden Fighters games run at a resolution which the 360 can't display full screen, so don't expect a nearly perfect version at all.

Oh pish posh.

Who wants arcade perfect ports? I much prefer graphical glitches, unnecessary slowdowns, grossly upscaled sprites, messed up sound, and huge borders around my game any day.

Arcade perfect ports are so 1997.
http://www.arcade-renaissance.com - My little home on the web.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Finally! I do hope it makes it to the States, but it's good news to me either way. :D
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

This is good news for supergun and cab owner who want to play an arcade perfect port. The pcb price should go down even further. I've been seeing a lot of raiden board on YJ! lately; I wonder if this is related or not.
Last edited by yojo! on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

RyanDG wrote:
Twiddle wrote:
RyanDG wrote:Little bit of news from Insert Credit -

The game is going to be developed by Gulti and will be published by Success.

http://www.insertcredit.com/
Let's not forget though that the Raiden Fighters games run at a resolution which the 360 can't display full screen, so don't expect a nearly perfect version at all.

Oh pish posh.

Who wants arcade perfect ports? I much prefer graphical glitches, unnecessary slowdowns, grossly upscaled sprites, messed up sound, and huge borders around my game any day.

Arcade perfect ports are so 1997.
You don't know Recap.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Twiddle wrote:You don't know Recap.
Not really - I take it I'm missing an inside joke here? ;)
http://www.arcade-renaissance.com - My little home on the web.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Yes.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

Speaking as a 360 owner, this is great news. Microsoft and its third parties have been taking steps to bring some imports and niche titles to the US market (Senko, Tenchu Z, Project Sylpheed, etc) as a way of catering to the "hardcore" market so there's a good possibility that we'll see it.

What's with all the negativity anyways? If you don't like it, just play it on Mame or whatever.
DBH87

Post by DBH87 »

wow cannot wait for this, would be good if it was actually successful so more comps can come out, but i doubt it
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

MathU wrote:I'll take the Wii's excellent Classic controller, reliability, and more realistic price over a 360 any day.
And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles. And throw in a Limo and a driver to take me there while you are at it.
kennyrh

Post by kennyrh »

Don't think it'll be a MAME port as suggested earlier . . .

. . .last time I played the later Raidens weren't running perfectly.

Great news though . . . :shock: :D
Shoot, dodge, collect . . .it's the ONLY way to be !!
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Good news. Seems like the X360 will be the new Dreamcast/PS2 of this gen, in terms of Shmups releases. Since Gulti is doing the port and Grev already did a X360 port, you can bet that new super-mediocre Gulti/Grev game will get a X360 port too.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

icycalm wrote:
MathU wrote:I'll take the Wii's excellent Classic controller, reliability, and more realistic price over a 360 any day.
And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles. And throw in a Limo and a driver to take me there while you are at it.
Good for you. Want a cookie? Btw, how much's the Limo? :wink:
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

coming to US or Japan?

ps:

Lock plz

:cry:
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Well this could well bring Arika back to Caves den for XB360 Cave goodness. I mean with that sort of power under the hood ports should take 20 minutes.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Well this could well bring Arika back to Caves den for XB360 Cave goodness. I mean with that sort of power under the hood ports should take 20 minutes.
No, not Arika. Mihara said he isn't interesting in doing ports to hardware that cannot support the native PCB's 240p/15khz resolution. You'll have to find another company to make blurry Cave X360 ports.
Rob

Post by Rob »

EOJ wrote:you can bet that new super-mediocre Gulti/Grev game will get a X360 port too.
day 1
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Since MS starts selling Xbox 1 classics like Halo and Psychonauts through XBL at the end of the year it might also be possible that this one turns into a XBL download in the west...without the superplay DVD.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Damn, I'd much rather see a PS3 port of this. Not only would we avoid the region coding issues; we could use Saturn PS2 pads! 360 is an odd choice.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

professor ganson wrote:360 is an odd choice.
I think they're using the 360 because 1)It's easier to program for, and 2) it's more of a niche 'hard core gamer' console in Japan, where other Arcade titles have been released or will be soon (Senko, Idolm@ster, Shiki III, not to mention Triggerheart and Ikaruga for XBLA). Also, a higher percentage of 360 owners in Japan will care about a Raiden Fighters game, compared to the percentage of PS3 owners who would. Well, probably. :wink:
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

Like they totally got paid for doing it.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
bsidwell

Post by bsidwell »

icycalm wrote:And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles.
Yes, this is a perfectly viable option for everybody.
jpj

Post by jpj »

microsoft know full well they need to get japanese developed games, aimed at a japanese audience, on their console. like mistwalker studios, etc.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

EOJ wrote:
professor ganson wrote:360 is an odd choice.
I think they're using the 360 because 1)It's easier to program for, and 2) it's more of a niche 'hard core gamer' console in Japan, where other Arcade titles have been released or will be soon (Senko, Idolm@ster, Shiki III, not to mention Triggerheart and Ikaruga for XBLA). Also, a higher percentage of 360 owners in Japan will care about a Raiden Fighters game, compared to the percentage of PS3 owners who would. Well, probably. :wink:
Interesting. That makes sense. Here in the US I think of XBox as all too mainstream; the PS3 seems to be for the hardcore.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Necronom wrote:Since MS starts selling Xbox 1 classics like Halo...
LOL
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

icycalm wrote:And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles.
This just sounds like you're bragging in a very successful attempt at being an asshole.

If this came stateside, it'd be the final straw in my wanting a 360. I'd definitely end up buying one.
StoofooEsq

Post by StoofooEsq »

I'd rather see this released for PS2, but I'll just keep quiet, be thankful that Raiden Fighters Evolution somehow returned from the void, and hope for a US release.
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

Arvandor wrote:
This just sounds like you're bragging in a very successful attempt at being an asshole.
I understand that's how a retard would see it.

It was a tongue-in-cheek response to some fangirl saying that "the Wii is a better console than the 360". I can't stand fangirls.
Necronom wrote:Good for you. Want a cookie? Btw, how much's the Limo? :wink:
And yes I want cookies. Hash cookies. Tons of them. In the Limo. And I want Swedish twins feeding them to me.
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

And what about Raiden IV for the 360?

Anyone remembers?

Great news, but I'm not buy a 360 for the collection.
nem

Post by nem »

icycalm wrote:And yes I want cookies. Hash cookies. Tons of them. In the Limo. And I want Swedish twins feeding them to me.

Grand time, I'm sure.
Milkgoat

Post by Milkgoat »

I wouldn't be surprised if UFO published the game in the US.

BTW, are there any methods to play japanese games on a US 360 yet?