DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Necronom

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by Necronom »

Hopefully the folks releasing this will do a little research before putting it out there. Because frankly, I don't know how many people are going to clambering for a $50 digital shmup unless there are some absolutely stellar extras included in that price (which is doubtful)
30 would be pushing it but 50 would definitely leave it dead in the water...A demo on PS4 wouldn't hurt too.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

http://darius.jp/dbcs/mode/

Websites updated. Seems to be full AC EX plus the new CS mode is included!
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

Heck, I was wondering when would they update that goddamn website.
Image Image Image Image
bulbousbeard

Post by bulbousbeard »

Really conflicted on this game. On the one hand, it's miraculous that Taito is releasing a multi-monitor arcade shooter on the PC. On the other hand, the game's textures look straight out of a Dreamcast game.

Does anyone else find it really disturbing that modern arcade games basically look like Wii generation shovelware? In my mind, arcades are supposed to be high end, not cheap looking crap.
GSK

Post by GSK »

rtw wrote:Did anyone manage to capture the Zuntata Night 8 stream ?
It doesn't appear to be archived but I watched it while it was live... here's what I remember:

The new CS mode runs at 16:9 and has a story/mission structure where you choose stages from a grid-based map, complete with story dumps via text; it reminded me of similar modes from Soul Calibur. I think there's an element of loadouts/customisation, where you can spend points to start with stocked powerups or something?

The CS Mode level they showed off was a time-attack thing with a bit of Halley's Comet mixed in: enemies come in waves and you have to speed-kill them without letting them pass off the left side of the screen; there's a health gauge that goes down when enemies go off-screen, and you get time bonuses after each wave. I think there was a boss but I can't remember anymore.

They also talked about the new bosses and showed a new crab boss, as well as a new player ship ("Murakumo"?) which had very Garegga-ish options. They played some 1p and 4p AC/EX modes and they looked more-or-less the same as the arcade version to me (not that I've spent much time with it) and they ran at the arcade ratio with letterboxing.

They also played snippets of several tracks from the arrange OST: a Rayforce track by Michiru Yamane, a Night Striker trak by sanodg, a Metal Black track by Yack and a Space Harrier track by Hiro.

bulbousbeard wrote:Really conflicted on this game. On the one hand, it's miraculous that Taito is releasing a multi-monitor arcade shooter on the PC. On the other hand, the game's textures look straight out of a Dreamcast game.

Does anyone else find it really disturbing that modern arcade games basically look like Wii generation shovelware? In my mind, arcades are supposed to be high end, not cheap looking crap.
Well, DBAC/CS is based on a PSP game and I believe it's running on the X2 board so there's not much that can be done about it. I'm sure most of their budget went into producing the huge cabinets.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Thanks for the heads up GSK :mrgreen:
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Is it coming to the US on November 30?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

bulbousbeard wrote:Really conflicted on this game. On the one hand, it's miraculous that Taito is releasing a multi-monitor arcade shooter on the PC. On the other hand, the game's textures look straight out of a Dreamcast game.

Before 1998 maybe... since then forget about it. There's no way moving this looks like cheap crap...

Enjoy it for what it is, or it's not for you. Personally despite some contemporary technical short comings I still rather like the artistic direction of the game - it's bold, it's kind of a game from yester-year ... and that's about as arcade as it gets... It'd be nice to get a hd bells and whistles option, but just pleased this is getting any release - some chunky graphics are far from a deal breaker.

Now it'd have been even nicer if they had picked up a more Darius Gaiden vibe with this game from the outset imho, but there we go - it's nice to want.
parallaxscroll2

Post by parallaxscroll2 »

I'm actually kinda stoked about playing a modern Darius game (even if not really new, or technically astounding) on PS4.
I also have the original PS VITA model with its OLED screen.

Assuming these will be separate releases & downloads for PS4 and Vita, correct?
It'll be interesting to see how the PS4 version looks on VITA with Remote Play.

I'd love to have a setup that takes full advantage of the PC version, but I won't anytime soon.

On another Darius-related subject, I was surprised to learn that the Saturn port Darius II was released in Europe. I had thought it was Japan-only.

Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

Only two weeks left.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

Us, Eu prices out?
parallaxscroll2

can't find any word on prices.

newest article using google news search / dariusburst

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/17/da ... mber-30th/
Degica has is publishing arcade shoot-‘em-up Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours outside of Japan and it has release dates. The game will be out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on November 30th. Steam players on Windows will be able to grab it on December 3rd.

