GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Damocles

Re: GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

Post by Damocles »

I heard it mentioned before that the ALL-3 + EX 1cc in Deathsmiles 1 can be obtained with restarts. Is this correct?
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

I was lead to belive no Restarts.
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

One more achievement for DS NA confirmed:

Double Hundred Millionaire
Score has reached 200,000,000 points. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade (20 g)

So the Triple Hundred Millionaire is a pretty safe assumption for the remaining 50g secret achievement.
Vectorman0

Post by Vectorman0 »

Does anyone know if the score achievements can obtained while playing the online score attack mode?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Vectorman0 wrote:Does anyone know if the score achievements can obtained while playing the online score attack mode?
I can confirm that they do unlock correctly while in Score Attack Mode.
Vectorman0

Post by Vectorman0 »

Kiken wrote:
Vectorman0 wrote:Does anyone know if the score achievements can obtained while playing the online score attack mode?
I can confirm that they do unlock correctly while in Score Attack Mode.
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I watched your ~250M Follet No-Ex replay last night, good show. I wish I was that good.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

shape
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nZero

Post by nZero »

So I guess Strike Witches 360 is out now. It'll probably be a long while before I play this (if ever) but here's a translation of the achievement list (bonus: secret achievements too)
  • ネウロイXX-01撃墜 (20)
  • ネウロイXX-02撃破 (20)
  • ネウロイXX-03撃墜 (20)
  • ネウロイXX-04撃墜 (20)
  • ネウロイXX-05撃破 (20)
    Destroy each of the stage bosses, any game mode & any difficulty
  • グラーフツェッペリン撃墜 (20)
    Destroy Graf Zeppelin, any game mode & any difficulty
  • ネウロック撃墜 (40)
    Destroy the final boss Neurock, any game mode & any difficulty
    May only appear if fewer than a certain number of continues are used
  • また会いましょう! (20)
    Complete Story Mode on any difficulty setting, continuing OK
  • ブックマーク・アヘッド (20)
    Complete Arcade Mode (ALL Clear) on any difficulty setting, continuing OK
  • 戦場のカメラマン 1 (30)
    Complete the CG Gallery for Miyafuji, Lynette, and Sakamoto
  • 戦場のカメラマン 2 (30)
    Complete the CG Gallery for Minna, Barkhorn, and Hartmann
  • 戦場のカメラマン 3 (30)
    Complete the CG Gallery for Perrine, Lucchini, and Charlotte
  • 戦場のカメラマン 4 (30)
    Complete the CG Gallery for Sanya, Eila, and Takei
  • 新隊長、奮闘する! (10)
    Clear Arcade Mode using Takei, any difficulty setting, continuing OK
    Takei is unlocked for use after completing Story Mode once
  • 君を忘れない (30)
    Listen to a record in the meeting room
  • 当たるも八卦 (30)
    Do fortune-telling in Eila's room
  • 分析完了 (30)
    Collect all of the data for the Tenjou Gunroom
  • 撃墜王 (40)
    Shoot down a cumulative total of 100 boss mecha, in any game mode & any difficulty
  • 戦傷記章 (20)
    Take a cumulative total of 100 hits, in any game mode & any difficulty
  • 騎士鉄十字章 (50)
    Take down Neurock with a score of over 150 million on Normal difficulty or higher in any game mode
  • 黄金柏葉宝剣付騎士鉄十字章 (70)
    Take down Neurock with a score of over 200 million on Very Hard difficutly in any game mode
  • 主役は私 (30)
    Clear the game without performing a leader change, any difficulty setting, continuing OK
    If playing in Story Mode, you must start from Stage 1
  • 奇跡のエース (40)
    Clear the game without taking any damage, any difficulty setting
  • 総員出撃! (10)
    Use every character at least once in Arcade mode
  • 史上最大の作戦 (50)
    1cc the game on Hard difficulty or higher
  • とどめの一撃 (10)
    Use the simultaneous full-power attack to destroy a boss
  • 弾薬は大切に (35)
    Clear the game without using the simultaneous full-power attack or the magical attack (in other words, no bombing) on any game mode & any difficulty
  • フォーメーション・マスター (10)
    Use the simultaneous full-power attack with every formation
SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS
  • 当たらぬも八卦 (15)
    Do fortune-telling in Eila's room 10 times in a row
  • 三国同盟 (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of [Miyafuji, Sakamoto OR Takei], [Minna, Erica OR Gertrud] and Lucchini
  • レンドリース (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Charlotte and two of the following: Lynette, Perrine, or Sanya
  • 今度はロマーニャ抜きで (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of a combination of three of the following: Miyafuji, Sakamoto, Takei, Minna, Erica, and Gertrud
  • トラ・トラ・トラ! (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Miyafuji, Sakamoto, and Takei
  • 空軍大戦略 (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Minna, Erica, and Lynette
  • ロッテは私 (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Sakamoto, Perrine, and Minna
  • 大きいのはお好き? (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Lynette, Charlotte, and either Miyafuji or Lucchini
  • トライアングル・スクランブル (25)
    Clear Arcade mode on any difficulty setting using a team made up of Miyafuji, Perrine, and Lynette
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Looks like there's already DLC planned for Strikes Witches since the game is displaying 1080 gamer score with a total of 41 achievements (the list above has 37). None of said DLC is available for download yet though.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Kiken wrote:Looks like there's already DLC planned for Strikes Witches since the game is displaying 1080 gamer score with a total of 41 achievements (the list above has 37). None of said DLC is available for download yet though.
Wow, you're quick! The official page was just updated and the contents just got added to the achievement wiki thingy:

