Wal-Mart is beautifully retarded

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

circuitface wrote: Listen, if you've got 350 dollars to blow on video games at any given moment then you need to start donating to small time developers so that we can get rid of this Halo crap and start selling real games again like back in the genesis days.
Ah, but then you're forgetting the power of your own trade-in system. Gamestop was running a special where you could trade in things toward a PSP and get an extra 20% more than what they'd normally pay. I got $96 for a DS I only paid $60 for, plus a ton of money for a pile of old dvd's. I ended up getting a PSP and two games for less than forty dollars cash.

But I feel your pain. I did the assistant manager thing at Gamestop for about six months and finally had to just walk out the door in frustration. It's hard to work for a giant corporation that controls your favorite passtime but that you know could give less of a shit about it if the profits weren't so juicy. Trying to get people to reserve shit like Gran Turismo 4 and Madden 06 just stabs me in the heart.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
JBC

Post by JBC »

I do like our trade-in system, 8 1/2 - even if it is an idea spawned out of greed a lot of good comes from it. Not only do older, underappreciated games get a second chance to find someone who likes the series, but also this will make an old, underappreciated series gain more fans.

Plus people can get games for cheap cheap - especially if they have a discount card. The discount card takes off 10% of whatever preowned game you buy. So if someone traded in a brand new good game like Tekken 5 that they just didn't like then some kid could come along and pick up that game for 10-15 dollars less and become a Tekken fan for life.

I sure don't mean to accuse all PSP owners of being selfish or fat - but most of my customers are rich fucks (I work in Scottsdale, Az - the richest area around Phoenix) and i guess you'd have to see these people to believe it. They swipe that credit card before i've even scanned the product theyre buying more than 50% of the time. Just ready to spend that money! So what i'm saying is - they could do something more useful with a hundred bucks than feed Electronics Boutique and Sony's fat asses - and instead wait a few months for a price drop. Or they could pay my rent! lol.