Brexit: Leave wins!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Brexit vote: should the UK leave the EU or not?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:39 am

Help Bonus! Is BDSM good?
No votes
Help Bonus! Is BDSM bad?
No votes

Total votes: 0

HenAi

Re: Brexit: Leave wins!

Post by HenAi »

Skykid wrote:Second referendum petition reaching 3 million. So much traffic it broke the government site, lol.

I've already signed it as a favour to my fellow citizens in a bid to help them with their ineptness and to get over the shame of ill-educated impulses. If you want to help, the link is here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... anipulated
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Bonus! wrote:Sure, let's hold referenda until the desired outcome is achieved, at which point no additional referenda shall be held. Are you serious?
This is probably what's going to happen anyway. Anyone who thinks that is a physical possibility Britain is going to actually file for leaving in the next 5 years when their kings don't want it to happen and this thing is nonbinding is kidding themselves.

Simple majority (50.00000000000001%) deciding the outcome of large issues is probably a bit of a disaster, and the two sides eternally see-saw back and forth based on how turnout falls any given Sunday by random chance. A crazy schrodinger's situation where the cat is killed repeatedly and then brought to life only to be killed again. 60% is a better threshold for a true, clear consensus on matters that can't be flip-flopped repeatedly on.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Would you make the same claim if REMAIN had won? Besides, the rules were clear from the beginning. It's probably a consequence of "safe space" culture that people think any kind of rules are null if they don't please them. But, hey, just keep signing that petition with a few more fake email addresses. Seriously, lefties...
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Consensus as I understand it befits everybody (whereas nobody's happy with a compromise). I'll ask this again - where's any project alternative to EU? Any plan "how else".
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Bonus! wrote:Would you make the same claim if REMAIN had won? Besides, the rules were clear from the beginning. It's probably a consequence of "safe space" culture that people think any kind of rules are null if they don't please them. But, hey, just keep signing that petition with a few more fake email addresses. Seriously, lefties...
The percentage of people who even know what "safe space" means is tiny. It's a term for feminist activists and keyboard warriors like you, seriously.

Once again, remain was backed mostly by moderates of the left and right. There were a great many leftwing leave voters too. Stop talking rubbish.

I'm on the fence about the petition, I don't think it'll work. It was started by a Leaver tho, when it seemed Remain would win. :wink:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

I love the conservatives in this thread talking about this like it's a victory. I love it because of the huge number of people who went googling to find out what the EU is after they voted to leave. I love it because this means that the result of the referendum was a direct result of unfathomable stupidity. This referendum is evidence that conservatism is aligned with and conforms to stupidity itself. The exposure of this fact is a victory in the mind of the conservative. And it's amazing.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:Consensus as I understand it befits everybody (whereas nobody's happy with a compromise). I'll ask this again - where's any project alternative to EU? Any plan "how else".
Lefties want consensus as long as it happens to agree with their position.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Giest118 wrote:I love the conservatives in this thread talking about this like it's a victory. I love it because of the huge number of people who went googling to find out what the EU is after they voted to leave. I love it because this means that the result of the referendum was a direct result of unfathomable stupidity. This referendum is evidence that conservatism is aligned with and conforms to stupidity itself. The exposure of this fact is a victory in the mind of the conservative. And it's amazing.
Calling people who don't share your opinion "stupid" without having any arguments yourself won't do you any favor.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Giest118 wrote:I love the conservatives in this thread talking about this like it's a victory. I love it because of the huge number of people who went googling to find out what the EU is after they voted to leave. I love it because this means that the result of the referendum was a direct result of unfathomable stupidity. This referendum is evidence that conservatism is aligned with and conforms to stupidity itself. The exposure of this fact is a victory in the mind of the conservative. And it's amazing.
^about that. https://medium.com/@dannypage/stop-usin ... .z0c2wppn1

What's happened though?? Liberals fucking over the working class in favour of big business, big government and other EU privileges and conservatives defending them?

Truly Topsy Turvy Times.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Bonus! wrote:Would you make the same claim if REMAIN had won?
Probably? Doing nothing out of the ordinary (ie, a Remain vote) is the default and is the decision in the event of a failure to support a specific action. Saying you should need an extra majority to enact Leave does not mean the same is true for Remain, because doing nothing differently is the default. It's skewed on the Remain side, so I imagine he'd still say it.

