M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
XtraSmiley

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by XtraSmiley »

bobrocks95 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:13 pm
Yoshi wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:33 pm
digitron wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:51 pm

I'm located in the USA, total shipped from Play Asia was $55.89 USD. Granted you have to pay upfront when ordering from PlayAsia vs. Amazon JP ($68.57 USD), you don't pay until it ships.
You may be comparing apples to oranges. If you get the version without the exclusive cover, it's only $58.20 shipped from Amazon JP.
$47 here from Play-Asia (before tax) when I threw in Battle Garegga and Ninja Saviors for free shipping. Both may be out of stock by the time DOJ actually ships, but from what I read they will still honor the free shipping. I never get quite the market exchange rate either when using PayPal or my credit card, so probably a bit over $60 for Amazon here.

Don't particularly like Play-Asia but excited for the release and eh I'll save $15 why not.

Does anybody know if any other Japanese M2 PS4 releases have or will get a reprint? Last I checked Ketsui Deathtiny, ESP Ra De Psy, and Battle Garegga were all out of stock and quite expensive. The Battle Garegga version I grabbed on PlayAsia is the Korean release.
I find it’s always better to use a credit card instead of PayPal for conversion costs. Obviously use a CC that doesn’t charge for other currencies though.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

XtraSmiley wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:27 pm
Yoshi wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:33 pm You may be comparing apples to oranges. If you get the version without the exclusive cover, it's only $58.20 shipped from Amazon JP.
$47 here from Play-Asia (before tax) when I threw in Battle Garegga and Ninja Saviors for free shipping. Both may be out of stock by the time DOJ actually ships, but from what I read they will still honor the free shipping. I never get quite the market exchange rate either when using PayPal or my credit card, so probably a bit over $60 for Amazon here.

Don't particularly like Play-Asia but excited for the release and eh I'll save $15 why not.

Does anybody know if any other Japanese M2 PS4 releases have or will get a reprint? Last I checked Ketsui Deathtiny, ESP Ra De Psy, and Battle Garegga were all out of stock and quite expensive. The Battle Garegga version I grabbed on PlayAsia is the Korean release.
I find it’s always better to use a credit card instead of PayPal for conversion costs. Obviously use a CC that doesn’t charge for other currencies though.
My CC definitely beats PayPal's conversion rate when I've checked in the past, I just don't have that big of a credit limit on it at the moment.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

There is no JP physical release for BG, in case you didn’t know.

Not sure what’s up with Ketsui, but I’ve seen it go as low as $40 on play-Asia, relatively recently. Its price used to bounce around a lot on that site.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

^ Yeah, I dunno where you're looking but they're all readily available and basically either base retail price still, or lower. You can get PS4 Esprade and Ketsui right now at play-asia for good prices.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

PA has restocked the PS4 EspRaDe, I remember that toward the end of 2022 it was sold out or limited stock and was expensive. Now it's $59.99 USD on PA. Switch standard version is $109.99 USD for some reason though.

Keep an eye out though, it doesn't seem like they are that hard to find.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

kid aphex wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:08 pm
There is no JP physical release for BG, in case you didn’t know.

Not sure what’s up with Ketsui, but I’ve seen it go as low as $40 on play-Asia, relatively recently. Its price used to bounce around a lot on that site.
Thought Garegga at least got a collector's edition, but that might've been a code in a very expensive box. Korean it is then.
Jonpachi wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:16 pm ^ Yeah, I dunno where you're looking but they're all readily available and basically either base retail price still, or lower. You can get PS4 Esprade and Ketsui right now at play-asia for good prices.
I actually just looked at Amazon Japan the last few times, because that "Was: $131.99" price on Ketsui is around what Play-Asia's price had been the last several times I checked. I see it's reasonable now, though I don't know that I'd say $60 matches base retail price for Esprade, not that I remember exactly. It does seem like they got reprints at some point for Ketsui to drop that much.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

bobrocks95 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pmThought Garegga at least got a collector's edition, but that might've been a code in a very expensive box.
It did (December 2016 release in Japan), and it was indeed a code (on a prepaid phone card looking card) in an expensive box. To be fair though, the other stuff in the box IS kinda neat: a book, Rev.2016 Original Soundtrack CD, reproduction arcade art, flyer, and PCB instruction/dip switch sheet, a set of clear files, some postcards, a pin.

