Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label [Arcade/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
PROMETHEUS

Re: Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou ~ Black Label

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Yeah I can't wait to join in again it's really cool to have many skilled competitors. Something tells me the general skill level has been increasing on this board this past few years, no ? We have had a bunch of new pretty high scoring players in DDP last year, and DOJ is getting quite seriously prosecutedt right now, perhaps more than DDP has been for a long time.

I still can't play as the new MAMEs still don't work on my computer in Grenoble, last thing to fix is saved states on DOJ ShmupMAME 3.0, nimitz says it should be fixed in next version, and 2.0 doesn't work at all for me.

Anyway keep going guys ! And come on release replays of your best scores !! High scoring replays are really nice and impressive to watch + solid proof !
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Phoenixma- 80,143,240 - B-E - 1-5 - 1196 Hit

Usually use Shotia or Leinyan due to higher bomb stock. I have gotten to 1-5 once before this with Shotia. Tried Exy and somehow did things a lot better for the most part. Not only did I make it past the first stage 5 midboss, I actually hit the second score extend, something I hadn't done with Shotia. Not much in the way of scoring. My chaining sucks, but then I never liked chaining. The chain was from stocking 5 Hypers for the end of stage 2 popcorn hall. No Miss No Bomb stage 2 boss with Hyper. No Miss No Bomb for the run until stage 3 boss where I died stupidly on the first phase, but I would have died on the second anyway. Also did a Hyper on stage 4 boss which got me some hits on it as well.

I need to learn stage 1-4 and 1-5 if I want any chance to 1cc this thing. Stage 4 destroyed my lives and bomb stock. And of course Stage 5 is pretty hard. Should probably set up some savestates.
FMK

Post by FMK »

FMK - 35,510,080 - A-E - 1-3 - 694

Starting. Can only chain first 5 bees on stage 1. :lol:

Back to HFD replay :oops:
HEY POOR PLAYER!
chempop

Post by chempop »

chempop - 72,558,320 - B-S - 1-All - 1273

I would just like to point out that I have never watched a single replay, nor do I use savestates. This first loop 1CC was done on the 360 version, default settings of course. I'm overjoyed, it was my first time beating that EVIL stage 5!

[edit]. Looking over the pale 1 scoreboard it would seem that no one is ranked with Type-B Shotia! Wow, does hat mean I have the first submission with that configuration?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
BiQ

Post by BiQ »

BiQ - 64,966,190 - A-E - 1-4 - 592
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

ImageImage

Sasupoika - 207,819,850 - A-E - 2-2 - 322 ( 2P )

Holy dicks. I actually made it to the 2-2 midboss. This was awesome. I screwed up on 4th boss and died 2 times.
ImageImage
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Sasupoika - 286,068,440 - A-E - 2-3 - 499 ( 2P )

I'M ON FIRE YO.
ImageImage
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Nice one!
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I'm back into this game cause my graphics card died, bought a new one, and turns out it was the graphics driver of my previous card that was incompatible with shmupmame 2.2. The new card is compatible, so I can practice normally with saved states again !
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

If you want a opinion I would say to you go with WolfMaMe 0141. After Read anything i shmup chat I got sure which WolfMame 0140 is the right and correct choice to play(I even played EspGaluda in 0141). If you want my real thought I felt like a cheater seeing my score there, and any time ago I even thought in ask EOJ to change my score in table, I did not do this because I didn't want cause problems and I can beat my that score in future.
Think carefully about it!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

What do you mean ? I didn't follow the "shmup chat". Is it because "lagless" is considered a cheat now since PCBs aren't lagless ?
Follow me on Twitch??
jpj

Post by jpj »

discuss mame issues in the relevant thread please, i shouldn't have to keep asking
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

jpj wrote:discuss mame issues in the relevant thread please, i shouldn't have to keep asking
Lol jpj I was not trying do a mame discussion here I just gave a advise to PROMETHEUS.

What do you mean ? I didn't follow the "shmup chat". Is it because "lagless" is considered a cheat now since PCBs aren't lagless ?
Here is where is the problem and you put still more clear to me, MaMe emulates the pcb correctly. Lagless hacks mame to give a advantage to player, this advantage will assist the player during all run.
Think now:
- Can I slowdown gp meter in a hacked MaMe version?
- Can I give 5 bomb stock to Exy in a hacked MaMe version?
- can I speed up the bomb style in a hacked MaMe version?
- And If I reduce the rank effect to do the game more playable?
- Meybe invincibility to don't break the chain? LOL

Since now know this features is not in pcb.
Lagless is pretty close to a bootleg.