And I absolutely would expect that a 48/52 loss for Brexit would have seen the Leave camp promise to resurrect the issue as soon as politically possible. See Scotland. When Article 50 is enacted, there will be people trying to lay the groundwork to rejoin. The issue won't really die until it's either impossible for people to change their mind or one side loses enough support that it doesn't make any sense for them to soldier on.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Bonus! wrote:Calling people who don't share your opinion "stupid" without having any arguments yourself won't do you any favor.
I didn't actually call anyone stupid. I observed that conservatism thrives in an environment of stupidity, and conservatives adore this fact and are smug about it. Lrn2read, Mr. Righty.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

...except that there won't be a second referendum. To quote Cameron on that matter, "it will be a referendum not a neverendum".

I presume you realize that your position falls apart in an extreme case, let's say that there is a constantly flipping 49/51 outcome. That's why votes are a one and done matter.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

i don't think there will be a second referendum, however I also don't think Britain will leave the eu.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Bonus! wrote:Would you make the same claim if REMAIN had won?
Yes, because maybe uniting a shitload of countries under bank slavery isn't in their best interests.
let's say that there is a constantly flipping 49/51 outcome. That's why votes are a one and done matter.
Good thing we still have slavery then, because we can never vote on a matter ever again until the sun burns out!

(seriously, the 13th amendment of the united states still permits slavery. Yayyyyyyyyy)
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Bonus! wrote:
Calling people who don't share your opinion "stupid" without having any arguments yourself won't do you any favor.
Bonus! isn't stupid - he's simply an extremist who basically dislikes any immigrants as they are 'useless' and 'do not contribute anything'. He isn't racist as Muslims do not have a fixed race but he is prejudice and apart from that he lives with his Mum who feeds him with ONLY swedish Milk - for Swedish people - of course!

Reminds me of this 'sausage fingers, carpet mover':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bscEAtBs8w

He also has plenty of time to waste talking bollocks, spewing hate and generally acting like a codpiece on this Thread but there you go - I bet he's a happy, content, little soldier who has loads and loads of sex with lots of sexy ladies or maybe he sits in his bedroom venting his hate to all who challenge him on the 'Shmups Forum' because he cannot get laid.

Cheerio now!
More Bromances = safer people
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Things are starting to go off the rails here, the mods are watching - keep it civil.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Giest118 wrote:
Bonus! wrote:Calling people who don't share your opinion "stupid" without having any arguments yourself won't do you any favor.
I didn't actually call anyone stupid. I observed that conservatism thrives in an environment of stupidity, and conservatives adore this fact and are smug about it. Lrn2read, Mr. Righty.
The Leave vote was sustained (if not won) by carrying Labour's heartland - the very place that was supposed to tow the party line. It would be pretty pig-headed to think this vote was ever a Lefty-Righty/Inny-Outy split.

Increasing dissatisfaction, if not hostility towards the old-style [neo]liberal internationalism is starting to transcend traditional party affiliations - though they were all different reasons, Farage, Corbyn, and Boris are fairly united in their Euroscepticism - except for Corbyn's half-hearted "I spent decades not liking the EU but I'll sorta support it this time" stance (that apparently convinced no one, not even himself).
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Bonus! wrote:Sure, let's hold referenda until the desired outcome is achieved, at which point no additional referenda shall be held. Are you serious?
How naive are you?

And you're being disingenuous: The comment was about having another vote to capture more of the population, not less, which would surely be more representative.

And that, in fact, is why many voting systems have multiple ballots for consensus reasons. The turnout was exceptional by the standards of most Western countries, sure, but there were serious flaws all the same. If a corporate board can have multiple balloting to reach consensus, surely Cameron was wrong to insist that 50% + 1 (either way) was acceptable for a question as momentous as this. Perhaps it's hindsight, but multiple balloting to reach a higher consensus could have been preferable.

Yeah, I'm totally serious - the whole point of democracy is that it's supposed to be the best method not just for venting public emotions, but that it gets the right policy in the end. Direct democracy, or single-vote democracy, may have their places, and then there are times when you need to keep people away from the trigger. On that note, I don't feel that the Brexit voters were totally in the wrong or anything - it was an attractive-seeming carrot being dangled in front of the noses of a mostly ignorant country by a Prime Minister who also had no idea what he'd do or what would happen when Plan A failed.

