kernow

Post by kernow »

zubiri wrote: C Full auto = totally useless
:?:

Whys that?
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice one pro.

actually, for me the most impressive part was the 850 chain on 1-5 :idea: you get some crazy slow down with the C button in places - is this true for the original pcb version?

obviously it is now time to upgrade to DOJ 8)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

And here I sit, still unable to get to stage 1-6 consistantly without the use of bombs.

Congrats Prometheus, that was a magnificent run.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

So when are you uploading it to superplay?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Thanks again for your reactions guys !
jpj wrote:nice one pro.

actually, for me the most impressive part was the 850 chain on 1-5 :idea: you get some crazy slow down with the C button in places - is this true for the original pcb version?

obviously it is now time to upgrade to DOJ 8)
Well that is far from being the hardest part in the run lol :p As far as I know slowdown is identical or extremely similar compared to the PCB. I got very consistent at clearing 1-5 without bombing or dying, the only part in loop 1 that's still a problem for me (I die about 40%) is the 1-6 boss, mostly 2nd and last patterns. Other than that I can just fuck anything else up by chance so I clear loop 1 without bombs or death about 30% of the time.

I don't think I will ever play DOJ, I don't like it enough (it's too similar to Dodonpachi). I like Futari and Ketsui but as long as I can't play them for cheap, with a keyboard and with level select or save states I will not be playing them either o_o
MX7 wrote:So when are you uploading it to superplay?
Probably will be done in a couple of weeks. At least a video of the run should be made by then, I'll post a link here. I will also most definitely make some kind of omake video with the best moments from my runs (I recorded and kept all 391 of them) in the future.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

PROMETHEUS wrote:I recorded and kept all 391 of them
Lol, that's crazy. That omake video is going to take hours that way. :P

Though I admit I haven't seen the run you posted yet, either. :\
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I'm not going to get excerpts from all 391 runs ^^ The omake video would be between 8 and 20 minutes long, no more.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Congratulations PROMETHEUS you really have the power!
Cool!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

It's only fair I say job well done. 1-5 and 1-6 as I've watched so far are nicely done and good to watch. This is coming from someone who at this point in time has little/no interest in this game.

As Bender once said in Futurama:
"Now I don't like you, and you don't like me..."
Even if that is the case, still need to respect your acheivement.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Limbrooke wrote:As Bender once said in Futurama:
"Now I don't like you, and you don't like me..."
Even if that is the case, still need to respect your acheivement.
what, you don't like me? ;]
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Finally got a chance to watch the video. Very impressive, especially one-lifing all of the final pattern from Hibachi o_O

I must say, my favorite part of the video is kind of mean. It was when he chain-broke on 1-2. I was like "Yay! I'm not the only one!"

I chain break on 1-2 more than I do on 1-4, and it really aggravates me when it happens. I'm always thinking "Gods, I'll bet Prometheus doesn't do stupid shit like this." I know I'm wrong of course, and this proves it =D
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

ye I think I break it like 15% of the time, I get very very distracted during 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4 and miss some really stupid things sometimes. For example I'd go point blank the 1-3 boss at the beginning of the fight and completely forget to move when it starts shooting at me, dying at point blank. That is ANNOYING >.< Of course I can not be distracted and still fuck up a chain somewhere or miss too.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Fuck I just realized more people had answered my topic about speed there, and I hadn't seen the last answers implying I was indeed probably running the game 4% faster than it should. All of my 391 runs where played at that wrong speed then, I wonder how much harder it made them T___T I feel so stupid.
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

PROMETHEUS wrote: I was indeed probably running the game 4% faster than it should. I wonder how much harder it made them
propably a billion times!
sven666

Post by sven666 »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Fuck I just realized more people had answered my topic about speed there, and I hadn't seen the last answers implying I was indeed probably running the game 4% faster than it should. All of my 391 runs where played at that wrong speed then, I wonder how much harder it made them T___T I feel so stupid.
4x391 = 1564% harder!! 8)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

mmmh I'd say 391^4 = 23,372,600,161% harder, it makes sense to count 4% as a power of the number of runs since it's a Speed Percentage (100% rightful arbitrary statement). In other words, my high score should be approximately 488,000,000 x 233,726,001 = 114,058,288,488,000,000. I theoretically beat the world record. SOF-WTN, you suck !
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Certainly not my best run, but the best one I've had since my last highs score (how depressingly long ago was that? *sigh*)

Anyways, I'm mostly posting it in the hopes that PROMETHEUS will get bored and give me some pointers ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?lnge0bemmcc
(See PROMETHEUS's post on the previous page for proper language pack and version of MAME)

One day I'll break my old high score, as well as the 100M mark. ONE DAY!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

no problem I don't mind helping out a little

nothing to say about stage 1, I would say this about stage 2, 3 and 4 :
you seem to know approximate paths to chain through those stages that seem to work pretty well. I don't know for sure because I don't use the same paths but in some places, you're running through much more difficult trouble than I am in my paths. This is something you want to look into carefully in Dodonpachi. A path can seem it's perfectly fine but it could randomly run into trouble, when another path might be much safer. Copy K.O. or me to get the safest paths through the levels (and bosses).

As for stage 5, your path is kind of there but much more difficult than it should be in most of the stage, this has to be learned more precisely. Stage 6, no scoring path, but you seem to have an ok survival path. No points but perhaps easier to survive in some places. You should still learn a scoring path there because it's not much harder than survival and it's worth a lot of points of course. This stage takes a lot of precise memorization but it's a lot of fun to chain imo.

I think you have potential to get at least 150M, you need to refine a lil bit your knowledge of stage 4, practice at consistency in stage 2, 3, and solidly learn stage 5 and 6. You could bomb once in stage 5 and do the rest decently for a 200M run (by getting to the bullet canceling section of 2-3 before game over). Then you will have to pass the barrier of being able to no miss no bomb first loop to get huge points from loop 2. All of this you will reach in 10 times as little playtime if you practice with savestates, of course.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

I've actually copied a few things here and there from both of you, but I still have to do a little of my own figuring things out to actually get some parts down. Stage 5 has been the most problematic. I have the general idea of what I'm supposed to do down, but the precision is greatly lacking, and whenever I find myself changing plans on the fly to make up for some slight mistake, things get messy, like in that replay. I need to pick out more enemy spawn queues for when to move, I think. Also, I usually do the beginning section MUCH better, but the middle area death was about par for the course.

I haven't even THOUGHT about trying to chain 1-6. Usually I can get a 500ish combo in there, starting at the first of the large bees and the honeycomb turret spawner, all the way up to the 4 bees and green ships right before the large red planes. Mostly I just can't do the intro at all, or the very end.

Yeah, 150M shouldn't be TOO bad if I can put everything together in one slick run. I've had 90M before at the end of stage 6, but I had like no lives and didn't make it to the second loop =/ If I could combine the scoring I did on that run, with less deaths, I'd be very happy.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Arvandor wrote:I haven't even THOUGHT about trying to chain 1-6. Usually I can get a 500ish combo in there, starting at the first of the large bees and the honeycomb turret spawner, all the way up to the 4 bees and green ships right before the large red planes. Mostly I just can't do the intro at all, or the very end.
Yeah, those 500 hits aren't really hard to get, although perhaps you are confronted to low consistency regarding survival, as this stage depends heavily on very strict memorization to be played safely I think. Then learning to do the beginning and end parts require more methodical skills but as a result they're also more fun to play. (that part to connect the 2 red planes need a super perfect timing, hardest in the whole game)
captpain

Post by captpain »

CPN - 39'379'720 - A-L - 2-2 - 305

:lol:

Still plugging away
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

i think i can definitely get 65-70 mill just keep fucking up my chain in 2 places and when i manage to do them i screw up somewhere else :x

charlie chong-55,291,420-C-S-2-1-404

charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

back again

charlie chong-58,881,090-C-S-2-2-389

ptoing

Post by ptoing »

ptoing - 37'998'410 - C-S - 1-6 - 292

Playing more the last few weeks. Only survival. It's nice tho to feel and see how you get better :D
captpain

Post by captpain »

Well, just got 48 million on 1-6 (as opposed to just shy of 40 at 2-2) because instead of playing with A-L, I tried C-S once and that's what happened. I swear, it's like easy mode for stages 5 and 6, just "push button to get combo"... the only thing that was a problem was the stage 5 boss's big fireballs.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

captpain wrote:Well, just got 48 million on 1-6 (as opposed to just shy of 40 at 2-2) because instead of playing with A-L, I tried C-S once and that's what happened. I swear, it's like easy mode for stages 5 and 6, just "push button to get combo"... the only thing that was a problem was the stage 5 boss's big fireballs.
Yeah C-S is definitely much easier to play at first. The gap probably gets thinner when you learn to chain all the stages, C-S will have more trouble on bosses and probably some of its chains are harder to pull.
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Ravid - 88,337,210 - B-L - 2-3 - 591

God, I just had to post this as it's the first time I ever chained stage 4, right from the start to nearly the end. Also managed to get past the bullet cancelling ships on 2-3 which are worth hueg points, apparently.

Although I'll understand if you don't post this, as I didn't think to record a replay of this run. It would be nice if the board was at least updated with my previous score, sometime though :?:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

elfhentaifan isn't updating his boards at all anymore, someone should take over.

Good job with the 1-4 chain~!
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

PROMETHEUS wrote:elfhentaifan isn't updating his boards at all anymore, someone should take over.

Good job with the 1-4 chain~!
Cheers!

I'd be happy to take over this board, but I'm not sure of the etiquette - should I just start a new thread, or PM a mod or something first?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Yeah you can just start a new thread, it's fine, it's been a really long time since there was no update at all. Maybe you could PM a mod so the "high score board index" is updated, but even that should be unnecessary.