Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou [Arcade/PS2/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
jpj

Post by jpj »

cheers dude :)

sadly it doesn't save the scores, no :(

how did you find playing the PCB version?

(updated!)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jpj wrote: how did you find playing the PCB version?
In some ways it was easier, in some ways it may have been harder. I found it interesting that the demonstrations in attract mode were different. Other than that, most of the changes I can probably attribute to playing the game on a monitor, or perhaps not having the off-centred hitbox that I hear exists in the PS2 version. On a monitor my perspective is smaller so I found that of course it was easier to avoid projectiles near my ship, but it was harder to notice projectiles that weren't yet very close to my ship. The net result was that very first time I played the PCB, I made it to stage 1-5 and got pretty far into it with type A-E (which never happened on the PS2 version), so whatever changes there were, they were for the better, overall (the main drawback was that I couldn't hear the game's music so well over the background noise. lol).
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Rocking that DOJ @ Lovegety, eh?
Damn, 104M.... makes my 17M score look like cake.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

SFKhoa wrote:Rocking that DOJ @ Lovegety, eh?
Damn, 104M.... makes my 17M score look like cake.
Actually, I asked whether the machine saved scores or not because I was hoping you would walk into Lovegety Station arcade one day, see the scoreboard, and have your head explode. Uhh, sorry for wiping you off the ranking... :)
ave

Post by ave »

This is SO dumb.
I just started playing again and already got my first 140+ score too, but the rank of this game is abnormal. I managed to no miss untill stage 4 midboss and the bullets are twice as fast as usually. This game cooks your nerves untill it can suck them through a straw -_-
THE ETERNAL
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Kaiser - 25,780,720- A-E - 1-ALL - 798 Hit

1CC, my score won't get to the list but fuck THAT, 1cc is all that counts
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

try to increase youre score by at least 8mil to get on the list :( :(
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

elfhentaifan wrote:try to increase youre score by at least 8mil to get on the list :( :(
Sorry dude, i'm quitting from playing shmups for now, as you know my life is a mess and i can't really concentrate on finishing anything with decent score, so no :(
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice one dude, updated :D
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Can't you see the B type's is obviously shifted to the left? That is, assuming the drawings represent the hitboxes correctly, which I'm afraid they don't.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
jpj

Post by jpj »

sorry dude, no idea about hitboxes, i'm not usually that close to the bullets 8)

keep going dude. a 1700 chain is impressive. stage 3 not netting you much at the minute?
jpj

Post by jpj »

Goongrave wrote:losing lives like I was playing unreal tournament LOL.
:lol:

awesome. and yeah, if you can chain both halves of stage 3 and get a nice hypering run on the boss, you should hit that :)
A_Civilian

Post by A_Civilian »

CIV - 102,902,800 - A-L - 1-5 - 1185 Hit (PS2)

Because A-Es are everywhere.
Last edited by A_Civilian on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PPA

Post by PPA »

Oh I suck.

I cant chain anything really. Today did my major chain and it was 469 hits on level 2.

Also, cona someone explain me the 23 different shot type you can select?

TY
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Eh, there's nothing to explain, really. S-type has a stronger, wider normal shot. L-type has a stronger, wider laser. E-type has both, but only gives you two bombs (which only makes sense to use if you're good enough to no-miss most of the game).
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated 8)
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

I noticed something very peculiar about the scoreboard. There is not a single 1-ALL score on the board. I have played some credits of this before. I got a decent ~38M run which ended just before the stage-5 boss. Next time I play it, I will post a 1-ALL score which will hopefully be enough to get on this board.

Also, after the loop, does this version start on zero lives and give you one after every stage clear? Or there is something else at work?
malik11

Post by malik11 »

wiNteR wrote:Also, after the loop, does this version start on zero lives and give you one after every stage clear?
That's correct.
jpj

Post by jpj »

wiNteR wrote:I noticed something very peculiar about the scoreboard. There is not a single 1-ALL score on the board. I have played some credits of this before. I got a decent ~38M run which ended just before the stage-5 boss. Next time I play it, I will post a 1-ALL score which will hopefully be enough to get on this board.

Also, after the loop, does this version start on zero lives and give you one after every stage clear? Or there is something else at work?
if you beat the stage 5 boss, but haven't satisfied the conditions to enter the second-loop, the game will list your score as a 1-5 with no special recognition.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

Yeah, the game probably doesn't distinguish to keep motivating the players for the loop. But regardless, in my opinion, 1-All is a different level of progression than 1-5 (would fall between 1-5 and 2-1). Anyway, are you distinguishing between the two in this scoreboard?
jpj

Post by jpj »

sorry, what i mean is that there are a few of what you would call "1-ALL"s already on the scoreboard, but the players themselves still have submitted them as 1-5, because that's how the game displays it.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jpj wrote:sorry, what i mean is that there are a few of what you would call "1-ALL"s already on the scoreboard, but the players themselves still have submitted them as 1-5, because that's how the game displays it.
I wonder how it is in Black Label. I'm sure in 1-round mode it would be 1-ALL.
jpj

Post by jpj »

when i beat hibachi, i'll let you know :lol:

(actually, i think it would just say ALL, but i will try and find out :) )
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Hello, chief! Let's post a score, why not?
This score may not be anything special in this thread, but for me, it was a masterpiece of a run. I chained all of stage two (except for the last two bees), the part of stage three before the midboss, stage five until the DDP 4th boss cameo (with plenty of hypers acquired from getting over three thousand hits on the stage four boss--never happened before), and stage four until the elevators, and some other segments. I could never have done this if it weren't for the PCB.

malik11 - 141,810,160 - A-E - 1-5 - 1860 Hit
jpj

Post by jpj »

on an arcade forum i visit, some people were after tips on the game, and i linked them to you youtube stuff :) i think you're a good player

updated
A_Civilian

Post by A_Civilian »

Sort of stupid question, but what's the public opinion on hypering bosses, by the way? (How low of a score difference does it make, and such.)
jpj

Post by jpj »

score-wise, you're looking at maybe 5 mill off the stage 1/2/3 boss, to give you an idea. it's usually more important in terms of filling your hyper meter though. if you hyper the first boss, and take out his arms whilst they are rotating, you can gain three hypers ready for the start of stage 2. hypering the stage 4 boss can be very beneficial for points (especially in black label), if you're feeling brave. and it's better to die on a boss than have the rank creeping up and die during a level anyways

hope that helps :)
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jpj wrote:on an arcade forum i visit, some people were after tips on the game, and i linked them to you youtube stuff :) i think you're a good player
Wow, thanks! That makes it all worthwhile. Hopefully the shmups coming to Xbox 360 will have replay saving, and maybe I'll be able to upload some more. lol
malik11

Post by malik11 »

@ A_Civilian: Yeah, and if you use hypers in stage one, for example, you will be left with only one hyper for the boss or the next stage. You may as well just use that one hyper to get a couple million points extra and potentially another two hypers for stage two, on top of the hypers that you can milk from the turrets, like jpj said.
You might just get one extra hyper by hypering the stage two boss, but if you can survive doing so (or you think you will likely die and may as well use the hyper while you can, like me), you're essentially getting something (an extra couple of million points) for nothing.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

This score barely even makes the board, but I am pretty satisfied with it considering today was my first day to really get a good chance to play it a bit.

Necronopticous - 53,599,920 - B-E - 1-5 - 483