Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
jonny5

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by jonny5 »

People who miss-spell your name in emails, even though it's written right in front of them on the screen.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

jonny5 wrote:People who miss-spell your name in emails, even though it's written right in front of them on the screen.
People who misspell misspell. :lol:
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

CaptainRansom wrote:
jonny5 wrote:People who miss-spell your name in emails, even though it's written right in front of them on the screen.
People who misspell misspell. :lol:
Ha! I even had it typed that way first and it looked wrong to me?

Oh well.

back on topic - people who correct other's spelling on forums. :wink:
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Language itself. Life was better before we came down from the trees.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

CMoon wrote:Language itself.
Hear, hear.
CMoon wrote:Life was better before we came down from the trees.
As much as envious I am of arboreal mammals' agility and even though climbing the trees was one of best things about my childhood, I'm pretty sure language is older than our downfall.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Obiwanshinobi wrote: As much as envious I am of arboreal mammals' agility and even though climbing the trees was one of best things about my childhood, I'm pretty sure language is older than our downfall.
Sig worthy. As much as I hate all the worthless chatter, I suppose the prose and poetry that continues to sustain my faith in humanity (???) is worth it.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I'm restarting my XP machine at the moment, and I got these choices:

1. Hibernate
2. Shut Down *and install updates
3. Restart

Why in the bloody hell can't I restart WITH UPDATES BEING INSTALLED, God dammit?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Got a tooth problem. Dentist says because its half term they can't see me until May :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A sign outside says "Taking on NHS patients". I think I'd rather not be on NHS for this type of thing. Going for a 09:00 appointment at the emergency dentist. Which is what I think most people are doing. You can't predict a tooth problem in most cases.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

New one from last night..

When you meet up with some old friends, and the one HUGE New England Patriots fan amongst the bunch now has a Tom Brady haircut.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Battle voices.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

This is my all-time annoyance. When sending messages either via SMS, Chat Client, E-mail or voice mail...the person on the other end either, ignores it, ignores it, reads it and doesn't respond or ignores it. FUCK YOU.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Tall people in movie theaters. People with large stupid hair in movie theaters. People who talk in movie theaters.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Skykid wrote:Tall people in movie theaters. People with large stupid hair in movie theaters. People who talk in movie theaters.
People who in movie theaters not only have their cell phones' sound on, they answer them when it rings instead of just turning the sound off while apologizing. :roll:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

emphatic wrote:
Skykid wrote:Tall people in movie theaters. People with large stupid hair in movie theaters. People who talk in movie theaters.
People who in movie theaters not only have their cell phones' sound on, they answer them when it rings instead of just turning the sound off while apologizing. :roll:
or they just let it ring and you have people yelling, ANSWER IT OR TURN IT OFF!
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

People who don't consider game music real music.

People who talk about previous historical events which they weren't alive in, and act like they took part in.

Samoans who do not want to go home despite it being 4 am.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Siren2011 wrote:People who bitch about Vevo's channel on YouTube. As if a banner and a commercial somehow ruin the experience of watching a music video. :roll:
I think it's mostly that vevo's repeated censorship is what pisses them off.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Movie theaters.
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Oh Johnie6, that must be really tough...

On a serious note: People ALWAY misspell my real familiy name if I don't spell it letter for letter to them... That's because it's pronounced quite differently than it's spelled. But I got used to it and tell the people: "It's spelled XYZGHAZ, like you pronounce it". It usually takes them off and I think that's funny.

:P
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

German age-ratings on video game covers. I mean look at this shit here:

And you know, apparently it's still not big enough for us if they add the additional PEGI rating right beside it.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Elixir wrote:People who don't consider game music real music.
Hell yeah... I've already participated in a shit-ton of conversations like this:

Me: Yesterday I was listening to the symphonic concert of Chris Huelsbeck
Companion: Heh, cool. Who's this?
Me: A German video game music composer
Companion: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

:?
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

ZOM wrote:German age-ratings on video game covers. I mean look at this shit here:

And you know, apparently it's still not big enough for us if they add the additional PEGI rating right beside it.
This is actually one of the reasons that I import games from overseas.

Another.

OFLC has two different departments for Australia and NZ. NZ's was controlled by Bill Hastings, a gay Canadian activist who has inaccurately approved gay oriented films for the last 11 years.

Of course this all pales in comparison to the Australian OFLC which is a bunch of herpaderp.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
greg

Post by greg »

1. When idiots think that if they push the "walk" button at the crosswalk over and over again, the light will change faster so they can cross the street. It doesn't matter how many times they hear the click or beep or whatever. They just keep pressing it thinking that the red light will hurry up.

2. I'm sick of the "Wilhelm" voice in movies. It's so overused. Or that other one that screams, "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"

3. The turn signals on my car no longer work. I've tried replacing the fuse, but the signals share the same fuse as the backup lights. Once I put my car into reverse, the fuse burns out. Anyhow, I'm forced to hang my hand out the window and signal with my hand. I'm sick of these turdpoles who honk at me when I turn because I wasn't using my turn signals. Well duh, remember Driver's Ed class? I'm not hanging my hand out the window to look cool, stinkydicks!
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

EinhanderZwei wrote:
Because Yuzo Koshiro, Motoaki Takenouchi, Tommy Tallarico, Shinji Hosoe, Manabu Namiki, Go Sato, Zuntata, and Nobuo Uematsu clearly have no idea how to compose music =P.

Feh, hipster elistists.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

The amount of commercials in big sports events or live events. You could actually cut down an hour into 30 minutes of actual watchable footage in some cases.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Blackbird wrote:
EinhanderZwei wrote:
Because Yuzo Koshiro, Motoaki Takenouchi, Tommy Tallarico, Shinji Hosoe, Manabu Namiki, Go Sato, Zuntata, and Nobuo Uematsu clearly have no idea how to compose music =P.

Feh, hipster elistists.
No Motoi Sakuraba and Yasunori Mitsuda? HAET.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

They can come too. Oh, and I also forgot Kevin Bacon.

Edit: Renard, hurry up and make more games so I can put you in the list of game composers!
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Eurovision song contest the whole damn event annoys me
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Blackbird wrote:
EinhanderZwei wrote:

Feh, hipster elistists.
No, mostly because the music is from THESE GODDAMN NASTY VIDEO GAMES EWWWW WHERE'S MY TWILIGHT
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Movie elitists, eh? Have them watch Scott Pilgrim, then laugh at them and mention that Edgar Wright personally requested Nintendo's permission to use music from "The Legend of Zelda" in his movie because he felt the music was a cultural treasure.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Blackbird wrote:Movie elitists, eh? Have them watch Scott Pilgrim, then laugh at them and mention that Edgar Wright personally requested Nintendo's permission to use music from "The Legend of Zelda" in his movie because he felt the music was a cultural treasure.
Heh, I just gave Twilight as an example of 'really mature and artsy' alternatives to 'these pesky videogames that induce nothing but violence'... but I'm gonna follow your advice :D