It’ll have cross-save across the PlayStation platforms and they’ll also share Trophies and online leaderboards. The differences begin with the four-player local co-op multiplayer as only the PS4 and Steam version will support this.
The PS4 version also comes with Darius Odyssey, a digital art book (only available with Japanese text), and will also see your DualShock 4 controller light up with the ship’s colors.

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours is said to have hundreds of stages in its story mode, over 3000 unlockable stages in AC Chronicle mode, nine playable ships with “gameplay-changing” Burst modes, and over 40 enormous robotic sea monsters to take down.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

gray117 wrote:

Before 1998 maybe... since then forget about it. There's no way moving this looks like cheap crap...

Enjoy it for what it is, or it's not for you. Personally despite some contemporary technical short comings I still rather like the artistic direction of the game - it's bold, it's kind of a game from yester-year ... and that's about as arcade as it gets... It'd be nice to get a hd bells and whistles option, but just pleased this is getting any release - some chunky graphics are far from a deal breaker.

Now it'd have been even nicer if they had picked up a more Darius Gaiden vibe with this game from the outset imho, but there we go - it's nice to want.
Compared to Darius Gaiden/G-Darius, the backgrounds of Dariusburst aren't as colorful and exciting, looking rather generic. No surreal backgrounds like Darius Gaiden or depressing ruined cityscapes when fighting bosses, just space. Aside from Great Thing and maybe Mirage Castle, the boss introductions are also rather underwhelming compared to Golden Ogre, and pretty much every boss from G-Darius.
I don't really care much for super HD explosions and such, but it'd be nice if Pyramid put more effort into making the backgrounds look special and make the bosses feel more imposing.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Durandal wrote:Aside from Great Thing and maybe Mirage Castle, the boss introductions are also rather underwhelming compared to Golden Ogre, and pretty much every boss from G-Darius.
What the fuck. The boss introductions are incredible. It does help if you're sitting under the hood of the cab with warning lights flashing, the speakers blaring, and the seat rumbling - but still.
be nice if Pyramid put more effort into making the backgrounds look special and make the bosses feel more imposing.
Wait until you go toe to toe with one of them, especially in its full aspect ratio. Imposing is definitely the word.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

I like a rumbling seat.

"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
R2-2D

Post by R2-2D »

Japanese price for pc en Ps4 : 6800Y :?
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

PS4 and Vita double dippers beware -- the cross save feature is region locked so you will need to match regions to use this feature.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

R2-2D wrote:Japanese price for pc en Ps4 : 6800Y :?
55 dollars?
I get that Chronicle Saviours has 3000 stages, but holy hell.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Observer

Post by Observer »

It's a shame they didn't allow them to put a pre-order and that they didn't take time to port Gaiden+I+II as pre-order incentives/Darius bundle or something... That way at least the asking price sounds more acceptable for a digital-only release. If those prices are for retail, fine I guess? (Although would PC have a retail release in Japan? Must be an extremely limited print run.)
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Cross save between Vita and PS4, but what about cross-buy!?

Considering the PS Store is updated every tuesday, I bet the game will be released the 1st december

If they price the game in the 50~60€ range also in western territories, they will crash hard. Even more considering there isn't cross buy
Working in the japanese language achievement
parallaxscroll2

Assuming no cross buy, there would still have to be Remote Play of the PS4 version on Vita.
Sly Cherry Chunks

From the website:
Download content is enriched, too!

3 content from the famous shooting of TAITO, and delivery schedule in the DLC 3 content from the famous shooting of SEGA! ?
DLC then?
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

So hyped for this. Just wish it came out just a day or two earlier; as it is it launches the day after my break ends :(

Any word on a localized physical vita release?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

All 3 versions are being localized, and are coming out before the JP releases lol.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I'm talking about the physical retail vita release; doesn't seem to be on Amazon for pre-order...
Sly Cherry Chunks

cave hermit wrote:So hyped for this. Just wish it came out just a day or two earlier; as it is it launches the day after my break ends :(

Any word on a localized physical vita release?
My parental leave starts just in time for this 8)
parallaxscroll2

Vita physical release box art, Japan-only:

boagman

Post by boagman »

parallaxscroll2 wrote:Vita physical release box art, Japan-only:

Pretty! Can't wait for mine to show up!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

VitaTV is confirmed to play the Vita version. The Vita (and PS4?) versions are confirmed to run the arcade version in the proper aspect, I'm assuming it'll be letterboxed.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I don't really like the colors for that background, but that boss looks pretty fucking badass.
Xyga wrote: