Shmupmame 4.2: Lagless Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, Galaga 88

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zetzumarshen

Re: Shmupmame v2.0, new drivers and Fire Barrel "working"

Post by Zetzumarshen »

Is the idea gathering session still open?

If yes, then I suggest a keyboard shortcut for record input.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Zetzumarshen wrote:Is the idea gathering session still open?

If yes, then I suggest a keyboard shortcut for record input.
Stupid question from me here, but what's wrong with clicking on the Play and Record Input function?
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

Faster restarts. I am a compulsive restarters :oops: even a 5 seconds cut from clicking Play and Record would be great and appreciated, especially if the numbers of restarts is around hundreds or thousands. :oops:
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Having to go back into windows to restart the recording everytime i fuck up and need to restart ingame is main reason i didnt bother recording my runs aswell. Cos when i start a new session i can get into my groove striaght away, other times i need afew restarted before i get into my stride (fucking about with INP recordings would make it much worse)
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Should I be able to run 0.139 roms on this? Or do I need the 0.137 set?
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

<3 for finally including a Gradius.

Would nemesis.c and gradius.c be a bit much to ask for the next version?

I am fortunate enough to have played Gradius II on real hardware, and let me tell you how much better this feels than regular mame, or MamePlus

It's more than a little.

This is the reason I bought my own copy of Gokujyou Parodius right here, and you have solved it.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Zetzumarshen wrote:Faster restarts. I am a compulsive restarters :oops: even a 5 seconds cut from clicking Play and Record would be great and appreciated, especially if the numbers of restarts is around hundreds or thousands. :oops:
I've added a shortcut like that on my own build of MAME a couple days ago and it's a fair bit more convenient yes... the UI could use more shortcuts overall, I think (a shortcut for video recordings comes to mind, say, and I'm sure there are others). It's trivial to do too (it's in src/osd/winui/mameui.rc)... I mean, I could do it :P

(I can't locate the source code for MAMEUIFX 0.137, though, and Shmupmame doesn't compile on more recent versions)
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

I seem to have trouble saving in esprade and other cave shooters. Any idea why I can't save? I can save states in games like progear, but not in dodonpachi, guwange and esprade...
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Savestate support for Cave games was broken in a version of MAME between 0.99 and recent builds, so you need to use Shmupmame 0.99 or to apply this hack and build your own MAME. The Shmupmame diff itself doesn't apply nicely over the latest 0.140 MAME though.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

thanks for the answer.

Well, seems that I have to roll back if I want to do some savestate-training in Esprade and co....

Or I just stick to my momentarily trainings-plan for EspRaDe: Getting to level 4 on 1 credit... If I manage to do that, credit feed the game to the end from there on. :-)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Can someone verify under Advanced tab if the "Effect" function is working properly? I get a "Can't Load PNG file" error, and I tried several different files.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Dave_K. wrote:Can someone verify under Advanced tab if the "Effect" function is working properly? I get a "Can't Load PNG file" error, and I tried several different files.
Works for me if you create a folder called artwork in shmupmamefolder then dump the png files there and load it from there.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

So, what do I need in order to compile a 64-bit version of this? Interestingly enough, I'm not seeing much if any difference in performance between 64-bit MAME Plus! 0.140 and Shmupmame v2.0 (test cases: Gauntlet Dark Legacy and Gradius IV), could well be I've picked the wrong games to test with, but I'll take any last bits of performance I can get.
Clessx

Post by Clessx »

Thanks ! I did not know a build of mame like this existed until now , and cannot wait to try i ! *damn you slow connection *

Just a quick question , does this need hiscore.dat file to save high scores ? If yes , is the procedure same as other builds such as mameplus ? Do I need the new hiscore file or pre 0.133 file ? Does hi score saving for good with strikers II and Esp ra de ?

Thank you
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Any progress on getting the Raizing stuff working properly?(less lag)
austere

Post by austere »

That will require one of us to implement a system like this:

... and I definitely don't feel like it right now. >_>
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Can't seem to kill Fire Barrel's neverending sound loop on my Windows 7 machine... any hints?