There is also a "US" physical version published by Limited Run Games. Their deluxe box version had the same arcade repro flyers/art/instructions, postcards, pin, and CD (in a cardboard sleeve instead of the Japan version's jewel case). No book or clear files. But the big differences: (1) vinyl record of the Rev.2016 OST, (2) Blu-ray disc of the M2: Complete Works documentary by My Life in Gaming, and (3) a... US Saturn longbox style case with Garegga cover/back art insert (which is weird since the game never released outside of Japan, where they didn't use this style case, but whatever...)

But yeah, the Korean physical and the standard edition LRG release also exist.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

bobrocks95 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:13 pmDoes anybody know if any other Japanese M2 PS4 releases have or will get a reprint? Last I checked Ketsui Deathtiny, ESP Ra De Psy, and Battle Garegga were all out of stock and quite expensive. The Battle Garegga version I grabbed on PlayAsia is the Korean release.
Yeah, Ketsui and Esprade are in stock on Amazon JP and other stores right now. There are some new copies of Battle Garegga KR hanging around eBay and other stores, though it looks like the eBay prices are a little high. They must have done a reprint of that too. Like others said, US LRG and KR are the only options for a physical Battle Garegga.
EmperorIng wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 pm Can anyone describe these new modes?

GSK summarized it. Some nice-looking very detailed gadgets this time around, including details on bee locations and hidden items, a more detailed combo readout, etc. The challenge mode sounds very detailed this time too, down to being able to isolate specific attack patterns.

As far as I can tell no arrange soundtrack has been announced yet, right? Well, the menus very conspicuously display which BGM you're using, they seem to be teasing an arrange soundtrack announcement coming up. They also showed this menu select screen, which has what AFAICT are some unannounced modes. Arcade mode, challenge, and practice (osarai) are pretty self-evident I think. "Extra version" at the bottom is black label - they seem to have based the challenge mode purely on white label. They briefly glossed over "Luna Tour" in the casual options - couldn't really grasp what they were saying (my Japanese isn't great) but it sounds like they'll be explaining what it is later. Ditto the arrange S/L/EX modes.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

Ms. Tea wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:03 am
bobrocks95 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:13 pmDoes anybody know if any other Japanese M2 PS4 releases have or will get a reprint? Last I checked Ketsui Deathtiny, ESP Ra De Psy, and Battle Garegga were all out of stock and quite expensive. The Battle Garegga version I grabbed on PlayAsia is the Korean release.
Yeah, Ketsui and Esprade are in stock on Amazon JP and other stores right now. There are some new copies of Battle Garegga KR hanging around eBay and other stores, though it looks like the eBay prices are a little high. They must have done a reprint of that too. Like others said, US LRG and KR are the only options for a physical Battle Garegga.
Ahh- in stock and sold by Amazon Japan (indicates being currently in print) just not available for shipping to the US for whatever reason, so I wasn't seeing them. Glad they're still in circulation, I'm not sure how the print runs look for these titles and I am late to the party on being able to afford to import them.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I’d snap up all the M2 collections you want right now, as these are all future eBay superstars when the PS4 and Switch are finally dead. This has notes of the last days of the Saturn, with folks dragging their feet to pay $75 for a Radiant Silvergun import.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
AeroBranford

Post by AeroBranford »

hamfighterx wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:43 pm PA has restocked the PS4 EspRaDe, I remember that toward the end of 2022 it was sold out or limited stock and was expensive. Now it's $59.99 USD on PA. Switch standard version is $109.99 USD for some reason though.