Basically, it sounds to me like the Brexit Leave campaigners have gotten the dose of reality but still hold out hope that it's all just a big conspiracy of spoilation. There certainly were good things in the Leave campaign but we can't ignore that this was hardly a fine example of democracy at work.

However there is one thing about this vote that I will concede, and maybe it's the most important thing: This has put politicians and policies everywhere under the spotlight.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Minty,
not all immigrants are useless for society, but some certainly are. Congratulations on making it all the way to the "virgin basement dweller" argument. People like you really shouldn't act surprised that nobody takes them seriously.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Bonus! wrote:Minty,
not all immigrants are useless for society, but some certainly are. Congratulations on making it all the way to the "virgin basement dweller" argument. People like you really shouldn't act surprised that nobody takes them seriously.
And not all Swedish people are useless to society, but some certainly are - what's you argument? I have seen only anti sentiment towards immigrants from you and I have seen only negative remarks about Muslims from you and let's not forget your ill feelings towards Germany and the UK - there is a common theme here.

Surprised more over that people such as you make it into adulthood having lived in a tea cup all the while.

And come on, there's no way you get laid often enough - be honest now ;)
More Bromances = safer people
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Minty,

foreign-born residents of Sweden and second-gerneration immigrants have a very low participation in the labor force. Consequently, they are dramatically overrepresented among welfare recipients. That group of people is also leading league tables in terms of crimes committed, incarcerations and so on. Of course, someone who is unable to think in anything but absolutes is not able to acknowledge this reality because as long as there is "one good muslim", they are all good.

Oh, and for those who were jizzing their pants because of those three million signatures for a petition for a second referendum: Sorry, dudes, it was all fake:
https://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-brexit- ... t-as-real/
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Yes, the problems with the petition were (aside from being blindingly easy to predict) pointed out at the top of this page, complete with a news article that didn't breathlessly take anonymous posts from 4chan trolls as its main source.

Given that it's been circulating heavily through social media (and among my British friends) it's probably not correct to say the petition is "all fake." It's just a high-profile target with zero real controls and that would limit its credibility even if it weren't absolutely known to be fucked with.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Bonus! wrote: Oh, and for those who were jizzing their pants because of those three million signatures for a petition for a second referendum: Sorry, dudes, it was all fake:
https://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-brexit- ... t-as-real/
I actually lol'd. Sometimes I really love the internet. :lol:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Xyga

Post by Xyga »

foreign-born residents of Sweden and second-gerneration immigrants have a very low participation in the labor force. Consequently, they are dramatically overrepresented among welfare recipients. That group of people is also leading league tables in terms of crimes committed, incarcerations and so on. Of course, someone who is unable to think in anything but absolutes is not able to acknowledge this reality because as long as there is "one good muslim", they are all good.
And for far-right people like you who will only ever see muslims as a solid block of about 1.6 billion fanatic murderers, or zombie army, triffids, body snatchers, commies or whatever makes the aryan housewive scream in horror - oh yeah wait, once in a while you nutso's drop a little 'well they're not all bad' which in the balance must account for about 1% of your daily speech - of course anyone who doesn't agree with your feverish 5-years-old-level simplistic reasoning, anyone is a SJW commie who suck ISIS dicks. Just another absurd exaggeration and proof of your own extreme ignorance and fanaticism.

People would explain to you that they're definitely not an homogenous group, ridiculously far from it actually, and that the migrants have nothing to do with the terror attacks as far as we've actually seen, that most of them have been through a fucking hell you apparently can't even start to comprenhend, nor that it's normal for non-sociopaths to feel empathy for other human beings (or will you vomit some randian rethoric now ? that would be the best) nor would you even begin to suspect that there are deep rooted reason to why long-time alienated minorities in your homeland or mine have higher crime rates, nor why some of their young minds one day end up resonating with those of actual terrorist groups thousands of miles away ? You would'nt either for a second suspect it's odd that all those refugees suddenly started flowing from many, many Eurasian and African countries and not just Syria - all at once - while we were in the middle of a proxy war with countries seeking dearly to destabilize the European political powers using the weapon of xenophobic panic reaction ? Yes of course! little smugglers suddenly have the communication and logistics to synchronize a huge 2+ million human migration, yeeeees...