DLC Character Nakajima (800 MSP... :lol:)

士官の意地 (10)
Clear Arcade Mode using Nakajima, any difficulty setting, continuing OK

戦場のカメラマン 5 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Takei, Nakajima, and Lucchini

Time Attack Mode (400 MSP)

連戦連勝 (10)
Clear Time Attack Mode on any difficulty setting

ガーター勲章 (30)
Clear Time Attack Mode in less than 10 minutes on any difficulty setting
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

nZero wrote:ネウロック撃墜 (40)
Destroy the final boss Neurock, any game mode & any difficulty
May only appear if fewer than a certain number of continues are used
Just to clear up a few things here... Neurock can only be reached without continuing (standard TLB requirement)... difficulty doesn't matter (hell, this achievement can even be unlocked by defeating him in the Time Attack Mode). Continuing anytime before the battle with him will end the game after the attack on the core.
nZero wrote: 戦場のカメラマン 1 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Miyafuji, Lynette, and Sakamoto

戦場のカメラマン 2 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Minna, Barkhorn, and Hartmann

戦場のカメラマン 3 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Perrine, Lucchini, and Charlotte

戦場のカメラマン 4 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Sanya, Eila, and Takei

戦場のカメラマン 5 (30)
Complete the CG Gallery for Takei, Nakajima, and Lucchini
These are kind of annoying. To unlock all of the images, you have to beat each scenario 3 times (difficulty doesn't matter). Each time, choose a different leader for the team (the ending for a play through is for whichever character spends the most time as leader). Once you've watched all 3 endings, you must then go into the Strike Witches Command Center (it's the first option that's all kanji at the main select screen) and choose the hang-out of the team you just completed. Fast forward through the text (but don't use Start to skip, as that will exit straight out) until you get to the image viewer. Now cycle through all of the images pressing either left or right until you've looked at them all in sequence. Exit out with the B button. Fast forward through the rest of the text and this will put you back at the Command Center screen. The achievement should now unlock.
Last edited by Kiken on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaygetaVendetta

Post by TaygetaVendetta »

If you've beaten the story mode with all preset teams you can just select story mode with them again and set it to stage6. Play through the level with whatever character you're missing the ending for and it'll unlock that ending. No need to play through the entire game.
FerociousSwan

Post by FerociousSwan »

Hi all, I'm having some serious trouble with Shooting Love ... the achievement when you have to get an age below 20. The lowest I've got is 20 with a score of 325 thousand.
What are the requirements to get a lower age?

Thanks!
nZero

Post by nZero »

@Kiken & TaygetaVendetta - thanks for the notes, I'll quote you guys when I copy the guide to the OP :)
FerociousSwan wrote:Hi all, I'm having some serious trouble with Shooting Love ... the achievement when you have to get an age below 20. The lowest I've got is 20 with a score of 325 thousand.
I believe it's got more to do with your grade on each section than your total score. Try to practice any section that you have trouble consistently getting over ~70 or so, and you should unlock it after a good run. Also, using a controller with autofire (fightpad, hori ex2, etc.) makes several of the challenges a lot more manageable.
TaygetaVendetta

nZero wrote:@Kiken & TaygetaVendetta - thanks for the notes, I'll quote you guys when I copy the guide to the OP :)
Al Soure, a friend of mine, wrote solutions to a vast majority of the achievements for Strike Witches here. Could save you some time explaining things.
FerociousSwan

