R-Type Delta on PSN Store

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Re: R-Type Delta on PSN Store

Post by ROBOTRON »

cody wrote:Dunno if this has been brought up already (r-types has been on there a while), but Delta is now also available for puchase on the JPN playstation network store. 600 yen, not too shabby.

wirecard.com seems to work for payment to get around the issue of having a credit card witha japanese billing address; I was able to purchase r-types successfully and am playing it now, no problems with region issues on a US ps3
Sux because I don't see it in our PSN store.
Fight Like A Robot!
MadScientist

Post by MadScientist »

Holy crap! R-Type Delta is now on the US store!
You cannot stop me with Paramecium alone!
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Of course...the same day Crush arrives in the mail.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

I wonder how this looks on a HDTV. Looks like I'm going to have to update my PS3.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Delta gets released in the US PS3 market... two years after the JPN one?

Boy, am I glad I'm playing my original Delta on the PSP after ripping and converting.

Suck Fony!
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

professor ganson wrote:I wonder how this looks on a HDTV. Looks like I'm going to have to update my PS3.
If you do update your PS3 to the latest USA region firmware, it'll be at version 2.70. When the very first USA region PS3 consoles appeared for sale on retailers' shelves back in November & December of 2006, they came shipped with version 1.10 firmware. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
gunm

Post by gunm »

Yeah, I'm really amazed that it took years for the game to get a western release. I dunno whether to be upset that it took this long, or happy we even got it in the West at all.