Keep an eye out though, it doesn't seem like they are that hard to find.
I had bought my switch copy a few months ago and it was around $68, which was still expensive but about on par with modern game prices lol. I wonder how it got so high in such a short time.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

Jonpachi wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:54 am I’d snap up all the M2 collections you want right now, as these are all future eBay superstars when the PS4 and Switch are finally dead. This has notes of the last days of the Saturn, with folks dragging their feet to pay $75 for a Radiant Silvergun import.
Wasn't around for that but I get that vibe too. Prices haven't gone down significantly besides the yen getting weaker, so really nothing to wait on anyways. The digital versions are all priced similarly and I haven't ever seen them go on sale.

I still don't think I'm convinced on the Toaplan releases that are like 7 versions of one game included, but I've really only played Batsugun as far as Toaplan goes and I'd pay full price for a proper M2 version of that so I can see the appeal for people familiar with them.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Ms. Tea wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:03 am As far as I can tell no arrange soundtrack has been announced yet, right? Well, the menus very conspicuously display which BGM you're using, they seem to be teasing an arrange soundtrack announcement coming up. They also showed this menu select screen, which has what AFAICT are some unannounced modes. Arcade mode, challenge, and practice (osarai) are pretty self-evident I think. "Extra version" at the bottom is black label - they seem to have based the challenge mode purely on white label. They briefly glossed over "Luna Tour" in the casual options - couldn't really grasp what they were saying (my Japanese isn't great) but it sounds like they'll be explaining what it is later. Ditto the arrange S/L/EX modes.

Yeah, arrange soundtracks are def on the horizon. They were just teasing us for their next 1 hour, tediously paced and boring as fuck livestream.
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

Jonpachi wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:54 am I’d snap up all the M2 collections you want right now, as these are all future eBay superstars when the PS4 and Switch are finally dead. This has notes of the last days of the Saturn, with folks dragging their feet to pay $75 for a Radiant Silvergun import.
Welp, your post was all I needed to panic-buy the last standard edition of PS4 Ray'z Arcade Chronology straight from Amazon JP. $58 all in, but still a deal compared to eBay prices (yes, already). :? PS4 limited edition still available for ¥13,300... (Wait, this isn't actually M2, is it? Ah well.)

I did preorder the limited edition of DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei for both PS4 and Switch (from different vendors), not necessarily with the intent to flip one of them. I'm just really excited for it!
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

Triple Lei wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:10 pm
Welp, your post was all I needed to panic-buy the last standard edition of PS4 Ray'z Arcade Chronology straight from Amazon JP. $58 all in, but still a deal compared to eBay prices (yes, already). :? PS4 limited edition still available for ¥13,300... (Wait, this isn't actually M2, is it? Ah well.)

I did preorder the limited edition of DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei for both PS4 and Switch (from different vendors), not necessarily with the intent to flip one of them. I'm just really excited for it!
OT at this point but any added value on Ray'z as an owner of Layer Section and Simple 1500: The Double Shooting?

I did place a nice big Amazon Japan order tonight for Aleste Collection, Cotton Rock n Roll collector's edition, Akai Katana Shin collector's edition, River City Girls 1+2, and Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 though, all of which were on a decent sale. DDP is pre-ordered with hopefully Battle Garegga if it's still available when it ships. :)
davyK

Post by davyK »

pablumatic wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:32 pm
davyK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:16 pm Have placed a pre-order with amiami. They don't want my money yet so not committed. will see. Long delivery time doesn't bother me as long as it gets here on good condition.
Take caution if you do decide to cancel from AmiAmi. They allow it a few times but will eventually close your account if you do it too much, or so I've heard. I treat AmiAmi preorders as uncancellable. You can really only get away with cancellations on Amazon Japan.
Cheers for the tip! I'll likely buy it but good to know that.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Unless I missed something, I guess it really is just going to only be on PS4? That's unfortunate.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

XoPachi wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:49 am Unless I missed something, I guess it really is just going to only be on PS4? That's unfortunate.
Its also on Switch.

https://m2stg.com/daioujou/#top-product
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

pablumatic wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:55 am Its also on Switch.

https://m2stg.com/daioujou/#top-product
Oh good! I wish it was on PC because SteamDeck, but that's the next best thing. Thanks!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I just learned of this game. Found it hard to track a thread on it as I first saw it as Blissful death. You die hard Japanese guys huh! :D
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
BIL