Post by FerociousSwan »

nZero wrote:@Kiken & TaygetaVendetta - thanks for the notes, I'll quote you guys when I copy the guide to the OP :)
FerociousSwan wrote:Hi all, I'm having some serious trouble with Shooting Love ... the achievement when you have to get an age below 20. The lowest I've got is 20 with a score of 325 thousand.
I believe it's got more to do with your grade on each section than your total score. Try to practice any section that you have trouble consistently getting over ~70 or so, and you should unlock it after a good run. Also, using a controller with autofire (fightpad, hori ex2, etc.) makes several of the challenges a lot more manageable.
Thanks for the reply, I do have a SF4 fightpad and its what I use to play alot of the game with, I think that plate falling one is impossible to complete without turbo! Comes in handy on the asteroid level too.
Trouble is its not got the best d-pad and it sometimes goes straight up when I attempt diagonal movements.
Just now I got 80 on the 8bit, 70ish on the dodging buildings, 99 on asteroids ... and got 300k and still only 21. One thing though, I'm terrible at the rubbish shooting into the bin level at the end, I usually get around 20-30 in at best.
Also is there a best way of finishing the B levels? I try and let many bullets surround my ship before I detonate.
Also does accuracy have anything to do with rating?
Sorry for the long post!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

FerociousSwan wrote:Thanks for the reply, I do have a SF4 fightpad and its what I use to play alot of the game with, I think that plate falling one is impossible to complete without turbo! Comes in handy on the asteroid level too.
Trouble is its not got the best d-pad and it sometimes goes straight up when I attempt diagonal movements.
Just now I got 80 on the 8bit, 70ish on the dodging buildings, 99 on asteroids ... and got 300k and still only 21. One thing though, I'm terrible at the rubbish shooting into the bin level at the end, I usually get around 20-30 in at best.
Also is there a best way of finishing the B levels? I try and let many bullets surround my ship before I detonate.
Sorry for the long post!
Accuracy isn't taken into account. Fire as much as you like/can.

Also, you don't need Turbo for any of the challenges. I have a 4-button joystick (the Otomedius LE stick) and I can easily 99 all the shooting challeges with it. All 4 buttons are shoot during a game so you can mash them in a multitude of ways to get a constant stream of fire. Since the buttons on my stick have a really small depth of depression, I hold my fingers straight and simply sweep them left to right and back really fast across the tops of the buttons. Yeah, it does a number on my wrist an arm after a while.. but you can try stuff like rolling your fingers across three of the fire buttons or something similar.

With the Nice Bomb game, just try to move into a thick cluster of bullets and detonate before you get hit, since all bullets within the red circle are worth 10k.
FerociousSwan

Post by FerociousSwan »

Kiken wrote:
FerociousSwan wrote:Thanks for the reply, I do have a SF4 fightpad and its what I use to play alot of the game with, I think that plate falling one is impossible to complete without turbo! Comes in handy on the asteroid level too.
Sorry for the long post!
Accuracy isn't taken into account. Fire as much as you like/can.

Also, you don't need Turbo for any of the challenges. I have a 4-button joystick (the Otomedius LE stick) and I can easily 99 all the shooting challeges with it. All 4 buttons are shoot during a game so you can mash them in a multitude of ways to get a constant stream of fire. Since the buttons on my stick have a really small depth of depression, I hold my fingers straight and simply sweep them left to right and back really fast across the tops of the buttons. Yeah, it does a number on my wrist an arm after a while.. but you can try stuff like rolling your fingers across three of the fire buttons or something similar.

With the Nice Bomb game, just try to move into a thick cluster of bullets and detonate before you get hit, since all bullets within the red circle are worth 10k.
Didn't really think about pressing all 4 buttons, this might come in handy actually, as controlling the ship with the SF4 pad isn't ideal, so dodging bullets is luck sometimes!
I'll go back to a normal pad and see how I do :)
Thanks.
Don't suppose you have any tips for the rubbish bin challenge? Most I've ever got is 40 in the bin ... Not sure how much this affects my age rating though.
The only challenges I rarely get a high score are the tank rush ones ... but if I get the challenge set starting with 8bit do not get them.
nZero

Post by nZero »

FerociousSwan wrote:Didn't really think about pressing all 4 buttons, this might come in handy actually, as controlling the ship with the SF4 pad isn't ideal, so dodging bullets is luck sometimes!
Thanks.
Don't suppose you have any tips for the rubbish bin challenge? Most I've ever got is 40 in the bin ... Not sure how much this affects my age rating though.
The only challenges I rarely get a high score are the tank rush ones ... but if I get the challenge set starting with 8bit do not get them.
That video I posted was with 2 or 3 buttons set to full auto, actually :) You'll get near the maximum rate of fire and you won't destroy your wrists in the process