Of course the 'lefties' are idiots, they can't think like you do: 'terror = muslims = migrants = fuck the EU period', they can't flood forums and comments areas every damn day, madly spamming 'the muslims are here to destroy us! (not one, not just the fanatics and terrorists, 'the muslims': all of them; those are your words far-right people) etc etc then completely explode in rage and contempt the second someone say that's actually racist, when that's fucking obviously immensely ridiculously totally racist.

Since vomiting on mulsims daily, like the nazis did on the jews, or commies on those who had property, and hypocritically stopping right before calling to genocide muslims worldwide has been the trend for several years now, and the thrill of it is apparently producing enough addicts to make the old democracies collapse and sink into an upcoming abyss of stupidity soon filled with blood, I consider it's a duty for DECENT HUMAN BEINGS, left or right, christian, jew or muslim, who refuse either the nazi or commie or bigot reasoning, to tell you you're just as much a menace for the future of this world, if not a greater actually considering neither those terrorists nor weak minorities will ever reach to the tiniest speck of power in our countries anyway.

Your fixation and probably equal-to-muslim-hate for people on the left, over-exaggeration and total ignorance of their actual diversity of views and values, is hilariously typical of far-right nuts from sheltered extra-exclusive rich countries of the upper-1st world, the kind who have a photo of Breivik on their smartphone and still say hello to the neighbor with a sunny smile.
The reality is that you are a racist, a fucking lot of people are racist, they're trying to make all possible excuses and quote as many real and fake figures and facts to make their hate seem rational in public (also racist speech is a crime in several countries), when they're actually desperately trying to hide their real actrocious feelings.
This is human nature, most of us are stupid and only think with our guts, whether we're westerners, asians, muslim, slav, african, even buddhists can be assholes ffs.
The moment we see and hear people very diferent from us we freak out, approximately half the people I talk to every day, not just the French since there are people from all over Europe where I live, refrain from shouting 'kill all muslims!' it's fucking written on their faces. Smile, your way of thinking is winning again.
People buy the far-right diarrhea because it's easy and give them the perfect scapegoats to vent their anger on, obvious visible minority who failed integration but were never wanted anyway and are unable to defend themselves, only crap their pants in fear - which they fucking do but I bet you never ever fucking shared a single sentence with any even remotely middle-eastern or african-looking individual - most people who vote far-right live where minorities are the least visible and know the least about them anyway, no surprise.

But the real decent humans, those who wish for humanity to know peace and prosperity, who want our world to have good future, make the extra effort of thinking the extra miles, sometimes many fucking miles, required to not let their guts decide for them.
Humans don't have fangs, they have a big brain, it's only cheese if they don't use it though, and the growing crowds of people similar to you who apparently don't uderstand that, are clouding everyone's horizon.
You just don't know what critical thinking is, you don't doubt, you don't want to learn more, and therefore can't take a global view on reality, you're only reaction.
Not being like you doesn't mean accepting everything, it's being able to think as a civilized person, to not be a blockhead.

Putting aside mine and Minty's flowery exchanges from before, he's just stating flat-out simple and right, what your ideological orientation is. You've made it clear and with regularity.
I said I wouldn't get back into the conversation but you just stepped on my foot with all your crap, but talking about you and people who think like you is actually very relevant since it's all part of the problem, because we can't deny people like that Bonus! weighted significantly in the 'leave' vote.
Can't say exactly how many of course, we'll never know for sure, and probably not all so extreme in their reasoning, but they exist and they are lot in the UK just like everywhere else in the world today, just please anyone; don't play the deaf-blind and deny it, humanity is leaning to that far dark side in so many places not seeing it is like missing an elephant in a tunnel.
Oh you can say I'm exaggerating as much as you want, I see and hear what I fucking see and hear, like I said they hardly hide their feelings and criminal views anymore.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

not all immigrants are useless for society, but some certainly are
As are citizens.
Bonus! wrote: foreign-born residents of Sweden and second-gerneration immigrants have a very low participation in the labor force. Consequently, they are dramatically overrepresented among welfare recipients. That group of people is also leading league tables in terms of crimes committed, incarcerations and so on. Of course, someone who is unable to think in anything but absolutes is not able to acknowledge this reality because as long as there is "one good muslim", they are all good.
Cool -- so we now have the quote to back up your racism.
Last edited by GaijinPunch on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalSin wrote:New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Dude,