Post by BIL »

^ Ha, takes me back. Peaceful Death / Blissful Death / Live A Full Life were all thrown around regularly back when the PS2 port was new. I actually discovered a favourite band off someone's sig over at click-stick. ("Just give me an easy life and a peaceful death")
DGR114

Post by DGR114 »

https://nitter.net/M2_game/status/1712649361132499041#m
Another Shotriggers livestream on the 19th. This one will have info on the Super easy mode and Luna tour mode. It seems there will also be a showcase of the new arranged soundtrack.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

That's awesome to have the choice of playing either "White Label" or "Black Label" of DDP-DOJ on the upcoming PS4 and Switch console ports. It's still cool to fire up the modded DDP-DOJ pcb just to play "BL" from time to time. Doesn't get any better than that, folks. Still have the ace JPN PS2 Arika port of DDP-DOJ which is just as good as the pcb itself indeed.

As for the cool retro aesthetics of using an old-school "Nixie Tube" type of stylized countdown timer/interface to possibly continue as shown with DDP-DOJ is classy. If you watch the original unaltered version of George Lucas' classic sci-fi film of THX-1138, there are some scenes of real nixie tube clock displays (with the old-school glowing filaments as the main type/source of visual display) running in real time. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Went to finally pull the trigger on Amazon and... sold out? How did they sell out of a pre-order?
Steven

Post by Steven »

If they only made a certain amount of units and those were preordered, then it's quite feasible to run out of preorders. In any case, it shows in stock for me for all versions, so I'm guessing it's actually region locked.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

I only see the limited edition and it isn't available for US shipping. I also see that the ESPGaluda II pre-order is out of stock as well.

Actually, everything I had looked at last time I placed an order is out of stock? When I contacted customer service about payment issues with that order, they said that only certain warehouses ship internationally, so often things sold by Amazon still aren't available internationally.

But there's actually so much gone right now I wonder if the yen is so weak that they've shut down US shipping for awhile, drastically lowered unit allocation, or are restricting US purchases arbitrarily. I looked at the slew of first-party Switch games coming out soon (Princess Peach Showtime, Super Mario Wonder, Super Mario RPG, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong) and contemplated getting the Japanese versions since even with shipping they were going to be cheaper than US versions, but now every one of them is unavailable. I only looked about 3 weeks ago.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

You can still order any edition of the game from Amazon Japan if you set it to a Japanese address, like using the tenso.com package forwarding service.

They were allowing westerners to buy the games earlier, and my order using my USA address is still there, but now you can't place new orders this way. Later on when the game releases the orders usually open back up for foreign addresses.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

I have to think it's the yen condition as well. I've never had to use a forwarding service with Amazon.jp and doing so would add cost and time to it to make it not worth it. I just want the stupid Amazon alt cover damnit!

Yeah, when I log out, I see availability on all the games again. When I log back in, my cart disappears and it says nothing available.

Fuck, I should have pulled the trigger last month!
ThundergunExpress

Post by ThundergunExpress »

The live stream from yesterday showed the extras with the limited editions. I really like that it comes with a book of new interviews and making of insights (going off of Google lens translation, some English words being spoken, and context with the very limited few words or phrases I do know- I don't know Japanese), along with a 24 page strategy guide written by CLOVER-TAC the absolute legend, co-authored by SPS.

The pin looks decent, not the biggest fan of the acrylic stands or the light up crystal cube thing, but the clear cards were really nice looking. I think the poster looks great, but not personally a fan of the wall scroll- I am not a fan of the anime young girls that run throughout this game and almost every one of Caves releases after Daioujou.

They talked about the music, but I'm not well-versed enough in the knowledge of Caves music to really comment, except that there were a lot of different remixes shown. I enjoyed all of what they played, even if some of it was pretty different than what it was remixing with some tracks.

They also showed gameplay for super easy mode and Luna Tour. Luna Tour looks really good, and reminds me of basically the challenge mode in Ketsui.
beer gas canister

Post by beer gas canister »

Luna Tour resembles the Irori's Room challenge mode in Esprade as well, minus the indecipherable menus. Very cool!