For that one I just sit directly under the trash can and spray it with auto-shot for extra points. You can force cans into the bin if you trap them against the bottom (not quite as easy as it sounds) and it's also very easy to dodge and defend your position from there. I think that surviving the challenge gave a better overall grade (on the results screen) than putting in a large number of cans but getting nailed before time up. Either way, it sounds like you're very close to success, one good overall run should do it.
FerociousSwan

Post by FerociousSwan »

nZero wrote:
FerociousSwan wrote:Didn't really think about pressing all 4 buttons, this might come in handy actually, as controlling the ship with the SF4 pad isn't ideal, so dodging bullets is luck sometimes!
Thanks.
That video I posted was with 2 or 3 buttons set to full auto, actually :) You'll get near the maximum rate of fire and you won't destroy your wrists in the process

For that one I just sit directly under the trash can and spray it with auto-shot for extra points. You can force cans into the bin if you trap them against the bottom (not quite as easy as it sounds) and it's also very easy to dodge and defend your position from there. I think that surviving the challenge gave a better overall grade (on the results screen) than putting in a large number of cans but getting nailed before time up. Either way, it sounds like you're very close to success, one good overall run should do it.
Thanks for that :) Hopefully I'll get it soon.
I'll try that method you suggested on the bin level too :)
But yeah, certainly a strain on the hands doing it the manual way!
TaygetaVendetta

sideshow

Post by sideshow »

フォーメーション・マスター (10)
Use the simultaneous full-power attack with every formation

I have nearly 90% of the achievements and this one still hasnt popped up. Any tips?
nZero

Post by nZero »

Since everyone should be getting their copy pretty soon, here's a quick translation of the Radirgy Noa Massive achievement descriptions:
  • Stage2 Boss destroy (10)
  • Stage4 Boss destroy (20)
  • Stage6 Boss destroy (30)
  • Stage8 Boss destroy (40)
    Destroy the indicated boss in either Arcade Mode or Expand Mode
  • Special Boss destroy (50)
    Destroy the special boss that appears on stages 1, 3, 5 and 7 in either Arcade Mode or Expand Mode
  • All stage clear (50)
    Clear all stages in either Arcade Mode or Expand Mode
  • True ending (100)
    View the true ending
  • x16 (10)
    Raise the ABSnet multiplier to 16x
  • x32 (30)
    While the ABSnet multiplier is at 16x, use the power slash to destroy an enemy
  • 100,000,000 points (50)
    Earn over 100m points in Arcade Mode or Expand Mode
  • 200,000,000 points (100)
    Earn over 200m points in Arcade Mode or Expand Mode
  • Power slash (5)
    Destroy an enemy with the power slash
  • Cuts too hard (5)
    Bounce a power-up item with your sword too much and turn it into a regular point item
  • Full power (5)
    In any mode except Massive Mode, power up your shot to the maximum level
  • Expand play (10)
    Play Expand Mode
  • Expand play clear (100)
    Clear Expand Mode
  • Point item 200 (10)
    Acquire 200 of the point items
  • Point item 400 (30)
    Acquire 400 of the point items
  • Point item 600 (50)
    Acquire 600 of the point items
  • Item fever (30)
    Unlocks if a large point item appears when destroying a boss
  • Kamikaze (30)
    Run into stuff a cumulative total of 100 times
  • First step (10)
    Watch the tutorial all the way to the end
  • Guardian (75)
    Earn over 200m points in Death Mode
  • Destroyer (75)
    Earn over 80m points in Massive Mode
  • Classic style (75)
    Clear Classic Mode
Edit: looks like this was unnecessary as the achievement descriptions show in English when the system language is set to that. Maybe they're planning ahead for an eventual western release :)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I was bored and made this:

Feel free to use it.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Neat! Thanks Emph :D
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

If anybody figures out how to unlock expand mode in Radirgy Noah Massive please post!
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

I second that!
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
nZero

Post by nZero »

Allegedly the code for Expand Mode is to hammer out ←←→→←→←←→→←←→←→→ on the d-pad at the title screen, there should be a voice to confirm. Anyone want to test it out?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

nZero wrote:Allegedly the code for Expand Mode is to hammer out ←←→→←→←←→→←←→←→→ on the d-pad at the title screen, there should be a voice to confirm. Anyone want to test it out?
Just tested it, works like a charm. Quite a literal "expand mode"...
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
cyprien

Post by cyprien »

Ghegs wrote:
nZero wrote:Allegedly the code for Expand Mode is to hammer out ←←→→←→←←→→←←→←→→ on the d-pad at the title screen, there should be a voice to confirm. Anyone want to test it out?
Just tested it, works like a charm. Quite a literal "expand mode"...
Does that work with an arcade stick, or do I need to hook a controller up?

Edit: It does work with the arcade stick, just tried it out.
What are We, candy corn?