some of the people I work with are, incidentally, very well integrated and competent muslims, and I have absolutely no problem with them (and vice versa). This is utterly irrelevant, though. What matters is that there is no denying that large scale muslim integration is a problem for Western society. Muslims clearly are a bigger problem than people from any other culture or religion. How many hundreds of "infidels" had to die in this year's Ramadan so far? What's the score for Buddhists? As has been stated by many others, the fact that the majority of muslims is not militant does not matter. How many percent of Germans were nazis during Hitler's rule? Between 5 and 10. How many percent of muslims are militant or support militant Islam? Figures commonly thrown around are in the 10 to 15% range, even though you can easily find reputable surveys stating much higher percentages.

The problem with people like you is that your ideology blinds you. If you live in a Western country, it takes quite some delusion to not realize that shit is starting to pile up really high.

Now let me quickly deal with some of the utter bullshit you spew:
1) Yes, there is a connection between Islamist terrorism and the refugee crisis. You must not have been paying attention. Read up on the massacre in France last autumn and how those faithful Islamists managed to get into Europe.
2) Quite a few of the illegal migrants don't even come from war zones.
3) Oh, sure, it is very easy to feel empathy for a group of people that has committed tens of thousands of crimes. NYE in Cologne was just one highlight. There is a bona fide wave of crime. Here is a nice map, and before you claim that this is fabricated: there are fucking links to official sources, like police reports:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... SFMIBQKXCs
4) There have been wars going on in the Middle East for years. Only after Merkel literally invited them in did things start to go really downhill.
5) Oh, criticizing jews makes me a nazi. GTFO.
6) I used to live in Berlin-Kreuzberg; I also explored plenty of Neukoelln, but those were just a few of the attempts to escape from my awfully sheltered existence and experience real life.
7) If you don't want the "far right" to win, then come up with some fucking arguments for a change instead of insulting people who don't agree with you. As it stands, the leftist mainstream has shown to be delusional. Just a few recent examples: the Euro is not stable, the European Union will not sustain, large scale assimilation is not possible, and, most importantly, people are different. There are differences in IQ, work ethic, education and so on and so forth. When I read mainstream sources, I wonder who those people think they are kidding.
8.) I used to defend leftist ideals, due to indoctrination in education. Eventually, I realized that it's all nonsense. Let me tell you the same thing I told Minty: I am reasonably sure that I have seen a lot more of the world than you. Furthermore, I have met a lot of people of all walks of life, and from many different cultures.
9) Me, and "criminal views"? Seriously, you seem to be spending an awful lot of time in "safe spaces". You, my friend, are part of the sheeple, unable to question much, if anything.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

GaijinPunch wrote: Cool -- so we now have the quote to back up your racism.
Sure, if stating facts makes me a racist then so be it. But what is the appropriate term for people who would make such a hasty conclusion?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

You are high, completely lost in your fantasy world of bullshit and hypocrisy.

Not that I though for a second anything I'd say would help putting an atom of sense in your sick mind though.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

The most productive part of any debate is when someone claims that Islam has some harmful ideas, and people who are skeptical of this claim shout about racist sociopathic evil and shit.

The second most productive part of any debate is when someone expresses an idea that involves altruism and is called a leftist bleeding-heart cuckfag jew safe space feminazi.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Xyga wrote:

And for far-right people like you who will only ever see muslims as a solid block of about 1.6 billion fanatic murderers, or zombie army, triffids, body snatchers, commies or whatever makes the aryan housewive scream in horror - oh yeah wait, once in a while you nutso's drop a little 'well they're not all bad' which in the balance must account for about 1% of your daily speech - of course anyone who doesn't agree with your feverish 5-years-old-level simplistic reasoning, anyone is a SJW commie who suck ISIS dicks. Just another absurd exaggeration and proof of your own extreme ignorance and fanaticism.

People would explain to you that they're definitely not an homogenous group, ridiculously far from it actually, and that the migrants have nothing to do with the terror attacks as far as we've actually seen, that most of them have been through a fucking hell you apparently can't even start to comprenhend, nor that it's normal for non-sociopaths to feel empathy for other human beings (or will you vomit some randian rethoric now ? that would be the best) nor would you even begin to suspect that there are deep rooted reason to why long-time alienated minorities in your homeland or mine have higher crime rates, nor why some of their young minds one day end up resonating with those of actual terrorist groups thousands of miles away ? You would'nt either for a second suspect it's odd that all those refugees suddenly started flowing from many, many Eurasian and African countries and not just Syria - all at once - while we were in the middle of a proxy war with countries seeking dearly to destabilize the European political powers using the weapon of xenophobic panic reaction ? Yes of course! little smugglers suddenly have the communication and logistics to synchronize a huge 2+ million human migration, yeeeees...