I am convinced now, I don't like my later score. Please jpj change my score to this did today in Wolfmame 0141 this need be easy to you now since I will stay in same place:
Third_strike - 739,650,470 - A-E - 2-3 - 2634 Hit

PROMETHEUS if you don't agree with me I can discuss about this in other topic.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I don't agree with you Third Strike. Created a topic since it's very slightly off topic, being not specific to DOJ :
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 84#p670684
Follow me on Twitch??
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

S.S - 317,444,990 - B-E - 2-4 - 2234 Hit (replay, recorded with SM 2.2)
No-missed the first 4 stages, then commited a hilariously stupid death in stage 5. Made lots of deadly mistakes in the second loop, but suivived most of them through sheer luck. Then, just when I see a tiny silver of hope of making it to 2-5, I died. :roll:

Really need to practice the loop, especially 2-4...
...But first I shall try at least do some chain in 1-4 and 1-5. 300m in BL is hardly a respectable score.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

So I've spent much of my freetime this week practicing stage 4 and learned how to full chain it, and today made full-run attempts to get a 1-4 full chain in an actual run after sactisfactory 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3, this is the result ! (only four attempts this time !)

ProMeTheus - 617,490,030 - A-E - 2-4 - 2478 Hit

I did break my chain in the middle of 1-3 after the midboss (couldn't find the damn bee lol). Stage 4 went well, only one of the last two bees was not included in the chain (2478 max chain came from this stage). Stage 5 was random, I haven't learned it yet. Nothing special there, played quite poorly, died a few times.
However the second loop was a lot of fun. I managed a 2-1 improvised full chain using my knowledge of enemy positions and pattern types from 1st loop. In 2-2, I got trapped by the large tanks you find shortly after the beginning, and had to pull some cool dodges to get out. Sometimes I also got super lucky. A lot of what followed was a mix of luck + nice dodges. One last chain in 2-4 allowed me to beat malik11's score. Died at the boss.

Replay : http://www.mediafire.com/?mgph4skaowervde
ShmupMAME 2.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?yitn964qdsk78cv#2
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Follow me on Twitch??
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Niiice!
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Now I am pretty sure.
You are a Hokuto Shinken user.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

third_strike wrote:Now I am pretty sure.
You are a Hokuto Shinken user.
Haha thank you ^_^ Did you watch the replay ? I'd love to watch your replay but it still doesn't work for me, I still get the message "Not valid as an input file" when I try to load it. Someone mentioned it worked for them. I think maybe we're using a slightly different version of the rom ? It's annoying.
Follow me on Twitch??
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

I think you have to put it under the "shmupmame_v22/inp" folder in case to watch it. I don't know why, but this worked for me.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Subterranean Sun wrote:I think you have to put it under the "shmupmame_v22/inp" folder in case to watch it. I don't know why, but this worked for me.
Great tip, it works ! This is stupid, I hope they fixed this in 3.0, haven't checked yet.
Thanks to this I was able to watch your 774M replay third_strike ! It's fun to see you deal with the stages with the same ship, but in a different way. I was surprised by some of the details in your stage 1 and 2. Nice using the red building in the pop-corn-idor while it's going off screen for more hits, like a pro !
Follow me on Twitch??
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

I could not watch you replay because I have not the correct roms.
From I remember that 774 replay is full of shit don't care about it. I will try do something helpful in next week after I finish EspGaluda II (I thought I would can All it in one day of play , but i guess I will need play this whole week).
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I just beat you guys ;D

ProMeTheus - 817,425,660 - A-E - 2-3 - 3211 Hit

No replay this time, I will post a better score with replay.
Follow me on Twitch??
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Damn, such a beastly score! Did you make that 3k+ hit chain in 1-5?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

moozooh wrote:Damn, such a beastly score! Did you make that 3k+ hit chain in 1-5?
Yes that's a 1-5 almost-full chain (missed the few large ships and bee at the very end). I love stage 5, great atmosphere, different areas, the chaining is much easier than other stages but it is much harder to survive, especially with full rank. It's a lot of fun. I have a high esteem of this game, it has everything that DDP has and more. Better music and graphics, great gameplay design, stages feel very different because they look, sound and most importantly play very differently. It also seems to take like twice as much skill to achieve the same proportional scores @_@ that makes it very fun to play and watch.
Follow me on Twitch??
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Awesome score! Do you have a target?
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Sapz wrote:Awesome score! Do you have a target?
Yes I have a target for this series of runs I think it won't take me long (basically looking to get all first loop stages chained in one run, may allow a small number of mistakes though), and I have a long term target idea, we'll see if I can make it ;]
Follow me on Twitch??
eXero

Post by eXero »

PROMETHEUS wrote:I just beat you guys ;D

ProMeTheus - 817,425,660 - A-E - 2-3 - 3211 Hit

No replay this time, I will post a better score with replay.
WOW, Congratulation ProMeTheus, 817M with 3211 Hit, is this new western record? I can't wait to see your replay!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I did improve my score, but still haven't reached the current target :

ProMeTheus - 934,922,970 - A-E - 2-3 - 3180 Hit

This is harder than I thought, but I will make it !!
Follow me on Twitch??
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

PROMETHEUS wrote:I did improve my score, but still haven't reached the current target :

ProMeTheus - 934,922,970 - A-E - 2-3 - 3180 Hit

This is harder than I thought, but I will make it !!
Going for 1 billion ( short scale ), eh? Keep up awesome work! I am certain that you have skills to 2-ALL this game.
ImageImage