EDIT: Now it works... :?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

austere wrote:That will require one of us to implement a system like this:

... and I definitely don't feel like it right now. >_>
Essentially your bomb goes BACK IN TIME D:
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

*arhem* Could anybody link me to a schmupmame 0.99 version puhlease?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Drachenherz wrote:*arhem* Could anybody link me to a schmupmame 0.99 version puhlease?
It's still linked in 2nd post (http://www.mediafire.com/?1i3z5mt0tmd)
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Hi i downloaded an effects file containing theese scanline effects.....
scanlines0x4_j4
scanlines25x4_j4
scanlines50x4_j4
scanlines75Dx4_j4
scanlines75x2_j4
scanlines75x3_j4
scanlines75x4_j4
scanlines_ag
Can any1 pls advise me on which is best (by best i mean closest to the real deal) for vertical shmups? Cave Shumps more specifically.. Thanks
Ixmucane2

Post by Ixmucane2 »

Nick420 wrote:Hi i downloaded an effects file containing theese scanline effects

[....]

Can any1 pls advise me on which is best (by best i mean closest to the real deal) for vertical shmups? Cave Shumps more specifically.. Thanks
It depends on the screen of the cabinet the "real deal" PCB runs inside, which nowadays might even be a LCD.

Just choose a scanline/grille effect that looks nice for you; I guess it will be similar to the pattern of CRTs you've spent a lot of time on.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:*arhem* Could anybody link me to a schmupmame 0.99 version puhlease?
It's still linked in 2nd post (http://www.mediafire.com/?1i3z5mt0tmd)
oops, completely overlooked it. Thanks for the link!
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Ixmucane2 wrote:
Nick420 wrote:Hi i downloaded an effects file containing theese scanline effects

[....]

It depends on the screen of the cabinet the "real deal" PCB runs inside, which nowadays might even be a LCD.

Just choose a scanline/grille effect that looks nice for you; I guess it will be similar to the pattern of CRTs you've spent a lot of time on.
Ok thanks for the reply m8 :-)
farewell

Post by farewell »

Drachenherz wrote:I seem to have trouble saving in esprade and other cave shooters. Any idea why I can't save? I can save states in games like progear, but not in dodonpachi, guwange and esprade...
How do you get ESP Ra.De to work? Mine goes to a weird screen test you can't get out of.
This is the end.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

farewell wrote:
Drachenherz wrote:I seem to have trouble saving in esprade and other cave shooters. Any idea why I can't save? I can save states in games like progear, but not in dodonpachi, guwange and esprade...
How do you get ESP Ra.De to work? Mine goes to a weird screen test you can't get out of.
I don't know, I never had trouble with this game, it worked perfectly from the get go. Could it be that you have a corrupt romset? Have you tried other Versions of MAME?
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Try pressing F2 to turn off the test DIP, then F3 if it doesn't automatically reboot.

Any ideas on the Shmupmame v2 64-bit build project?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Use the .99 version, shmupmame 2.0 is based on an ulterior version of MAME on which they have broken saved states support for Cave games... which makes it quite terrible for playing shmups :p
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Jup, I'll definetely roll back to the previous version. I want to practice some boss fights in EspRaDe... Getting constantly butt-raped by the 3rd boss (the tank in the shopping mall level with yusuke...), and only managed it once (1!) to get to level 4 on one credit... My goal is to constantly reach level 4 on 1 credit until xmas... And for that, I guess I have to practice Boss 3. Because I get there without loosing 1 life, but the boss... Yeah. It sucks.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Drachenherz wrote:Jup, I'll definetely roll back to the previous version. I want to practice some boss fights in EspRaDe... Getting constantly butt-raped by the 3rd boss (the tank in the shopping mall level with yusuke...), and only managed it once (1!) to get to level 4 on one credit... My goal is to constantly reach level 4 on 1 credit until xmas... And for that, I guess I have to practice Boss 3. Because I get there without loosing 1 life, but the boss... Yeah. It sucks.
If you select yusuke with B you'll always get shopping mall as the second stage, makes survival a bit easier I think.