Of course the 'lefties' are idiots, they can't think like you do: 'terror = muslims = migrants = fuck the EU period', they can't flood forums and comments areas every damn day, madly spamming 'the muslims are here to destroy us! (not one, not just the fanatics and terrorists, 'the muslims': all of them; those are your words far-right people) etc etc then completely explode in rage and contempt the second someone say that's actually racist, when that's fucking obviously immensely ridiculously totally racist.

Since vomiting on mulsims daily, like the nazis did on the jews, or commies on those who had property, and hypocritically stopping right before calling to genocide muslims worldwide has been the trend for several years now, and the thrill of it is apparently producing enough addicts to make the old democracies collapse and sink into an upcoming abyss of stupidity soon filled with blood, I consider it's a duty for DECENT HUMAN BEINGS, left or right, christian, jew or muslim, who refuse either the nazi or commie or bigot reasoning, to tell you you're just as much a menace for the future of this world, if not a greater actually considering neither those terrorists nor weak minorities will ever reach to the tiniest speck of power in our countries anyway.

Your fixation and probably equal-to-muslim-hate for people on the left, over-exaggeration and total ignorance of their actual diversity of views and values, is hilariously typical of far-right nuts from sheltered extra-exclusive rich countries of the upper-1st world, the kind who have a photo of Breivik on their smartphone and still say hello to the neighbor with a sunny smile.
The reality is that you are a racist, a fucking lot of people are racist, they're trying to make all possible excuses and quote as many real and fake figures and facts to make their hate seem rational in public (also racist speech is a crime in several countries), when they're actually desperately trying to hide their real actrocious feelings.
This is human nature, most of us are stupid and only think with our guts, whether we're westerners, asians, muslim, slav, african, even buddhists can be assholes ffs.
The moment we see and hear people very diferent from us we freak out, approximately half the people I talk to every day, not just the French since there are people from all over Europe where I live, refrain from shouting 'kill all muslims!' it's fucking written on their faces. Smile, your way of thinking is winning again.
People buy the far-right diarrhea because it's easy and give them the perfect scapegoats to vent their anger on, obvious visible minority who failed integration but were never wanted anyway and are unable to defend themselves, only crap their pants in fear - which they fucking do but I bet you never ever fucking shared a single sentence with any even remotely middle-eastern or african-looking individual - most people who vote far-right live where minorities are the least visible and know the least about them anyway, no surprise.

But the real decent humans, those who wish for humanity to know peace and prosperity, who want our world to have good future, make the extra effort of thinking the extra miles, sometimes many fucking miles, required to not let their guts decide for them.
Humans don't have fangs, they have a big brain, it's only cheese if they don't use it though, and the growing crowds of people similar to you who apparently don't uderstand that, are clouding everyone's horizon.
You just don't know what critical thinking is, you don't doubt, you don't want to learn more, and therefore can't take a global view on reality, you're only reaction.
Not being like you doesn't mean accepting everything, it's being able to think as a civilized person, to not be a blockhead.

Putting aside mine and Minty's flowery exchanges from before, he's just stating flat-out simple and right, what your ideological orientation is. You've made it clear and with regularity.
I said I wouldn't get back into the conversation but you just stepped on my foot with all your crap, but talking about you and people who think like you is actually very relevant since it's all part of the problem, because we can't deny people like that Bonus! weighted significantly in the 'leave' vote.
Can't say exactly how many of course, we'll never know for sure, and probably not all so extreme in their reasoning, but they exist and they are lot in the UK just like everywhere else in the world today, just please anyone; don't play the deaf-blind and deny it, humanity is leaning to that far dark side in so many places not seeing it is like missing an elephant in a tunnel.
Oh you can say I'm exaggerating as much as you want, I see and hear what I fucking see and hear, like I said they hardly hide their feelings and criminal views anymore.
Without commenting on the argument therein; what a wonderful post. This is the reason this forum is so interesting to gestate in.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die